Conquer Club

Terminator Mafia Game Thread Mafia Win!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Terminator Mafia Game Thread Day 4 Deadline 5 days

Postby safariguy5 on Thu May 05, 2011 11:37 am

Vote Count

Icon(3)- freezie, jeraado, MeDeFe

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

00icon has been lynched! Scene upcoming.
Captain safariguy5

Re: Terminator Mafia Game Thread Day 4 Deadline 5 days

Postby safariguy5 on Thu May 05, 2011 11:44 am

Scene

As the day dawned, people seemed to be numb from all the death. Finally, 00icon was put under a lot of pressure for defending a terminator. Everyone grabbed him and dragged him out back to be shot.

00icon, Kyle Reese from Terminator Salvation, Vanilla Townie has been lynched!

Although the town had faced long odds in defeating the machines, their cause now seemed doomed.

strike wolf, Kate Brewster from Terminator 3, Town Tracker has been endgamed!
jeraado, T-800 from Terminator 3, Town Bomb has been endgamed!

Mafia Win
freezie, Skynet, Mafia Godfather has won!
MeDeFe, T-X from Terminator 3, Mafia Goon has won!
naxus, T-1000 from Terminator 2, Mafia Framer has won!
Rodion, T-800 from Terminator 1, Mafia Goon has won!
Captain safariguy5

Re: Terminator Mafia Game Thread Mafia Win!

Postby safariguy5 on Thu May 05, 2011 11:46 am

Roles and Night Actions, Mafia fakeclaims are listed after their roles

Town (8)
John Connor (Salvation)- Jailkeeper- DoomYoshi lynched Day 1
John Connor (2)- Vanilla Townie- Army of GOD replaced by edocsil killed Night 2
Kyle Reese (Salvation)- Vanilla Townie-00icon lynched Day 4
Sarah Connor (1)- Vanilla Townie- TA1LGUNN3R killed Night 3
T-800 (2)- Bodyguard- shieldgenerator7 killed Night 1
T-800 (3)- Bomb- jeraado
Miles Dyson (2)- Sane Cop/Bomb (hidden)- blakebowling lynched Day 2
Kate Brewster (3)- Tracker- VioIet replaced by strike wolf

Mafia (4)
Skynet- John Connor (3) (JOAT)- Godfather- freezie
T-X (3)- Kyle Reese (1) (Inventor)- Goon- MeDeFe
T-1000 (2)- Sarah Connor (2) (Vigilante)- Framer- naxus lynched Day 3
T-800 (1)- Marcus Wright (Salvation) (Busdriver)-Goon- Rodion killed Day 2

Night 1
blake investigates Rodion
shield protects AoG
VioIet tracks MeDeFe
Rodion kill shield
naxus frames blake

Night 2
strike tracks icon
naxus frames icon
naxus kills edocsil

Night 3
strike tracks jeraado
MeDeFe kills tails
Captain safariguy5

Postby Rodion on Thu May 05, 2011 11:47 am

Nice!!! :D
General Rodion

Postby safariguy5 on Thu May 05, 2011 11:52 am

Mod Notes

I tweaked the balance a little bit for a small game, added 1 extra mafia member. I had a retaliatory bodyguard and a jailkeeper to add up to about 1 strong protective role. 1 sane cop and hidden bomb and 1 tracker to probably 1 and a half investigative roles, and 1 bomb who knew he was a bomb for a wild card.

I think town definitely could have won this game. icon, I know you haven't played many games, but tweaking with cop sanity in a small game just begs to be OP for mafia. With insane cop, it takes at least 2 nights if we're lucky for the cop to realize he's insane as I don't let my cops investigate themselves. This still could lead to a mislynch and can cause all sorts of problems.

blake, I understand where you're excited for finding scum, but admittedly mafia got lucky with the bodyguard kill and you should have known the likelihood of a third protective role was very low. I would have tried to pursue a case on Rodion without revealing yourself first and then revealed if it didn't seem to be working.

Rodion had a very spirited defense, and it worked quite well on this group. Definitely MVP for the amount of effort he put into the game.

If you're VT, you should be willing to take the lynch Day 1. This prevents more useful roles from getting exposed/hung. I should also note that VT is a pretty common scum fakeclaim.

Sorry guys, no win conditions in such a small game.
Captain safariguy5

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Thu May 05, 2011 12:01 pm

so... was I directly NK'd or was my death due to the mafia aiming for AoG and I guarded him?
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 05, 2011 12:22 pm

I have to say...this seems a bit unbalanced...I guess town did have a lot of good counter roles but an 8-4 mafia town ratio? I want to apologize to icon. I did get the gut feeeling you were town towards the end but all the solid evidence pointed to you being mafia.

Also...god dammit I was right about freezie...but wrong about medefe...
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Rodion on Thu May 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Directly nightkilled.
General Rodion

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 05, 2011 12:26 pm

strike wolf wrote:I have to say...this seems a bit unbalanced...I guess town did have a lot of good counter roles but an 8-4 mafia town ratio? I want to apologize to icon. I did get the gut feeeling you were town towards the end but all the solid evidence pointed to you being mafia.

On second thought town was just doomed for losing both protective roles day/night 1. Good game.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Thu May 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Rodion wrote:Directly nightkilled.

aw... and here I thought the whole time AoG was targeted and i saved him. oh well.
Good game! This is actually the first game I've participated in that has finished. The other ones I was in haven't finished yet.
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.

Postby safariguy5 on Thu May 05, 2011 12:38 pm

strike wolf wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I have to say...this seems a bit unbalanced...I guess town did have a lot of good counter roles but an 8-4 mafia town ratio? I want to apologize to icon. I did get the gut feeeling you were town towards the end but all the solid evidence pointed to you being mafia.

On second thought town was just doomed for losing both protective roles day/night 1. Good game.

If people would have believed blake, that would have been 1 mafia lynched. blake probably would have been NKed, leading to another mafia dying. And naxus would have been lynched the next day for lying, leaving only the gf left.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Rodion on Thu May 05, 2011 12:44 pm

My notes

1 - I also thought a 9-3 ratio would sound more likely, but I heard Safari was great with balancing, so I expected several town PRs to balance the 8-4 ratio. I did get happy when people discarded the 8-4 possibility (town could act more carelessly if they didn't suspect it was a LYLO scenario).

2 - Strike, you were right about Freezie, but for the wrong reasons. Flavour clearly stated the N1 kill was made by a T-800 (and then I flipped T-800). Then N2 kill was made by a T-1000 (and then Naxus flipped T-1000). Next night it was a woman in red (T-X) doing the kill, so I never thought you'd conclude the godfather would be doing the killing himself. I was hoping Freezie would have summoned the flavour scenes in her defense, but it turned out well either way.

3 - The N2 00iCon frame could have lost us the game had Naxus been tracked or 00iCon been watched. After Naxus flipped framer D3, the likely conclusion would have been that mafia was trying to frame 00iCon and thus he should be cleared.

Safari, what did you mean by a retaliatory bodyguard? Had we targeted his protégé, what would have happened?
General Rodion

Postby Rodion on Thu May 05, 2011 12:45 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

If people would have believed blake, that would have been 1 mafia lynched. blake probably would have been NKed, leading to another mafia dying. And naxus would have been lynched the next day for lying, leaving only the gf left.

I think Freezie would have sent Naxus to kill Blake, so it would have been a 5-2 scenario with Freezie and Medefe alive entering D3.
General Rodion

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Rodion wrote:My notes

1 - I also thought a 9-3 ratio would sound more likely, but I heard Safari was great with balancing, so I expected several town PRs to balance the 8-4 ratio. I did get happy when people discarded the 8-4 possibility (town could act more carelessly if they didn't suspect it was a LYLO scenario).
well it sounds insane under normal circumstances.

2 - Strike, you were right about Freezie, but for the wrong reasons. Flavour clearly stated the N1 kill was made by a T-800 (and then I flipped T-800). Then N2 kill was made by a T-1000 (and then Naxus flipped T-1000). Next night it was a woman in red (T-X) doing the kill, so I never thought you'd conclude the godfather would be doing the killing himself. I was hoping Freezie would have summoned the flavour scenes in her defense, but it turned out well either way.
I had other reasons for thinking so and honestly I had my doubts about switching off of freezie...she stated that the kill wasnot made by the godfather himself so matter of factly I really thought that she had inside information...and it was the scenes that persuaded me I might be wrong...

3 - The N2 00iCon frame could have lost us the game had Naxus been tracked or 00iCon been watched. After Naxus flipped framer D3, the likely conclusion would have been that mafia was trying to frame 00iCon and thus he should be cleared.
. Here was my thoughts on this. We already knew naxus was scum. I felt the better decision would be to go after a different likely mafia and potentially catch the killer red handed...however you are right if I had tracked naxus I could have saved the town...

Cadet strike wolf

Postby safariguy5 on Thu May 05, 2011 1:13 pm

Rodion wrote:My notes

Safari, what did you mean by a retaliatory bodyguard? Had we targeted his protégé, what would have happened?

If you kill the person the bodyguard was targeting, you would die as well. The bodyguard sacrifices himself to save the person and takes out the attacker.

Also, I liked the way / had his games where the godfather chooses the mafia member to make the night kill. So I will probably do that from now on. I think it boosts the value of tracker and jailkeeper respectively as they can find/block the killer with higher probability.

While I think the mafia got lucky killing the bodyguard, this was offset by blake finding 1 scum member. And like I said before, I think town could have won this game, as I was also testing how powerful sane cop/hidden bomb could be.
Captain safariguy5

Postby safariguy5 on Thu May 05, 2011 1:18 pm

And I did try to base the roles off their characters. If you think about it, Miles Dyson was pivotal in helping Sarah and John destroy Cyberdyne in Terminator 2 as he got them access into the lab and helped destroy the equipment. Also, I figured he would fit as a sane cop as Arnold showed him the truth about the Terminators when the T-800 took his own arm off. If I had put Sarah Connor (2) or John Connor (3) or Kyle Reese (1) in the game, they probably would have been the same roles too.

The reason Marcus Wright is a bus driver is slightly more obscure, is that in the original ending of Salvation, John Connor dies from his wounds, and to keep the symbol of him alive, Marcus Wright agrees with Kate and the other people to strip Marcus down to his exoskeleton and put John Connor's skin over him so that Connor could "live on". They changed it to the current ending because it got leaked online. But that would have been much more epic no?
Captain safariguy5

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 05, 2011 1:22 pm

That would have been epic. I thought bus driver fit for the heart transplant and the fact he liked to be the one driving.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Thu May 05, 2011 1:23 pm

whoa. that makes sense now. I didn't get it before. I think the T-800 was a good choice for bodyguard, made a lot of sense.

Postby Rodion on Thu May 05, 2011 1:23 pm

I had trouble with making my claim as I only saw T2. I had to research Marcus to see if Bus Driver would be believable, so I heard of a scene where he was inside a school bus or something like that and he helped Kyle Reese (or John Connor or someone else), so I thought that was why he was a bus driver.
General Rodion

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu May 05, 2011 1:47 pm

gg Mafia. Also, good job killing me MeDeFe. I just knew you were scum and I was going to go after you the next day.

Rodion, excellent work. I hope you stay in mafia games because you did an excellent job. The way you fooled everyone was great. If I had more time, I think I could've prevented that, but I've been so busy lately I haven't had much time to devote to really participating in these games.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby MeDeFe on Thu May 05, 2011 3:52 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:gg Mafia. Also, good job killing me MeDeFe. I just knew you were scum and I was going to go after you the next day.

I was actually not entirely happy with nightkilling you, but strike wolf had been fairly cooperative and jeraado was looking like the likeliest suspect after iCon and had to be kept around as well, so to us you were the least useful town-aligned person. You were the only person left to have voiced any suspicions at all about me, so your death left a trail, however faint, back to me. I think I would have been able to defend myself against any allegations, though. I don't think I slipped up badly anywhere, so a case against me would have had to be highly circumstantial and rely on a fair amount of hypothesis. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm not, your gut feeling is quite impressive since I for the most part of the game tried to ignore that I was scum and only made a mental note not to actively lynch one of the other three.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Re: Terminator Mafia Game Thread Day 1 (4 days till night)

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Thu May 05, 2011 4:02 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:well I'm glad we're not lynching AoG if he's townie. But he could have just as easily made that role up.
Blake's 180 off AoG might have been a n00b mistake, but it may have also been a way to show he is not affiliated with AoG. If AoG and blake are both mafia (robots in this case), then blake would put AoG to L1, showing he is willing to have AoG lynched, then someone else casts the final lynching vote, and if AoG turns up scum, it makes blake look good for lynching him. But AoG roleclaimed vanilla townie, so blake, not seriously wanting to kill a teammate, acted like AoG's claim is truth, making everyone think AoG is really a towns person. So AoG could have claimed to throw us off, and blake's antics may have been just a stunt to get everyone's vote off AoG.

well my accusation was completely wrong. It was completely filled with paranoia. For some reason I think everyone acts deliberately and everything is planned, even though that was obviously proven to not be the case, as AoG was proven innocent and blake was the cop.
Sorry for the paranoid accusations AoG and blake. Good game.

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu May 05, 2011 4:14 pm

MeDeFe wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:gg Mafia. Also, good job killing me MeDeFe. I just knew you were scum and I was going to go after you the next day.

I was actually not entirely happy with nightkilling you, but strike wolf had been fairly cooperative and jeraado was looking like the likeliest suspect after iCon and had to be kept around as well, so to us you were the least useful town-aligned person. You were the only person left to have voiced any suspicions at all about me, so your death left a trail, however faint, back to me. I think I would have been able to defend myself against any allegations, though. I don't think I slipped up badly anywhere, so a case against me would have had to be highly circumstantial and rely on a fair amount of hypothesis. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm not, your gut feeling is quite impressive since I for the most part of the game tried to ignore that I was scum and only made a mental note not to actively lynch one of the other three.

Yeah I didn't have any hard evidence on you, but I was hoping that by making a case I could elicit something from you. You were just so careful, though, I think it very likely that you could indeed shed any allegations I made against you, especially with my flagging activity recently. But I would've tried it nonetheless.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu May 05, 2011 4:28 pm

I can't believe people believed Rodion and lynched blake. That blew my mind. GG
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby blakebowling on Thu May 05, 2011 4:51 pm

The only thing I have to say is.

I... can't.... believe... you fucking lynched me.
Private blakebowling

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives