Conquer Club

Mystery Killer Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mystery Killer Mafia Day Three

Postby rishaed on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:04 pm

new guy1 wrote:Nooooooo, not pancake!!! WHY?!?!?!

Joking aside, anyone wanna fess up? I took another swing at jonty, just cause I didnt see any reason in picking someone else.

I will fess up partially.... I targeted you last night. I wasn't sure if I was the SK, (which means i did lie about me targeting Nendreel, however targeted falko). In this sense if you want to trust me, sure go ahead, if you want to lynch me i understand. However I feel that since NG1 didn't die last night I am in the clear as a Townie, and someone else is lying about their N1 actions.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby new guy1 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:12 pm

Well whoever's the sk is obviously lying about their actions :P. Its basically a lucky guess in killing them.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:49 pm

Joking aside, anyone wanna fess up? I took another swing at jonty, just cause I didnt see any reason in picking someone else.

First I targeted Aaage as well.

I find it curious you would ask a SK to fess up. Can you think of any reason someone who knows they are the killer would do so? You can't say you were joking either.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby new guy1 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I find it curious you would ask a SK to fess up. Can you think of any reason someone who knows they are the killer would do so? You can't say you were joking either.

Actually I can and will say I was joking. It was sarcasm. Explain to me how this day is different than day one besides the fact that we are missing a few more people and know that an SK is dead. How is today any different then a day one?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:24 pm

"joking aside, does anyone wanna fess up?"

I asked you a specific question that you completely avoided

The SK would know day one if his shot went through. Day two he would most certainly know. We have one dead person and on SK left. Now barring any roles we do not know about that would help sort through this game all we have to rely on is guess work.

You specifically stated, joking aside. If you are the SK and you have made a slip up your only defense is to claim sarcasm.

Vote Ghostly

Today is a lot different.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby gregwolf121 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:22 am

IB ghostly isn't in this game
Captain gregwolf121

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:38 am

I targeted new guy1 last night too.
show: Night 2

show: Night 1

Iron Butterfly wrote:"joking aside, does anyone wanna fess up?"

You specifically stated, joking aside. If you are the SK and you have made a slip up your only defense is to claim sarcasm.

Vote Ghostly

Today is a lot different.

I don't see how this would indicate that NG1 is the SK, even if it is a slip-up and wasn't a well thought through statement. You're saying he's the SK because he seriously asked others to confess their actions???

And yea, like gregwolf said, ghostly isn't even in the game. Do you know who you've been trying to pin a case on, or have you just been fine with pinning it on anyone that comes by, as long as it isn't you?
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:24 am

sorry...hes in my other game...as those who have played with me in the past know I mess up names alot.

Vote Newguy1

My logic is as follows.

We know we have an SK. We know one person died. Why would anyone care to "fess up" to targeting PCM?

He said "joking aside", which he said after joking about PCM being killed, which I interpret as he is no longer joking and asking a serious question.

Saying he was being sarcastic after saying "joking aside" does not ring true and feels more like damage control.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby aage on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:33 am

Targeted Ana again and will for the remainder of this game, my action does jack shit anyway.

Two relatively quiet people were killed by SK#2. I wonder why.

Rishaed, you know you're innocent if you are. I don't know why we're sharing our targets, but apparently we are; it'll do us no good, though. Even if you did target NG1 we have no way of knowing.

My suspects are mainly Tailgunner and Safariguy at the moment. Tailgunner because he tried to make IB suspicious "because he hasn't been forthcoming with his target", whilst (a) that doesn't matter and he knows it, (b) he is pretty quiet himself and (c) he came up with some mechanism that won't work because breaking the setup was already discussed pre-game. Safariguy because of this post... targeting yourself may be the most pro-town thing you can do, and saying you targeted yourself shouldn't matter. Any townie could say they targeted themselves. It's no different than saying "I targeted player X" whilst player X is still alive.

Also, this was Pancake's last post.
pancakemix wrote:Chuck, that's not possible. Falko had to have been killed by the other SK unless there is a third killing role. Are you suggesting that there is a third killer or looking for an easy lynch? Vote Chuck

I know I said tails was a likely lynch, but I really don't want that to happen. He's saying some good stuff right now.
Call it wifom but Tails and Chuck are explicitly mentioned here. Why else would the SK target Pancake (other than random.org)?

@everyone who targeted me, thanks I guess.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:37 am

Sorry for the doublepost, I forget things. vote tailgunner
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:35 am

aage wrote:Rishaed, you know you're innocent if you are. I don't know why we're sharing our targets, but apparently we are; it'll do us no good, though. Even if you did target NG1 we have no way of knowing.

My suspects are mainly Tailgunner and Safariguy at the moment. Tailgunner because he tried to make IB suspicious "because he hasn't been forthcoming with his target", whilst (a) that doesn't matter and he knows it, (b) he is pretty quiet himself and (c) he came up with some mechanism that won't work because breaking the setup was already discussed pre-game. Safariguy because of this post... targeting yourself may be the most pro-town thing you can do, and saying you targeted yourself shouldn't matter. Any townie could say they targeted themselves. It's no different than saying "I targeted player X" whilst player X is still alive.

We're currently still sharing our targets because we don't know if it might do us any good. But the possibility is still there, so I'd rather have the targets declared. As discussed on the previous day, there is the possibility of unknown roles other than an SK involved, so the information might come into use for whoever that is, at some point. Of course, such a role also might not exist, but since we still can't be sure, I do believe more information is better than none. Townies have nothing to lose by declaring their targets anyway, so I don't see why you're kicking up such a fuss about it...

aage wrote:Also, this was Pancake's last post.
pancakemix wrote:Chuck, that's not possible. Falko had to have been killed by the other SK unless there is a third killing role. Are you suggesting that there is a third killer or looking for an easy lynch? Vote Chuck

I know I said tails was a likely lynch, but I really don't want that to happen. He's saying some good stuff right now.
Call it wifom but Tails and Chuck are explicitly mentioned here. Why else would the SK target Pancake (other than random.org)?

Yes, Tails is mentioned there, but pcm was defending Tails. Why would Tails kill someone who was an advocate of keeping him around?
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby aage on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:52 am

anamainiacks wrote:
aage wrote:Rishaed, you know you're innocent if you are. I don't know why we're sharing our targets, but apparently we are; it'll do us no good, though. Even if you did target NG1 we have no way of knowing.

We're currently still sharing our targets because we don't know if it might do us any good. But the possibility is still there, so I'd rather have the targets declared. As discussed on the previous day, there is the possibility of unknown roles other than an SK involved, so the information might come into use for whoever that is, at some point. Of course, such a role also might not exist, but since we still can't be sure, I do believe more information is better than none. Townies have nothing to lose by declaring their targets anyway, so I don't see why you're kicking up such a fuss about it...

aage wrote:Also, this was Pancake's last post.

Yes, Tails is mentioned there, but pcm was defending Tails. Why would Tails kill someone who was an advocate of keeping him around?

Would you kill someone who is attacking you?
Anyway, as I said, call it wifom. if Tails is the SK, Pcm would be a good target.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby new guy1 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:38 pm

The joking aside was in response to the very sarcastic (and joking) statement:

If you were reading too far into the statement to mash it into the next comment I made, you have read too far, and should probably read the post in the context of "he had to make a joke prior to his comment "joking aside" in order for that to make any sense". Why would I say joking aside to start off my statement? Ah man guys, I had the funiest dream ever while I was sleep- oh crap pancakes dead...
Sergeant new guy1

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:42 pm

I targeted gregwolf again as my action does nothing.

aage wrote:tried to make IB suspicious "because he hasn't been forthcoming with his target", whilst (a) that doesn't matter and he knows it, (b) he is pretty quiet himself and (c) he came up with some mechanism that won't work because breaking the setup was already discussed pre-game.

a) If it doesn't matter why are we naming our targets? Ipso facto. Regardless, it was a simple oversight on my part. b) how is that relevant? c) I tried something but rushed the idea due to time constraints.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:19 pm

aage wrote:Targeted Ana again and will for the remainder of this game, my action does jack shit anyway.

Two relatively quiet people were killed by SK#2. I wonder why.

Rishaed, you know you're innocent if you are. I don't know why we're sharing our targets, but apparently we are; it'll do us no good, though. Even if you did target NG1 we have no way of knowing.

Also, this was Pancake's last post.

@everyone who targeted me, thanks I guess.

Certainly, if you're townie, then targeting yourself probably doesn't do anything. However, since nobody knows if they are townie or not, targeting yourself is like playing Russian roulette. Therefore, it is a high risk low upside play to me, and given that whoever is SK probably has a good idea of what they are at this point, at no point in this game do I think targeting yourself is a good idea.
Captain safariguy5

Postby / on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:20 pm

Vote count

Newguy: 1 vote; Iron Butterfly
tailgunner: 1 vote; aage

2 days left
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby jonty125 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:00 am

Sorry, I'm late. I targeted IB.

I see more in the Tails case than the newguy case, yeah it may be WIFOM but its better than the case on newguy, who quite clearly was been sarcastic about asking if the SK would fess up. Now that I think about this, I might vote IB, for not recgonising the sarcasm, which would indicate he is skimming.

Hmm, I place my vote tomorrow, when I've had time to rue over my thoughts.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:41 am

jonty125 wrote:Sorry, I'm late. I targeted IB.

I see more in the Tails case than the newguy case, yeah it may be WIFOM but its better than the case on newguy, who quite clearly was been sarcastic about asking if the SK would fess up. Now that I think about this, I might vote IB, for not recgonising the sarcasm, which would indicate he is skimming.

So you would vote me because I have a reason to vote?

skimming my ass.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby new guy1 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:

skimming my ass.

Skimming your ass? Who wants to do that? If you couldnt tell it was sarcasm then you have never played a game with me (which is a false statement). I have been told I have a meta of being extremely sarcastic when I get irritated/pissed off/think the cases are bs. You do not have a reason to vote because you took my words out of context to make it.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby / on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Same count as yesterday. In the event of a tie, one of those tied with the most votes will randomly be chosen to be lynched.
DL tomorrow
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby rishaed on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:37 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:

First off I will use this quote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:How unimaginative of you. I think anamaniacks summed it up pretty nicely:

anamaniacks wrote:Or, you thought that through, and decided that faking a target on Nendreel would make for a great way to clear yourself early in the game (as compared to giving a random name which doesn't add any meaning), when you really targeted Falko.dangit you played with me as the GF in Holiday mafia giving easier tells :cry: Then again, this is entirely WIFOM so I'm not going to vote just yet, but it is something to consider.And BOOM, you were right! That being said I would wager that those on Sheep are equally the same.

Applies just as readily to sheep.

-Tails

In this game as an SK you don't get many opportunities to clear yourself and gain some brownie points ;) . So for every possible SK the best option would be to say (like I did, that I targeted someone who MK'd/NK'd to put me in the clear). There are three options here:
1. Both IB and Gregwolf are telling the truth. (Result = both town)
2. Either IB or Gregwolf is lying. (Result= town/SK)
3. Both IB and Gregwolf lied about their actions. (Result =Town/SK).
With IB bringing a shoddy case onto NG IMO i will thus take the higher odds that one of them saw the opportunity and took it. (66%)
so vote Iron Butterfly This and the fact that he has targeted someone multiple people have targeted (WIFOM ik) makes him slightly suspicious to me. That and the fact that this is a slightly more decent case than the one he has on NG.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:39 pm

new guy1 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:

skimming my ass.

Skimming your ass? Who wants to do that? If you couldnt tell it was sarcasm then you have never played a game with me (which is a false statement). I have been told I have a meta of being extremely sarcastic when I get irritated/pissed off/think the cases are bs. You do not have a reason to vote because you took my words out of context to make it.

Sarcasm is a term used for the spoken word not the written. Sarcasm is determined by the inflection of ones voice. Sarcasm is very rarely if ever ambiguous while speaking where as with the written word it is how it is interpreted.

"Joking aside, anyone care to fess up? comes across as a serious question" not a sarcastic one.

Your opening statement about PCM could be construed as sarcastic because of the caps and over dramatic nature of it.

THAT is how I interpreted it.

I will say this. I will remove my vote if others think I am way off base with this.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby new guy1 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:13 pm

I can see where there was a mistake in translation, but can you really see me asking if anyone wants to fess up in a serious matter in a mafia game? I dont know about you, but when I play mafia, I dont expect the mafia to come out on a whim, and I would see any request for the scum to give themselves away as sarcasm.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby aage on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:22 am

Are we still discussing the sarcasm?

Good thing there's at least some people making a meaningful contribution.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby rishaed on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:49 am

aage wrote:Are we still discussing the sarcasm?

Good thing there's at least some people making a meaningful contribution.

Of course there are, however you guys need to make up your mind soon, deadline is today.... :!:

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives