Conquer Club

Werewolf Mafia Endgame Town Wins.

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Werewolf Mafia (7/9) Innocence of a Child D2.

Postby Dibbler on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:47 pm

To be honest I don't think it does, but the problem is that live mafia/werewolf is different to on-line mafia. Also I was surprised that the game had 3 werewolves to start with only 9 players. There are really too many roles in this game for only 9 players, in a normal werewolf game in RL we would never use this many roles cause after round 2 the game is decided one way or another. Sometimes round 1. That said this is rishaed's first attempt to run werewolf mafia and these are things you learn through doing so I don't mind the way the game is being played, there are things I think rishaed didn't think of when it was started.
Highest Score: Brigadier- 3229 points
Highest Placing: 49 - December 6, 2011
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Dibbler

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:34 pm

I think you all should quit talking about the mod and accept that one of you is getting lynched today. Before I cast a vote, I want the confirmed towns opinion. Lynch 1 kill one? CLEARLY since both of these players have had a vote on them for this long, without being speed lynched, I think we can say both are mafia just trying to weasel out of it by getting the other one lynched. IB more than Dibbler, but still I have thought both were mafia for awhile anyways. Thoughts?
Cadet ghostly447

Postby aage on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:55 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
aage wrote:I think Doom played his game to draw out the scum, that's the only reason he would play it. You have let yourself get drawn out to the point of asking the mod on role technicalities while firstly no mod would ever answer such questions, and secondly we play numerous games here where we don't even know what roles we're dealing with. You seem to let emotions get the better of you at LyLo and deliberately try to add to, not decrease, the confusion around Doom's role. You make no statement concerning Animainiacks and throw an easy vote on the noob after mentioning you have proof Blake is scumarining. I don't think there is no case on you.

So answer why this game would need a role cop.

Why does it need a watcher?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:00 am

ghostly447 wrote:I think you all should quit talking about the mod and accept that one of you is getting lynched today. Before I cast a vote, I want the confirmed towns opinion. Lynch 1 kill one? CLEARLY since both of these players have had a vote on them for this long, without being speed lynched, I think we can say both are mafia just trying to weasel out of it by getting the other one lynched. IB more than Dibbler, but still I have thought both were mafia for awhile anyways. Thoughts?

Blake might be scum and the mafia may think they can't pull off such a speedlynch on short notice. Right now, they can still night kill Doom and hope we will take the wrong guess at some point and lynch the towny.

I would say you can kill if the mod could confirm that the game will continue a tie of the amount of scum-town players with a town Burgermeister.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:50 am

One last time I was not playing the Mod.

In my eyes I was following up on what I believed was ambiguous and inconsistent answers by Doom. It all started when he talked about how he looks at someones"cards". I have never heard anyone describe their role like that. Top that off with the role description by Rishead versus his description of the role. the rest is all on the public record.

The fact is that no one has counter claimed. Mafia will not because they are pretty sure i am the one who will get lynched, which will win the game for them.

Blake has made several posts on the boards and NONE this game.

The Mafia are Blake, Animanics, and "he who's name I misspelled" :D

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:53 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:One last time I was not playing the Mod.

In my eyes I was following up on what I believed was ambiguous and inconsistent answers by Doom. It all started when he talked about how he looks at someones"cards". I have never heard anyone describe their role like that. Top that off with the role description by Rishead versus his description of the role. the rest is all on the public record.

The fact is that no one has counter claimed. Mafia will not because they are pretty sure i am the one who will get lynched, which will win the game for them.

Blake has made several posts on the boards and NONE this game.

The Mafia are Blake, Animanics, and "he who's name I misspelled" :D

My Claim at the request of Doom

Berger VT......Does my claim really matter? If i was a werewolf I would say the same thing.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:06 am

I honestly don't see the point of debating over why a rolecop is necessary. I do agree that werewolf games should only include a cop and not rolecop, but the point is that Doom has proven to a large amount of certainty that he is indeed a rolecop. He's just following what the mod's instructions of his role, and we can't accuse either the mod or Doom of attempting to add confusion to a role claim. It's not their fault, and there's no point constantly harping on about it. Which is exactly what IB is doing, throwing suspicion on Doom's claim. Perhaps hinting that his fellow scum blake should claim Seerin as well?

And blake's absence is highly suspicious, and I'm guessing he's scummarining.

And finally, Dibbler's defence sounds a lot like a scum that's fed up that the werewolves that they are have been found out so quickly...

I'd personally say blake seems most suspicious to me - scummarining is a little too convenient. We should get a response from him.

I do wonder - do the lovers know who each other are? In the games I played in person, they were never revealed of their 'relationship' with each other, but I don't know if that's the case here.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:44 am

Do you think it's possible that there were no scum on the wagon?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:51 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Do you think it's possible that there were no scum on the wagon?

With you being cop and having cleared agge and ghostly the answer is yes.

You either will lynch me or one of the other three. If you wish to win you will lynch one of the other three.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:41 pm

anamainiacks wrote:I honestly don't see the point of debating over why a rolecop is necessary. I do agree that werewolf games should only include a cop and not rolecop, but the point is that Doom has proven to a large amount of certainty that he is indeed a rolecop. He's just following what the mod's instructions of his role, and we can't accuse either the mod or Doom of attempting to add confusion to a role claim. It's not their fault, and there's no point constantly harping on about it. Which is exactly what IB is doing, throwing suspicion on Doom's claim. Perhaps hinting that his fellow scum blake should claim Seerin as well?

And blake's absence is highly suspicious, and I'm guessing he's scummarining.

And finally, Dibbler's defence sounds a lot like a scum that's fed up that the werewolves that they are have been found out so quickly...

I'd personally say blake seems most suspicious to me - scummarining is a little too convenient. We should get a response from him.

I do wonder - do the lovers know who each other are? In the games I played in person, they were never revealed of their 'relationship' with each other, but I don't know if that's the case here.

As a mafia player it is my job to not take anything for granted. Dooms first action this day was to vote me as "pay back". Considering the circumstance that if there is a mislynch mafia wins, I felt it completely illogical and down right silly. There are varying strategies and paths this game could take.

The choice we now face is this.

Lynch me because you think I'm mafia, mafia will try their best to discredit me to achieve its ends.

or I am Town, which means the other three are 100% mafia.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:47 pm

aage I highly suggest you remove your vote if you are indeed town. If you doom and ghost are Town all it takes is two more. I would find it grand irony if that during the night Animaniac votes and Blake sneaks in for the hammer.

Even if you are 100% sure, the deadline is April first and I do not see why there would be a rush.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:58 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:aage I highly suggest you remove your vote if you are indeed town. If you doom and ghost are Town all it takes is two more. I would find it grand irony if that during the night Animaniac votes and Blake sneaks in for the hammer.

Even if you are 100% sure, the deadline is April first and I do not see why there would be a rush.

No mention of Dibbler? I think that about sums it up. I think subconsciously you didnt mention Dibbler because the other 2 are your scum mates. Unless I missed something which would exempt Dibbler? Town's thoughts?
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:10 pm

Not at all.

If Doom is the cop then you and AAgee are Town. It is fruitless to ask him. Agge is Town.

I do have a test to prove who is who though ...this will be good.

Dibbler I ask you this.

I am a Burger just as you have claimed.

Please tell me how many words are in the first sentence of your role description and how many sentences it contains.

I do not beleive this is illegal. From my understanding we are allowed to paraphrase. games have been won or lost becasue a player could not answer somthing about their PM or how their night action is worded.

Hopefully there is more then one of me.

A Town person will know this right?

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Dibbler on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:25 pm

IB you know I can't answer that question and if not against the letter of the rules that is against the spirit. you claim or you don't and you let the other decide who has a valid claim be it right or wrong. they vote and then someone gets lynched, if the right person is lynched the town may win if the wrong the mafia may win thats the way it should be.

As it stands the werewolves were always screwed in this one cause the lovers are both werewolves. you kill one the other commits suicide and dies too. That is how the werewolf game rules work. so 2 in one blow. That means that with Doom already clearly the witch, with both ghost and aage knowing its true and convinced, and one of them being the burgermister too, that`s 4 votes total, so the only decision left was me or you Iron Butterfly. If they kill you then the werewolves have a very small shot but ghostly then uses his poison killing at least 1 of the werewolves and maybe 2 while the wolves can only kill Doom but still can`t get rid of the burgermiester so the town wins with 3 votes to 2 or 1.

It certainly hasn`t helped that blake has been effectively absent but I`m not sure what he could have done to change the result. The biggest mistake we as wolves made was not counterclaiming seer and claiming that blake and animaniacs were town and witch ourselves. That may have thrown us off but only for 1 round as we would again have only lynched 1 town and still lost 1 or 2 werewolves that night to be in a very similar position. I just can`t work out a scenario where the werewolves can win more then 2% of the time.

However with your forced question which I cannot answer, as any answer or no answer confirms I`m not a vanilla townie, means that the werewolves are toast.

So for that reason I`m done with this one. Town wins werewolves lose. I suspect I have pissed some of you off by calling it, for that I`m sorry but don`t worry I`m not going to play any more mafia games. I thought I might enjoy this as I`ve played it in real life but it doesn`t play as well as in RL for me. Mafia is just not for me.

And Rishead I`m very sorry this one probably hasn`t worked out as you had hoped, I do suggest that if you chose to run this again, reduce the number of roles and increase the number of vanilla town. if only 9 players perhapse even reduce the number of werewolves to balance the game a bit. Make claims harder to make and successfully pull off.
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Dibbler

Postby aage on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:aage I highly suggest you remove your vote if you are indeed town. If you doom and ghost are Town all it takes is two more. I would find it grand irony if that during the night Animaniac votes and Blake sneaks in for the hammer.

April first is monday. Your scumbuddies Anamain and Dibbler have had more than enough time to unsuspectingly join the wagon and they haven't. This means you are without doubt scum, and this is a feeble attempt to frame Blake.

Ghostly, I think you can kill either one of his scumbuddies tonight, we will lynch the other tomorrow.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:08 pm

The simple fact that none of you are voting really speaks for itself, I must say.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:15 pm

With that, I Vote IB with intention to poison Dibbler tonight.
Cadet ghostly447

Re: Werewolf Mafia (6/9) Innocence of a Child D2.

Postby rishaed on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:15 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Not at all.

If Doom is the cop then you and AAgee are Town. It is fruitless to ask him. Agge is Town.

I do have a test to prove who is who though ...this will be good.

Dibbler I ask you this.

I am a Burger just as you have claimed.

Please tell me how many words are in the first sentence of your role description and how many sentences it contains.

I do not beleive this is illegal. From my understanding we are allowed to paraphrase. games have been won or lost becasue a player could not answer somthing about their PM or how their night action is worded.

Hopefully there is more then one of me.

A Town person will know this right?

Rule #5 bud. As an experienced player you should indeed know this. Seeing as I have seen in a few other rule sets where it explicitly states (as a no no) including the number of word in the PM, and me using the ones from Chapcrap, which state:
Do not quote any PM's you receive from the moderator or another player. You may say your name, role, associated abilities.
Nothing more, nothing less. The rules are pretty clear about this. And as such I am MK'ing you.

Suddenly a fire broke from the house, a man screamed seeing his only daughter inside. Rushing to save her, he enters only to find that someone else had grabbed her from the window. As he tries to escape, a beam crashes down on his head effectively KO'ing him. Consumed by the flames and smoke, his life is extinguished.
Iron Butterfly Burger has been Modkilled.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby rishaed on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Mod Note: Vote Count has been reset.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:27 pm

No where in your rules did you state this.

Some mods do and some don't. This had been done in several games, one of wich was Harry Potter. Chapcrap was the one who caught me by comparing PMs of cop investigations and the wording was.

But hey thanks for the warning. In the future I highly suggest you be specific in your roles and your rules as it has made for a completely frustrating.

Friggin joke.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:33 pm

Sorry, If you feel wronged here. I just feel that as Dibbler stated its rubs against the spirit of the game, thus the MK and not a warning. I do feel like trying to get around it in a setup where every role is known is similar to a massclaim here. I know its not explicity stated word for word what you CANNOT post from your role PM, however it is explicitly stated what you CAN post from your role PM. Name, Role, Role abilities.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:48 pm

I understand.

I was not quoting. I could have easily have asked how did you specifically word my Town role, which is in the PM. It would have led to the same message by Dibbler.

Anyways...life goes on.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby aage on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:35 am

This has got to be the strangest scum strategy I have ever seen.

Vote Dibbler. Ghostly, I suggest killing whichever one you're not in love with.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby ghostly447 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:32 pm

aage wrote:This has got to be the strangest scum strategy I have ever seen.

Vote Dibbler. Ghostly, I suggest killing whichever one you're not in love with.

Didnt know I was in love with anyone. But aight. Im going to vote Dibbler, and poison one of the others tonight. I was not told I was in love with anyone, so if we are lucky, when I poison one of them, the other will be killed too.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Dibbler on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:05 pm

Vote aage
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Dibbler

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives