Conquer Club

Periodic Table Mafia: Nonmetals (TOWN) win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Periodic Table Mafia [5/13] Day 5: Metalloids Find Anoth

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:14 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:
pancakemix wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:Which is just as well because with my demise town fails. Sorry Doom if you are confused - but maybe there is a reason why you would say that? Anyway, well done scum ... we must be at lylo so this will be it ... sigh!

Back up, jack.

Unvote

What are you talking about?

too late...... dumb arses.. lol.. its a lynch... gg doom

Well, actually it's not a lynch. The rules are pretty clear that votes which are not in red will not be counted. Doom did not add colour to his post before pancake came in with his unvote, and therefore we at no point had enough votes to lynch.

Although, hippo has over and over posted his votes in fuscia instead of red and sam has counted them, so I don't know if sam is colourblind or if he's just willing to tolerate deliberate flaunting of the rules.

But anyway, more to the point: Why are you so certain it's Doom? I'm all ears.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:22 pm

Doom was behind the nameclaiming. I was "slow" as you put it because I didn't like that idea at all. It only hurts town and VTs are the losers in any such things. I always use that reddy-fuschia colour as you say, but let me be clear ... vote Doom
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby pancakemix on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:26 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:
pancakemix wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:Which is just as well because with my demise town fails. Sorry Doom if you are confused - but maybe there is a reason why you would say that? Anyway, well done scum ... we must be at lylo so this will be it ... sigh!

Back up, jack.

Unvote

Well, actually it's not a lynch. The rules are pretty clear that votes which are not in red will not be counted. Doom did not add colour to his post before pancake came in with his unvote, and therefore we at no point had enough votes to lynch.

Although, hippo has over and over posted his votes in fuscia instead of red and sam has counted them, so I don't know if sam is colourblind or if he's just willing to tolerate deliberate flaunting of the rules.

Yes, and if sam isn't hard on it now like he was earlier I'm going to be somewhat agitated.

NoS if you actually know something, you should say it, or else youz gonna regret it.

Also, did I not just say that unless someone's lying like a dummy, it's not LYLO?
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:36 pm

pancakemix wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:
pancakemix wrote:

Back up, jack.

Unvote

Yes, and if sam isn't hard on it now like he was earlier I'm going to be somewhat agitated.

NoS if you actually know something, you should say it, or else youz gonna regret it.

Also, did I not just say that unless someone's lying like a dummy, it's not LYLO?

I'm a VT.. We are all VT's I believe, with one mafia goon left. I'm certain it's doom based on the way he has posted earlier in the game.. He's helped point a lot of fingers.. Idk what lylo means 100% but I've heard it before.. Mis lynch and it's over? I was thinking it was.. For some reason.. And if its not.. Then we can vote hippo tomorrow.. He is scummy I agree, however I believe doom is mafia especially based on how hippo replies as soon as he figured it was over for him. (As I did, thus my post). Pointing fingers without much an argument makes me look scummy, but I mean, doom has been doing it all game long.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby samgrossy on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:49 am

THERE IS STILL A PLAYER AT L-1, DOOMYOSHI. TO ADDRESS CONCERNS ABOUT VOTING COLORS, ALL VOTES MUST BE IN RED OR A SHADE OF RED. THEHIPPO8'S VOTES HAVE MET THE CRITERIA, THEREFORE HIS VOTES HAVE ALWAYS COUNTED. DOOMYOSHI'S VOTES ARE IN BLACK, THEREFORE NOT COUNTED
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:29 am

It would only be LYLO if there are 2 goons left. Why do you think there are 2 goons left?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:51 am

DoomYoshi wrote:It would only be LYLO if there are 2 goons left. Why do you think there are 2 goons left?

oh.. No I didnt think there were 2 goons left.. somehow i thought there would only be 2 left tomorrow lol =D> gg brain.. 93 on my maths test today... honestly right now I have no idea how I managed that :-|
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby pancakemix on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:59 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:It would only be LYLO if there are 2 goons left. Why do you think there are 2 goons left?

Slim chance someone lied for no reason. And that's actually not even possible with a GF and a SK.

Anyway, I'm voting for you.

Vote Doom

I feel like you're more likely than hippo to be scum.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby samgrossy on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:23 pm

That's a lynch. Twilight Scene Coming Soon. Conversation may continue until the night scene is posted. The lynched party, DoomYoshi, may not speak

Vote Count, Day 5.2

Postby samgrossy on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:29 pm

Vote Count, Day 5.2

DoomYoshi - (3) NoSurvivors, thehippo8, pancakemix LYNCH
thehippo8 - (1) dukasaur L-2

Not Voting - (1) DoomYoshi

That's a Lynch

To make gameplay easier for players, the player(s) closest to lynch at the time of vote count will be in red bold

With 5 alive, it took 3 to lynch.
Deadline for Day 5 is over
Last edited by samgrossy on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:31 pm

Good game all.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Re: Periodic Table Mafia [4/13] Twilight 5: Another Element

Postby samgrossy on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Twilight 5: Another Element Gets Picked

Amidst dwindling numbers, the five remaining elements made their call to I.U.P.A.C. to notify them of the empty spaces left during day four and the night that followed.

With the same characteristic speed of the previous two days, the elements reach a decision. There is very little discussion as to who should next be sacrificed. But in the end, there are only five elements left. What is there to really discuss? By this time, they have a good idea who is a metalloid, or do they?

Itā€™s a fairly quick decision in choosing DoomYoshi. Some elements are sure, others hem and haw about their decision. But the decision is made. The nonmetals remaining know they canā€™t really afford a mistake.

DoomYoshi is almost pushed over to the mass spec. He puts up some struggle, but his fate lies with the other elements that came before him. He gets pushed into the injector, with a loud scream that rattles the lab, the elements know that it will be a few hours before they know what his identity is. They just hope he is not a nonmetal.

Periodic Table Mafia: Nonmetals (Town) Win.

Postby samgrossy on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:12 pm

**Hours Pass**

With little fanfare, the results are shown around the lab as the printer spits out the results of the dayā€™s elemental destruction. The elements hope they made the right decision.

Here is what the elements see:

Analysis:
1 isotope
Mass of 75 ā€“ 100% abundant

Its official ā€“ DoomYoshi, Arsenic, Mafia Goon, has been destroyed.

Whatā€™s more, the nonmetals have preserved their side of the periodic table. They have braved a serial killing element, a mafia godfather, and a mafia goon to secure their side of the table. They did this all with only one power role, a cop, to help them. Thank goodness.

Please realize that by Thursday, Periodic Table Mafia 2 will be up and taking sign ups. Feel free to sign up, especially if you like how this one was run.

NONMETALS (TOWN) WIN.

Periodic Table Mafia: Night Actions

Postby samgrossy on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Night Actions

Night 1
Sempai investigates Vodean ā€“ result: TOWN
/ Kills Iron butterfly ā€“ Iron Butterfly Dies
Doom kills / - / does not die, his 1-time bullet proof is used.

Night 2
/ kills sempai ā€“ sempaiā€™s night action remains unresolved
sempai investigates hippo ā€“ no result sent
Doom kills jonty ā€“ jonty dies

Night 3
Doom kills saf

Night 4
Doom kills Chuck

Periodic Table Mafia: Role Determination

Postby samgrossy on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:22 pm

Random numbers 58, 1, 15, 7, 57, 36, 17

TTTTT ā€“ Goon, Godfather, SK

CC ā€“ Cop

9 VTs

I got lucky that my first game only had three power roles. It made it easy to come up with role PMs and interweave the hints into those PMs and story line.

Random Role Determination

Role # Signup #
9 6
8 13
12 2
4 9
10 5
11 4
2 11
7 3
1 10
13 12
6 7
5 8
3 1

Periodic Table Mafia: Role PMs with Mod Notes in ()

Postby samgrossy on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:31 pm

1. Vanilla Townie, He

Thanks for signing up, gillipig. You are a nonmetal, Helium, whose symbol is He. Helium is a nonreactive element that can hardly do anything. Helium is a noble gas, which means it doesnā€™t react with other elements, it merely mixes with them, and unspectacularly at that.

For purposes of this game you are a vanilla townie.

Your weapon is your vote. You have no night actions.

You win when all threats to the town, the nonmetals, have been eliminated and there is at least one town member alive.

2. Vanilla Townie, Ne

Thanks for signing up, thechuck51. You are a nonmetal, Neon, whose symbol is Ne. Neon is a nonreactive element that can hardly do anything. Neon is a noble gas, which means it doesnā€™t react with other elements, it merely mixes with them, and unspectacularly at that.

You win when all threats to the town, the nonmetals, have been eliminated and there is at least one town member alive.

3. Vanilla Townie, Ar

Thanks for signing up, Vodean. You are a nonmetal, Argon, whose symbol is Ar. Argon is a nonreactive element that can hardly do anything. Argon is a noble gas, which means it doesnā€™t react with other elements, it merely mixes with them, and unspectacularly at that.

4. Vanilla Townie, Kr

Thanks for signing up, dukasaur. You are a nonmetal, Krypton, whose symbol is Kr. Krypton is a nonreactive element that can hardly do anything. Krypton is a noble gas, which means it doesnā€™t react with other elements, it merely mixes with them. Krypton has been known to make compounds with fluorine occasionally, but only because the compound is so reactive. For purposes of this game, this means you are a vanilla townie.

(note hint of existence of SK)

5. Vanilla Townie, Xe

Thanks for signing up, safariguy5. You are a nonmetal, Xenon, whose symbol is Xe. Xenon is almost completely nonreactive that can hardly do anything. Xenon is a noble gas, which means it doesnā€™t react with most other elements, it merely mixes with them. Xenon has been known to react only with fluorine, the most reactive element. Thatā€™s where it stops for xenon. It does not even combine with the second most reactive element, oxygen. In fact xenon would just ignore oxygen if the two were to mix.

(Note Clue to Mafia fake claim of O and existence of SK)

6. Vanilla Townie, Rn

Thanks for signing up, thehippo8. You are a nonmetal, Radon, whose symbol is Rn. While Radon is radioactive and degrades all by itself, it doesnā€™t react with other elements. It is considered part of the noble gas family. In general, noble gases donā€™t react with other elements, they merely mix with them.

So, for purposes of this game you are a vanilla townie.

7. Vanilla Townie, N

Thanks for signing up, Jonty125. You are a nonmetal, Nitrogen, whose symbol is N. 78% of the Earthā€™s atmosphere is made of nitrogen. While nitrogen can react with other elements, it is nitrogenā€™s nonreactive nature in the atmosphere that stabilizes the atmosphere against the combustive and reactive nature of oxygen. Nitrogen is also the much less reactive brother of the more dangerous element phosphorus. Both are found in the same family, but nitrogen is really the ā€œniceā€ member of the family.

So, for purposes of this game you are a vanilla townie.

(Note clue in PM as to the fake claims of Mafia and SK)

8. Vanilla Townie, S

Thanks for signing up, betiko. You are a nonmetal, Sulfur, whose symbol is S. Sulfur is known as a yellow solid that can react with other elements, but usually not very spectacularly. Sulfur is most popularly known for causing odor of rotten eggs, and should not be confused with the burnt match smell that the retched element phosphorus can produce. Sulfur is found in the same family as oxygen and selenium. Sulfur is known to form many compounds with oxygen, but not as many as its brother underneath it, selenium.

For purposes of this game, this means you are a vanilla townie.

(note clue to fake claim of SK, and misleading clue to fake claim of mafia)

9. Vanilla Townie, Se

Thanks for signing up, NoSurvivors. You are a nonmetal, Selenium, whose symbol is Se. Selenium is a nonreactive element that can hardly do anything. Selenium is a member of the chalcogen family, but has very few common uses. Selenium is most notably part of an antifungal compound found in Head and Shoulders Shampoo. It is very similar in reactivity to sulfur. Selenium is found in the same family as oxygen and sulfur as well.

(note misleading clue to fake claim of mafia)

10. Town Cop, C

Thanks for signing up, sempaispellcheck. You are a nonmetal, Carbon, whose symbol is C. Carbon is the basis for life as we know it on Earth. It is, arguably, the most important element on the periodic table.

For the purposes of this game you are a town cop.

You may vote as normal during the day.

You have one night action. You may use it only once each night. You may investigate one player each night by PMing the mod who you wish to target. The result you receive by PM from the mod will be limited to TOWN, ANTITOWN, or NO RESULT.

11. Mafia Goon, As

Thank you for signing up, DoomYoshi. You are a metalloid, Arsenic, whose symbol is As. Iron Butterfly is your partner in crime. His element is Silicon, with a symbol Si. Arsenic has been known for a long time as a poisoners element. It is highly lethal to most forms of carbon-based life.

For the purposes of this game you are a mafia goon.

You have two night actions. First, you may communicate with Silicon, Iron Butterfly, via PM during the night phase ONLY of the game. Second, you and Silicon may attempt to kill one person each night. The two of you will choose which of you will perform the night kill and PM the mod with this action.

You win when the mafia, the metalloids, obtains a majority or nothing can prevent this from happening.

If you wish to make a fake claim, one nonmetal that is not being used in this game is oxygen, symbol O.

(Note hint about C being a power role)

12. Mafia Godfather, Si

Thank you for signing up, Iron Butterfly. You are a metalloid, Silicon, whose symbol is Si. DoomYoshi is your partner in crime. Silicon, ever since the 1960s and the advent of the computer, has been permeating society more and more in the form of computer chips. Throughout history though, carbon, a nonmetal, has always been considered the most important element on the periodic table. Silicon has been trying to force carbon out for years. While silicon has yet to take over the periodic table, it has taken over part of California: Silicon Valley. Silicon hopes to eliminate all the nonmetals and start its own ā€œSilicon Valleyā€ on the righthand side of the periodic table.

For the purposes of this game you are a mafia godfather.

You have two night actions. First, you may communicate with Arsenic, DoomYoshi via PM during the night phase ONLY of the game. Second, you and Arsenic may attempt to kill one person each night. The two of you will choose which of you will perform the night kill and PM the mod with this action.
Lastly, you have investigation immunity. This means that if a town cop investigates you, the result of the investigation will appear as TOWN to this cop.

You win when the mafia, the metalloids, obtains a majority or nothing can prevent this from happening.

If you wish to make a fake claim, one nonmetal that is not being used in this game is oxygen, symbol O.

(note strong hint about C being power role)

13. Serial Killer, F

Thank you for signing up, /. You are Fluorine, whose symbol is F. Fluorine, as indicated in the opening, is highly reactive. Fluorine reacts with almost every element on the periodic table. It can even react with some of the noble gases like krypton and xenon, the only element to do so. While fluorine is a nonmetal, you are not aligned with them. You have your own elemental agenda throughout this game

For the purposes of this game you are a serial killer.

Pregame, you may choose to be EITHER investigation immune OR one-shot bulletproof. Investigation immunity means that if a town cop investigates you, the result of the investigation will appear as TOWN to this cop. One-shot bulletproof means that if you are targeted by the mafia for a night kill, you are immune to this action once and only once. This ability doesnā€™t not extend to a lynch that occurs during the day. You will PM the mod with your choice of ability during the pregame portion of the game.

At night, you may target one person for a night kill. To perform the kill, you will PM the mod with the name of the person you wish to target.

You win when you are the only element alive or nothing can prevent this from happening.

If you wish to make a fake claim, one nonmetal not being used in the game is phosphorus, symbol P.
Last edited by samgrossy on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Periodic Table Mafia: Nonmetals (TOWN) win

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Yay ... y'all listened to the hippo and survived!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby samgrossy on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Please feel free to discuss the game. I will let you know anything that you want about setup or game play that you want. I think given the circumstances, Doom did a great job hiding until the last day. Kudos to him. He was way behind to begin with since / night killed the godfather.

As I said earlier, I was happy that my first game didn't have a lot of power roles because it allowed me to better understand how night actions get resolved. I can see how it may get boring for VTs. That's one of the reason's I tried to interweave the flavor into the game. I think it helps keep non power roles interested.

I do have one question for doom. You made one post that said that this set up is near broken. Was that true or were you making that up trying to get people to claim? If you don't feel comfortable saying in the thread, if you could PM me, that would be great.

Thanks for a great game. I had a lot of fun.

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:17 pm

It's broken in that playing without a massclaim is a terrible strategy for town. Some players (pcm for example) hate massclaims. The timing of the massclaim is still to be discussed, and we did it way too early. However, we still caught /, so it didn't suck too much.

Only thing is that I would guarantee that there are enough safe fakeclaims to go around next time.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanks for the game sam! I had my suspicions about doom for a few days but kept to myself, mainly because there was a strong case against / the first day i suspected him. But man, koodos to you DoomYoshi. That IMO was a lucky town win. Well played by all. Glad the town listened. :mrmoody: cheers!
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:18 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:It's broken in that playing without a massclaim is a terrible strategy for town. Some players (pcm for example) hate massclaims. The timing of the massclaim is still to be discussed, and we did it way too early. However, we still caught /, so it didn't suck too much.

Only thing is that I would guarantee that there are enough safe fakeclaims to go around next time.

Hahah the massclaim didnt really help imo.. we just got lucky as heck!
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:22 pm

Wow, I was wrong. I was sure hippo was the scummier of the two!

Well, good job, everyone!
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby / on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:38 pm

Darn, really botched that one, I'm sorry to all of the people with tooth decay that will have to go one without me... :(

Anyhow, I would like to say that samgrossy is looking to be a fantastic mod, the scenes were well thought out, the game was well attended to, and he went above and beyond the calls of duty making sure players were active.
Great Job and hope to see plenty more from you! (someday that is, I actually can't commit much time to games right now, sorry. :P)
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:21 pm

Very lucky for / to target me night one AND for us to target him to remove his one shot.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:33 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Very lucky for / to target me night one AND for us to target him to remove his one shot.

Thus why I still think it was lucky win for town.
Colonel NoSurvivors

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives