Conquer Club

End Game: Town Wins! (Island Mafia)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Day 5: Coming to a Close

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:19 pm

My name is Gilbert????
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:25 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:My name is Gilbert????

Lol, Im pretty sure. I have it in my notes for that, Ill check again just to make sure.
Sergeant new guy1

Re: Night 4: A Quick Day

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:09 am

new guy1 wrote:With almost half of the group dead, nobody dared be seen on the streets for risk of being killed or being the suspect of the next day's trials. Sneaking in the shadows though, there was much activity from many members of the group.

Gilbert slept inside his home, but was awoken by a branch snapping. He grabbed his gun and decided he would have more of a chance to ward off an intruder if he were outside, and so he stepped out of his house. He tried to concentrate, but couldn't hear anything with the waves crashing behind him. He decided to go into the woods and find his stalker himself, and started walking behind his house. He saw movement in the corner of his eye, but he was unable to draw his weapon to fire before he received a shot to the chest and another to his throat. He fell over desperately gasping for air which he could not conjure, and lost consciousness that would not return. His culprit ran away for he had another mission for that night.

So, we can assume that the mafia character IS also a roleblocker, as he killed and then had "another mission."
new guy1 wrote: Elsewhere, a man sat watching his target. He suspected this man of being a killer, and was not going to allow him to complete any tasks tonight. He reared his dart gun to eye level and with gallant precision shot at the man, but missed. He moved forward and raised his weapon to fire again, but another miss. This time when he moved forward, he fell into a pit fall that the town had decided to set up to try to catch food. He easily navigated his way out, but he no longer saw his target, and decided there was no more he could do about it. If the man was dead, he was dead.

This seems to refer to A roleblocker. However, the roleblocker is unable to block his target. Does that mean the mafia/SK is unblockable?

new guy1 wrote:A man was dead, but not in the same location. This man was in the forest with his throat cut. He was unfortunate enough to be coming home when he crossed paths, and with his untimely death, there would be no more protection from the killers in the night.

No real clues on the SK.

new guy1 wrote:Doomyoshi, Gilbert, Town Doublevoter has been shot!
Zimmah, Norris, Doctor has been stabbed!

Deadline is to be set at the 25th of June. Extensions may be requested. With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

So, Sheep and saf need to get their actions out there.

Also, Chuck, please claim all of your actions since N2. As JOAT, you should have used your powers by now. Also, I would like you to refresh my memory on what all of your JOAT actions were/are?

As for me, I guarded sheep last night. Why? Zimmah was so obvious in his posting that he was doc, I figured sheep might need me on him.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby gregwolf121 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:59 pm

great i had thought that since TFO was the godfather that jonty was the last of the scum and we just had to find the SK, but it looks like there are two left, one mafia and the SK.
so lets recap we have
sheep-cop
gregwolf bulletproof
saf roleblocker
neb bodyguard
chuck joat

but before i post who i think is lying i too want to hear what everyones night actions were
Captain gregwolf121

Postby sheepofdumb on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:48 pm

Tonight is the night I will probably die. Doc is dead and unless saf can save my ass there's not much I can do. Now I can tell you that Neb is scum. That will finish up one of the killers. I also think that greg is the other. But it could be chuck. Either way town should win. Vote Neb
I AM MASTER SHEEP, TEH AWESOME

DoomYoshi wrote:Test it on me. Tree stump is my favorite role anyway lol. Next time I am picking Wispy Woods as my character.
Corporal sheepofdumb

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:38 pm

sheepofdumb wrote:Tonight is the night I will probably die. Doc is dead and unless saf can save my ass there's not much I can do. Now I can tell you that Neb is scum. That will finish up one of the killers. I also think that greg is the other. But it could be chuck. Either way town should win. Vote Neb

I suggest nobody else vote me until you hear what Chuck has to say about his night actions. I can explain once we have his night actions. Scum must be found yet, and a speed lynch on me leaves you blind between saf and chuck.

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:00 am

I targeted Neb with my block. By the flavor of the scene, it sounds like the mafia roleblocker targeted me for the block which is why I was unable to block neb. This almost guarantees neb is one of the scum remaining. Even if sheep doesn't make it tomorrow, I may be able to clear someone based on my upcoming Night 5 roleblock.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:03 pm

Chuck? You going to post anything?

(Mod, can we get a prod on Chuck?)

Postby new guy1 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:13 pm

Ill prod em.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:00 am

Official Vote Count:

nebuchadnezer: Sheepofdumb (L-2)

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby thechuck51 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:44 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:As for me, I guarded sheep last night. Why? Zimmah was so obvious in his posting that he was doc, I figured sheep might need me on him.

So how exactly where you needed on sheep? Zimmah could still protect sheep even though he (zimmah) was night killed.
gregwolf121 wrote:but before i post who i think is lying i too want to hear what everyones night actions were

I didn't do anything last night. Saf blocked neb, sheep cop'd neb. neb protected sheep. What's your theory?

My biggest concern right now is that if the SK and mafia were to work together to get a mislynch they could eliminate the entire town by tonight.
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby thechuck51 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:46 am

I forgot to vote neb

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:09 am

thechuck51 wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:As for me, I guarded sheep last night. Why? Zimmah was so obvious in his posting that he was doc, I figured sheep might need me on him.

So how exactly where you needed on sheep? Zimmah could still protect sheep even though he (zimmah) was night killed.
gregwolf121 wrote:but before i post who i think is lying i too want to hear what everyones night actions were

I didn't do anything last night. Saf blocked neb, sheep cop'd neb. neb protected sheep. What's your theory?

My biggest concern right now is that if the SK and mafia were to work together to get a mislynch they could eliminate the entire town by tonight.

You're still dodging the questions of what your night actions were on N3. Why are you not forthcoming with everything? Trying to hid something?

There is a mafia roleblocker out there, which should scare town. I am not the mafia roleblocker. Chuck is our better lynch today, as I'm 100% sure that he is the roleblocker, and the most dangerous person to town right now.

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Even if he is roleblocker, I can just as easily block him and have our blocks cancel each other out. Regardless of whether or not he is roleblocker, I would think we have only 1 mafia member and 1 SKer left. A correct lynch should reduce the number of NK's to one, roleblocker or not.
Captain safariguy5

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:51 pm

chuck can you answer nebs questions, also by my count neb is L-1, as to my theory i was going to say that i was thinking neb was the SK, and based on what sheep said we know neb is scum, as to who the last scum is im not sure, im still undecided between saf and chuck,
Captain gregwolf121

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:02 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Even if he is roleblocker, I can just as easily block him and have our blocks cancel each other out. Regardless of whether or not he is roleblocker, I would think we have only 1 mafia member and 1 SKer left. A correct lynch should reduce the number of NK's to one, roleblocker or not.

True. Depending on how newguy1 operates. Let's say for instance, I was the SK. And let's say you tried to block me last night. And let's say Chuck blocked you last night. Now, from the scene, you were blocked, and I was not. In other words, Chuck's block went through first. Yours was negated. Therefore, you have no chance of blocking chuck tonight...and sheep dies. Then you're left to wonder who is really mafia...

In reality, it's either you or chuck. If I was the SK, I'm not really a threat to town anymore, am I? Wouldn't you rather get the roleblocker out of the way, and avoid having to make a tough decision?

Since Chuck is my only real option, and by now it should be clear to town that he IS the mafia roleblocker...vote chuck.

I can't win anymore, but I'd like to assist in taking down that last mafia, please.
(fastposted by Greg)
I am not mafia. Lynch chuck, and there are no kills tonight. Let me know if you need me to fill in the blanks on how I know Chuck is scum (besides the fact he doesn't answer my questions, doesn't reveal his night actions and goes into hiding).

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:00 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:Even if he is roleblocker, I can just as easily block him and have our blocks cancel each other out. Regardless of whether or not he is roleblocker, I would think we have only 1 mafia member and 1 SKer left. A correct lynch should reduce the number of NK's to one, roleblocker or not.

True. Depending on how newguy1 operates. Let's say for instance, I was the SK. And let's say you tried to block me last night. And let's say Chuck blocked you last night. Now, from the scene, you were blocked, and I was not. In other words, Chuck's block went through first. Yours was negated. Therefore, you have no chance of blocking chuck tonight...and sheep dies. Then you're left to wonder who is really mafia...

In reality, it's either you or chuck. If I was the SK, I'm not really a threat to town anymore, am I? Wouldn't you rather get the roleblocker out of the way, and avoid having to make a tough decision?

Since Chuck is my only real option, and by now it should be clear to town that he IS the mafia roleblocker...vote chuck.

I can't win anymore, but I'd like to assist in taking down that last mafia, please.
(fastposted by Greg)
I am not mafia. Lynch chuck, and there are no kills tonight. Let me know if you need me to fill in the blanks on how I know Chuck is scum (besides the fact he doesn't answer my questions, doesn't reveal his night actions and goes into hiding).

Well I was hoping not to divulge this but I haven't used my vig yet because I was waiting to be sure and since you've all but claimed SK if you survive the day I know where who I'm going to take my shot at.

I would like you to fill in the blanks, if you don't mind, as to why I am mafia.

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:52 am

hmmm, i think its a better idea to kill the known scum, because if we mislynch here town loses, so if we take out the known one, it would be three to one going into the night, and worst case is that tomorrow it would be 2 to one, but at that point we would know who scum was and town wins, but id also like to hear your reasons, neb so share
Captain gregwolf121

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:32 pm

How would I be scum greg? My roleblock directly led to the GF lynch. No way a mafia roleblocker would sacrifice GF.
Captain safariguy5

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:38 pm

forgot about that, sorry, my thought was along the lines of occam's razors, the simpleist solution is often the right one, and its fairly simply for a mafia roleblocker to simply claim town roleblocker, same role but different alignment, and that was my thought.

the question now is do we want to discuss more or should we lynch neb now?
Captain gregwolf121

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:03 pm

Okay, here's my reasons that Chuck is scum:

1. His refusal to give information on his actions.
a. He claims JOAT...but a JOAT with only Roleblock, investigate and vig. Why no Doc? Don't JOATs typically have 4 abilities?
1) He used Investigate N1
2) He used roleblock N2
3) He claims to have done nothing...leaving his vig ability.
b. On top of this, he has been rather stingy with the details of his night actions until pressed.

2. On D3, Chuck called me out for being SK. This was when his choice was between Jonty and me. He KNEW Jonty was mafia, therefore narrowing in on me as the SK. He was pretty confident in his call. The only way he could be so confident is because he's mafia, and had more information than anyone else. Fortunately, for me, he couldn't elaborate on his case more or questions may have come up about what he all knew.

3. We know there is a mafia roleblocker. N2, both Chuck and Saf claimed to block somebody. There have only ever been 2 roleblocks each night. As I see it, there are only 2 possibilities...both of which involve Chuck lying. LAL applies here.

4. We know Sheep is clear. We know who I am. Let's look at the other possibilities:
a. Chuck is mafia roleblocker - Most likely option.
b. Chuck is town JOAT - This means Greg is clear, per Chuck's investigation, leaving Saf as the mafia roleblocker. I find this unlikely given saf's contribution and the fact that it leaves the other roleblocking ability gone...which can't happen.
c. Chuck is town JOAT, Greg is mafia? - Highly unlikely that mafia had two godfathers and one was also a roleblocker.
d. Sheep is mafia? Highly unlikely as we had a backup cop, with no counterclaim to the cop role.

That's why Chuck is the mafia roleblocker. Will town win if they leave him until tomorrow...odds are 75 - 25 in town's favor, I think. However, saf cannot block chuck as proven with last night's actions. Leaving sheep dead, and the last two town to question who they should trust. It's much cleaner for town to lynch Chuck today, and leave me for tomorrow. Much cleaner.

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:17 am

Neb, why in the world would we trust you? you've admitted to being the SK but now you would like to do whatever you can to help town win? I don't see you as the type of person that doesn't play to his win condition so I don't think you would just decide to help town unless it benefits you. If town mislynches today it loses. That's your only chance of winning. So i see no reason to pass up a sure thing because the SK has a hunch.

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:23 pm

thechuck51 wrote:Neb, why in the world would we trust you? you've admitted to being the SK but now you would like to do whatever you can to help town win? I don't see you as the type of person that doesn't play to his win condition so I don't think you would just decide to help town unless it benefits you. If town mislynches today it loses. That's your only chance of winning. So i see no reason to pass up a sure thing because the SK has a hunch.

Well, that was an excellent rebuttal (sarcasm).

Yes, it does seem as if I am doing all the work here...you're welcome town!

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Regardless, if you ARE the SK, it still makes sense to lynch you neb because you guarantee that we have one less NK.

vote neb
Captain safariguy5

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:35 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Regardless, if you ARE the SK, it still makes sense to lynch you neb because you guarantee that we have one less NK.

vote neb

Well, it was my last chance. I had to try something. 8-)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives