Conquer Club

Updates to Mafia

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Updates to Mafia

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:05 am

Hey Guys!

As I'm sure you guys saw, I've stepped up to run the place. I'm going to update this post as I come up with more idea's on how to get Mafia flowing again, so this will be the place where I'm going to be posting my idea's, as well as you guys submitting idea's!

Firstly, for the Official games, one thing that always bothered me was how the MVP always got the glory. That never sat with me well, because for Player X that got killed N1, it didn't give them a fair chance at winning anything from that. So I'd ideally like to move to this:

For Official Games, the winning team is going to be the one winning all of the credits. I might make exceptions for people who go AWOL, but I will leave that up for improvement. So if I have 3500 Credits set aside for the next Official game, the winning side is going to split that among it's team members. I view this as a team game, so everyone get's something out of it. I may continue on with the MVP getting a bonus on top of that, but I will have to work that out.

Due to the fact the Official Games are usually 14+, which leaves if Town wins with smaller amount, I might try to keep Official Games in the range of 9 players. Give or take.

I will continue to hand out rewards to users that Host the Official Games, which would be the Credits as well as handing out a couple of the higher end Stars (Not Red/Green, those are special, blue/yellow are a maybe).

Secondly, this one is a bit ambitious and I don't know how well it will go, but I'd like to get a running leaderboard as voted by you. Basically after each game is done, you'd rank each player in the game from MVP, down to LVP (Least valuable player). This would be submitted to me via PM (That way it wouldn't cause rifts "Why did you vote for him not me!"). This might not come to fruition until later in the year, but I want to have something else for you guys to strive for. I trust that you guys wouldn't vote for player X because Player Y is ahead of you in the standings. I plan to have a prize for the top X players (Depending on how many are on the scoreboard), with the top player receiving a prize that's not from CC (I'm thinking an Amazon Gift Card, but I'm flexible).

I also want to incentivize you guys to either bring players in, either from the site, a friend you know that likes mafia, or heck, perhaps from a different mafia community. Hell, I'd be open for you guys to drag back some of the old squad if you have contacts for them.

If you guys have thoughts as well, don't be afraid to PM me or post them in here :)

Happy hunting!
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: Updates to Mafia

Postby aage on Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:18 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:Firstly, for the Official games, one thing that always bothered me was how the MVP always got the glory. That never sat with me well, because for Player X that got killed N1, it didn't give them a fair chance at winning anything from that. So I'd ideally like to move to this

But then I wouldn't get as much satisfaction from killing Skoffing night 1 :( :(
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Skoffin on Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:22 am

aage wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:Firstly, for the Official games, one thing that always bothered me was how the MVP always got the glory. That never sat with me well, because for Player X that got killed N1, it didn't give them a fair chance at winning anything from that. So I'd ideally like to move to this

But then I wouldn't get as much satisfaction from killing Skoffing night 1 :( :(

That satisfaction is short lived when games can literally die after my death. Take that, squire.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby BuJaber on Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:36 am

Good luck bud.

Can we call you Don Forgivione?
Major BuJaber

Postby ZaBeast on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:18 am

How would the prize be divided in cult games (if there is ever an official game with a cult)? If cult wins, would everyone in the cult win, even the new recruit that didn't do anything? Or conversely, if town wins, would the last recruit lose even if he didn't have anything to do with that loss?
Colonel ZaBeast

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:26 am

ZaBeast wrote:How would the prize be divided in cult games (if there is ever an official game with a cult)? If cult wins, would everyone in the cult win, even the new recruit that didn't do anything? Or conversely, if town wins, would the last recruit lose even if he didn't have anything to do with that loss?

Thank you for bringing this up. I might have a rule of thumb where I'll ask all users running Official Games to try and keep Cults to a minimum. But to answer your question, yes, if you are apart of that cult at end game and you win, you win. If you get brought in last minute and lose, you lose. Does that Vanilla Townie that voted wrong all game, yet was on the winning side, still get credit for winning? Despite doing everything wrong? Yes, they do.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Return to Mafia Discussions