Conquer Club

Competition thoughts?

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Competition thoughts?

Postby TeeGee on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:09 pm

OK.. This is a suggestion to get some of the CC players to try mafia, but i will need the support of the regular crew here to start some games.

For the month of April

5000 credits to give away, they will be shared randomly for all new mafia players (or those who have not played here in over x months). You may get 1 credit or depending on how many new players we get, you may get all 5000.

To qualify: Join a mafia game before April 30 and play it out til it ends.

Credits will be awarded when the last game that was set up in April ends.

Game List:

---------------------------------------

should I make it shared amongst ALL mafia players to include you guys?
Should i give credits to those who start active games in April, would that make you guys create them?
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Re: Competition thoughts?

Postby dakky21 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:32 pm

I don't think you will get much CC players. People aren't interested in credits. Just take a look at past Egg design contests or Chat events. Always the same people play those. The rest are here just for CC games and would rather pay for Premium than play the events for free credits. That's sad, but it's as it is. And the current mafia community is devolving.

I've had an idea to make a tournament with real CC games, probably a terminator, and try to combine it with mafia, so for example the first to be terminated is lynched in the mafia game, but that also failed.
Captain dakky21

Postby ZaBeast on Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:53 am

Well, in the last official mafia game, the credits assigned to it were never distributed. What's the excuse going to be this time?

On a sidenote, I get the point of trying to recruit new players and therefore making the credits available to them only, but I think it should be open to anybody. It seems unfair to award players credits for playing a game because it's their first one when the players there before didn't have the same chance. If it becomes a recurrent thing I'd be fine with any disposition that says players can't get the credits if they already got some on a previous iteration for instance.

When you say the credits will be shared randomly, you mean they would be shared equally among the qualifying players (the random part coming from the fact you don't know in advance how much everyone will get)?

If this goes live, have you ever thought of making it an announcement so it could be spread outside of the mafia subforum?
Colonel ZaBeast

Postby TeeGee on Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:38 am

ZaBeast wrote:Well, in the last official mafia game, the credits assigned to it were never distributed. What's the excuse going to be this time?
I need details, I will get credits issued, without details, I know nothing, show me a link at least :)

ZaBeast wrote:On a sidenote, I get the point of trying to recruit new players and therefore making the credits available to them only, but I think it should be open to anybody. It seems unfair to award players credits for playing a game because it's their first one when the players there before didn't have the same chance. If it becomes a recurrent thing I'd be fine with any disposition that says players can't get the credits if they already got some on a previous iteration for instance.
Happy to make them open to all, I had thought of that.

ZaBeast wrote:When you say the credits will be shared randomly, you mean they would be shared equally among the qualifying players (the random part coming from the fact you don't know in advance how much everyone will get)?
We could do a random split at random.org or share evenly, I am open to suggestions here.

ZaBeast wrote:If this goes live, have you ever thought of making it an announcement so it could be spread outside of the mafia subforum?
Of course, will be a full announcement plus a facebook ad. I just wanted to run it past what remains of the mafia community here first.
Field Marshal TeeGee

Postby ZaBeast on Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:56 am

TeeGee wrote:
ZaBeast wrote:Well, in the last official mafia game, the credits assigned to it were never distributed. What's the excuse going to be this time?
I need details, I will get credits issued, without details, I know nothing, show me a link at least :)

Talking about The Hobbit Mafia

As this is an Official game 3500 conquer credits goes to the MVP to be voted on at the conclusion of the game.

It just got archived after the game ended, no poll, no credits
Mets said something along the lines of it taking too long here while it was still going on, which I'm guessing is why no credits/poll were issued, but I find it of bad taste to retract an announced reward like that with no further explanation, esp. since no official game was planned for any of the subsequent quarters. And I guess technically the game ended before the new year as TFO's lynch was announced then. It's just the final scene that took longer.
Colonel ZaBeast

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:17 am

Well, if it can bring in some new people, I'm down for the idea. Just hope whatever community we have left kicks the elitist mentality.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby TeeGee on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:32 am

ZaBeast wrote:
TeeGee wrote:

As this is an Official game 3500 conquer credits goes to the MVP to be voted on at the conclusion of the game.

Mets said something along the lines of it taking too long here while it was still going on, which I'm guessing is why no credits/poll were issued, but I find it of bad taste to retract an announced reward like that with no further explanation, esp. since no official game was planned for any of the subsequent quarters. And I guess technically the game ended before the new year as TFO's lynch was announced then. It's just the final scene that took longer.

Poll open for 7 days to vote, please remind me if I haven't handed out credits by middle of next week :)
Field Marshal TeeGee

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:58 am

ZaBeast wrote:
TeeGee wrote:

Since mets resigned there has been no mod in charge of this area. I did see mets' last comment on November 20th, to the effect the the game had been an Official game, that it failed to qualify for the credits in that quarter but probably would in the next quarter. I had no disagreement with that. I set the credits aside for the rewards in my budget, but nobody ever bothered writing to me to indicate that the game was over or who was the MVP. No rewards were "retracted", the credits were earmarked in my budget that quarter.

Since November 20th, silence, until now. With no mod in charge of this area, the organizer should have shown some initiative and written to me to indicate the game was over, as well who is the MVP.

Anyway, looks like TeeGee is taking this on, so I'll leave it at that.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby BuJaber on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:46 am

I say no harm in trying things.

Would be happy to play/mod games to encourage participation.

I think something like one official game every quarter should work to slowly get more people involved with mafia (because miraculously CC active player count actually seems to be increasing lately if the current online members stats thing is any indication).

As of right now since the community is small, bored, burned out, and sort of feeling hopeless about the future of mafia games on CC let's not play any other games than the one official one every quarter. When the community becomes big enough again to have 9+ members always active at all times then we can play additional games.

Just my two cents.
Major BuJaber

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:42 pm

I just don't know how much of an incentive the Credits are for the Mafia players. To my knowledge, I'd say half of the players are basically here solely for Mafia only. But it's hard to find an incentive to get people in here, because no offense to anyone, this is a daunting game to get into. I only got into it because I knew the gist of it from high school. But that was it, I knew Of the game. Not the logistics of how to hunt or read tells.

So we're in a bit of a bind where, half the crowd isn't exactly jumping for joy for credits. The other crowd would be happy to get some, and I'm assuming new users have no clue what mafia is, so they don't look here.

I'd still like to find a way to get prizes that would get "Oh hey, that's pretty cool/sweet!" My initial thought when we went over this, was an Amazon gift card of x amount of dollars to the MVP, and to the winning side. Or any online website of the winners choosing. But of course that would all be coming out of pocket unfortunately.

Dukasaur, do you have time some point this week to chat? I can try to moderate this area, I just need to know exactly what is needed, and I think talking RT would be ideal to get across what is all needed.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Swifte on Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:41 pm

vote TFO.

am i doing this right?
Colonel Swifte

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:38 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:I just don't know how much of an incentive the Credits are for the Mafia players. To my knowledge, I'd say half of the players are basically here solely for Mafia only. But it's hard to find an incentive to get people in here, because no offense to anyone, this is a daunting game to get into. I only got into it because I knew the gist of it from high school. But that was it, I knew Of the game. Not the logistics of how to hunt or read tells.

So we're in a bit of a bind where, half the crowd isn't exactly jumping for joy for credits. The other crowd would be happy to get some, and I'm assuming new users have no clue what mafia is, so they don't look here.

I'd still like to find a way to get prizes that would get "Oh hey, that's pretty cool/sweet!" My initial thought when we went over this, was an Amazon gift card of x amount of dollars to the MVP, and to the winning side. Or any online website of the winners choosing. But of course that would all be coming out of pocket unfortunately.

Dukasaur, do you have time some point this week to chat? I can try to moderate this area, I just need to know exactly what is needed, and I think talking RT would be ideal to get across what is all needed.

Done....:)
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:10 pm

Swifte wrote:vote TFO.

am i doing this right?

vote TFO.

this makes him CM now right?
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Sergeant 1st Class CatchersMitt14

Postby ZaBeast on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:48 pm

You forgot to bold your votes, they don't count
Seems it worked anyways though. TFO is a forgiving mod.

What about making mafia participation and/or mafia achievement (MVP) medals (just don't make them retroactive it that's ever a thing)? I'd love to see all them medal hunters out there try out a mafia game to get more of them. It would probably mean more work though (although when you consider the volume of mafia games going on atm...)
Thanks for the poll btw
Colonel ZaBeast

Return to Mafia Discussions