Conquer Club

Community [3/13] Game over - Town wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Community [7/13] Day Five

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:42 pm

@ Rishaed: yes, blakebowling could have thrown Tailgunner under the bus. But like I said, I thought he could have just kept quiet, if he was Mafia, and hoped there would be some more discussion that might lead to another result. Witness the absurd Day 4 in Holiday Mafia.... That was what I was thinking of when I wrote that post. But I agree though, like spiesr said, most likely Tailgunner was going down after a cop claim, so throwing him under the bus seems more probable for a Mafia.

spiesr wrote:I posted the character as listed in my role pm. I have now asked the mod and his response is that there was an error in my pm and my actual character is Garrett Lambert. That is about all there is to this matter. If you don't believe my claim, that is one thing, but you should have a reason beyond this. Think about it, which is more likely; there was an error in my pm, or I created a fake claim but did such a crappy job with research that I mashed two character names together.

("but did such a crappy job with research" - Well, you must have botched the research either way, because a simple look at the Community page at IMDB would have shown the names. The game has been going on for two and a half month, you must have looked at your character there at some point.)

Suppose aage actually handed out fake roles, as someone suggested: you got one of those roles as your real Mafia role, and one to use as a fake claim in a situation like this one. Then accidentally mixed the names. Hmm?
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:02 pm

Hmmm I've actually already unvoted Witt.

Gustaf Wasa wrote:
spiesr wrote:I posted the character as listed in my role pm. I have now asked the mod and his response is that there was an error in my pm and my actual character is Garrett Lambert. That is about all there is to this matter. If you don't believe my claim, that is one thing, but you should have a reason beyond this. Think about it, which is more likely; there was an error in my pm, or I created a fake claim but did such a crappy job with research that I mashed two character names together.

("but did such a crappy job with research" - Well, you must have botched the research either way, because a simple look at the Community page at IMDB would have shown the names. The game has been going on for two and a half month, you must have looked at your character there at some point.)

Suppose aage actually handed out fake roles, as someone suggested: you got one of those roles as your real Mafia role, and one to use as a fake claim in a situation like this one. Then accidentally mixed the names. Hmm?

What Gustaf is saying is true. In a game flavour with character names and all, it would only have been natural to check out who your character is at some point. If there had been any problem with it, it should have been raised in private to the mod long ago. If aage did make a mistake in his first PM though, he's doing you and the town a huge disfavour if he doesn't own up to it. I don't think that is the case though, and I find such negligence on your part more improbable than a personal mixup. Vote spiesr.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby aage on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:34 pm

anamainiacks wrote:Hmmm I've actually already unvoted Witt.

missed it changed it, thanks for noting. This should then be correct:

Spiesr (3) - rishaed, Jonty, ana

7 alive, 4 to lynch. Deadline in 8 days. Spiesr at L-1.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:47 pm

rishaed unvoted. But I will throw in my vote, let's see if this is correct: vote Spiesr
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby spiesr on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Gustaf Wasa wrote:rishaed unvoted. But I will throw in my vote, let's see if this is correct: vote Spiesr
Well, I was going to post more in my defense, but then you went and hammered. I certainly hope you guys do better tomorrow as you will likely be at least at MYLO...
anamainiacks wrote:If aage did make a mistake in his first PM though, he's doing you and the town a huge disfavour if he doesn't own up to it.
If aage where to issue any public statement on the matter he would effectively be confirming my claim, which would be rather unfair don't you think?
Captain spiesr

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:14 pm

spiesr wrote:Well, I was going to post more in my defense, but then you went and hammered. I certainly hope you guys do better tomorrow as you will likely be at least at MYLO...

In my post that you quote there, I say that rishaed unvoted. So you know I didn't hammer. But if you are simply pretending to believe that I did, you got to post the see?-I-was-innocent-speech that people do after being voted out. Which would convince people not to vote for you.

I don't think you could have missed the fact that I didn't hammer, so that speech seems like a trick in my eyes. My vote stands.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:20 am

Gustaf Wasa wrote:
spiesr wrote:Well, I was going to post more in my defense, but then you went and hammered. I certainly hope you guys do better tomorrow as you will likely be at least at MYLO...

In my post that you quote there, I say that rishaed unvoted. So you know I didn't hammer. But if you are simply pretending to believe that I did, you got to post the see?-I-was-innocent-speech that people do after being voted out. Which would convince people not to vote for you.

I don't think you could have missed the fact that I didn't hammer, so that speech seems like a trick in my eyes. My vote stands.

Interesting take from Gustaf. And yes, spiesr is still at L-1. Since you're still at L-1 and not hammered, you can post more in your defense now (:

spiesr wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:If aage did make a mistake in his first PM though, he's doing you and the town a huge disfavour if he doesn't own up to it.
If aage where to issue any public statement on the matter he would effectively be confirming my claim, which would be rather unfair don't you think?

He could be confirming a mistake in his given fakeclaim, still leaving the possibility of you being scum out there. But I can't tell the mod what he should or shouldn't be doing, so let's just leave it as that.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby rishaed on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:11 am

Or he could say something appropriately vague like, there was a typing mistake in the PM it was sent.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby aage on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:39 am

Green text. Didn't notice. Good catch.. I need sleep. Sorry for the sloppiness.

Spiesr (3) - Jonty, ana, Gustaf

7 alive, 4 to lynch. Deadline in 7 days. Spiesr at L-1.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby blakebowling on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:44 pm

I'm on board with lynching spiesr, I don't think aage would have made a mistake in the role pm's (I know I put a lot of effort into my PM's). From what I've seen, no one has a better lead, so: vote spiesr
Private blakebowling

Postby jonty125 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:04 am

*Bump* I assume its a lynch.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:09 pm

Yes it's a lynch, you guys always manage to hammer whenever I can't post a scene. I will write one now.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:36 pm

Spiesr (4) - Jonty, ana, Gustaf, Blake

There was a fell voice in the air. The students, who had gathered in the library, all looked to its source, the PA system, in dismay.
"Greendale students," Dean Spreck of City College spoke loathsomely, "I understand you've unified and intend to draw this game out. If it is a war you want, it is a war you shall lose. Resistance is as pointless as your degrees."
Dean Pelton looked at the PA in shock. "Well that's just mean."
"But it's true. It is a war we want, and it is a war we will win, because we are a community" Jeff Winger said. "But that doesn't change the fact that someone in here is a betrayer to his own kind.This game cannot end until we have found the people who are in it to destroy this school, this community." The crowd turned to Garett. "People like him."

The mob was quick to pass judgement, even quicker to pass sentence, and the execution was done in the blink of an eye. Nobody liked Garett anyway.

Spiesr - Garett Lambert (Vanilla Townie) has been lynched.

Night 5 now begins, it will end on the 27th. Let's put some momentum back into the game.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Re: Community [6/13] Night Five

Postby aage on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:28 pm

Night prolonged by 24 hours, I wish people would just get in their night actions in time for once.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:12 pm

Can't post a scene at the moment (4.12 am, please let me sleep), the next day will be first thing tomorrow. (oh, the irony!)
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:08 am

The troopers were chasing him. Not far now. Troy's guns were completely empty, but it didn't matter. All that mattered was the plan. All that mattered was that he kept running. He took another right turn, and then came to a sudden stop. This was the end.
The gun barrels were lined up and all of them were aimed at his chest. Dean Spreck of City College stood behind them.
"Kill the little bastard," he said, and his men obeyed. Forty seven rounds of paintball ammunition found their way to the chest of the gladiator standing before them, basking in his own demise. This was a true hero's death.

Animainiacks - Troy Barnes (Town Doc) was killed.

The spray of paint did eventually end. "Did you honestly think you could best me, boy?" Spreck went on. "Your supposed rebel army is walking into similar traps at this very moment. I'm afraid this is the end for Greendale. We will leave no student standing."
"Poor choice of words," came from behind. Spreck was barely able to turn before the paint reached his clothes.
"You?" the dead man exclaimed. Even though his face wasn't visible, he knew who had betrayed him.
"Yes, me," the figure cloaked in the shadows replied as he stepped forward. The face of the Black Rider became visible now. "You didn't actually think I'd pass up the chance to earn myself a hundred grand, did you?"

Gustaf Wasa - Dean Spreck (Mafia Godfather) was killed.

Day six begins! 4 players alive, 3 votes is a lynch. Deadline is April 12th.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Re: Community [4/13] Day Six

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:12 am

Ah well, not entirely unexpected on both counts. Go town!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby rishaed on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:43 am

I wish to hear Witts Claim. That is all to start the day off.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:12 pm

Bah. I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for those meddling kids!
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby rishaed on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:08 pm

Nice line there Gustaf! Seriously speaking though Witt needs to come in and claim.

Re: Community [8/13] Day Five

Postby rishaed on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:14 pm

anamainiacks wrote:
blakebowling wrote:I suppose it's time for me to claim. I'm Jeff Winger, Town JOAT.

Unless scum were given fakeclaims, this seems legit. Or if there's another Jeff Winger up there who needs to speak up! But for now, unvote.

rishaed wrote:Thats what you call a strong claim...I have a sneaky suspicion a busdriver is in play now.

If that's so, he should speak up to clear the confusion over N3's happenings. Else, it might be a Mafia Bus Driver?

And again, N3's two kill attempts. I don't think the scum are allowed 2 kills in a night, so I'm guessing we either have a Vig or 3rd party SK in play.

Ok, sorry I found Witts Claim, it was Briggs VT.
So I'm going to do a small recap- Jonty I want your claim ;)
Blake has claimed Jeff Winger Town JOAT.
Witt Has claimed Leonard Briggs VT
I am Abed Nadir Town Cop.
Jonty is ?????
Here's what is going through my head right now.
A. Depending on what Jonty is Blake is most likely scum. (Seeing as he was blocked most likely on nights by Mets and no kills occured)
B. Witt is lying about his claim, and is scum. (small possibility here).
Blake I want your recent Night actions, so far none of your actions can be confirmed (which is highly suspicious).
Jonty I'll need your night actions as well.

Postby Little Witt on Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:17 am

Ya I already claimed.

Does that mean the Dark rider is 3rd party?
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby jonty125 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:24 am

I'm Annie Edison, one-shot town vigilante. I used my action last night on animanicas, thought we were at LYLO, so I took a chance.

Will post more but my internet has gone down, so I'm at an internet cafe.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby rishaed on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:13 pm

Unless the Dark Rider is Investigative Immune (which he very well might be) I know who he is with 90% certainty.
1. We only have 2 Protective Roles. (Mets-Roleblocker. Ana-Doc)
2. We have no kills on N3 with 2 kill attempts (YES, scene flavor). One is definetely an Ana save. Mets blocked blake, and most likely blocked him N4 as well (which had no kill/kill attempt?).
For Night three to go with Blake being town we would need THREE protective roles. Which unless Witt/Jonty is lying we don't have. Unless Jonty is the SK and is Investigative Immune, then Jonty is town (cop result from last night).
Which leaves me between Witt and Blake. Blake has a stronger case against him. Witt on the other hand has said very little and as such the only case I could bring on him would be scummarining.
With that being said my gut and logic go with Blake sooo vote Blakebowling

Postby blakebowling on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:55 pm

Last night I used my vig action on Gustaf, I've still got the roleblock action (which will be instrumental in a town win tonight). The way I see it, there are three possibilities:

A. Witt is scum (makes sense because 5 VT's seems like a bit much to me)
B. Jonty is scum (I thought annie would be a watcher/tracker role instead of a vig)
C. rishaed is somehow scum and played us all incredibly well.
Private blakebowling

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives