Conquer Club

A Darker Shade of Black Mafia [6/14] Endgame:Rebuilding

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: A Darker Shade of Black Mafia [8/14] D4 The Source of Li

Postby jonty125 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:37 am

Hmm, in the scene saf is described as pure light, but his role is translucent light.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:32 pm

jonty125 wrote:Hmm, in the scene saf is described as pure light, but his role is translucent light.

And?......

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby jonty125 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:51 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
jonty125 wrote:Hmm, in the scene saf is described as pure light, but his role is translucent light.

And?......

Well they are different things. Pure light, would be 'white light'. But translucent light, I'm not even sure if that is possible. Because if an OBJECT is (optically translucent, if you want to be techincal) translucent it partially lets through light. And light is a wave (we think, lets think of it like a wave, it makes things so much simpler). Now light cannot be described as translucent as we judge if something is translucent by whether light passes through it. It's like entering a pie, into a competition. There is an apple pie, steak pie and a pie pie. What is a pie pie? Is it possible? It definitely isn't an apple pie, which is the crux of my argument.
Cook jonty125

Postby strike wolf on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:44 pm

This argument is coming in a game where we've had a confirmed character who was A Darker Shade of Black. You must also consider that it's a mod confirmed role so why are we arguing it?

I will have to reread before I can make up a decision on who to vote for. I haven't really gotten any good reads so far in this game to be frank.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby jonty125 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:43 am

strike wolf wrote:This argument is coming in a game where we've had a confirmed character who was A Darker Shade of Black. You must also consider that it's a mod confirmed role so why are we arguing it?

I will have to reread before I can make up a decision on who to vote for. I haven't really gotten any good reads so far in this game to be frank.

True that.
Cook jonty125

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:01 am

Hmmm, it's pretty amazing that aage's fakeclaim was the exact role that safari was given though... Wondering if that has any implications. 'Translucent Light' is not exactly a term you'd make up. But either way both of them are now dead, so...
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby rishaed on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Since very little discussion is going on the Deadline is next wednesday EST
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby gregwolf121 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:50 am

okay well it took me longer than i thought but i finally got around to rereading the posts, as i said in my last post of the 8 players left alive 3 can reasonably said to be town, myself as claimed cop, IB is the doc, and i investigated SW last night and found him innocent, so that leaves five unknowns, Jonty125, Anamainiacks, Edocsil, StubbsKVM, TheForgivenOne. that being said i focused on their posts as i reread, i didn't find much but i'll post what i got.
I'm going to use spoilers so that this isn't a super long wall of text post, that and it helps to keep things organized.

first Edocsil
show

next stubbs
show

Third Jonty
show

next TFO
show

finally anamainiacks
show

once again sorry it took so long, as to who i think is scum and who is town, im not 100% sure on any of them, from most likely to be town to most likely to be scum i'd say the order is jonty, stubbs, edoc, TFO, ana.
i won't vote yet, as i'd like to hear others opinions, and i want some answers then ill decide who to vote for
Captain gregwolf121

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:11 am

I do want to apologize for my basically no posting on d2. Doom's whole "Bote" thing was just confusing me beyond anything. I can't remember my reasoning for leaning towards cult (Herpdaderp), I might have been mixing this game up with the D&D game. I think it might have been the whole "darker shade" think made me think cult. Cult be shady.

I will try to recap my thoughts tomorrow, as I'm busy all day today. I wanted to explain my reasoning for quietness for d2.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:34 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:in the first quote it seems that ana is questioning dooms plan, and saying that it won't work/that it is a bad idea, then in the second quote says dooms plan wasn't bad, and in the third says the plan was a good one and that it made sense,
to me the second and third posts say the opposite of what was said in the first, so ana clarify this if you would

Sure, I'll clarify (: (If everyone doesn't mind, I won't quote the quotes themselves - they're rather long, so I hope people don't mind just scrolling 2 posts up.)

In my first post you quoted, I was questioning Yoshi's response to saf's - i.e. whether we should still test the system if all that resulted from it was the loss of powers. For the reasons mentioned, I don't think it would've been advisable.

In my second and third posts, I was referring to Yoshi's plan as it was initially presented - a way through which we could have had multiple lynches without night coming into play, assuming the penalty for the colour mention was indeed death. Many 'days' with no nights (when mafia and SKs rule)? Yep, seemed like a good plan, in essence.

The assumption through which Yoshi decided that rulebreakers would be punished by death and not anything else, I felt was a separate matter that I did address as well in the second post, saying,
anamainiacks wrote:The way I see it, if the rulebreaker dies, then Doom is SK because he was way too sure about the effects of the rule. If the rulebreaker doesn't die, then Doom was just extremely foolish in assuming it resulted in death; no implications on alignment, and still could be any of the 3 (town, mafia, SK)."
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby rishaed on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Due to large amounts of inactivity I have prodded everyone. This game is around halfway done, so please finish it without being harsh.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby strike wolf on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:00 pm

Havent finished rereading. Out of the cases gregg posted, if I had to vote, i would probably choose Jonty from that list but none of them seem overly compelling.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby gregwolf121 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:31 am

well i'd still like to hear from everybody else before we decide who to lynch so i'm basically waiting for others to share their opinions
Captain gregwolf121

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:16 am

strike wolf wrote:Havent finished rereading. Out of the cases gregg posted, if I had to vote, i would probably choose Jonty from that list but none of them seem overly compelling.

I agree with SW. We have not much to go on, Jonty seems like the best vote to me. Seems overeager to jump the BW's.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby jonty125 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:37 am

I wasn't looking to join wagons for the sake of it, because they were the best cases at time of print.
Cook jonty125

Postby StubbsKVM on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:20 pm

I don't really have much to go on. And I'm still terribly busy at work.
Edoc is the one that bothers me most tbh. Especially this:

Yeah, anyone who was not keen on hanging Doom is on the chopping block today IMO. Sadly I am one of the folks he spent a lot of time defending him D2

Looks very forced.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby jonty125 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:02 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:I don't really have much to go on. And I'm still terribly busy at work.

Yeah, anyone who was not keen on hanging Doom is on the chopping block today IMO. Sadly I am one of the folks he spent a lot of time defending him D2

Looks very forced.

Would you volunteer with glee, a lead to follow which points to yourself?
Cook jonty125

Postby edocsil on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:51 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:I don't really have much to go on. And I'm still terribly busy at work.

Looks very forced.

Tbh I personally think the best course could easily been seen to hang folks who supported Doom. I was really hoping someone of those few would say something particularly dumb so I could make a case vs them that is stronger than the identical argument verse me.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:54 pm

vote jonty

two out of 5 are mafia. Im going with the odds and the the circumstantial evidence.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby edocsil on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:00 pm

I'll follow the Doc

Vote jonty.

Also to clarify, he was not one of the ones voting DY, hence vote.
Edoc'sil

Re: A Darker Shade of Black Mafia [12/14] D2 Mysterious Mess

Postby gregwolf121 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:46 pm

jonty125 wrote:vote DoomYoshi for his strawmanning on aage.

edoc jonty did vote for doom, he was the second to do so,
Captain gregwolf121

Postby edocsil on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:09 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:

I went back to look before voting, and assumed that was why IB placed his vote, and I didn't see his name on the appropriate VCs. Could you link the vote for me, and a page number so I could see some context too?

I'm taking another look for the vote too :|
Edoc'sil

Postby edocsil on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Ugg. Found it right away. IB what was the circumstantial evidence you were referring to?
Edoc'sil

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:56 pm

edocsil wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:

I went back to look before voting, and assumed that was why IB placed his vote, and I didn't see his name on the appropriate VCs. Could you link the vote for me, and a page number so I could see some context too?

I'm taking another look for the vote too :|

First unvote jonty and vote Edocscil

I voted jonty and I overlooked his doom vote. I figured Id get the ball rolling vote wise. You certianly jumped on jonty real quick without doing the research. In fact I have never known you to acknowledge anything in agreement with me so quickly if at all in a mafia game. :D

the circumstantial part I referring to was his vote history. Now I will admit I have done some dumb things impulsively and the jonty vote may be one.

I do find it fishy that you are asking people to do your homework for you. I think you followed me because you knew I was wrong and now your trying to cover your ass *grin*. My impression of you is that you really are trying very hard...

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby edocsil on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:13 pm

Go f*ck yourself? Your entire shitty argument is a troll. I've been drinking so this about the best argument your going to get out of me.

Sue me, I thought the one fucking confirmed townie back from the dead did his homework. Statistically, if you name people at random and we hang them town is likely to win. If you do better than random, the odds are really in out favor.
Edoc'sil

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives