Conquer Club

[Official] D&D Mafia ~ Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] D&D Mafia ~ Endgame

Postby edocsil on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:49 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
spiesr wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:The factions that I am aligned with won.
Lawful Good lost.

I ws just coming to delete that post.

It doesn't change thhe fact the edoc effectively modkilled me out of spite for not playing to his ideal form. It doesn't change the fact that he modkilled betiko after forcibly claiming him.

I told him repeatedly that I would kill him if he continued to harass me about that. I acted as best as I possibly thought I could and I replied in the thread when I should have responded in PM. He both posted and PMed me, and I didn't think the post through when I replied, and I thought that his post in the thread had more information divulged than it did. That should have been the end of it. He continued to pester me and rant in PM and after a while I explicitly told him that one single more post on the mater would result in a mod kill. The entire conversation is on page 21, although he didn't bother to copy some parts of it, which I included the end of it. In the end I thought that he made it clear what his on class was with the post
betiko wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I kind of have a thing like that but I think it's more of class like Elf or Gnome.

actually i kind of had a thing after race which is a very common french word (therefore thought it was used sometimes in english) but if you invert 2 letters it would make more sense and would become kind of a class thing in english. I'll have to ask edoc (edoc if anyone bothers me about it thanks to confirm publically that if it's the case you made a typo in my pm)

If you go and bitch out a guy who is in charge of a game, it won't end well for anyone involved. When he thought he could toe the line with me, I would not tolerate that.

I am not a perfect mod, far from it in fact. I made several mistakes in this game that altered the flow of the game. I noted that you lost your BP, it is very possible that I wrote down an action that was supposed to hit someone else, and then corrected it without removing the note by mistake or a few other things, and I apologize for my mistake, you should have still been alive. It was not out of "spite" or any other sort of foolishness. I have a few plans in place for a later game, which likely wont happen till next semester, that will help me keep track of role PMs and scene results. I am not an organized person and these games, especially complex flavor ones like this, take a lot of planning to pull off well and it's not a process I have terribly streamlined yet, despite the number of games I have hosted.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby edocsil on Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:48 am

blakebowling wrote:
edocsil wrote:The winners were:

Spiesr
Epitaph1
Rodion
rishaed
strike wolf
TheForgivenOne

It looks like most the people want to go with the choice of 3 months premium/CCup entry for all winners.

Rodion REALLY won the game for his team the last day, and I think that it would be cool if perhaps he got a little bit more of a prize, either 6 months, or perhaps both entry and 3 months, but if this isn't in the cards that is not an issue. Should I have everyone PM you with their award choices?

Actually, I'm feeling generous.

I'll offer both prizes. One Year of Premium to the MVP and 3 months or a cup entry for all other winners (assuming one of the winners gets MVP).

So, rodion mvp and 1 year premium, and all the players can PM their choice to blakebowling?
Edoc'sil

Postby strike wolf on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:43 pm

@Rodion: Yeah, just talk to Blakebowling and he should be able to arrange it.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby edocsil on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:05 am

strike wolf wrote:@Rodion: Yeah, just talk to Blakebowling and he should be able to arrange it.

Yeah I talked to him. He just needs to know what people want, either the entry or the premium, because they can pick either prize.
Edoc'sil

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:11 am

This ranks as one of the funnest games i've been in Edoc. You should be proud of yourself.

Remember, This is a game, and pobody is nerfect. People make mistakes, and you need to live with it.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:50 am

I just had a look at this page (didn't read anything since my modkill).
Edoc, your attitude in our PMs was horrible. I tried to soften things several times, but you kept on talking to me with your young prick tone and blaming everything on me. You dealt with that situation the worse way possible, and I received PMs from any players after that telling me they though it was unjustified; aage and safari were on your side though.
Talking nicely, or with a minimum of respect has never hurt anybody. Mostly when you screwed up (I certainly had my share of responsabilities, but you definitely weren't going to meet me half way).
Major betiko

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:54 am

betiko wrote:Edoc, your attitude in our PMs was horrible.
Talking nicely, or with a minimum of respect has never hurt anybody. Mostly when you screwed up (I certainly had my share of responsabilities, but you definitely weren't going to meet me half way).

I have similar sentiments in regards to betiko and DoomYoshi.

Edoc I understand you have a difficult job modding this game that we all enjoyed. I respect and thank you for that. I also understand that real life gets in the way and makes it EVEN HARDER to mod a good game. Not to mention these new mechanics. Please dont take my post as complaining, but more just constructive criticism. Take it or leave it.

1) Consider bringing a co-mod in to help out. I personally think the vote counts were kind of sparse this game, and I think with all these different actions and factions, someone to double check work could have caught some mistakes.
2) Take some responsibility. For example, here is the latest conversation with DoomYoshi.

Here you just say "I dont know". That is not an acceptable answer. You are the mod, it is your JOB to know. Either find him an answer, say you are looking into it, or apologize and take responsibility.

edocsil wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:What happened to my bulletproof?

The actions don`t show anyone else targeting me.

I don't know, I have it noted as you lost your BP, so perhaps and action didn't make it into the log.

Well, there is a bit of pattern to the alignments.

Greg was good/neutral and com neutral/lawful IIRC

Here DoomYoshi expresses his disappointment a second time. You fire back in a way that attacks him. "What is your point and you said he played terribly." That is neither here nor there, and is unrelated to the problem he is bringing up. Yes it may not have ultimately affected the outcome of the game, but either way, DoomYoshi dedicated lots of time and effort into the game, he feels wronged in this situation. Again, no apology was given, when you were the sole person responsible for this.
edocsil wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I`m contesting these results until I get a satisfactory answer.

And that's going to get you a what exactly? You played pretty terribly as a whole, and are one of the largest reasons beyond betico that the balance was so lopsided. I did warn what would happen if you went and blew you daykill early. You were never going to win as a in essence VT, when there was nothing left to find the scum with.

It was finally a third time, when DY brought up the issues that you finally apologized. Which was also surrounded by excuses which also dont really matter.
edocsil wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
spiesr wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:The factions that I am aligned with won.
Lawful Good lost.

I ws just coming to delete that post.

It doesn't change thhe fact the edoc effectively modkilled me out of spite for not playing to his ideal form. It doesn't change the fact that he modkilled betiko after forcibly claiming him.

I am not a perfect mod, far from it in fact. I made several mistakes in this game that altered the flow of the game. I noted that you lost your BP, it is very possible that I wrote down an action that was supposed to hit someone else, and then corrected it without removing the note by mistake or a few other things, and I apologize for my mistake, you should have still been alive. It was not out of "spite" or any other sort of foolishness. I have a few plans in place for a later game, which likely wont happen till next semester, that will help me keep track of role PMs and scene results. I am not an organized person and these games, especially complex flavor ones like this, take a lot of planning to pull off well and it's not a process I have terribly streamlined yet, despite the number of games I have hosted.

In summary, I am personally willing to have this water go under the bridge and forgotten. However these 2 players put their time and effort into this game just as you have and they felt things were unjustly handled. You could argue that if they dont like you, they dont have to join your games, however, I don't think that is the proper way to handle things either. This mafia group is a small community on CC and we need all the players/mods we can get.

You had a lot on your plate for this game and I respect that. However that was your choice as well. I think next time get someone else to help out so have more time to work on the important things, or own up to your mistakes more and show that you care about each player. Dont just shrug and say oops that was a mistake.

My 2 cents, please dont take it out of context. I will continue to play games with you, but this is just my honest opinion
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:14 pm

My feelings are that this is a game where a little respect goes a long way. Disagreements between mods and players can be resolved respectfully. Keeps the tempers in check on both sides and leaves the door open for continued gaming in the future.
Captain safariguy5

Postby edocsil on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:45 pm

betiko wrote:I just had a look at this page (didn't read anything since my modkill).
Edoc, your attitude in our PMs was horrible. I tried to soften things several times, but you kept on talking to me with your young prick tone and blaming everything on me. You dealt with that situation the worse way possible, and I received PMs from any players after that telling me they though it was unjustified; aage and safari were on your side though.
Talking nicely, or with a minimum of respect has never hurt anybody. Mostly when you screwed up (I certainly had my share of responsibilities, but you definitely weren't going to meet me half way).

I suggest you go read the PMs again. Given that you are French I assume English is a second language, so you may feel that I was more rude than I intended to be. You repeatedly express your opinion that I am young or immature, when you are only a few years older and quite hot headed yourself. You escalated things in a scenario where I have total authority and that will not end well for you. I am still not sure that you understand that when a mod tells you something that it is not an option to simply ignore the command.

I was a dick, you were a dick. Don't expect an apology when people are rude to each other, this isn't grade school. If its any consolation I feel badly about how it turned out, but I expressly said I would modkill you if you PMed me about it again. There was nothing left I could do. You asked me to confirm that I made a mistake in the PMs and that is exactly what I thought I did. Perhaps if I had thought about it more I would have thought to just say that the typo was clarified, rather than exactly what it was, but as it was I thought you had already told everyone your class in one of your comments. (the thought being what class sounds French, and there being only one) I didn't modkill you directly for being rude or some similar garbage, I modkilled you because my only options were to kill you, or to set a precedent for allowing players to not follow the rules. You are welcome in any of my future games, and I don't bear you any ill will over this, but I still don't know what I could have done differently after our last PM.

MoB Deadly wrote:Co modding and Doom Yoshi

I have tried co modding and it hasn't gone well, not because of conflicts with the co mod, but with co mods abandoning the site mid game. However, something along these lines is to have someone go over the role PMs again and then fact check them vs the game sheet. Beyond that double checking night actions and their results is a huge one, as well as proper documentation of the night actions. I know this is were the issue with DY cropped up. Having someone QA the night's results would really help accuracy.

I am slightly annoyed with the statement of taking responsibility. It was an honest answer, I didn't know, nor did I have the tools to examine what happened. I received over 200 PMs through out the game, and I do not have a record of the earlier days besides my log and my character sheet. I guess I could have said "Sorry, I don't know", but that would really do anything to fix the mistake would it? I was pissed at the way he ignored his win condition, and ruined the game for several other players for no apparent reason, so an apology of some sort was not high on my priority list.

safariguy5 wrote:My feelings are that this is a game where a little respect goes a long way. Disagreements between mods and players can be resolved respectfully. Keeps the tempers in check on both sides and leaves the door open for continued gaming in the future.

As always, the voice of reason. This is why you are one of the more respected members here.
Edoc'sil

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:09 pm

Well I apreciate your answer, had you answered somehow like that at the time it sure wouldn't ve escalated that way. that incident disgusted me from mafia games, and didn't join any till then. At some point i saw that you were looking for a replacement as it was written on the title and I saw it from the menu. I thought why not... but I don't know, when i'm in a mafia game I tend to be in only 1 at a time and I get obsessed with it, posting way too much and bugging people! :D

(PS: edoc, I was your age before the 9/11 attack, and you were probably 8 or so at the time, so there is indeed a generation gap ;) )
Major betiko

Postby Commander9 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:31 pm

Since there seems to be some confusion, I didn't originally start as Chaotic Evil. I was, in fact, lawful neutral before the shit went down and I was recruited. That was so frustrating... I hate being recruited by cult especially when it ended so soon and without any way for me to do anything.

safariguy5 wrote:My feelings are that this is a game where a little respect goes a long way. Disagreements between mods and players can be resolved respectfully. Keeps the tempers in check on both sides and leaves the door open for continued gaming in the future.

Pretty much this.

If I'm the mod: I always try to be respectful and try to fix errors that I've made ASSUMING it's the possible. However, with that in mind, my word is still final and non-contestable. I always establish in the rules that I will have the final word and authority and if the player breaks the rules or disagrees, I will not be afraid to mod-kill them (heck, I modkilled Safari before :lol: ). That is the extreme action and it should only be used at extreme cases, but while I'd have probably reacted to the PM's differently than Edoc, I do agree with the modkill, because you do not want to set a precedent where rules can be ignored.

If I'm the player: I always try to be respectful and while I do ask and make inquiries, I never push them too far and if I think that a mod has made a mistake, I try to settle it after the game (assuming it's not an easy fix). I always try to remember that mods are people too :lol:
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby edocsil on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:34 pm

There we are. Awards are out, good game everyone, until next time.

The can be archived now.
Edoc'sil

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives