Conquer Club

Terminator Mafia Game Thread Mafia Win!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Terminator Mafia Game Thread Mafia Win!

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Honestly I thought I made a great case about naxus before and after his claim...I was surprised so many people didn't buy it. Honestly though rodion's claim was too good...I wanted to come into the thread and tear apart his argument but his claim from name to role to the miller potential I thought fit too well together to be ignored. Honestly I thought you were Kyle Reese from T1 especially after you made th e comment something about no one believing you. I thought kyle would have fit perfectly as cop, though I also thought you may have bwwn Sarah Connor from T2 but she probably would have been paranoid or insane.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby MeDeFe on Thu May 05, 2011 5:39 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I can't believe people believed Rodion and lynched blake. That blew my mind. GG

blakebowling wrote:The only thing I have to say is.

I... can't.... believe... you fucking lynched me.

Well, it led to two really good leads, and with 9-3 being what most players thought was likely that was quite ok from a town perspective. And Rodion really did defend himself brilliantly, even without Naxus counterclaiming your role it was a close call. After his claim you were pretty much nailed. From a town perspective: We lynch the person that has been counterclaimed, if you're scum all is well, if you're the cop naxus and Rodion are lynched the next two days and then there would've been only one mafia member left.

Of course that would only have worked if the initial assumption of 9-3 had been correct, which we scum knew it wasn't, but your bomb blew our chances of an early win there. If Rodion hadn't unvoted, iCon would probably have hammered and been blown up, the game would've ended then and there.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 05, 2011 6:00 pm

MeDeFe wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I can't believe people believed Rodion and lynched blake. That blew my mind. GG

Well, it led to two really good leads, and with 9-3 being what most players thought was likely that was quite ok from a town perspective. And Rodion really did defend himself brilliantly, even without Naxus counterclaiming your role it was a close call. After his claim you were pretty much nailed. From a town perspective: We lynch the person that has been counterclaimed, if you're scum all is well, if you're the cop naxus and Rodion are lynched the next two days and then there would've been only one mafia member left.

Of course that would only have worked if the initial assumption of 9-3 had been correct, which we scum knew it wasn't, but your bomb blew our chances of an early win there. If Rodion hadn't unvoted, iCon would probably have hammered and been blown up, the game would've ended then and there.

In all honesty I was surprised I was the only one who called naxus out on that fake claim as there seemed to be a couple gaping holes. The timing, the errors concerning the abilities of the claimed role, the fact that naxus' behavior didn't fit into the role he was claiming.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby safariguy5 on Thu May 05, 2011 7:02 pm

strike wolf wrote:Honestly I thought I made a great case about naxus before and after his claim...I was surprised so many people didn't buy it. Honestly though rodion's claim was too good...I wanted to come into the thread and tear apart his argument but his claim from name to role to the miller potential I thought fit too well together to be ignored. Honestly I thought you were Kyle Reese from T1 especially after you made th e comment something about no one believing you. I thought kyle would have fit perfectly as cop, though I also thought you may have bwwn Sarah Connor from T2 but she probably would have been paranoid or insane.

Me personally as evidenced by the fakeclaims I gave the other mafia, would have made Kyle Reese from T1 an inventor (for making the pipe bombs) and Sarah Connor from T2 a vig (from when she almost murders Dyson with a M-16). I did say I would give mafia good fakeclaims, and that's part of the reason I like doing parallel storyline games like this one as it has plenty of characters.

I also wanted to work the police psychiatrist in there somehow, but I decided not to.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Rodion on Thu May 05, 2011 7:11 pm

strike wolf wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:

In all honesty I was surprised I was the only one who called naxus out on that fake claim as there seemed to be a couple gaping holes. The timing, the errors concerning the abilities of the claimed role, the fact that naxus' behavior didn't fit into the role he was claiming.

I guess Medefe nailed it. With your 9-3 assumptions, the game was 7-3 at the moment. After Blake's death and 1 NK, you'd be 5-3, but then lynch Naxus, 1 NK. 4-2. Then lynch me and 1 NK. 3-1, which sounds good to the town. Thus, believing Naxus was a good bet (even if he was lying).
General Rodion

Postby freezie on Thu May 05, 2011 7:14 pm

First of all..I never lied in this game.

Past games I have played as Godfather, I had the right to choose one goons to send and do the killing. Same in this game.

Tail..Medefe never killed you..I ordered him to kill you, not exactly the same thing ;)

Night 1 I didn't want to off AoG as I knew he would have been protected. So we basicly just offed some random, less likely to be protected person. Like shield.

Night 2 I sent Naxus since he was doomed anyway.

And I knew that with a 8-4 scenario that I couldn't take it chill and off any townies..I never foreseen 2 bombs, but I knew that something or some would have made what looked like lylo to mafia when it would actually screw us.

And Strike, you were right about me...but that was simple coicidence...thought you must give me credit for calling out the gofather to choose kills, as you would have never guessed Medefe in there...pretty sure you would have been on Icon the next day had I been lynched. So in my eyes, the game was won from the moment you claimed XD

Good game guys.
Corporal 1st Class freezie

Postby freezie on Thu May 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Rodion wrote:2 I was hoping Freezie would have summoned the flavour scenes in her defense, but it turned out well either way.

Sadly, unless people use the scenes against me, I never use them. Flavour scenes are, in my oppinion, for flavour only.

I was ready to defend myself with more weight than a scene ;)
Corporal 1st Class freezie

Postby naxus on Thu May 05, 2011 7:31 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Honestly I thought I made a great case about naxus before and after his claim...I was surprised so many people didn't buy it. Honestly though rodion's claim was too good...I wanted to come into the thread and tear apart his argument but his claim from name to role to the miller potential I thought fit too well together to be ignored. Honestly I thought you were Kyle Reese from T1 especially after you made th e comment something about no one believing you. I thought kyle would have fit perfectly as cop, though I also thought you may have bwwn Sarah Connor from T2 but she probably would have been paranoid or insane.

Me personally as evidenced by the fakeclaims I gave the other mafia, would have made Kyle Reese from T1 an inventor (for making the pipe bombs) and Sarah Connor from T2 a vig (from when she almost murders Dyson with a M-16). I did say I would give mafia good fakeclaims, and that's part of the reason I like doing parallel storyline games like this one as it has plenty of characters.

I also wanted to work the police psychiatrist in there somehow, but I decided not to.

I thought about using him as my fake claim. I'm so proud of getting blake killed. Cop claims and points out a scum and we still kill him
Haggis_McMutton wrote:2. Anyone else find it kind of funny that naxus is NK'd right after insisting that we're all paranoid?
Corporal 1st Class naxus

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 05, 2011 7:37 pm

I admit I messed up there but that's what made it really frustrating...also assuming I wasn't killed I probably would have investigated medefe not icon.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby 00iCon on Thu May 05, 2011 8:23 pm

sorry, you were counterclaimed. that was the final straw. don't take it personally.

Saf, did your bombs target a specific player or kill the last voter? I think there were enough power roles to balance 8-4 it just took a turn for the worse for town at some point .
Corporal 1st Class 00iCon

Postby safariguy5 on Thu May 05, 2011 8:46 pm

00iCon wrote:

sorry, you were counterclaimed. that was the final straw. don't take it personally.

Saf, did your bombs target a specific player or kill the last voter? I think there were enough power roles to balance 8-4 it just took a turn for the worse for town at some point .

Bomb always targets the hammer or the person who does the NK. And I just want to point out that mafia have now successfully counterclaimed town twice in my modded games, so I wouldn't say that a counterclaim is definitive proof of guilt or innocence. Especially since as strike pointed out, the counterclaim wasn't exactly the tightest of claims.
Captain safariguy5

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:20 pm

This was the last time I was day 1 lynched :(
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives