Conquer Club

Rock N' Roll Mafia 3/14 Endgame: Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 4/14 D7: Sound of violence

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:08 pm

ghostly447 wrote:Doom IDK when you quit paying attention to detail but it is pretty damn clear its neb. I dont mind lynching myself today and stopping it, but what the hell? it is 100% confirmed neb with everything we are given and you still vote me?

When you are at 4 with LYLO, it is always best to no lynch to LYLO at 3. Mathematically, a better situation, regardless of the situation.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby ghostly447 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:38 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:Doom IDK when you quit paying attention to detail but it is pretty damn clear its neb. I dont mind lynching myself today and stopping it, but what the hell? it is 100% confirmed neb with everything we are given and you still vote me?

When you are at 4 with LYLO, it is always best to no lynch to LYLO at 3. Mathematically, a better situation, regardless of the situation.

Okay well I would like the mod to interfere but unfortunately I know he cant. I was just informed that I cannot save myself. So now I have to actually make the case crystal clear so that you see my logic and know I am right and it can be done. Yes I know, would have been nice to know this before it seems imminent because now it seems scummy but it happened. So let me explain:

New guy is philosopher and can ask mod questions
Asked how much mafia : result 3
Asked how many were on the stubbs lynch (we already got 1) : result 2 -You and I were not on the lynch, and are therefore clear
Got nebs, he is gone. 1 mafia remains
New guy and neb are claiming that they both got roleblocked but no one else claim roleblocker - one is lying
New guy died, and was in fact town so he had no reason to lie about having been role blocked
I am already cleared as town, your cleared as town, dazza showed he is a double voter and is therefore clear of being the mafia roleblocker that we are supposedly looking for. Conclusion: Neb is the only possible mafia.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:41 pm

I understood the first time you brought it up, ghost, but still feel the proper approach is t whittle down players to 3. Since you can't self block, we must vote no lynch to bring us into a 3-person day tomorrow. Do you think this lowers our chances of winning?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:33 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I understood the first time you brought it up, ghost, but still feel the proper approach is t whittle down players to 3. Since you can't self block, we must vote no lynch to bring us into a 3-person day tomorrow. Do you think this lowers our chances of winning?

We can lower it to 3, I dont mind that, but I think its pretty clear who it is. I think it will be clear who is going to be remaining in the last day as well, but if you want to do it that way I suppose it is the only 100% go at it.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:40 pm

Who do you think will be remaining? I am predicitng i will be killed. in any case, neb has all but admitted guilt by not being here. ill vote him but we need a third
Major DoomYoshi

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:10 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Who do you think will be remaining? I am predicitng i will be killed. in any case, neb has all but admitted guilt by not being here. ill vote him but we need a third

You or I will die no doubt. Because we are both confirmed town. So neb, the mafia, will kill either of us (I would be very surprised if it was not me since I am all but voting him and you were still wanting to get it to 3 people and hadnt really decided I guess).
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:10 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Who do you think will be remaining? I am predicitng i will be killed. in any case, neb has all but admitted guilt by not being here. ill vote him but we need a third

I'm still here, I guess the weekend got away from me.

I understand how everything points to me. I'd up and vote myself, if I didn't know that would lead to a town loss. If we had that luxury, I could rest easy knowing that town would win anyway. I am completely baffled as to who the mafia is. I agree that I will live through the night if we no lynch. I just can't place who the last mafia is.

The facts are:

1. We are looking for a roleblocker.
2. Dazza is a confirmed double voter.
3. Ghostly claims he is governor.
4. Doom is a mason.
5. Neb is watcher.

I absolutely cannot make heads or tails of why newguy got an answer that said 2 mafia were on that lynch wagon. One of us is obviously lying about roleblocking. Right now, Ghostly and Doom are the only players that could have that role, in my eyes...but that goes against new guy's answer.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:39 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:

I'm still here, I guess the weekend got away from me.

I understand how everything points to me. I'd up and vote myself, if I didn't know that would lead to a town loss. If we had that luxury, I could rest easy knowing that town would win anyway. I am completely baffled as to who the mafia is. I agree that I will live through the night if we no lynch. I just can't place who the last mafia is.

The facts are:

1. We are looking for a roleblocker.
2. Dazza is a confirmed double voter.
3. Ghostly claims he is governor.
4. Doom is a mason.
5. Neb is watcher.

I absolutely cannot make heads or tails of why newguy got an answer that said 2 mafia were on that lynch wagon. One of us is obviously lying about roleblocking. Right now, Ghostly and Doom are the only players that could have that role, in my eyes...but that goes against new guy's answer.

Doom and dazza.. the only way new guy would have gotten a wrong answer (out of all the possible things, its the only thing that cant be ruled out) is if the mod screwed up and told new guy there were 2 mafia (the remaining 2) on the stubbz case. That leaves dazza and neb. Dazza is a confirmed double voter, and neb is convinced we are looking for a roleblocker. The ONLY person is neb. Vote Neb because I am done beating around the bush.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby strike wolf on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:58 am

Ghostly (1)-Doom
Neb (1)-Ghostly

With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Prod forthcoming for Dazza.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:17 pm

vote neb
Major DoomYoshi

Postby ghostly447 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:50 pm

Not sure if you have to unvote first, but you do have a vote on me currently.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:29 pm

can you just modkill dazza and let us finish this?
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:16 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:can you just modkill dazza and let us finish this?

Good game all.

Vote Neb

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:02 pm

thank you neb
Major DoomYoshi

Postby ghostly447 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Yes thank you very much. Good game all.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:00 pm

Endgame

Mark Knopfler argued for his band. He felt confident at first, having gained their trust early but as timed slipped by he saw more and more eyes staring at him and the worry began to grow. He kept everything alive for a while and even managed to dispose of his rival but as time went on...things were going downhill quicker and quicker.

As the last day approached, he thought perhaps he could slip out of town. Through the allies he raced around and avoided some rockers left at guards in certain areas. He was almost out when he noticed that he was being followed.

Mark ran as fast as he could as his band tailed him but looking behind him, he could see Eric, Mick and Simon running after him. He tried to lose them around buildings and for a moment, as he looked back over his shoulder he thought he was successful. Unfortunately, he took his eyes off the road too long and found himself falling into a ditch and breaking both legs.

He cried for mercy and the town gave it to him, quickly ending his life as they took the rest of the band to be tried for murder and eventually sent them to the executioner's block.

Neb-Dire Straits-Mafia Watcher/usurper has been lynched.

Town wins.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 3/14 Endgame: Town Wins

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:08 pm

So admittedly, I think that balance did suffer a bit when I cut the number...I honestly did not expect the philosopher role to be used to count the votes. That was an oversight on my part and mafia with a usurper worked better with the original set up when they had one more power role and slightly greater number.

I'll have roles out later for now, a memoriam to the bands that I considered but didn't make the cut:

Led Zeppelin (In the original 17)
Les Paul (In the original 17)
Heart (In the original 17)
Jeff Beck (In original 17)
Robert Johnson
Elvis Presley
Aerosmith
Bruce Springsteen
Billy Joel
Elton John
Pearl Jam (wasn't going to include them but thought if I was going to make a third party role they might fit)

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:05 pm

The game was over when we massed claimed and it was discovered that there were to many investigative roles.
The philosopher role did us in but it was also that the town pr were to many to overcome. The longer the game went on the stronger the masons became....lol though I tried to hint to Neb to kill the masons.

It was like plugging up holes in a dyke....no matter who you kill there would be someone to get ya.

Hats off to Neb for gutting it out.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby new guy1 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:11 pm

Very good game, I did not suspect neb until the day I was lynched. Even then he did all he could to try and stick out the day, and I do appreciate the gesture of voting yourself. Very sportsman like. I agree once I found out I could ask about the VCs, my role became over powered, but it was balanced enough that it came down to the last day, so it must not have been too unbalanced (as far as how each player used their role).

Good game all!
Sergeant new guy1

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:23 pm

new guy1 wrote:Very good game, I did not suspect neb until the day I was lynched. Even then he did all he could to try and stick out the day, and I do appreciate the gesture of voting yourself. Very sportsman like. I agree once I found out I could ask about the VCs, my role became over powered, but it was balanced enough that it came down to the last day, so it must not have been too unbalanced (as far as how each player used their role).

Good game all!

So who roleblocked you??????
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:33 pm

Good game to town. I think I had a bit too much to overcome. I had to kill Stubbs while still outlasting town. Had Iron been able to last longer, we would have had a better chance. I toyed with the idea of turning on both Stubbs and Iron when Jonty (detective) was killed. I might have had a better shot, and more town credit if I had done that, but decided that keeping my mafia friends alive was a better option. This turned out to be my undoing, as I had no other option but to claim roleblocked. I saw the writing on the wall.

My other problem...I flopped up my claim. In the long run it never became a sticking point, as nobody checked to see if Dire Straits was in the HOF...but I needed Iron to stay alive, so that his death didn't reveal him as NOT being in the HOF either...thus sinking me and my claim. I was so paranoid that it would be brought up. Also, had I claimed correctly (an HOF band), I might have been able to play the "Art Garfunkel is not technically in the hall of fame on his own merits, and therefore the dreaded 'mafia-town mason' could be in play" argument.

The defining moment was new guy's question about number of mafia members on the lynch. Well played. I was almost going to message Strike to disallow that question...but ultimately didn't.

Thanks for the game Strike.

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:34 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
new guy1 wrote:Very good game, I did not suspect neb until the day I was lynched. Even then he did all he could to try and stick out the day, and I do appreciate the gesture of voting yourself. Very sportsman like. I agree once I found out I could ask about the VCs, my role became over powered, but it was balanced enough that it came down to the last day, so it must not have been too unbalanced (as far as how each player used their role).

Good game all!

So who roleblocked you??????

Spiesr. He was the only one in the game.

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:37 pm

derp. i thought spiesr was already dead the night before. back to the meds i go
Major DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:43 pm

I was about to clear that up too. And that would have been a turning point had the question not been allowed, but I would have found another question to ask that would have been helpful, though probably nothing could have compared to that one. I might have to tease with this role and have it in one of my games, except it will go off a points system. Depending on the game size, say 14, I would give it 10 points and determine a scale for which I could take points for each question. That way an over powered question like that would cost in the range of 5 points, since it effectively (at the stage we were at) could cut half the players out of the suspect pool. Just a side thought :D.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:34 pm

A major factor in how useful the philosopher question was was luck. If the breakdown of scum on and off the lynch had been a little bit different the question wouldn't have been terribly helpful. As it was with 2 scum in Group "A" and the one in Group "B" already being the number 1 target it was pretty useful. Had say Neb not been in Group "B" the results would have been less useful, giving the scum more room to maneuver.
Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives