Conquer Club

Mystery Killer Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mystery Killer Mafia Day Three

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:55 am

I find the issue over the sarcasm pretty laughable actually, haha. Don't see it holding much water either, and don't see anything suspicious about NG1's post, really. If I had to choose between the two (NG1 and IB), I'd say IB is more suspicious. So yes, IB, if you care to remove your vote on NG1 that'd be great (:

I'm looking at the posts, and have to focus on this one:
rishaed wrote:First off I will use this quote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:How unimaginative of you. I think anamaniacks summed it up pretty nicely:

anamaniacks wrote:Or, you thought that through, and decided that faking a target on Nendreel would make for a great way to clear yourself early in the game (as compared to giving a random name which doesn't add any meaning), when you really targeted Falko. dangit you played with me as the GF in Holiday mafia giving easier tells :cry: Then again, this is entirely WIFOM so I'm not going to vote just yet, but it is something to consider.And BOOM, you were right! That being said I would wager that those on Sheep are equally the same.

Applies just as readily to sheep.

-Tails

In this game as an SK you don't get many opportunities to clear yourself and gain some brownie points ;) . So for every possible SK the best option would be to say (like I did, that I targeted someone who MK'd/NK'd to put me in the clear). There are three options here:
1. Both IB and Gregwolf are telling the truth. (Result = both town)
2. Either IB or Gregwolf is lying. (Result= town/SK)
3. Both IB and Gregwolf lied about their actions. (Result =Town/SK).
With IB bringing a shoddy case onto NG IMO i will thus take the higher odds that one of them saw the opportunity and took it. (66%)
so vote Iron Butterfly This and the fact that he has targeted someone multiple people have targeted (WIFOM ik) makes him slightly suspicious to me. That and the fact that this is a slightly more decent case than the one he has on NG.

1. To be honest, I don't see why Tails and rishaed think people that claimed to target sheep did so in an attempt to earn brownie points. sheep was a modkill, and there would be no risk involved in giving such a claim. Though I will admit that it is still a convenient one (albeit no more convenient than claiming to target any other player).

2. rishaed conveniently leaves out of consideration the fact that he may be the SK - almost as if he doesn't want to remind us of that possibility. His alleged targeting of Nendreel, followed by his confession of really targeting Falko seems to me like an elaborate scheme (and a very good one) to gain the trust of the townies, in a game where opportunities like these are extremely rare.

3. rishaed does have a knack for appearing like a townie when he really is a mafia (and I mean that as a true compliment!)... So I'd rather eliminate that strong possibility. Vote rishaed.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:00 am

Oh, for those who don't know the context of my case in the previous post, there was some discussion that rishaed faked that he targeted Nendreel to earn brownie points with the townies.

How this would work is that since Nendreel was NKed by a SK, there would be some danger in 'confessing' to targeting him - at surface value of course. In actual fact, it is perfectly safe to do so because it becomes obvious that Falko killed Nendreel, thereby clearing the townie who was 'brave enough' to confess to targeting Nendreel.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby jonty125 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:44 am

Iron Butterfly wrote: Sarcasm is a term used for the spoken word not the written. Sarcasm is determined by the inflection of ones voice. Sarcasm is very rarely if ever ambiguous while speaking where as with the written word it is how it is interpreted.

Fine, if we want to be pedantic, he was been ironic.

vote IB, you seem to have reacted very aggressively to my case, and seem to be arguing over the finer points rather than the substance. I agree with anamaniacks over no brownie points earned for targeting sheep, a player that was modkilled. But his voting of rishaed because [paraphrase]he can't tell if rishaed is scum or town[/paraphrase] is weak, and WIFOM - it seems a bit like individualistic play to me (more concenered about himself than town, which would indicate he is SK).
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:59 am

jonty125 wrote:I agree with anamaniacks over no brownie points earned for targeting sheep, a player that was modkilled. But his voting of rishaed because [paraphrase]he can't tell if rishaed is scum or town[/paraphrase] is weak, and WIFOM - it seems a bit like individualistic play to me (more concenered about himself than town, which would indicate he is SK).

Heh, if that's what you got from my argument, then you've understood me wrongly. I mean that I believe rishaed to be an SK who is deliberately creating an infallible defence for himself, so that the townies won't think of voting for him. It's not individualistic, but I don't believe in voting for a player I don't really think is the SK, which is why I'm not voting for IB. Reactive overaggressively to the case when he wasn't a target at that point in time would only draw attention to himself - something an SK wouldn't want, if he didn't have a solid defence.

But I respect your opinion and your vote.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:42 pm

jonty125 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote: Sarcasm is a term used for the spoken word not the written. Sarcasm is determined by the inflection of ones voice. Sarcasm is very rarely if ever ambiguous while speaking where as with the written word it is how it is interpreted.

Fine, if we want to be pedantic, he was been ironic.

vote IB, you seem to have reacted very aggressively to my case, and seem to be arguing over the finer points rather than the substance. I agree with anamaniacks over no brownie points earned for targeting sheep, a player that was modkilled. But his voting of rishaed because [paraphrase]he can't tell if rishaed is scum or town[/paraphrase] is weak, and WIFOM - it seems a bit like individualistic play to me (more concenered about himself than town, which would indicate he is SK).

finer points? Substance? You have no idea who the hell town is. Pure guess work and pure speculation. Unless anyone has specific concrete information such as a night action EVERYTHING is WIFOM.

Ironic is not sarcastic so why would you confuse the two unless you wish to? My case was the first that came up and I took the bull by the horns so to speak. No more no less. I find it odd that after I tell everyone I will remove my vote you flip it on me and vote me.Unvote

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:22 pm

anamainiacks wrote:I find the issue over the sarcasm pretty laughable actually, haha. Don't see it holding much water either, and don't see anything suspicious about NG1's post, really. If I had to choose between the two (NG1 and IB), I'd say IB is more suspicious. So yes, IB, if you care to remove your vote on NG1 that'd be great (:

I'm looking at the posts, and have to focus on this one:
rishaed wrote:First off I will use this quote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:How unimaginative of you. I think anamaniacks summed it up pretty nicely:

anamaniacks wrote:Or, you thought that through, and decided that faking a target on Nendreel would make for a great way to clear yourself early in the game (as compared to giving a random name which doesn't add any meaning), when you really targeted Falko. dangit you played with me as the GF in Holiday mafia giving easier tells :cry: Then again, this is entirely WIFOM so I'm not going to vote just yet, but it is something to consider.And BOOM, you were right! That being said I would wager that those on Sheep are equally the same.

Applies just as readily to sheep.

-Tails

In this game as an SK you don't get many opportunities to clear yourself and gain some brownie points ;) . So for every possible SK the best option would be to say (like I did, that I targeted someone who MK'd/NK'd to put me in the clear). There are three options here:
1. Both IB and Gregwolf are telling the truth. (Result = both town)
2. Either IB or Gregwolf is lying. (Result= town/SK)
3. Both IB and Gregwolf lied about their actions. (Result =Town/SK).
With IB bringing a shoddy case onto NG IMO i will thus take the higher odds that one of them saw the opportunity and took it. (66%)
so vote Iron Butterfly This and the fact that he has targeted someone multiple people have targeted (WIFOM ik) makes him slightly suspicious to me. That and the fact that this is a slightly more decent case than the one he has on NG.

1. To be honest, I don't see why Tails and rishaed think people that claimed to target sheep did so in an attempt to earn brownie points. sheep was a modkill, and there would be no risk involved in giving such a claim. Though I will admit that it is still a convenient one (albeit no more convenient than claiming to target any other player).No it does generate brownie points.... It says that I targeted a Town Person (at night no less) who is proven town, and was killed by either the SK who died, or the Mod. In this case its the mod. ;) FoS anamainiacks This is essentially what I did with Nendreel only without the risk of catching any flack from it.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:03 pm

vote rishead

Personally i think the sk is laying low while we blab away as there is no reason for them to make waves. However I do not wish to die simply because I presented a case someone disagrees with.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby new guy1 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:04 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:vote rishead

Personally i think the sk is laying low while we blab away as there is no reason for them to make waves. However I do not wish to die simply because I presented a case someone disagrees with.

I will not vote you, as I can see your reasoning in not wanting to die for such a reason, its happened to me before.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby / on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:18 pm

Vote count

tailgunner: 1 vote; aage
Iron Butterfly: 2 votes; rishaed, jonty125
rishaed: 2 votes; anamainiacks, Iron Butterfly

Deadline has been hit, time to flip between IB and rishaed

Rishaed (town) has been lynched!

Night Three begins, you have 72 hrs.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: Mystery Killer Mafia Night Three

Postby / on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:44 pm

TA1LGUNN3R, town has been killed!

Day Four Begins
with 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch
72 hrs
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: Mystery Killer Mafia Day Four

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:34 pm

brrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnssssssssssssssssssssssssss

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby jonty125 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:13 am

I targeted aage last night.
Cook jonty125

Postby gregwolf121 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:21 am

i targeted tails last night
Captain gregwolf121

Postby new guy1 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:35 am

I targeted jonty again :P
Sergeant new guy1

Postby aage on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:49 am

gregwolf121 wrote:i targeted tails last night

Interesting.

As I said, animainiacks 4-ever.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby jonty125 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:08 am

aage wrote:

Interesting.

vote gregwolf121

I agree.
Cook jonty125

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:29 am

aage wrote:

Interesting.

I targeted aage. Glad I could return the favor ;) .

Not sure if greg is being an honest townie or an SK trying to gain trust though. Again, argument is admittedly WIFOM. At this point in the game, I guess it's pretty clear that there's no role other than just an SK, unfortunately. No other way of getting proper information.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby gregwolf121 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:45 pm

wow to be honest when i decided to be honest and report who i targeted i expected to have found myself lynched, but im glad im not,
@ana yes im being honest, i haven't lied about any of my targets
Captain gregwolf121

I can see you lurking there, sk. Lucky&unlucky number?

Postby aage on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:55 pm

anamainiacks wrote:
aage wrote:

Interesting.

I targeted aage. Glad I could return the favor ;) .

Not sure if greg is being an honest townie or an SK trying to gain trust though. Again, argument is admittedly WIFOM. At this point in the game, I guess it's pretty clear that there's no role other than just an SK, unfortunately. No other way of getting proper information.

All arguments in this game are wifom, I'm afraid. By the way, this is the second time Gregwolf targeted someone who died (although Sheep wasn't actually killed).

tailgunner wrote:I targeted gregwolf again as my action does nothing.
Greg, I suppose you targeted him for the same reason Animainiacks targeted me?

Been going over the list and over the posts, and concluded that today I should vote jonty. Sorry, no argumentation.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby / on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:35 pm

vote count

gregwolf121, 1 vote, jonty125
jonty125, 1 vote, aage

48 hrs, 4 to lynch
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:10 am

Vote jonty125. Just because he seemed pretty eager to get greg out.

If this fails, we might probably have to look at the inactives.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby gregwolf121 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:11 pm

i don't think there are any inactives, for today the only one who hasn't posted is IB, but on the whole everybody seems to be active
Captain gregwolf121

Postby new guy1 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:35 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:i don't think there are any inactives, for today the only one who hasn't posted is IB, but on the whole everybody seems to be active

As active as possible anyways. At least everyone posts their actions, but only a couple people are actually bringing up who we should lynch. I too will say I am willing to lynch jonty, but I will not put a vote on him, as he is L2. Obviously he can't claim against it, but I have never come to a situation like this where he cant have evidence and he is close to a lynch, so I dont know procedure for lynching in this scenario.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:46 pm

I also targeted tails last night.

Clearly, with regards to gregwolf, definitely could be WIFOM. But the SKer could basically claim targeting anyone with nobody able to disprove them one way or another. Therefore, I think jonty jumping to these conclusions seems pretty scummy.

vote jonty
Captain safariguy5

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:30 pm

I have not posted because i am not sure of what to say at this point.

I would vote jonty but it would be because I felt he used my case against me to get me lynched I found it interesting how he spread suspicion on others besides me as well. I would think the best weapon at this point is to make as many players look bad to keep us guessing.

I also notice that he did not keep the pressure on me today. If he felt so strongly yesterday about lynching me why not continue it? Instead he jumps on someone else reason.

could I be wrong? yup...but at this point it is a guessing game anyways.

I would hammer but I wish a consensus before doing so lest I get targeted for hammering.

Captain Iron Butterfly

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives