Conquer Club

Werewolf Mafia Endgame Town Wins.

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Werewolf Mafia (7/9) Innocence of a Child D2.

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:57 pm

Well, remember this is based on a game that rishaed played in RL, where they had cards to determine which player was which. As the seerin, I get to look at that players "card" which is combined cop/role cop.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:16 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Well, remember this is based on a game that rishaed played in RL, where they had cards to determine which player was which. As the seerin, I get to look at that players "card" which is combined cop/role cop.

Why would you need to combine a "Role Cop" with a "Cop?" Why would you???

we are hunting for were wolves...period. What possible use would you have for a role cop??

Now we have a boundary problem as far as modding is concerned. I do not wish to "play" the Mod but with you being his real life friend you have blurred the line.

There IS a difference, a HUGE difference, between a Cop and Role Cop. They are not the same and there is absolutely no benefit to combining them.

The description of the Serrin says, "essentially a cop."

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby aage on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Well, remember this is based on a game that rishaed played in RL, where they had cards to determine which player was which. As the seerin, I get to look at that players "card" which is combined cop/role cop.

we are hunting for were wolves...period. What possible use would you have for a role cop??

Now we have a boundary problem as far as modding is concerned. I do not wish to "play" the Mod but with you being his real life friend you have blurred the line.

There IS a difference, a HUGE difference, between a Cop and Role Cop. They are not the same and there is absolutely no benefit to combining them.

Agreed.

I would like to hear Ghostly's role from Doom.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:45 pm

aage wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:

Agreed.

I would like to hear Ghostly's role from Doom.

Permission to give so. Interested to see if he knows it.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:54 pm

It's in the title of one of my posts.

I am not rishaed's real life friend, where did you get that idea?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:09 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:It's in the title of one of my posts.

I am not rishaed's real life friend, where did you get that idea?

My mistake. I thought you were in real life. I assumed by you knowing he played the card game in real life.

Please explain why you would need a role cop if you are hunting were wolves? With your role as you stated when would you choose to use"cop" over "role cop".

How EXACTLY are you a combo of the two as you stated.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:32 pm

I see the role of the player and the alignment.

A role cop gives role, a cop gives alignment. I get both, so it's a combo.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Me and Doom do not know each other outside of CC. 8-[
I'm sorry for any confusion.
As for the answer to your PM IB, I will color your last line. Because the setup is known a role cop basically does cop a person, Seeing as a role is known. I will stick to the rules of Werewolf as I know them as best as I can.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:35 pm

You did not answer the question and your answer was ambiguous.

I understand what a role cop does. A role cop is able to determine a players role. Werewolf=mafia any other role is Town.

I understand A cop determines an alignment and NOT a role.

Your role description says Seerin "is essentially a cop"

Doom knows the difference between "a cop" and "a role cop" They both do the same thing in a different way.

With CC Mafia you are either a role cop or cop as they both do the same. Doom only stated he was a combination after he claimed being a seer and knew two players roles. When I called him on the fact that the game role description states, "essentially a cop"

THAT was when he described his role as a combination of the two.

Doom keeps adding information when questioned on inconsistencies in his story.
He gave a non answer on Ghostlies role when questioned on it.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:40 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:You did not answer the question and your answer was ambiguous.

I understand what a role cop does. A role cop is able to determine a players role. Werewolf=mafia any other role is Town.

I understand A cop determines an alignment and NOT a role.

Your role description says Seerin "is essentially a cop"

Doom knows the difference between "a cop" and "a role cop" They both do the same thing in a different way.

With CC Mafia you are either a role cop or cop as they both do the same. Doom only stated he was a combination after he claimed being a seer and knew two players roles. When I called him on the fact that the game role description states, "essentially a cop"

THAT was when he described his role as a combination of the two.

Doom keeps adding information when questioned on inconsistencies in his story.
He gave a non answer on Ghostlies role when questioned on it.

Unfortunately I had to make my answer ambiguous. I cannot in good conscience confirm a player's alignment/role for either side, which in essence is what you have asked me to do.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:52 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I see the role of the player and the alignment.

A role cop gives role, a cop gives alignment. I get both, so it's a combo.

Seeing we are hunting werewolves and werewolves are Mafia/anti Town why would you need to know their alignment if the role cop shows they are werewolf?

Care to speculate why you would need both? We are still waiting for you to give ghostly's role, as your answer was a non answer.

Heck I would like anyone to explain why we would need a combo as we already know what roles are in the game.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:06 am

aage wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:Liebespaar- May Not Night/Day Talk

What does this exactly mean? Would we be able to go through and see who hasnt posted and immediately assume they are town or something? To me, it is saying they cant talk, but I am unsure of it.

Talk = communicate via PM or other outside-topic media.

Seeing as I've been receiving a few PM's about this. Unless you are masoned (which none of you are) all talk has to be in the thread. Otherwise aage's statement is dead on. There are no PR's neither have I mentioned any... So I don't know where the sudden confusion is coming from. :?:
VC:
Deadline: April 1st. The person with the most votes will be lynched. In case of a tie a 24 hr runoff will be held.

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:23 am

Wow, this board really explodes overnight...

I do not know about Dibbler and blake, but I can confirm that I'm not the Seerin. But indeed, if Doom really is the Seerin, then I see no reason to doubt ghostly and aage. Conversely, if Doom isn't the Seerin, ghostly and aage needn't necessarily be in cahoots with him. That said...
Iron Butterfly wrote:We are still waiting for you to give ghostly's role, as your answer was a non answer.

Since I'm sure people will be lazy to check, and people are going to check it anyway: 4th post on page 7. "Re: Werewolf Mafia (7/9) Ghost is doc/vig". Definitely a huge risk (of stupidity) to take if he weren't actually the Seerin, so I'm inclined to think that he is who he says he is. We haven't had a counterclaim to either the Seerin or Witch roles yet, so unless Dibbler and blake are so coincidentally the Seerin and Witch themselves, I'm going to take Doom's word for it. FOS blake, Dibbler, IB.

Although I do have to agree with IB that I'm surprised the Seerin is a rolecop, and not a cop as stated in the first post. The werewolf games I've played had alignment revealed to the cop through a nod or shake of the head at night from the mod - no cards involved, nor exact roles revealed. I get what rishaed means when he says that for some roles, the rolecop acts like a cop. That's only true (in this game) if the rolecop didn't target a mere Burger or werewolf, since they'd both be considered "vanilla".
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Dibbler on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:40 am

In the live games I've played the seerin was allowed to see 1 card per night role and alignment all. as everyone had their eyes closed the mod would go around the room lifting each players card in turn and showing only the one the seer picked to the seer, the rest were covered but it made sure no one knew who's role was known.
Highest Score: Brigadier- 3229 points
Highest Placing: 49 - December 6, 2011
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Dibbler

Postby Dibbler on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:41 am

I will come back and post in a couple of hours there is a lot to digest and I'm a little confused.
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Dibbler

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:37 am

OK yes he did post Doc/Vig. I missed it. Why he just cant post it is beyond me.

I find this whole notion that our game is morphing into the card game so each role plays the same is Bull. Playing live is not like playing here or online. The mechanics and game play are just plain different.

I want someone to answer me why we would need a "role cop"

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:38 pm

I confirm Doom's post on me, I am Die Hexe. I saved Safariguy night 1 with the following in mind:

Safari is experienced, so I wanted to save him. I would have been able to confirm him town no matter what, and with 3 other players I recognized from several prior games being unconfirmed town/mafia, I didnt want to risk that one of them was mafia and I didnt get to find out. I knew Safari would be able to help out if he was around for a day or 2, but when he got killed the next night, it kind of sucked. But I still have my vig use, and doom or myself will likely be killed tonight considering I can still poison a werewolf, and doom will be able to catch another role tonight. So we need to decide on someone who we think could also be mafia, so if we live through today we can possibly prevent another LYLO tomorrow. If I were not to get killed tonight and saved my vig use, it wouldnt be lylo on D3, and we could still pick a target for N3, but I would rather not take the risk.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby aage on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:44 pm

Ok, that's either a good guess or a legit cop.

Now then, we have 4 people left, one of whom is a Burger.

2. Iron Butterfly
3. Dibbler
7. Blakebowling
8. Anamainiacks

Blake is apparently missing. Mod, please prod him? His next post will be predictable since at the moment we have two scenarios.
1) Doom is who he says he is, and there are three scum among the four listed above;
2) Doom is lying and lucky in his guess, Blake is the actual Seerin and Ghostly is the witch;

H1) Since Ghostly hasn't posted yet Doom could be lying and unlucky in his guess too. If that were the case Blake would be seerin still and Ana, Dibbler or IB would be witch.
** this cannot be the case, since Ana, Dib and IB haven't counterclaimed witch. If they were scum, they should have, but errors aside.

Either way, there are (at least) two scum among Dibbler, IB and Animainiacks. Since IB is seemingly only able to question Doom's cop claim I think we should vote IB.

If for some miraculous reason IB turns out to be town, Ghostly will have to vig Ana or Dibbler, depending on who Cupid shot.

All we can do now is pray the lover's pair is not town-town.

PF by Ghostly, H1 falls of completely now.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:53 pm

anamainiacks wrote:Wow, this board really explodes overnight...

I do not know about Dibbler and blake, but I can confirm that I'm not the Seerin. But indeed, if Doom really is the Seerin, then I see no reason to doubt ghostly and aage. Conversely, if Doom isn't the Seerin, ghostly and aage needn't necessarily be in cahoots with him. That said...
Iron Butterfly wrote:We are still waiting for you to give ghostly's role, as your answer was a non answer.

Since I'm sure people will be lazy to check, and people are going to check it anyway: 4th post on page 7. "Re: Werewolf Mafia (7/9) Ghost is doc/vig". Definitely a huge risk (of stupidity) to take if he weren't actually the Seerin, so I'm inclined to think that he is who he says he is. We haven't had a counterclaim to either the Seerin or Witch roles yet, so unless Dibbler and blake are so coincidentally the Seerin and Witch themselves, I'm going to take Doom's word for it. FOS blake, Dibbler, IB.

Although I do have to agree with IB that I'm surprised the Seerin is a rolecop, and not a cop as stated in the first post. The werewolf games I've played had alignment revealed to the cop through a nod or shake of the head at night from the mod - no cards involved, nor exact roles revealed. I get what rishaed means when he says that for some roles, the rolecop acts like a cop. That's only true (in this game) if the rolecop didn't target a mere Burger or werewolf, since they'd both be considered "vanilla".

Who else would you possibly FOS? Its between you and the 3 you FOS'ed.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:39 pm

aage wrote:Ok, that's either a good guess or a legit cop.

Now then, we have 4 people left, one of whom is a Burger.

2. Iron Butterfly
3. Dibbler
7. Blakebowling
8. Anamainiacks

Blake is apparently missing. Mod, please prod him? His next post will be predictable since at the moment we have two scenarios.
1) Doom is who he says he is, and there are three scum among the four listed above;
2) Doom is lying and lucky in his guess, Blake is the actual Seerin and Ghostly is the witch;

H1) Since Ghostly hasn't posted yet Doom could be lying and unlucky in his guess too. If that were the case Blake would be seerin still and Ana, Dibbler or IB would be witch.
** this cannot be the case, since Ana, Dib and IB haven't counterclaimed witch. If they were scum, they should have, but errors aside.

Either way, there are (at least) two scum among Dibbler, IB and Animainiacks. Since IB is seemingly only able to question Doom's cop claim I think we should vote IB.

If for some miraculous reason IB turns out to be town, Ghostly will have to vig Ana or Dibbler, depending on who Cupid shot.

All we can do now is pray the lover's pair is not town-town.

PF by Ghostly, H1 falls of completely now.

I will agree with your list.

I have been on Doom because of the confusion between card roles/CC online roles. The two do not play the same so there has been a blurring of what can and can not be done. Why he does not just come out say what he means instead of playing games adds to the confusion and my suspicion. Reveling Ghostly's role is a prime example.

I have said all I can say on the matter.

There will be three out of four mafia in that group.

I checked last night and Blake has been posting just not here. He had two posts yesterday but nothing here game wise.
Diggler has posted like classic newbie scum.

Vote diggler

There is no case on me. Ive said all I can on the matter.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:49 pm

Vote Count:

Iron Butterfly (1) - aage
Dibbler (1) - Iron Butterfly

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
Deadline is April 1st. As of now a 24hr. runoff between Dibbler and IB would take place

Postby aage on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:50 pm

I think Doom played his game to draw out the scum, that's the only reason he would play it. You have let yourself get drawn out to the point of asking the mod on role technicalities while firstly no mod would ever answer such questions, and secondly we play numerous games here where we don't even know what roles we're dealing with. You seem to let emotions get the better of you at LyLo and deliberately try to add to, not decrease, the confusion around Doom's role. You make no statement concerning Animainiacks and throw an easy vote on the noob after mentioning you have proof Blake is scumarining. I don't think there is no case on you.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Dibbler on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:52 pm

For the record its Dibbler and I don't particularly appreciate it when people misspell intentionally or unintentionally my handle. If its intentional then it is insulting and in my opinion poor form, if unintentional then no issue but please use the correct name in the future. I'm simply here to have fun and see how this works here vs live. Live is better and far faster and I feel a little more fun, not that this isn't fun. I've enjoyed it so far.

I have a distinct feeling you guys will probably vote for me. All I can say is that I'm a Burger but I can't corroborate anyone else's claim and I'm sure you won't believe me. All I can say is at least I won't get eaten, I think being eaten would be far more painful then hanging or shooting.

I vote Iron Butterfly cause I know what I am and he is voting for me.

Vote Iron Butterfly
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Dibbler

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:21 pm

aage wrote:I think Doom played his game to draw out the scum, that's the only reason he would play it. You have let yourself get drawn out to the point of asking the mod on role technicalities while firstly no mod would ever answer such questions, and secondly we play numerous games here where we don't even know what roles we're dealing with. You seem to let emotions get the better of you at LyLo and deliberately try to add to, not decrease, the confusion around Doom's role. You make no statement concerning Animainiacks and throw an easy vote on the noob after mentioning you have proof Blake is scumarining. I don't think there is no case on you.

So answer why this game would need a role cop.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:46 pm

Why would any game need a role cop?

That's just the game.

You should claim now IB.
Major DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives