Conquer Club

End Game: Town Wins! (Island Mafia)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Day 6: The Final Day

Postby new guy1 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:45 pm

ROLE PM's

show

NIGHT ACTIONS

show
Sergeant new guy1

Re: End Game: Town Wins!

Postby new guy1 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Alright, time for the hidden theme. The hidden theme is that roughly, each of your names had a meaning behind it. For instance, Frederick, the mafia GF, means "merciful leader", which I meant to add irony there. If anyone wants the complete list of meanings, I can find them, but the reason why it would have been a game changer is because I did not give mafia fake claims, and so they would have to come up with roles for themselves to claim. It could virtually win the game just by observing and researching their names. I mostly came up with the secret theme because I didnt want the game to be another unthemed game, but I couldnt come up with a bunch of islander names :D. Also on day one, I saw that some people were saying the opening scene was a bit revealing as it told you all their was an SK, but I figured with a ratio of 9:3:1, town:mafia:SK, that town might need at least some heads up and so I figured it was justified... Plus I enjoy writing scenes, so I wanted to write one.

I feel like I might be forgetting something, but cant recall it, so if I am forgetting something or you have questions, feel free to express them! Thank you all for playing, and for those who volunteered to be replacements in the game, and I dislike that I had to give hints, and will no longer use detective and cop interchangeably, and I hope you all genuinely enjoyed the game.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby thechuck51 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:59 pm

GG all

What was the secret theme?
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby new guy1 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:21 pm

thechuck51 wrote:GG all

What was the secret theme?

Final post by myself :D
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:13 pm

this was fun to watch, even when I was not in myself.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby gregwolf121 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:37 pm

good game, really enjoyed it. now i got some comments and questions
@new guy what would have happened if it came down to me and chuck, how would you have worked that out,
@chuck why didn't you kill sheep the last night, you knew he was the cop, if you had killed him you would have stood a better chance of convincing me you were town.
to everyone, during the second day i hinted that i was a watcher, in order to draw fire from the mafia, cause i was bulletproof, hence wasting the mafia's kill, but what im wondering is, how effective was it?
Captain gregwolf121

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:53 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:good game, really enjoyed it. now i got some comments and questions
@new guy what would have happened if it came down to me and chuck, how would you have worked that out,
@chuck why didn't you kill sheep the last night, you knew he was the cop, if you had killed him you would have stood a better chance of convincing me you were town.
to everyone, during the second day i hinted that i was a watcher, in order to draw fire from the mafia, cause i was bulletproof, hence wasting the mafia's kill, but what im wondering is, how effective was it?

Good game all. Overall, I guess it was pretty balanced. The SK, however did not really stand a chance. Town had a huge amount of power.

I did think that the stories did give away too much. It basically confirmed claims. Also, having newguy basically tell town that sheep was the cop/detective was a major blow to the scum.

I did enjoy the game, though. Lots of fun, and my first fakeclaim that was somewhat successful. Well played town.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby aage on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:15 pm

So did both of you target me during n1?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:38 pm

aage wrote:So did both of you target me during n1?

Look at the actions. Yes.

I thought you were the doc.

Postby thechuck51 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:03 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:good game, really enjoyed it. now i got some comments and questions

I figured I was kinda screwed either way. I thought that maybe sheep NOT dying might make me able to convince you he was scum.
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Good game all. Overall, I guess it was pretty balanced. The SK, however did not really stand a chance. Town had a huge amount of power.

I did think that the stories did give away too much. It basically confirmed claims. Also, having newguy basically tell town that sheep was the cop/detective was a major blow to the scum.

I did enjoy the game, though. Lots of fun, and my first fakeclaim that was somewhat successful. Well played town.

i never should have called you out as SK. if I could have gotten you to work with me somehow we could have taken out town and then I could have blocked/killed you at the end.
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby new guy1 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:04 pm

If it had come down to you two, then I guess I would have gone by the role PM's, and since you would not have eliminated all the threats to town, you did not win. He wins because he owns more than 50% of the population, which was his WC.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:

Good game all. Overall, I guess it was pretty balanced. The SK, however did not really stand a chance. Town had a huge amount of power.I disagree. What I think was the downfal of mafia/ was bad luck. A kill was lost night one because both targeted agee. An extra Town PR death could have turned the tide.

I did think that the stories did give away too much. It basically confirmed claims. Also, having newguy basically tell town that sheep was the cop/detective was a major blow to the scum.I will agree on that. By day three we had all the bad guys narrowed down to a pool of 5 players. But yes the night scenes pretty much acted as a road map.

sorry neb but you fooled no one...especially with your, Whats the diff between sk kills and mafia" That was th kiss of death for you.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:

Good game all. Overall, I guess it was pretty balanced. The SK, however did not really stand a chance. Town had a huge amount of power.I disagree. What I think was the downfal of mafia/ was bad luck. A kill was lost night one because both targeted agee. An extra Town PR death could have turned the tide.

I did think that the stories did give away too much. It basically confirmed claims. Also, having newguy basically tell town that sheep was the cop/detective was a major blow to the scum.I will agree on that. By day three we had all the bad guys narrowed down to a pool of 5 players. But yes the night scenes pretty much acted as a road map.

sorry neb but you fooled no one...especially with your, Whats the diff between sk kills and mafia" That was th kiss of death for you.

You're right. I sucked. Hopefully, one day I will play this game at a higher level...

Postby zimmah on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:23 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:

Good game all. Overall, I guess it was pretty balanced. The SK, however did not really stand a chance. Town had a huge amount of power.

true that, i didn't really believe sheep until he was kind of mod-confirmed.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:19 pm

Tough spot for chuck at endgame. I personally would have offed sheep and tried to convince greg that he was the town roleblocker. Voting sheep when the cop hadn't been killed yet basically sealed it.

I think the opening scene may have been a bit too revealing. As for the scenes, I think it was only informative because people either made the right moves or got lucky. Once we started losing the backup roles, it became more and more likely for the roles with night actions to be involved in the kill somewhat. Maybe cut it down to only roles that affected or prevented the kill instead of having a bunch of related actions in the scene.
Captain safariguy5

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:36 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:

You're right. I sucked. Hopefully, one day I will play this game at a higher level...

I've never won as SK. It's on my bucket list though.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:28 am

I did think my name being Butler was slightly curious, but I let it be.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:00 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:

I've never won as SK. It's on my bucket list though.

the closest ive gotten was arkham city, i would have been lynched if the game hadn't stalled out, but up to that point town thought i was a vig
Captain gregwolf121

Postby aage on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:02 am

jonty125 wrote:I did think my name being Butler was slightly curious, but I let it be.

When I saw that name I was convinced for a moment this was Artemis Fowl-themed.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:30 am

FTR, the theme I thought of was that we had a backup cop and doc but no actual cops and docs. That's how scummy sheep still was to me lol. I didn't believe he was cop until I died.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives