Conquer Club

Periodic Table Mafia: Nonmetals (TOWN) win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Periodic Table Mafia: Nonmetals (TOWN) win

Postby pancakemix on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:02 am

Well, four posts and I get a W. Not bad.

I'd say doom was as good as lynched anyway. I'd hope you guys would've gone after him had I died. I know I certainly would have.

Though I'll admit, IB's early death was fortunate for town.

Well done sam. Nice work.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:20 am

great modding sam! thanks for the game!

my lynch was stupid as hell seriously. vodean didn't understand anything of what i was saying and doom just jumped on that breach and managed to get all you guys bandwagoning on me. seriously, have you guys thought of what i was saying??? how could there be halogens other than fluorine in that game after we all nameclaimed and we didn't get a single halogen claim???

also after the hammering i clearly told you guys to go for doom. and regarding hippo; I was wrong. but you clearly make some strange moves that look really scummy man! actually I always think of you as really scummy hippo and almost always wrong! ;)
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:27 am

betiko wrote:great modding sam! thanks for the game!

my lynch was stupid as hell seriously. vodean didn't understand anything of what i was saying and doom just jumped on that breach and managed to get all you guys bandwagoning on me. seriously, have you guys thought of what i was saying??? how could there be halogens other than fluorine in that game after we all nameclaimed and we didn't get a single halogen claim???

also after the hammering i clearly told you guys to go for doom. and regarding hippo; I was wrong. but you clearly make some strange moves that look really scummy man! actually I always think of you as really scummy hippo and almost always wrong! ;)

Yea, I used your awkwardness with English against you. A sleazy tactic to be sure.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:48 am

DoomYoshi wrote:

Yea, I used your awkwardness with English against you. A sleazy tactic to be sure.

:lol: But we all fell for it!
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:27 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

:lol: But we all fell for it!

I don't see how bad english could ve made this not understandable... no town player would've name fakeclaimed; therefore if there had been any town halogen we would've known about it, it was clear as water. vodean's counter attack was just laughable and so stupid that I posted a clown face. You guys lynched me for that and didn't even think about the content of my post and blindly followed vodean and doom.
scum = metalloids. sk= halogen. after nameclaims no halogens, so obviously I tried to stop speculations on the useless halogen discution.

Anyway, hopefully you guys caught doom at the end, well done. But I think no one went back to see what he did, surprised PCM didn't see anything fishy there on his full read. We got incredibly lucky with that night 1, best scenario ever for town!
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Jonty's point was a hypothetical one. We were talking about a hypothetical situation. That you failed to grasp that was where we hung you up.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:35 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Jonty's point was a hypothetical one. We were talking about a hypothetical situation. That you failed to grasp that was where we hung you up.

that hypotesis just didn't make any sense at all. it's all around page 29-30 for those interested. And your posts made even less sense yet you had lots of town credit at that point. People didn't even bother to read the mechanic of my lynch once all I had been saying was confirmed to be a vt speach. you took a risk and it worked because no case was made on the huge purposed skimming.
Major betiko

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Hey Betico ... what I think Doom was saying (unless he has been dipping in the special sauce too long) is that a lot of what English speakers say is in the nuance or way we use words. We will say that's sick when we mean we really like it or we might say shut the front door! in replacement for you are kidding me, are you serious? oh wow I didn't know that. What's worse is that when you add in-jokes and double-entenre's to the mix we are not on the same planet. It is truly hard for English as second language speakers to pick up everything like that. What Doom was suggesting was that he took advantage of that in this game, a low blow some may say but all's fair in love and Mafia!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:15 pm

Great job modding sam, I really enjoyed this one.

So my hypothesis of noble gases being VT's held. I really think the flavor did in Doom at the end, if you had randomized the VT roles to not prioritize noble gases, then scum could have had a fighting chance flavor wise.

Otherwise, great scenes and a fun game.
Captain safariguy5

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:26 am

safariguy5 wrote:Great job modding sam, I really enjoyed this one.

So my hypothesis of noble gases being VT's held. I really think the flavor did in Doom at the end, if you had randomized the VT roles to not prioritize noble gases, then scum could have had a fighting chance flavor wise.

yes but there was wifom there... we couldn't assume noble gas = vt for sure; looking back it looks easy but there was always this doubt during the game... So I think it didn't damage the ballance.
Major betiko

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:51 am

betiko wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:Great job modding sam, I really enjoyed this one.

yes but there was wifom there... we couldn't assume noble gas = vt for sure; looking back it looks easy but there was always this doubt during the game... So I think it didn't damage the ballance.

Not until endgame where I'm sure doom was one of the suspects because of flavor considerations. Sometimes it's the flavor that gets you when all else appears equal.
Captain safariguy5

Postby rishaed on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:11 pm

Can someone Archive this Game?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby pancakemix on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:14 am

Yeah... good, uh.... good thinking... #-o
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives