Conquer Club

Time Warp Mafia Endgame: Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Day Deadlines?

1 Week Day
55%
2 Week Day
10%
10 Day Day
25%
1 Week Deadline after conversation dies down
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: Time Warp Mafia [9/13] Day the Third: Reckoning

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:52 pm

jonty125 wrote:TBH, I think edoc/newguy is one of the remaining scum, lynching me would also effectively lynch edoc but I'm still concerned newguy has pulled the wool over our eyes.

Edoc has been lynched, therefore if he is mafia then he has been "eliminated" so to speak and we have to lynch me. So either this is a clever way of saying "I think it's new guy" or its a way of saying "I forgot edoc's death was what caused our night phase".
Sergeant new guy1

Postby edocsil on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:43 pm

new guy1 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:TBH, I think edoc/newguy is one of the remaining scum, lynching me would also effectively lynch edoc but I'm still concerned newguy has pulled the wool over our eyes.

Edoc has been lynched, therefore if he is mafia then he has been "eliminated" so to speak and we have to lynch me. So either this is a clever way of saying "I think it's new guy" or its a way of saying "I forgot edoc's death was what caused our night phase".

He is the dbl voter who killed me. I don't see how he could have forgotten.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:49 pm

edocsil wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

He is the dbl voter who killed me. I don't see how he could have forgotten.

Screw it. Vote Jonty. If that leads to game, then its game, and good game everyone.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Now that kanin agrees, I will Vote Jonty.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:02 pm

I'll just say that if it's NG well very well played. we got to take a risk either way, and I kind of think it's less cruel if it's due to a bad decision rather than not being fast enough... this would turn into a CC freestlye with everyone refreshing the page once the hammer is done. Hum oh wait...
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:11 pm

Looks like a direction has been chosen. Hopefully it's the right one. Either way, this has been an interesting game.

vote jonty
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:59 pm

Nendreel wrote:Looks like a direction has been chosen. Hopefully it's the right one. Either way, this has been an interesting game.

vote jonty

I will tell you it is the right direction so long as betiko and kanin havent pulled our leg and they arent the mafia :D
Sergeant new guy1

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:16 pm

Vote Count

jonty (5) - , betiko, edocsil, nendreel, new guy, Kanin

That's a lynch.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Now the time had come for the time to go. As he faced his inevitable demise, he screamed: "Why do you care that I kill? You will all die eventually. I am a necessity! Without our efforts, your lives would have been meaningless. You existed only so that we could have someone to kill. And to think, that you killed just as many as we did."

jonty125, has been lynched.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

On day 7, the masons and new guy looked at each other, happy that that they had indeed won the game. But wait... if all the mafia were dead, why was there a death on night 6? This was going to be a long eternity as the 3 of them eyed each other...

Endgame. Town Wins.
Last edited by DoomYoshi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:24 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Now the time had come for the time to go. As he faced his inevitable demise, he screamed: "Why do you care that I kill? You will all die eventually. I am a necessity! Without our efforts, your lives would have been meaningless. You existed only so that we could have someone to kill. And to think, that you killed just as many as we did."

new guy1, has been lynched.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

On day 7, the masons and new guy looked at each other, happy that that they had indeed won the game. But wait... if all the mafia were dead, why was there a death on night 6? This was going to be a long eternity as the 3 of them eyed each other...

Endgame. Town Wins.

sorry Error here. . . if it was Newguy then he just got insanely lucky. Otherwise gg. I was wondering if town would catch the fact that the Mafia double voter would =the town votes. In normal games thats game over :roll: Nice game to watch. Very well made Doom.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Re: Time Warp Mafia Endgame: Town Wins

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:30 pm

fixed
Major DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Good game everyone :)
Sergeant new guy1

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:38 pm

show: Roles

Notes: It turned out surprisingly well.

At first I was worried that there would be a ton of ill-will based on the neverending day, but in the end, even with a massclaim and 3 mafia vote manipulating roles, it turned out ok.

I think if I ever try this again, I might not tell people what day/night they are.

Funny enough, the super-power role was the masons. Even the vanillas were right in there though, and I think the setup is done justice when there is a lot of vanilla.

The mafia could have won if they figured out a way to kill the people who lynched pcm, and then "unlynched" him.

The time paradox would have been an effective endgame.

Let's say on Day 5, you lynch Night 4 (again). Then it goes to the start of Day 5. After a day, Night 4 gets lynched (regardless of player input) and day 5 starts again. I keep this up until the players get pissed, or I get bored of it.

Since no nights came, I told jonty he had a "semi-invisible double vote" which was to simulate the fact that he didn't have any chance to steal the vote. I was expecting more hijinks ensuing with jonty stealing votes from people and then them being dead by the time he stole and the votes vanishing.

Unfortunately, the setup is fairly town-sided. The game would end if on any day/night, mafia outnumbered town or if all mafia are killed. I think a 14 player setup, with non-cleared masons might make it more balanced.
Last edited by DoomYoshi on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:43 pm

It was very fun, a real curve ball, and god Im glad we didnt try for a time paradox, otherwise that would have disappointed me :D. Very well run Doom!
Sergeant new guy1

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:43 pm

yay! so what do you guys think, wich risk was best? I think we did well taking that decision... jonty was scummy as hell and he made a big slip about double votes.

anyway I'd like to see all roles doom! ;)

I have to say this game was a bit too complicated to play with back to back night or days, it was pretty much related so in that sense it was quite unballanced.. Other than this the idea was very good.

fastposted!!
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:46 pm

I don't have the other pms. If any player kept their pm, I will add them.

One other thing: I think the real fun of this game was when everybody worked together to figure out the mechanics. Of course, any second edition would have to have new curveballs, so that the joy isn't lost.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:48 pm

Actually, still another thing: I didn't have to use my replacement! That is awesome, and I would like to thank the players for being awesome and keeping prodding to a minimum.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:48 pm

new guy1 wrote:It was very fun, a real curve ball, and god Im glad we didnt try for a time paradox, otherwise that would have disappointed me :D. Very well run Doom!

I was quite surprised by your gameplay and jonty's this last day... I didn't understand why you didn't jump on the jonty wagon, for you it was 100% sure he was the last mafia right?
Major betiko

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:51 pm

betiko wrote:
new guy1 wrote:It was very fun, a real curve ball, and god Im glad we didnt try for a time paradox, otherwise that would have disappointed me :D. Very well run Doom!

I was quite surprised by your gameplay and jonty's this last day... I didn't understand why you didn't jump on the jonty wagon, for you it was 100% sure he was the last mafia right?

Well because Im sure someone would have said something about it being scummy that I didnt want to hear him out and for me, I didnt know if you guys were pulling my leg or not and you guys were actually the mafia trying to force another night. By the end of it though, I felt confident about your notes and such to at least take a leap of faith.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:53 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I don't have the other pms. If any player kept their pm, I will add them.

One other thing: I think the real fun of this game was when everybody worked together to figure out the mechanics. Of course, any second edition would have to have new curveballs, so that the joy isn't lost.

I'd like to know the logic of mafia during the night phase. I think we did well not to tell who between me and kanin were day 7 and 3, I think they tried to avoid to kill either of us because of game 7... I think knowing for sure from our PM that we were both town helped a lot, we had each other 100% cleared and after some point logic showed that we could only be town both of us... so people had to trust us. so yeah, this turned out to be the best power.
Edoc's power seemed a bit odd.. everything seemed vote related, I guess that's why we didn't trust him.
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:55 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Actually, still another thing: I didn't have to use my replacement! That is awesome, and I would like to thank the players for being awesome and keeping prodding to a minimum.

I second this!!
Actually I've got sorta mixed feelings about not being able to jump in. A im modding a game right now (NHmafia), and I'm in four others, Community, Best,the two Official games. Adding a fifth might have been challenging. B. the vote mechanics were really well thought out, and its the first time seeing a gameplay like this. Well Done All! =D> =D>
fp'd
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby edocsil on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:55 pm

betiko wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I don't have the other pms. If any player kept their pm, I will add them.

I'd like to know the logic of mafia during the night phase. I think we did well not to tell who between me and kanin were day 7 and 3, I think they tried to avoid to kill either of us because of game 7... I think knowing for sure from our PM that we were both town helped a lot, we had each other 100% cleared and after some point logic showed that we could only be town both of us... so people had to trust us. so yeah, this turned out to be the best power.
Edoc's power seemed a bit odd.. everything seemed vote related, I guess that's why we didn't trust him.

Still fucking annoyed you guys hung me, but tbh it didn't really stop me from playing at all.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:57 pm

new guy1 wrote:
betiko wrote:

Well because Im sure someone would have said something about it being scummy that I didnt want to hear him out and for me, I didnt know if you guys were pulling my leg or not and you guys were actually the mafia trying to force another night. By the end of it though, I felt confident about your notes and such to at least take a leap of faith.

oh so you didn't fully trust us? I guess that's why.
Well for me it was a bit scummy that you wouldn't go for the guy 100% sure to be mafia if you trusted us. That was the thing that annoyed me a little. I thought that for you the game was simple and that you only had to convince us. Jonty on this last day did nothing but doing major slips and being scummy..
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:00 pm

edocsil wrote:
betiko wrote:

Still fucking annoyed you guys hung me, but tbh it didn't really stop me from playing at all.

dude we were completely clueless of what to do at that point. we didn't trust your role, I think if you had said it earlier we would ve believed you, but of course on day 1 nobody knew shit about the game mechanics.

other than this, having so many vanillas really madeit difficult.......
Major betiko

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Good game town! ^_^

I honestly thought that new guy and jonty were both scum, and if betiko and I didn't lynch new guy, it was over. Luckily, I was wrong. And knowing bet's alignment probably made us slightly overpowered in the end. To be honest though, other than during that last day, we didn't communicate THAT often. Its my fault though; between having a mason'd role in HP and having one here, it was really hard keeping track of it and replying. >.<

The major drawback (read: insanity) of this game was the constant day-day-day cycle we had going. You never realized how important the night phase is until you don't actually have it.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives