Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Postby betiko on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:35 pm

I think it's a bit unfair for certain players to see how much effort they've put into this and lost, and the shoggoth and elder things doing absolutely nothing and being quite useless all won quite in spite of them! :lol:

I would ve been quite pissed if I had lost and I guess rishaed too; killing all humans was hell of difficult and we were never told during the game that if it happened after our death (and there was actually just 1 human left!) it wouldn't count. I don't really understand why we regained sanity after dying. hopefully we've bet on the right (water)horse. the shoggoth's wc was a true piece of cake compared to that, just 3 to kill and didn't need to survive.

When I look at all the mechanics, I really got unlucky on night 1! :? game long PR, and a switch to an almost impossible WC! hopefully there still was the worship X!

/, you never really wanted to reveal this when asked: if hippo had lost and I had acheived the SK WC, given that I worshipped hippo after received the SK WC, would I have still won? in other words, would I have won with any of these 2 WC? I guess so right, because rishaed did it the other way around?

But yes, this was definitely the best game I've ever played in, really original. What was really interesting is that even claiming and knowing all the roles, you still didn't know who was more beneficial to kill cause we didn't have all the perks.
Major betiko

Postby / on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:48 pm

betiko wrote:/, you never really wanted to reveal this when asked: if hippo had lost and I had acheived the SK WC, given that I worshipped hippo after received the SK WC, would I have still won? in other words, would I have won with any of these 2 WC? I guess so right, because rishaed did it the other way around?

Yes, both win conditions were valid, but as an insanity; the SK condition disappears upon death.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Kanin Usagi on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:22 pm

Team Yith for MVPs! ^_^ Good job everyone. Finally seeing all the roles answers a hell of a lot of questions!
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby / on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:03 am

Actions Pt 1
show

Pt 2
show

Pt 3
show

Pt 4
show
Last edited by / on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby / on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:12 am

Thanks for playing, I had a lot of fun, I'm glad so many of you liked it too.
This was by far the most complex game I've had to run, with an end count of 309 PMs sent to me related to the game.
Congratulations to the winning parties who will receive special medals.
Now it is time to vote for an MVP to receive the premium membership upgrade from Conquer Clubs own discussion team.
Go ahead and talk it out, and our resident mods pancakemix and blakebowling can award the winner.
Good Luck!
:D
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby betiko on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:11 am

/ wrote:Thanks for playing, I had a lot of fun, I'm glad so many of you liked it too.
This was by far the most complex game I've had to run, with an end count of 309 PMs sent to me related to the game.
Congratulations to the winning parties who will receive special medals.
Now it is time to vote for an MVP to receive the premium membership upgrade from Conquer Clubs own discussion team.
Go ahead and talk it out, and our resident mods pancakemix and blakebowling can award the winner.
Good Luck!
:D

who was the most prolific sending you PMs? I think I must be high on that list! :D

concerning the MVP very hard call. Some players did really well untill they got cult recruited, which they had very little to do with, or killed and zombified, or turned insane for just sleeping. There was a big part of luck in this game as you had been throwing dice to see what will happen with a same given action.

Anyway quite immodestly I would put myself in the finalists for that title. It wasn't easy to go through all game with my PR, (tell in 100% of my messages something about undead, something ugly or something lonely, even if I might have forgotten it a couple of times or so posting a quick reply..). I believe I was the most prolific poster this game which made it even more difficult. Dice were a bitch with me on night 1, just went for a tranquile sleep and ended up with that game long PR and a new mission: kill all humans! how was I supposed to do that?? I kind of had to think very long term, so went for all inactives first (and I prefered action rather than sleeping over and over and prey for a sanity that would most likely never come back). I figured there were some other night kills, and those killers would target more active humans so I eventually would get some help. I knew that at some point I would have had to talk, so I wanted something that could be justified from begining to end. Also, at some point when witt/ctulhu was killed and hippo seemed sure where to get the book from; it seemed more than likely that he acheived a WC. I had to use my worship X to stop being only a survivor, and diversified my assets with hippo. Gamewise I could still play ball for town, they were all revived so none was an enemy +yith.
There was this serial killer, and could prove to town it wasn't me. It took me a bit of time to tell the truth, was a bit unsure between jonty and rishaed.
The night I got masoned with soundman, I told him I would go for rishaed, that I would agree the next day to kill hippo (he really wanted this, and as I thought there was a strong chance for hippo to have already won, I could help him killing hippo) then the next day wether I'm there or not get rid of PCM. This was covering both of my win conditions, but I didn't know that I had to survive to acheive the "kill all humans"...
So if technically the game ended with all humans dead I just fulfilled 1 ou of 2 WC. I unfortunately discovered Rishaed was the SK too late and we ended killing each other the same night.
Major betiko

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:08 am

Bad form to nominate yourself.

I also believe it is next to impossible to have an MVP. There were several phases to this game, more so then others and each player played a different part.

For me I know I played a big part as did rodion in trying to lynch Jak. First we had to prove he was full of crap and then we needed to get the lynch. After that happened it was as if the game was a different one. I believe that after Jak was lynched I choose to worship Newguy. I was hoping to survive and kill the baddies for the challenge of doing so and then realized the futility of such a quest.

i do not believe you can point to one person and say without them we would have been screwed.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby betiko on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:30 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:Bad form to nominate yourself.

I also believe it is next to impossible to have an MVP. There were several phases to this game, more so then others and each player played a different part.

For me I know I played a big part as did rodion in trying to lynch Jak. First we had to prove he was full of crap and then we needed to get the lynch. After that happened it was as if the game was a different one. I believe that after Jak was lynched I choose to worship Newguy. I was hoping to survive and kill the baddies for the challenge of doing so and then realized the futility of such a quest.

i do not believe you can point to one person and say without them we would have been screwed.

well I've just said among the finalists, and to be perfectly honnest, chosing an MVP for this game is really hard. Among the 4 players left only 1 has never died, NG1 and I think the yith could ve been more organized collecting all the precious data they gathered but nothing was ever kept and they forgot the results they had after a while, so they could've been much more helpfull in that sense, they also missed a few night actions.

Otherwise, killing jak wasn't a good thing as we could've ended the game much quicker and (I didn't do the math) but certainly with more people winning. The fact that you and rodion were so much against the cult faction made it really difficult to accept their deal that was fair; and if I'm not wrong hippo is the only one who benefitted from it. You had the worship ability as well and it was in your advantage as well to follow his plot.
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:15 am

spiesr or Rodion for capturing jak so quickly. They were voices of reason in the cacophony of bullshit I was trying to push.

I think it's a bit unfair for certain players to see how much effort they've put into this and lost, and the shoggoth and elder things doing absolutely nothing and being quite useless all won quite in spite of them!

This is the reason people hate cults on mafiascum, although here on CC, we love them.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:19 am

LMAO @ all 9 humans having the same role and me totally calling it day 1.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:40 am

I don't really like cults either. I guess that's one thing we agree on. Other than that, I admittedly didn't really know what I was doing this game. lol. I was pretty sure I wasn't anti-town by day 3 but I was killed shortly after that. I had initially thought that the humans were the elder things I was trying to unseal and then I thought Rodion wasn't a human and then I went with Ghostly as I thought he qualified (I guess he didn't).
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:08 am

DoomYoshi wrote:spiesr or Rodion for capturing jak so quickly. They were voices of reason in the cacophony of bullshit I was trying to push.

I think it's a bit unfair for certain players to see how much effort they've put into this and lost, and the shoggoth and elder things doing absolutely nothing and being quite useless all won quite in spite of them!

This is the reason people hate cults on mafiascum, although here on CC, we love them.

I would be so bold as to say I was the one who did so but thanks for the kudos anyway.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Honestly speaking I would say we had different MVP's throughout the game. At the beginning I think Doom did very well in that aspect. Then it changed to the Yith, and late in game somewhere between me/betiko (i know bad form and all that). Picking one for me isn't really viable, as an overall MVP. (Oh and did I forget about Nendreel, who made an insane good call on who to revive throughout the game?)
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby betiko on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:10 pm

rishaed wrote:Honestly speaking I would say we had different MVP's throughout the game. At the beginning I think Doom did very well in that aspect. Then it changed to the Yith, and late in game somewhere between me/betiko (i know bad form and all that). Picking one for me isn't really viable, as an overall MVP. (Oh and did I forget about Nendreel, who made an insane good call on who to revive throughout the game?)

yeah nendreel did a vry good game as well and I pretty much agree with the rest. I think you did a good job rishaed because you managed somehow to survive until almost endgame when you were "a lynch for later" all game.

other thought: this game with so many factions needed to be quite individualistic, so it makes it even more difficult to elect an MVP. I don't really see any mvp fully deserved, no one really outplayed the others. I personally think it's /'s call. maybe a nice gesture would be to chose between the freemium winners the one most willing to play more cc games for 3 month?
Major betiko

Postby new guy1 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:46 pm

I dont want to be elected, because if I got that honor then I wouldnt use the premium. The best thing I could do with it is make a game and let the players elect an MVP in that one too :D. I liked our race, but I agree we (me especially) could have kept track of that information alot better. I can not think of any individual player who was most valuable because obviously there were so many WC's, but with the hands each player was dealt, I would say Hippo did a good job because his riddles kept him alive long enough to get to his WC, and I thought that was the slimiest way of winning (besides those darn elder things, didnt play long and they still won), or I could also say pancake, because while he did not win, he did have us all fooled in the fact that at least I did not suspect him as cult or a malicious role until the end of the game.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby rishaed on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:55 pm

After looking through the actions. . . . Why were the yith trying to kill so many people off????!!!
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby new guy1 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:10 pm

The only person I killed was doom night 2. I did that because I thought he was scummy at the time. I did not know about the other attempted kills by my teamates, but it was most likely because they thought they were scummy and we could use both our switch and an action from the body we possessed, so we were getting the biggest bang for our buck.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby jak111 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:34 pm

Personally, even though I seen through Hippo though I was dead to be able to say anything... I'd say Hippo for MVP for lasting sooo long. He was a con artist and none of you could see through him until basically only town remained. Which in my eyes was pretty sad. He even got two worshippers. Which again was good on his part.

I still believe my offer should of held more water than it did especially with now looking at everyone's roles. Only 4 people as far as I can tell would have lost. LittleWitt, Ghostly, CMS, and Lord Voldemort. Due to win conditions everyone else could have won XD Making 22/26 winners :)
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby betiko on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:53 pm

jak111 wrote:Personally, even though I seen through Hippo though I was dead to be able to say anything... I'd say Hippo for MVP for lasting sooo long. He was a con artist and none of you could see through him until basically only town remained. Which in my eyes was pretty sad. He even got two worshippers. Which again was good on his part.

I still believe my offer should of held more water than it did especially with now looking at everyone's roles. Only 4 people as far as I can tell would have lost. LittleWitt, Ghostly, CMS, and Lord Voldemort. Due to win conditions everyone else could have won XD Making 22/26 winners :)

hippo would ve lost too! still makes more winners (even if I might not have stopped my killings so maybe not... :twisted: ). I think hippo played great till his WC. At some point he started saying a lot of inconsistencies, and I had lots of trouble defending him (even if I was not openly defending him, I was just trying to deflect acusations on others). I think that killing nendreel was not the best idea, but i don't know kind of feels like town would ve gone for him before PCM anyways..
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:39 pm

My first suggestion for MVP would be NG1, with his goal of being a Survivor he certainly earned it by being the ONLY person who wasn't killed in this game.

Betiko, even if he is tooting his own horn, still had a tough Post Restriction and Role to deal with and lasted so long while being a very active player.
Rishaed, while in a similar boat wasn't as active so he gets a lower rating the Betiko.

I think the last suggestion I'll make is Hippo for lasting so long even when being pretty scummy, both before and after achieving his WC.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby new guy1 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:45 pm

Nendreel wrote:My first suggestion for MVP would be NG1, with his goal of being a Survivor he certainly earned it by being the ONLY person who wasn't killed in this game.

Betiko, even if he is tooting his own horn, still had a tough Post Restriction and Role to deal with and lasted so long while being a very active player.
Rishaed, while in a similar boat wasn't as active so he gets a lower rating the Betiko.

I think the last suggestion I'll make is Hippo for lasting so long even when being pretty scummy, both before and after achieving his WC.

I appreciate it :)
Sergeant new guy1

Postby / on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:35 pm

rishaed wrote:After looking through the actions. . . . Why were the yith trying to kill so many people off????!!!

Comm started killing people after being recruited to cult.
In fact human's abundance of kills is what made it necessary to give cult weaknesses (can only recruit humans, high insanity chance, dies if targeting other gods.) I think that if there were more replacements readily available, the game may have ended quite a bit sooner.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:33 pm

I'd nominate PCM for being able to survive so long. Perhaps if RL had not gotten in the way, he would have been able to push for a couple of mislynches and pulled it out for cult.
Captain safariguy5

Postby blakebowling on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:51 am

After reading through your posts (I'll admit, I skimmed) A few of you have mentioned the difficulty with nominating an MVP (IMO, indicative of a well balanced game). So I'll allow you to choose to award the prize to / if you wish as well. If you could please vote for the MVP in the form of MVP <username>, I'll try to tally the results, if it's close, I'll split to the top two or three and we'll vote again.

Thank you all for playing, I think this was possibly the most exciting (and surely the most complicated) Official Game yet.
Private blakebowling

Postby betiko on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:56 am

does / gets to vote? I see he remains neutral, but he's the one who has been monitoring absolutely everything and understanding (or not!) everyone's motives in all situations. definitely the best to judge.

other idea, since it's so hard to chose an MVP for this game as we all had our ups and downs, and we all agree that this was the best/one of the best games ever on this site I vote MVP /.

by the way /, how long did it take you to adjust the whole concept and game mechanics? you added player roles at some point, what were they, extra unaligned normal humans?
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives