Conquer Club

A Darker Shade of Black Mafia [6/14] Endgame:Rebuilding

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: A Darker Shade of Black Mafia [6/14] Endgame:Rebuilding

Postby aage on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:25 am

rishaed wrote:Im amazed that not a single major power role died in the first few days. And how close Aage came to his win condition...... (if TFO hadn't bussed him N1/N2 then Aage would have also won).

Yeah. I should've gone for investigate immune. I figured dead was dead, but getting called out could be extended by one day. All I needed to do was kill two people... although in hindsight they both were half-unkillable anyway.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby rishaed on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:36 am

aage wrote:
rishaed wrote:Im amazed that not a single major power role died in the first few days. And how close Aage came to his win condition...... (if TFO hadn't bussed him N1/N2 then Aage would have also won).

Yeah. I should've gone for investigate immune. I figured dead was dead, but getting called out could be extended by one day. All I needed to do was kill two people... although in hindsight they both were half-unkillable anyway.

Which is also why I gave you a stronger SK role to balance that. Honestly I was expecting you and Safari to have a bit more of an intrinsic role in the gameplay, but somehow you both got killed. That and it was similar to looking for 2 needles in a haystack. I was expecting the busdriver/roleblocker combo to be even, but the busdriver in this small of a game (partially because of its effectiveness) blew the RB out of the water.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Re: A Darker Shade of Black Mafia [6/14] D5 Unplanned accide

Postby strike wolf on Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:05 am

anamainiacks wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:
rishaed wrote:Overall TFO is definitely my choice for the MVP of this game. This game would have been much different except from by his night actions.

:oops: I lucked out, that's it. I should have noticed that they were going after Safari exclusively, should have stayed on him n3.

I don't understand why Ana killed Stubbs :?

I honestly thought we targeted Jonty in N1, but DY sent the action in, so I don't know what was said in the end. Agree with that TFO's bussing was amazing though.

With 7 alive and 2 of us, we needed to survive 2 nights (assuming successful kills) and 1 day. Getting through 1 day without either of us getting lynched was going to be tough - Stubbs had a case building against him, and I had no town cred. Between the ?'s of TFO, SW, Jonty, Stubbs and me, Stubbs seemed to be most people's lynch target for today, even more so if one of the unconfirmed towns were killed at night. And winning was close to impossible if either of us were to be lynched. So the best chance we had was for either greg or IB to be killed at night, but IB was sure to doc greg, and the bus driver was sure to target one of them.

We decided for me to target Stubbs in the end because we thought the bus driver MIGHT bus drive Stubbs and one of IB or gregwolf. If it worked, it'd clear Stubbs in the eyes of our bus driver, and get rid of one of the major town power roles. So yea, it was an all or nothing move.

Anyway, had we done either of our other plans (kill IB block greg / kill greg block IB), we would've ended up with greg with no results and Jonty dead, or greg with results and with nobody dead.

Yet Jonty was the second highest lynch suspect after Edoc yesterday. I don't think you should have focused on him being the probable busdrive. It was too much of a stretch.

I would have played it as such:

1. Assume the busdriver would target IB to protect him.
2. Assume IB will protect Gregg.
3. Roleblock Gregg so he doesn't get a result.
4. Kill Strike Wolf as the most vulnerable town aligned player.

Assuming a successful roleblock, no one was really that suspicious of you or Stubbs, town probably would have mislynched Jonty and you would be very close to winning.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby edocsil on Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:15 pm

No one but me? I named stubbs, just before I was so dumbly lynched.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby strike wolf on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:35 am

edocsil wrote:No one but me? I named stubbs, just before I was so dumbly lynched.

Yes but you were dead and the only one I remember naming him. As mafia I would have assumed that you were not listened to as most aren't just before the lynch. Gregg is a bit of proof to that as he decided to investigate a different player.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am

I think that my role was the best one to counter the rule on Day 2. Probably why I pushed Doom hard on it.

Also, have to say that no power roles dying for the first few days really made me sit on the revive until IB got killed.

Was kind of surprised IB was the night kill target, the unvote at the very end of the day was exceedingly suspicious and I thought mafia could have driven a mislynch. I was about to as well until he ended up dead.
Captain safariguy5

Postby rishaed on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:48 am

safariguy5 wrote:I think that my role was the best one to counter the rule on Day 2. Probably why I pushed Doom hard on it.

Also, have to say that no power roles dying for the first few days really made me sit on the revive until IB got killed.

Was kind of surprised IB was the night kill target, the unvote at the very end of the day was exceedingly suspicious and I thought mafia could have driven a mislynch. I was about to as well until he ended up dead.

IB died b/c he was busdriven (with you if i remembered correctly) It would have been an interesting mislynch seeing as he would have claimed doc. He might have been able to get out of it if he interpreted the first scene right, since he was in it.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:51 am

rishaed wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I think that my role was the best one to counter the rule on Day 2. Probably why I pushed Doom hard on it.

IB died b/c he was busdriven (with you if i remembered correctly) It would have been an interesting mislynch seeing as he would have claimed doc. He might have been able to get out of it if he interpreted the first scene right, since he was in it.

Yep. If I remember correctly, I was getting vibes that someone wanted Saf dead. That's why I bussed him again on n2. Unfortunately, I bussed him with our Doc *Doh*. I would have again on n3, but I really really figured they would try to kill the cop.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:42 pm

Ya know...I forgot he would be lynched regardless of me removing my vote.

I was fooled by Dooms aggressive play. In the end I really believed he played it like a VT as a Mafia Godfather is usually a lot more low key.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:32 am

Yeah, tough to Meta someone. Actually, I thought Doom played pretty much normally up to his style, I just couldn't shake the feeling that he was jumping to conclusions with the auto death for the rule thing. If he were a townie, could have given the SKer a lot of ammunition to stay alive longer.
Captain safariguy5

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives