Conquer Club

The Wire Mafia Day 6 [4/13]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 6 [4/13]

Postby skillfusniper33 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:29 am

ok, I won't be able to get to this for a few days. I am leaving for school tomorrow (at 3 AM) and will arrive Wednesday. I should get something in thursday hopefully.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby new guy1 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:50 am

skillfusniper33 wrote:ok, I won't be able to get to this for a few days. I am leaving for school tomorrow (at 3 AM) and will arrive Wednesday. I should get something in thursday hopefully.

As long as there is time for me to question your case before the deadline Im fine with it. Sorry to act as sort of a ringleader, but I am busy with college, clubs and booze, normal college life, plus I am confirmed to be telling the truth as far as role goes. Its up to you guys to trust my alignment, which Im throwing that out for you guys just so you can trust me (in that if I werent aligned with town I wouldnt suggest to you the possibility of me not being town) and I hope that whoever is town between you guys can convince me whose scum. Right now I am leaning stubbs as scum, because I trust sniper's role and so I trust his results. Thats just my main condition which is being taken into account.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:43 am

I suppose it's needless for me to say I watched Dj, and sniper visited him?

I'll see what I can do about bringing it all together in one post, newguy.
Likely when I have access to a pc.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby Djfireside on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:02 am

Sorry for missing the last day, I had done my research just didnt realize the day ended so fast. Win this town :)
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby new guy1 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Djfireside wrote:Sorry for missing the last day, I had done my research just didnt realize the day ended so fast. Win this town :)

Its all good dude. We'll try, and you played well :D
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:00 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:I suppose it's needless for me to say I watched Dj, and sniper visited him?

Sorry for the double post. Thank you for taking the time to put the case together, though I find it strange you questioned your own sentence.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:27 pm

Well, a case then?

Sniper wrote:Last night I used my ability on this statement Stubbs made....

StubbsKVM wrote:I am Detective Kima Greggs, Town Watcher.

He is lying about his role. That being said, Vote Stubbs

Well, to begin with. He is lying about this...obviously. I never even suspected him before this post, actually. So I only could look back at what he had done from that point on.

So:
Case point number 1
Why would he check me? He makes no mention of me being suspicious before this, and he is also the only guy who could check NewGuy's claim(if his role was actually true...). No, instead he claims he "believes" the claim. If he really was town, I think he would have checked this claim on night 1, and got rid of all the suspicion there was surrounding that claim. But even if he didn't. I think he would have used his role on New Guy instead of on me, because I could still be checked by Ghostly or DJ at that point.

Sniper wrote:First of all you are letting a mafia member get into your head. I never said I would, lynx said I should. I have been in belief for most of the game that the PGO was not a lie.

Also it would be extremely easy for you to be planning this out stubbs, since you knew lynx's role. Jonty "cleared" you on day 3, and with a God Father still out there he would have come up innocent to any investigations by Jonty.

Even here, he says "most of the game". Which makes it even more unlikely that he wouldn't have checked NewGuy.

Case point number 2
Sniper wrote:I like the case on lynx, and he does seem to be really pushing everyone in the direction he wants. His claim seems kinda weird, since my understanding of the character is that he was more out for himself rather than the team. And he seems to be going behind several peoples back. I think he could be using the same name, but just changing his alignment, and role. Being completely bulletproof seems off for a cop themed show. I would have believed an X-shot since all cops wear a pullet proof vest for the raids.

I think he is also overreacting about the PGO role a bit. I know it is a very safe claim for mafia, but everyone else has let it go. Although this could be a nice play to draw distance between them, so New Guy can float to the end of the game.

Vote Lynx

I am also worried about DJ's role since he posted all of his actions after people posted theirs. He also targeted the same person who is dead, and didn't get targeted by anyone else the first 2 nights. This is a complex role, and if he is mafia, it is a very nice escape while providing a lot of details about who visited each person with information already provided.

Look here. This quote is from the day Lynx got lynched. Even then he did not believe your claim entirely. Pay attention to the bolded text. Next, he questions DJ for sharing his actions very late. Did he check him? No, he didn't. I wonder why??

Case point number 3
Djfireside wrote:My inital thought doesnt seem to be playing well with me now. Overall I think that Sniper is mafia based on the role and since a Ninja popped up a watcher would be a affulent role to follow. Since under most circumstances whenever there is a ninja there is a watcher but mafia would have known this as well and could have run it as a FC. This gets clouded by some of the other roles that we had, wire tap, informant, tracker but in the end I could see a watcher as well and was all set on this but one of the things holding me back was the votes from last day. Sniper could have easily sealed NG's fate instead of waiting on me putting the game to 3v2 and while I tend to believe their Role less, I am torn once again as to which one it is.

This point is not so much against Sniper, but it's worth noting. When there's a Ninja, there's almost always a watcher. I'd like to remind you at how frustrated and jumpy I got when Saf was killed and I got no results. Then the next night I watched Jonty and got no result again. That's the reason why I claimed in the first place. My role had gotten useless and I wanted to share my information with the rest of the town. Dj makes mention here of sniper being able to hammer you instead. But if he had, he would have outed himself as scum, and lynx would have been next.

Case point number 4
Sniper wrote:And on my role, I have asked about my role, and visiting, I do not visit the players statement who I target.

Well, how convenient, there's a tracker, a watcher and an informant in this game, yet somehow, this guy can take a lie detector test without visiting his target. How awesome.
Even if this were true, this means he would not visit NewGuy, so he would not die checking his claim.

Case Closed
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM on Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Okay NewGuy, this is all I've got. But I think it should be enough to prove he's the last mafia.

I'll go ahead and vote, so you'll be holding the hammer.

vote Sniper
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:46 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:Okay NewGuy, this is all I've got. But I think it should be enough to prove he's the last mafia.

vote Sniper

Very good case. Putting those points in front of me, though I have my questions on them, has cleared up your case on him. Although I do have withdrawals about a couple points, Ill let you guys banter back and forth and then I will make my final round ups when you two are content with your cases. I will apologize in advance to the town if I make the wrong move... I dislike being the last standing town :( lol.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:46 pm

new guy1 wrote:
StubbsKVM wrote:Okay NewGuy, this is all I've got. But I think it should be enough to prove he's the last mafia.

vote Sniper

Very good case. Putting those points in front of me, though I have my questions on them, has cleared up your case on him. Although I do have withdrawals about a couple points, Ill let you guys banter back and forth and then I will make my final round ups when you two are content with your cases. I will apologize in advance to the town if I make the wrong move... I dislike being the last standing town :( lol.

I should say "I dislike being the last standing basically confirmed town."
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:02 pm

It's all a game in the end though. No actual lives depend on it :)
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:41 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:It's all a game in the end though. No actual lives depend on it :)

I know, but the people on this site put loads of time into making cases, sitting down to read other people's posts, and dedicate hours to the game in general, so I dont like losing it, especially if everyone else is sitting here going "you moron, I think a blind man could see- yep, the blind guy just agreed with me on who it is, you're stupid!". lol
Sergeant new guy1

Postby skillfusniper33 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:43 am

Well I will work this backwards with the posts

Oh and First I have not looked at Stubbs case vs me. I may comment on it afterwards.

StubbsKVM wrote:I suppose it's needless for me to say I watched Dj, and sniper visited him?

Of course you will say that since you couldn't kill me and there are only 3 people alive.

StubbsKVM wrote:Don't you find it the least suspicious that sniper bought your claim all this time when he had the ability to check it night 1?

And that he now conveniently used it on me, after doubting DJ yesterday?

Why would you want someone to blow a 1-shot on something they trusted to be true. That also would have had me reveal who I was on day 1. At which point going into day 2 we would have had 3 people revealed. I wanted to save it for this situation where we only had a few people left and it increased my chances of nailing scum.

My doubt on DJ was minor and I came to the realization that making all that information up would have been extremely tough to do and not get caught in some kind of lie.

StubbsKVM wrote:
new guy1 wrote:
StubbsKVM wrote:Don't you find it the least suspicious that sniper bought your claim all this time when he had the ability to check it night 1?

And that he now conveniently used it on me, after doubting DJ yesterday?

If sniper trusts what I claimed, then why would he look into me? Especially when doing so could get himself killed, since I dont remember the mod ever saying yes or no to the "does he get killed if he uses his action on me". I think he was intelligent to wait until the last day to use his action because it does allow him to narrow the pool down. However, if it is a fake claim, then he has outsmarted me. The idea that he doubted DJ yesterday and now used it on you just tells me he decided last minute sending his action in that he thought you were scummier. Im at a stalemate.

Sniper said he didn't visit the target he used his power on.
No visit= no death?

If Sniper had used his power night 1, you would have been confirmed town throughout the entire game, and spiesr wouldn't have died proving it. It was worth checking, whether he believed it or not.

You made this up since I had never posted about visiting or not in the thread before this post. You got scared and hoped you could get out of this by having it slip through the cracks.

Yes this would be a very different game if I used it on night 1, but you would also be getting through with free kills during the night and little suspicion would be on you then.

skillfusniper33 wrote:
StubbsKVM wrote:My reason for the rolecop: I had the feeling they knew Saf was the busdriver. So I could only think of a rolecop to explain this. I still wonder how they knew. Maybe they just got lucky?

Watching Saf: I watched him because I knew Jonty would never die if he was around. So I was going to keep watching him until he died, so I could nail mafia. When he died, and I got no result, I was so frustrated I wanted to claim, just to clear it up. I even asked if it would be a good idea to claim at one point, and after some advice, I decided not to.

My reason for voting ghostly, because we were close to lynching him the day before, and he was still on top of my scum list.

I had no clue safari was a bus driver. I had a feeling he had some power role, but more like a body guard or a bulletproof.

If you say you can't come up with a plan to fake all your night actions then how did you come to this conclusion? It is pretty advanced for not understanding some of the actions.

My points in quoted text above.

StubbsKVM wrote:Actually that doesn't really matter.
I watched sniper.

And I'm not lying.

So he's scum.

I don't really see Why he would check my claim, after saying he was going to check new guy's.

As I said, I did not get a result yet.

Yet again letting mafia sway your way of thinking.

Really all in all you have been on the same thought path as lynx which really pushes me to believe my result on you to be true.

And your results

StubbsKVM wrote:On Night 1, I watched Lynx: No result
On Night 2, I watched Jonty: Safariguy(so I knew he was busdriver then)
On Night 3, I watched Safariguy: No Result
On Night 4, I watched Jonty: No Result
On Night 5, I watched Skill: No Result
On Night 6, I watched DJ: skill

All these results are just to convenient for my liking

Vote Stubbs
Major skillfusniper33

Postby skillfusniper33 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:01 pm

And now the response to Stubbs,

Point 1 If you don't second guess anyone's claim at points in the game it would make this way to hard for you. Of course I questioned whether or not NG was lying about his role. I also did have several occasions where I wasn't sure but then I would go back and look at his posts and they reconfirmed him being town.

Point 2 The way they were going at it, it was way to far for them to be trying to distance themselves and with lynx trying to lynch NG for the entire game it proves that they are opposite sides. Yes it was an option but the constant bantering was way to far. This is always an option for scum to do but since it started out on day 1. Yes I posted a thought about the game, did I know if it was true or not, no, but I left them out there. Stubbs you don't seem to leave very many thoughts more questions for people to answer for you.

Revert to my case for answering the second part of your case on point 2.

Point 3 I have believed NG's role for most of the game, as you have pointed out, and why would I want to change my vote when I still trusted it?

Point 4 I can't question how my role was made, it is all up to the mod. IMO this is a useless point since I can't change how my role works.
Major skillfusniper33

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 5 [7/13]

Postby StubbsKVM on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:34 pm

skillfusniper33 wrote:
lynx_ wrote:
skillfusniper33 wrote:I like the case on lynx, and he does seem to be really pushing everyone in the direction he wants.

What does the second part mean? Are you referring to me scum-hunting and trying my best to build a solid case on someone? :P

Also, have new guy and ghostly ever been scum together? If so, could someone link me please?

No, you seem to be able to manipulate everyone to do what you want, and when we can't you over-react on why we are wrong, not you. You have done it several times in this game.

new guy1 wrote:After doing research on various wiki's for everyone's roles, everyone else's role clears as far as flavor. Going off of least perfect fit as far as flavor flavor, skillful. While his character does authorize a wire tap which would be an option for a 1-shot lie detector, it is the only one that does not fit exactly... Besides that, I have no leads for tomorrow.

It would be hard for a mod to create a game where each character fits perfectly. And on my role, I have asked about my role, and visiting, I do not visit the players statement who I target.

Hello you liar. Bring the rope!
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:38 pm

You couldn't possibly know you were going to live this long. So saving it for this situation is a poor excuse.

I am content with my case on you and your big lie about not visiting I think should be enough to get you lynched.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:04 pm

He never lied though. Last I checked hes stuck with that story the whole time so why doubt its the truth? I am playing on my phone as I forgot my computer at home and wont have it the whole weekend. Right now stubbs, I wouldnt be comfortable with the case. Sniper is combatting all your points. Ill see if I can come back with my decision, but I hate hate hate playing on my phone plus I have to at least read my other games.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby skillfusniper33 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:38 am

new guy1 wrote:He never lied though. Last I checked hes stuck with that story the whole time so why doubt its the truth? I am playing on my phone as I forgot my computer at home and wont have it the whole weekend. Right now stubbs, I wouldnt be comfortable with the case. Sniper is combatting all your points. Ill see if I can come back with my decision, but I hate hate hate playing on my phone plus I have to at least read my other games.

Agreed about playing on your phone, it makes it extremely difficult, so please do come back and take a look once you have your computer.
Major skillfusniper33

Postby StubbsKVM on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:02 am

new guy1 wrote:He never lied though. Last I checked hes stuck with that story the whole time so why doubt its the truth? I am playing on my phone as I forgot my computer at home and wont have it the whole weekend. Right now stubbs, I wouldnt be comfortable with the case. Sniper is combatting all your points. Ill see if I can come back with my decision, but I hate hate hate playing on my phone plus I have to at least read my other games.

Are you serious? He just said I made up the part about visiting. Which he clearly said earlier.
Now I just get the feeling you don't want to believe me.

My case is strong enough. I am confident about that and I see no reason to stall this. I have pointed you at the evidence. If you don't want to see it, there is nothing I can do about it. I'm not going to put more time into this is you can't even see that lie.

Tell me again how you take a lie detector test without visiting your target.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby skillfusniper33 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:21 am

StubbsKVM wrote:

Are you serious? He just said I made up the part about visiting. Which he clearly said earlier.

My case is strong enough. I am confident about that and I see no reason to stall this. I have pointed you at the evidence. If you don't want to see it, there is nothing I can do about it. I'm not going to put more time into this is you can't even see that lie.

Do you know how easy it is to loose track of 1 post in a thread this large? I am sorry I forgot about when I said it, and couldn't find the post before.
Major skillfusniper33

Postby StubbsKVM on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:15 pm

That's not an explanation, now is it?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:01 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:

This is what I think will do it for me. Sorry for reading over that, it was on my phone and so I guess the small text made me occupy the part of my memory that sees those kinds of things. I have reread now that I am at a computer though. Because I have 4 days, and hopefully enough time tonight, I will be rereading everything both you and sniper have said, mostly coming down to the times where mafia members were in danger of being lynched (like lynx) and see how you both treated the situation. Right now, stubbs is going to win the argument because of that one comment on your part sniper, and while I understand you not remembering the situation, I dont see how you could make a post where I am telling you it is the final chance to show me who to lynch, and you then forget a point that you are trying to combat is true. Ill get back to you guys. Again, I am super sorry for making this last so long, its just so hard for me to end the game :D.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:13 pm

Alright, I did my research. And I am confident in who I vote, whether it is right or not, because the posts that I dug up were self incriminating on the person who was posting. I will allow few hour period before I drop the hammer for you to rebuttal, stubbs, but it is unlikely to sway my vote as ALL of your posts around the time of lynx's lynch were trying to help him, and in the end you still had not switched your vote. Alongside that, your vote was with him most of the time, and so I see no other alternative than you were scumbuddies.

StubbsKVM wrote:To be honest, Dj bothers me too. Why didn't he use his power on Jonty night 2, keeps going through my head.

Dj-ghostly scumteam is most likely for me atm.

This is the first thing I found odd. Here you try to question why Dj wouldnt use his action on jonty and yet now you question why he didnt use it on me Night 1.

StubbsKVM wrote:Dj and ghostly are either both scum or both town. I'm more inclined to believe town after recent events.
The thing that's still bothering me the most are my own night actions. Why did I not get results?? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Spiesr's actions have also been confirmed.

That leaves sniper, lynx and new guy.

All of who's actions are impossible to verify until dead.
unvote

Here you say dj and ghost are either both town or both scum. Ghost was town, so that leaves you as scum, right? Your words, not mine.

StubbsKVM wrote:I also want to point out that my role can easily be verified in the upcoming night by tracker and informant, if they're real.

If we really want to, we could ask ghostly to track me and say who I watched.

Ghostly ended up dead. Now either dj killed him or you, but youre the one who suggested it be done. From my perspective, because of the above reference, I am inclined to believe this was for brownie points.

skillfusniper33 wrote:I like the case on lynx, and he does seem to be really pushing everyone in the direction he wants. His claim seems kinda weird, since my understanding of the character is that he was more out for himself rather than the team. And he seems to be going behind several peoples back. I think he could be using the same name, but just changing his alignment, and role. Being completely bulletproof seems off for a cop themed show. I would have believed an X-shot since all cops wear a pullet proof vest for the raids.

I think he is also overreacting about the PGO role a bit. I know it is a very safe claim for mafia, but everyone else has let it go. Although this could be a nice play to draw distance between them, so New Guy can float to the end of the game.

Vote Lynx

I am also worried about DJ's role since he posted all of his actions after people posted theirs. He also targeted the same person who is dead, and didn't get targeted by anyone else the first 2 nights. This is a complex role, and if he is mafia, it is a very nice escape while providing a lot of details about who visited each person with information already provided.

Dj posts this. He had no second thoughts about it after I presented the case showing that lynx HAD to be scum. Sniper was on after ghost and I.

This conversation is spoiled to make it easier to group:

show

Your move stubbs. And sorry if it looks like Im being biased, but I have been inclined to believe you are the final scum.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:25 pm

This is the first thing I found odd. Here you try to question why Dj wouldnt use his action on jonty and yet now you question why he didnt use it on me Night 1.

You're mixing things up. I questioned why Sniper didn't use his power on you. DJ is a whole different story.

Here you say dj and ghost are either both town or both scum. Ghost was town, so that leaves you as scum, right? Your words, not mine

What?? Ghost = town, dj = town, sniper = scum? I don't get what you're trying to say here.

Ghostly ended up dead. Now either dj killed him or you, but youre the one who suggested it be done. From my perspective, because of the above reference, I am inclined to believe this was for brownie points.

DJ was town so he couldn't have killed Ghostly? And what's a brownie point?

I have no idea what this post is about New Guy, it even looks like you're mixing up me and Sniper?
Either way, if you're still not lynching Sniper after all this, I don't know what else I can do.
I already said I was wrong about Lynx, what more can I say?

Based on this, you want to vote me all of a sudden?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:54 pm

Oops, sorry it was a quick read through (after not delivering yesterday like I said I would) and so I got sniper and dj mixed primarily... Well I am at the end of the rope again... I still think you're scum, but you do present better cases then sniper... Ill think on it and vote in a couple hours, but my suspicion coming into today was that it was you, and so that is most likely how it will play out. Sorry if you're town, I understand the feeling, but I am indecisive obviously... lol
Sergeant new guy1

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives