Conquer Club

Assassin Mafia Game [Town wins!]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:49 pm

Aimless wrote:And regarding pancakemix - yeah, that had us really screwed up on day one. We were half convinced it was you who were doing it, and that there was some complicated pattern of night-target bouncing going on.

Fortunately, we tried to recruit Selin, and would up with pancakemix instead. After that, we were golden.

Because you knew what was going on?
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby Aimless on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:49 pm

everywhere116 wrote:Why would he mind?

In fact, incandenza just said to me:

Incandenza wrote: Aimless has my permission to reveal what we said

RoFL... but I'll wait until he says so directly.

No idea why he would mind, but I just don't like revealing the content of PM's witout permission.
Private Aimless

Postby Aimless on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:51 pm

everywhere116 wrote:
Aimless wrote:And regarding pancakemix - yeah, that had us really screwed up on day one. We were half convinced it was you who were doing it, and that there was some complicated pattern of night-target bouncing going on.

Fortunately, we tried to recruit Selin, and would up with pancakemix instead. After that, we were golden.

Because you knew what was going on?

Right. And, because we could use pancake as a semi-doctor to protect one of us afterwards. Of course, kitten never took the bait; and here I was thinking that I was making myself a [/i]grand[/i] target by claiming to be the recruiter. ;)

Actually, kitten, your kills had me really messed up at the end. The were perfectly targetted to screw up our plotting. So much so that I almost wound up voting Incandenza at the last.
Private Aimless

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:53 pm

Why would you vote him?
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby pancakemix on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:54 pm

That was a weird thought of your's that didn't make sense.

He thought that by some off chance, Incan was a mafia mason recruiter.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Aimless on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:58 pm

Well, our plan on night three was that pancake would switch me with IGS, and Incandenza would recruit Fircoal. Hopefully, I'd be targetted, IGS would die, and Incandenza's life/death would implicate Fircoal or kitten, so we'd know for certain who the scum was. But Fircoal died, and both IGS and kitten lived.

On night four, I was swapped with kitten, hopefully to trick kitten into killing herself. But pancake died.

Here's the thing, though - both of those kills were exactly how I would have done things if I had been a mafia mason. And I remembered your game with Houssam. ;) So, I got really paranoid at the end. So much so, I had to ask Inc the word count on his win condition before I made my vote.
Private Aimless

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:02 pm

That was MB's game.
Corporal everywhere116

Postby Aimless on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:04 pm

Was it?

Oh well. I remembered that game, whoever's it was. ;)
Private Aimless

Postby pancakemix on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:04 pm

I'm glad someone with experience got the mason recruiter role. If a noob got it, I'm not sure we would have this result.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:07 pm

I balenced the recruiter role with the thouht that there was a chance he would die on Night 1. Then the town woud be screwed. Especially in the version o this game I originally thought of, where everyone except mafia and him were townies.
Corporal everywhere116

Postby Aimless on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:12 pm

Well, since Inc isn't around, and I dislike quoting PMs, I'll try to summarize our scheming.

First, the obvious bit - we decided that his role was far more important than mine, so to make me a target and draw fire away from him I roleclaimed as the recruiter.

Then, on day two, since we were pretty certain hecter and kitten were scum (although, we were less certain about hecter; we were undecided on how many mafia there were in the game, and thought that the odds were good that if there was only one mafia, Greece was insane), we decided for me to try to make myself as big a target as possible. So, I posted that huge thing about kitten, and started hinting that I had night powers, and eventually claimed as the recruiter.

Then, we used that big plan above whether I got swapped with IGS and Inc recruited Fircoal to narrow down the scum. That didn't work, but after Fircoal's death we had numbers, so it didn't matter.

There was a lot more to it than that, too. That's really just the highlights.

We talked about trying to put on a play, where Inc would vote me, and see who would crawl out of the woodwork to bandwagon, but ultimately decided against it as too risky.
Private Aimless

Postby Incandenza on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:10 pm

Sorry to have missed the postgame... I was commuting.

everywhere116 wrote:I liked how pancake kept switching who Incandenza kept recruiting. A convinient way to mess with his head.

The hell of it was that I thought that, given your whole 'there will be twists' proclamation, there was some logic to the switching to people. I was convinced, and almost convinced aimless (who pretty much knew it was a bus driver all along) that there was some overarching code that had to be broken. Totally messed with me.

pancakemix wrote:I'm glad someone with experience got the mason recruiter role. If a noob got it, I'm not sure we would have this result.

It's funny how often these games can come down to who gets what role. And the recruiter wasn't the toughest role, but it was no picnic. But getting a chance to talk shit over with aimless and later pancake kept me sane.

Aimless wrote:We talked about trying to put on a play, where Inc would vote me, and see who would crawl out of the woodwork to bandwagon, but ultimately decided against it as too risky.

I believe the term I used was 'elaborate charade'. :wink:

If you still want to c/p the PMs, be my guest. One of the main things they'll show is that my boy aimless is a damn fine mafia player, and thank christ pancake mixed fircoal with him instead of... well, t'wouldn't be polite of me to say. :D

One thing that didn't make sense: why on earth did hecter whack colaalone?

Anyway. Great game, all. It was fun and it moved and the damn thread didn't get super long. Good times.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:20 pm

I dont have his pm anymore, but I think he said:

Kill Colaalone! I WANT HIM DEAD!
Corporal everywhere116

Postby pancakemix on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:22 pm

Wow. Was he having a bad day or something?
Epic Win

Postby Fircoal on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:23 am

everywhere116 wrote:I dont have his pm anymore, but I think he said:

lol, :lol: mafia rivialiry?

If you still want to c/p the PMs, be my guest. One of the main things they'll show is that my boy aimless is a damn fine mafia player, and thank christ pancake mixed fircoal with him instead of... well, t'wouldn't be polite of me to say.
Am I in that last catergie? Or am I an exception
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Aimless on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:31 am

Well, he targeted you, but got me. Fortunately for all involved, things worked out.
Private Aimless

Postby Fircoal on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:40 am

Aimless wrote:Well, he targeted you, but got me. Fortunately for all involved, things worked out.

It is fortuneate.
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Incandenza on Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:15 am

Fircoal wrote:
Aimless wrote:Well, he targeted you, but got me. Fortunately for all involved, things worked out.

It is fortuneate.

Dude, I targeted you in the first place for a reason. Relax, you know I respect you. :D
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Wisse on Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:53 am

we won :)
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby GreecePwns on Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:03 am

I was told i was a cop, but i'm a doctor?
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby I GOT SERVED on Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:07 am

Wow....that's quite the strategy.

That's all I have to say.

Highest score: 2512
Highest rank: 424
Captain I GOT SERVED

Postby Fircoal on Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:00 pm

GreecePwns wrote:I was told i was a cop, but i'm a doctor?

:roll:
Captain Fircoal

Postby GreecePwns on Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:02 pm

Not strategy. That's what the PM said. I deleted it, but maybe everywhere has it.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Fircoal on Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:04 pm

GreecePwns wrote:Not strategy. That's what the PM said. I deleted it, but maybe everywhere has it.

huh? how can you be both, when only your only told one role, and it says you are a cop.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Colaalone on Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:09 pm

everywhere116 wrote:I dont have his pm anymore, but I think he said:

Hahaha, good to know im loved :shock:
Cook Colaalone

Location: Checking into a Las Vegas hotel with the intent of committing capital fraud and a head full of acid

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives