Conquer Club

The Wire Mafia Day 6 [4/13]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 6 [4/13]

Postby StubbsKVM on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Oh come on, I am staying on to see if you're finally making the right decision. Don't stall this.

Just consider the lie detector claim. He doesn't visit his target. He lied about it. That is all just impossible. Everything else is not even important if you look at this.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:59 pm

Don't tell me I spent all this time on this case for you to go: "Oh I came in today thinking you're scum, so I'll just go with that."
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:13 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:Don't tell me I spent all this time on this case for you to go: "Oh I came in today thinking you're scum, so I'll just go with that."

How about you dont tell me how I play this game. I have admitted to you that I am awful at finishing games. I have admitted you make better cases.

This being said, I also told you that I was split down the middle, and so when you're split down the middle, what do you do? Go for the guy who has been playing a shitty town game up till the last day or the guy who has been playing a solid, even headed game, add on that the guy that has been looking like scum the whole game is your first suspicion and I have a pretty clear decision. If anyone is to blame for my delima, it is you for leaving the clues of a scummy player in a townie's footprints.

Because I have been lynched for bringing emotion into the game before, I will Vote stubbs on suspicion you are scum. I have brought emotion into the game twice and both times I was scum. Because of these past experiences plus the fact that you are the one pushing me into a decision, its on your hands. I will not say what I would have done later if you had so allotted me that time, but I will say the decision would not have been as rash. Good game to you stubbs, and I hope for town's sake I made the right choice.
Sergeant new guy1

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 7 [3/13]

Postby thechuck51 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:28 pm

Vote Count 7.1

- stubbsKVM (2) - skillfusniper, new guy1,
- skillfusniper33 (1) - stubbsKVM,

Not Voting:

stubbsKVM has been lynched.
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 7 [3/13]

Postby new guy1 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:46 pm

thechuck51 wrote:Vote Count 7.1

- stubbsKVM (2) - skillfusniper, new guy1,
- skillfusniper33 (1) - stubbsKVM,

Not Voting:

stubbsKVM has been lynched.

Now make a skimpy scene :D. I dont wanna wait for it XD
Sergeant new guy1

Postby thechuck51 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:05 pm

When you play the game, it's hard to tell the good guys from the bad. What are the cops that beat suspects or turn a blind eye to the plight of the inner city? Or the drug dealers that turn their neighbors into addicts and kids into hardened criminals?

Those that were left pondered such questions as they dragged the last suspect to the gallows. Despite her protests they lynched her with little hesitation.

show

The Wire Mafia [Mafia Wins!]

Postby thechuck51 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Newguy1, Roland "Prez" Prezbolewski (Town PGO) has been endgamed.

The Mafia: skilfusniper33 - Avon Barksdale (Mafia Godfather), betiko - Stringer Bell (Mafia Roleblocker), and lynx_ - Wee Bey Bryce (Mafia Ninja) has won!

unfortunately I can't get my hands on night actions due to some computer problems but when I get a chance I will post role PM's.

Some random thoughts:
- i really liked the prez/PGO role but I wish it would have played more of a role in the game. it was kind of a non factor since it was outed day 1.
- i gave the town a lot of investigative power knowing that it would be primarily useless on the ninja. but I thought they would be able to piece enough info together to make the roles usefull
- i'm dissapointed that the wire tap was killed so early. he would have received any PM's sent to the mod by the targeted player that night which would have been a boost to town.
- also disspoined that omar never shot. I nerfed him a good bit because he would "die" if he killed an innocent but I really wanted to write a good omar night scene.

Postby new guy1 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:26 pm

Well Ill be damned. Good game everyone, sorry about that one stubbs. I suppose you win some and you lose some. Unfortunately I threw aside the fact that sniper didnt talk much and assumed you looked scummier. Wow.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:01 pm

I am disappointed in the townies at the end. It was obvious that skill was scum the moment that he claimed stubbs was lying. Once the ninja flipped it was Stubbs was obviously telling the truth. I guess I shouldn't have risked killing myself to test Newguy. It seemed like a good idea once I was proven to be paranoid, but it seems I was needed alive...
Captain spiesr

Postby skillfusniper33 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:04 pm

Great Game all. This was a fun one for sure.

Here is most of the mafia information for those of you interested.
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/j96D5KTRCSabe

Oh by the way spiesr I wouldn't have posted that information if you hadn't done that. It was a hope that I could end it a bit quicker, and not have to go through another day, but the NL came the night before.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby new guy1 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:50 pm

spiesr wrote:I am disappointed in the townies at the end. It was obvious that skill was scum the moment that he claimed stubbs was lying. Once the ninja flipped it was Stubbs was obviously telling the truth. I guess I shouldn't have risked killing myself to test Newguy. It seemed like a good idea once I was proven to be paranoid, but it seems I was needed alive...

TBH Im disappointed myself. Not cause of stubbs, because the last day he did play like a good townie, but cause I always have the wrong guy in my head :D. I should have taken into consideration that stubbs was right about watchers and ninjas, but I have never played with a ninja before this game, and so I did not know if that was true or not and disregarded it. I was angry that you suicided into me, but I realized it was a good tactic to at least clear one of us, and so the anger subsided quickly. I guess thats all I have to say for now.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:34 pm

*sigh*

That's really disappointing after all the work I put in that case.

Oh well. It's just a game I guess

Well played mafia.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby lynx_ on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:45 am

GG town. It's been a while since I've been 'found out' quite as thoroughly as in this game.
This board has a different playstyle but it's been fun trying to figure it out.
Thanks chuck for the game!

And well done skillful for making it all the way, I thought you had a decent chance after that excellent bus!
Cook lynx_

Postby Djfireside on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:35 am

Damn I was actually right. I guess Ill take the crap award for missing the vote on it but I knew that since there was a ninja there would have to be a watcher and through all my research that was what I stuck with just didnt make it back in town in time
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby thechuck51 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:30 pm

Barksdale Organization/Mafia (3)

You are the Barksdale Criminal Organization

skillfusniper33, you are Avon Barksdale - Mafia Godfather
as Avon, you are immune to any cop investigation.
Possible Fake Claim: A.S.A Rhonda Pearlman - Town 1-Shot Lie Detector

betiko, you are Stringer Bell - Mafia Roleblocker
As Stringer, you are able to block one player each night from performing their night action.
Possible Fake Claim: Major William Rawls - Town Roleblocker

lynx_, you are Roland "Wee-Bey" Bryce - Mafia Ninja
As Wee-Bey, you are invisible at night to any watcher/tracker type role.
Possible Fake Claim: Detective Ellis Carver - Bulletproof Townie

Each night, you may PM each other to decide who you want to kill and/or roleblock.
Any one of you may PM me, or you may PM me individually, with the target(s) for your night actions as well as which one of you will carry out the kill.
Be warned however, that whenever you PM me, somebody may be listeningā€¦

You win when you equal or outnumber town or nothing can prevent that from happening.

Major Crimes/Town (10)

Welcome to the Major Crimes Unit

Jonty125, you are Detective Jimmy McNulty - Town Cop
As McNulty, you are able to investigate one player each night, You will receive a PM indicating an Innocent or Guilty result.
You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

kgb007, you are Lieutenant Cedric Daniels - Town JailKeeper
As Daniels, you are able to jailkeep one player each night, preventing them from performing any actions or having any actions performed on them.

ghostly447, you are Detective Leandor Sydnor - Town Tracker
As Sydnor, you are able to track one player each night. You will receive a PM indicating who your target visited that night.

stubbsKVM, you are Detective Kima Greggs - Town Watcher
As Greggs, you are able to watch one player each night. You will receive a PM indicating any players that visited your target that night.

safariguy5, you are Detective William "Bunk" Moreland - Town Busdriver
As Bunk, you are able to busdrive two players each night. Any actions aimed at one player will instead happen to the other (and vice versa).

newguy1, you are Detective Roland "Prez" Pryzbylewski - Town Paranoid Gun Owner
As Prez, you will shoot and kill any player that visits you at night.

Iron Butterfly, you are Detective Lester Freamon - Town Wire Tap
As Freamon, you can choose one player each night and you will intercept any Pm's they send to the mod that night.

**paranoid Cop**
spiesr, you are Detective Thomas "Herk" Hauk - Town Cop
As Herk, you are able to investigate one player each night, You will receive a PM indicating an Innocent or Guilty result.

Djfireside, you are Reginald "Bubbles" Cousins - Town Informant
As Bubbles, you can choose one player each night to investigate. You will receive a PM indicating any actions that were performed on that player.

Comrade Kirk, you are Omar Little - Town Pseudo-Vigilante Miller
As Omar, you can choose one player each night to kill. However, the killing of any Town member will result in you being being "arrested" (killed).
Also, you will come up as "Guilty" to any cop investigation.

Postby rishaed on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:22 pm

Theoretically shouldn't it be a tie though? SKill can't kill NG b/cs he a PGO in the night, and either it becomes a rat race in the day or it just ends like that?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby new guy1 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:42 pm

rishaed wrote:Theoretically shouldn't it be a tie though? SKill can't kill NG b/cs he a PGO in the night, and either it becomes a rat race in the day or it just ends like that?

Lol, I have had the same question before on a bulletproof townie vs mafia. The mafia's WC's are usually "become equal to or greater than the town in numbers" while town's is "eliminate all threats to town. Technically, I did not eliminate him, and he has reached his WC.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby betiko on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:48 am

haha! so we finally won! :)

oh well i got killed super early here, first time i win as a mafia! :D
well done skill and lynx!
Major betiko

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:58 am

new guy1 wrote:
rishaed wrote:Theoretically shouldn't it be a tie though? SKill can't kill NG b/cs he a PGO in the night, and either it becomes a rat race in the day or it just ends like that?

Lol, I have had the same question before on a bulletproof townie vs mafia. The mafia's WC's are usually "become equal to or greater than the town in numbers" while town's is "eliminate all threats to town. Technically, I did not eliminate him, and he has reached his WC.

It was a scenario I hadn't considered prior to the game but I went with the fact that the mafia achieved their win condition.

Postby new guy1 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:10 am

thechuck51 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

It was a scenario I hadn't considered prior to the game but I went with the fact that the mafia achieved their win condition.

I agree with the situation, if you were trying to tell me why I was wrong :D. If you were just reiterating, I agree :D
Sergeant new guy1

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:38 am

new guy1 wrote:
thechuck51 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

I agree with the situation, if you were trying to tell me why I was wrong :D. If you were just reiterating, I agree :D

sorry, I was trying to say your interpretation was correct.

Postby betiko on Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:58 pm

So let s say new guy wins with mafia, he becomes a soldout cop! ;)
Major betiko

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives