Conquer Club

Rated M ENDGAME: Scene on Page 42

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Rated M [6/12] Night 3: Death of a Doctor

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:21 pm

A tree sat and looked at his watch. He looked around and felt miserable. However, he knew what he must do. He needed to avenge the death of the doctor. He tossed the watch to the elf, his only sure friend. He knew the elves from times past and that they would not harm him. He went off on his mission.

Before he got very far, he heard the watch beeping. He quickly turned around and stood face to face with the cyclops.

Iron Butterfly, Eruanlaiin Aeradhrinlal, Town Thornscap Apprentice (JOAT) lay dead.

This was to be it. The final battle. Cabro the Treefolk face to face with Gurth the Cyclops.

Gurth had the element of surprise. He quickly tripped the tree. He didn't realize how sturdy trees actually were. Cabro gave a hard shove in retaliation causing Gurth to step on and completely squish the elf's body. Neither took the time to observe the damage as they embraced each other in a hold. Eventually the cyclops was pinned to the wall. He somehow escaped and made a quick run for it but Cabro flung himself at the giant and sent him crashing through a door. Cabro's rage was infinite and he jumped on the cyclops and punched and punched and punched. Nobody was sleeping at this point. However, they were all still too afraid to leave their rooms.

Eventually Cabro stopped. Where once had been a hideous head with a single eye now there lay only a splatter of grease.

BGthe Brain, Gurth the Cyclops (Mafia Goon) has been killed.

The night was not done for Cabro. He knew who was left and he went right to the Paladin's room. As he booted the door off the hinges, he was slightly surprised to find the Paladin in full
armor, sword drawn.

"I am not planning to fight you" he calmly stated. "I am just going to show you the light".
Cabro was stunned and stood there for a moment.
"Do you remember when you first came here, how everyone ganged up on you? Do you remember how little they cared? Now they pretend they are your friends, but they don't really respect you, do they? I, however have tremendous respect for you and I have realized that you are the best of us all, you are the true leader of this group."
"How do I know you are not lying?"
With that question, Karo-Tai shoved a sword through his own stomach.
As blood gurgled out of the mouth he barely whispered: "you are the only hope now, kill them all".
MoB Deadly, Karo-Tai, the Western 'Paladin' (Mafia Godfather) has committed suicide.

The rooms were now eerily quiet. The only sound now was a slight murmuring - a chant. In one room, a large book was open, a incantation being repeated from it's pages. This continued until morning. In the morning, a stranger burst into the room. "I don't know how, but somehow those bullets didn't kill me he exclaimed.
Name has been revived.

The group looked around and realized that those who were responsible for the death of Giorgina were all dead. As they started to congratulate each other and get ready to alert their captors, someone started speaking:

"The hardest concept for a human to understand is the concept of infinity. The second hardest concept is the number 0. It represents absolutely nothing. What does 0 look like? You are all about to find out." With that....

reality ended.

Leehar, Wrath of UrGott, Doomsday Machine (Ticking Time Bomb) has won
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Re: Rated M [6/12] Night 3: Death of a Doctor

Postby BGtheBrain on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:23 pm

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Re: Rated M ENDGAME: Scene on Page 42

Postby BGtheBrain on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:25 pm

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:25 pm

These are the role PMs. Victor has some other assorted information saved on his computer, which hopefully he can post here. MoB had a secret ability to sacrifice any member of the mafia for a recruit and edoc became a reviver, able to revive one person for every 3 deaths.

Victor Sullivan wrote:
show: pancakemix

show: iron butterfly

show: MoB Deadly, safariguy5, deuceswild222

show: freezie

show: jgordon

show: edocsil

show: eagleblade

show: skillfusniper

show: name

show: commander9
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:26 pm

Aaahhhh crapp
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:27 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:This was the most fun Ive had being Mafia. I normally hate it, but getting JG all fired up was fun.

:lol: :lol: :lol: jgordon isnt gonna like that lol
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Anyways, I gotta go, so no post game comments until Sunday or Monday probably.

Well played by many! Thanks for playing!
Major DoomYoshi

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:36 pm

Doom and Victor - This game was really really awesome. Flavor was overwhelming for me personally, but I really enjoyed this game. Ill play any games you guys mod, as I love interesting games without the vanilla.

So... I committed suicide because I was told I had a power to sacrifice myself or another one of the mafia, to convert someone to be mafia.

So thats why I speed hammered too.

At the time it was..
5 town vs 2 mafia
4 town vs 2 mafia after lynch.
4 town vs 1 mafia after jgordon shot one of us
3 town vs 1 mafia after BG's nightkill
2 town vs 2 town after my conversion.

That was the plan, but it was FOILED by the bomb haha.

---
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:57 pm

Yeah, I had no idea what was going on with the flavor. I thought we had a shot after the doc was killed.
Captain safariguy5

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:07 pm

wow.. that was so cool. I didn't catch the flavor in my role PM, I liked how the son of the PALAIS inventor became an inventor himself.

BG, I should have known you fakeclaimed... silly me.

@Mod, can you give us subsequent PMs to skill and edoc? I'd like to see how their roles developed.

-SG7 ( :) )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby edocsil on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:19 pm

Well was a reviver apparently. I rezzed the doc, and the vig killed the liar so that was all god.

I would like some mod explanations as to how the fk that a 3 day game was going to be balanced.

I would also like to know what my role would have become if the game had lasted longer.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:29 pm

well if we'd had killed freezie then the game would've lasted longer
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby edocsil on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:34 pm

Imagine a SK that could kill 11 players in 3 nights. That's basically what happened here. We were at lylo at d2 for gods sake.
Edoc'sil

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:44 pm

edocsil wrote:I would like some mod explanations as to how the fk that a 3 day game was going to be balanced.

They never claimed it would be balanced. They claimed it would be epic :D O:)
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:18 pm

At the end, there was 1 mafia, 2 town and a 3rd party. It ended up being pretty balanced. Also, the AI system was actively scanning to try and find the bomb. It was never at LYLO. If jgordon or BG had killed Leehar another day would have started.

And, like MoB pointed out, we never promised balance.

Edoc, you were destined to remain town unless recruited by MoB.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:56 pm

weird game.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Leehar on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Woot, surviving was getting tough near the end, but awesome to pull through :D
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:15 pm

Leehar wrote:Woot, surviving was getting tough near the end, but awesome to pull through :D

Not much Town could have done. I knew that we may have a mafia between the two claimed docs...but that if we lyched mob or keehar we could go back.

seemed pretty stacked against Town.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby nàme on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:18 pm

so... i got revived, then blown up? THANKS EDOC
Sergeant 1st Class nàme

Postby Leehar on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:02 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
Leehar wrote:Woot, surviving was getting tough near the end, but awesome to pull through :D

Not much Town could have done. I knew that we may have a mafia between the two claimed docs...but that if we lyched mob or leehar we could go back.

Everyone had 4 days to get me dead. Remember, both Town and Mafia lost. I obv. died as well, but that was my wc, and you can't say it was OP'd in my favour since I am just 1 guy anyway
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Leehar on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:43 pm

And wow, nice touch with the Palais, I didn't even know he was hunting me :$
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby edocsil on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Leehar wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:

Not much Town could have done. I knew that we may have a mafia between the two claimed docs...but that if we lyched mob or leehar we could go back.

Everyone had 4 days to get me dead. Remember, both Town and Mafia lost. I obv. died as well, but that was my wc, and you can't say it was OP'd in my favour since I am just 1 guy anyway

All you had to do was live for 3 days. Piece of cake. I could think of a dozen fakes that would last me a day or two that neither the scum nor the town would kill over. Hell, submarining might even keep you alive for 3 days.
Edoc'sil

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:39 pm

The game was stacked towards the survivor winning. However, I think the mafia/town balance was pretty decent. In a flavor rich game, the flavor cop would have been immensely useful.

Skill's role never developed since he didn't find anyone.

In any case, I tried figuring out how many days would have been best. I decided that 4 was a good number, but I guess 5 would have been better. Although, with 5, and the scenario as it is now, town still would have lost.

I am sorry that it wasn't very balanced. It was more of a game about me trying to tell a story, rather than something which is balanced.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:44 pm

I agree Doom, I liked the town/scum story and balance. I liked the scum recruit twist. I think without Urgott's End this would have been a really epic and twisted game. I was really getting into it and then *Bam* Game Over. If Urgott was a SK I think this could have been good with a reviver like me.
Edoc'sil

Postby jgordon1111 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:38 pm

VS&Doom,thank you for an interesting game appreciated it
Private jgordon1111

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives