Conquer Club

[Official] D&D Mafia ~ Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] D&D Mafia ~ Endgame

Postby edocsil on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:11 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:What happened to my bulletproof?

The actions don`t show anyone else targeting me.

I don't know, I have it noted as you lost your BP, so perhaps and action didn't make it into the log.

Well, there is a bit of pattern to the alignments.

Greg was good/neutral and com neutral/lawful IIRC
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Re: [Official] D&D Mafia ~ N4 ~ 7/19

Postby Rodion on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:31 pm

strike wolf wrote:I am wondering who you suspected as the cult recruiter. I had a few slight suspicions but nothing solid.

I didn't bother with that. With a shortlist of 5 (9, but I happened to know the 4 mafia that couldn't be recruiters), Aage's roleblock, Yoshi's DK and a lynch, I thought that we'd be able to quickly off the recruiter (if not with the D3 lynch, with D4's at the latest). I was also afraid to try and NK a recruiter who we all thought to be bulletproof, hence I suggested to kill claimed players.
General Rodion

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:11 pm

Ok, who wants to fess up?

According to stubbz he didn`t do it.

Based on what spiesr said, dazza/spiesr didn`t do it.

Sniper in a weird leap of faith?
That wouldn`t make too much sense.

Jonty never made it to night 1.

Safariguy is the only killer left. I don`t understand why he would jumpkill N1.

Saf, did you do it?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:47 pm

Hmm, so there weren't any Good/Chaotic aligned players at all?

Never once suspected that there would be 4 mafia - thought it'd be too overpowered with 4 mafia and 1 recruiter all together. Though I think one of the Good/Neutrals' main undoing was the loss of our cop before the game even went into night.

But Rodion's confession speech is really spectacular, especially now knowing that they were 2 Evil/Neutrals and just 1 Evil/Lawful. Didn't see TWO's kill coming.

Thanks for the interesting game, edoc! Certainly was unconventional.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Had I made it another night, I would have gained powers and had a doctor save to use...I thought I was so close...but now seeing 4 mafia, I'm glad I didn't get dragged through that. ;)

Good game, Edoc. Thanks.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:28 pm

w00t! Man, I was not 100% sure how to handle that last day. I truly and honestly thought Mafia were lying about something, that's the main reason I did bus myself with Rodion. And It looks like I went from a game where my drives were invaluable, to basically being a VT as I essentially only drove a roleblock onto myself :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby aage on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:02 am

Why does Greg show as Chaot/Evil in your sheet?

All in all mafia was on one hand kinda lucky, on the other very strongly positioned. It was obvious that the Chaots and the Lawfuls didn't want to cooperate with town, even though I urged numerous times that they would, since they were too obsessed with rooting out their counterparts. This allowed the mafia to easily swoop in and snatch victory, despite Rish's mistakes. Commander was the most expendable member of the mafia team role-wise, so he was the best worst case scenario for an early loss. After cult went down, it seemed nobody gave a damn about finding scum any more. In hindsight it's only logical because two thirds of the good/neutral players were dead by that point already.

Despite that, I think this was an awesome game. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Epitaph1 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:06 am

I really enjoyed this game. The alignments made for a lot more gamesmanship than the typical town v. mafia setup. When Rodion made his pitch at the end, I was surprised how quickly players agreed to his offer--but that's what the various alignments allowed.

jonty fakeclaiming at the beginning set the tone that the chaotic was not a desirable alignment. That made the mafia's lives easier since it drove a wedge between the town.

I thought SW was N/N prior to his claim.

After the recruiter was killed (I had no idea Neb was the recruiter btw), it was funny to see a lot of people dismiss the existence of the janitor. Rish almost seemed indignant that people weren't giving the janitor credit anymore. :lol:

I also laughed out loud when MoB got silenced and then everyone agreed to lynch him at the end. Rough day for him.

I'd give Rodion MVP if we go that direction. But I'm not opposed to giving out premiums to the winners. :D
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Postby edocsil on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:16 am

aage wrote:Why does Greg show as Chaot/Evil in your sheet?

Cult Recruit, It was a living document, so it doesn't have it's original state.

anamainiacks wrote:Hmm, so there weren't any Good/Chaotic aligned players at all?

Never once suspected that there would be 4 mafia - thought it'd be too overpowered with 4 mafia and 1 recruiter all together. Though I think one of the Good/Neutrals' main undoing was the loss of our cop before the game even went into night.

But Rodion's confession speech is really spectacular, especially now knowing that they were 2 Evil/Neutrals and just 1 Evil/Lawful. Didn't see TWO's kill coming.

Thanks for the interesting game, edoc! Certainly was unconventional.

2 of the Choat/Nuetr JOAT were supposed to be Chaot/Good, but I fucked up role pms. Between their powers and the cops, this would have been a lot simpler for the town.
Edoc'sil

Postby strike wolf on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:37 pm

All in all mafia was on one hand kinda lucky, on the other very strongly positioned. It was obvious that the Chaots and the Lawfuls didn't want to cooperate with town, even though I urged numerous times that they would, since they were too obsessed with rooting out their counterparts. This allowed the mafia to easily swoop in and snatch victory, despite Rish's mistakes. Commander was the most expendable member of the mafia team role-wise, so he was the best worst case scenario for an early loss. After cult went down, it seemed nobody gave a damn about finding scum any more. In hindsight it's only logical because two thirds of the good/neutral players were dead by that point already.

Don't look at me. I actually tried to support your viewpoint early on, it was mostly Doomyoshi that kept driving the wedge. Of course, Jonty fake claiming lawful did not help.

Epitaph1 wrote:I really enjoyed this game. The alignments made for a lot more gamesmanship than the typical town v. mafia setup. When Rodion made his pitch at the end, I was surprised how quickly players agreed to his offer--but that's what the various alignments allowed.

jonty fakeclaiming at the beginning set the tone that the chaotic was not a desirable alignment. That made the mafia's lives easier since it drove a wedge between the town.

After the recruiter was killed (I had no idea Neb was the recruiter btw), it was funny to see a lot of people dismiss the existence of the janitor. Rish almost seemed indignant that people weren't giving the janitor credit anymore. :lol:

I also laughed out loud when MoB got silenced and then everyone agreed to lynch him at the end. Rough day for him.

I'd give Rodion MVP if we go that direction. But I'm not opposed to giving out premiums to the winners. :D

Yeah. I had figured Rish was mafia but his janitor arguments...I really thought he was not the janitor even if there was one.

Well I was going for somewhere around g/n to n/n so I guess that works out.

I could agree with Rodion getting the MVP if we go with one person. He contributed as much to the win as anyone. Though I have to say that you and Spiesr (for what little time he was in the game) played your parts well too. Doctor was a good claim though admittedly you were still pretty high up on my lynch list after Rodion. The end of the day when you did come out with being Evil/Lawful openly, sealed in my mind that Rodion was telling the truth about both of you being lawful. Still...

*Silences all living evil neutrals for lying and breaking vows. YOU MUST OBEY THE LAW!*

One question about TFO's Role. So he had unlimited bulletproofs?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:56 pm

I don't believe I tried to kill anyone Night 1, I recall telling Mob that we should save our NK's because if one of us was killed/lynched, the other would need the means to kill the killer.

I figured Lawful was going to go after Chaotic early mainly because Chaotic lost quite a few members early on. That put Lawful ahead in numbers of players theoretically. Probably obscured the good vs. evil spin. Targeting me (the neutral person) probably didn't do lawful any favors. I got taken out early which put Mob in a tough position, I figured if we could survive a couple nights, the JOAT powers would be much more useful in terms of investigations. One good investigation on alignment followed by a vig kill near LYLO would have been useful. Unfortunately, the survival till the lategame got diverted by the daykill.
Captain safariguy5

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:22 pm

I`m contesting these results until I get a satisfactory answer.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:24 pm

strike wolf wrote:

Don't look at me. I actually tried to support your viewpoint early on, it was mostly Doomyoshi that kept driving the wedge. Of course, Jonty fake claiming lawful did not help.

Epitaph1 wrote:I really enjoyed this game. The alignments made for a lot more gamesmanship than the typical town v. mafia setup. When Rodion made his pitch at the end, I was surprised how quickly players agreed to his offer--but that's what the various alignments allowed.

Yeah. I had figured Rish was mafia but his janitor arguments...I really thought he was not the janitor even if there was one.

Well I was going for somewhere around g/n to n/n so I guess that works out.

I could agree with Rodion getting the MVP if we go with one person. He contributed as much to the win as anyone. Though I have to say that you and Spiesr (for what little time he was in the game) played your parts well too. Doctor was a good claim though admittedly you were still pretty high up on my lynch list after Rodion. The end of the day when you did come out with being Evil/Lawful openly, sealed in my mind that Rodion was telling the truth about both of you being lawful. Still...

*Silences all living evil neutrals for lying and breaking vows. YOU MUST OBEY THE LAW!*

One question about TFO's Role. So he had unlimited bulletproofs?

Nope. It was a 1 shot. My original thought process of claiming that the cult was out there early on, was the hope that it would attract the cult AND watcher onto me. My 1 shot would save me from being culted, and the watcher would see that cult visited me.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby strike wolf on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:30 pm

Not a bad strategy. I had kind of figured you for a cult-proof role but that doesn't mean everyone saw it as I did.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:39 pm

It was either that or try and hide in the background and just survive. I wanted to help, but didn't want to bring TOO much attention to myself. I realized that claiming I was blocked wasn't helpful, and the reason I mentioned aage blocking me again on d3 was because I thought it was odd he would block me again. I sent in my PM early on and forgot I had switched myself and Anam, which blocked myself.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby edocsil on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:59 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I`m contesting these results until I get a satisfactory answer.

And that's going to get you a what exactly? You played pretty terribly as a whole, and are one of the largest reasons beyond betico that the balance was so lopsided. I did warn what would happen if you went and blew you daykill early. You were never going to win as a in essence VT, when there was nothing left to find the scum with.
Edoc'sil

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Honestly, I would think that my claim with the cult recruiter still out there would be pretty low on the kill list. Dunno what you saw with the daykill there Doom.
Captain safariguy5

Postby spiesr on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:02 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Honestly, I would think that my claim with the cult recruiter still out there would be pretty low on the kill list. Dunno what you saw with the daykill there Doom.
He saw a person with an alignment that had to die before he could win. (And one that others would be less likely to kill for him.)
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:09 pm

How did I play terribly? The factions that I am aligned with won.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:13 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:The factions that I am aligned with won.
Lawful Good lost.
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:15 pm

spiesr wrote:
Lawful Good lost.

I ws just coming to delete that post.

It doesn't change thhe fact the edoc effectively modkilled me out of spite for not playing to his ideal form. It doesn't change the fact that he modkilled betiko after forcibly claiming him.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Rodion on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:51 pm

Strike, Saf, Edoc, mods - let me know if I can split the 3-month prize into smaller portions and donate them. Thanks!
General Rodion

Postby rishaed on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:36 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
spiesr wrote:
Lawful Good lost.

I ws just coming to delete that post.

It doesn't change thhe fact the edoc effectively modkilled me out of spite for not playing to his ideal form. It doesn't change the fact that he modkilled betiko after forcibly claiming him.

Hardly. I doubt edoc would do that. Anyways what good does it do to contest these results other than getting yourself blacklisted from later games by edoc (which I must say are usually really, really well setup). Accept that somehow shenanigans happened and you died. Also Mafia had an unblockable kill so if they used it on you, you would have died anyways. Quit the qq'ing and just move on. I don't really know you as this kind of person normally so its somewhat annoying to see it come out of you in quite a few of your games recently.
Betiko killed himself. Don't blame the mod for that its just poor sportmanship.

Also Rodian that confession at the end was pure genius. =D> =D>
Also wondering why no one used the fakeclaims that I had gotten as a Janitor. I couldn't b/c of my bluff w/ DY, I had cornered myself with my wordplay. I forced myself to claim n/n. Though it let my buddies know that TFO was neut/neut so they didn't waste a kill.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:39 pm

Rodion wrote:Strike, Saf, Edoc, mods - let me know if I can split the 3-month prize into smaller portions and donate them. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you can. Not sure about how that is set up, probably strike would know?
Captain safariguy5

Postby spiesr on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:47 pm

rishaed wrote:Also wondering why no one used the fakeclaims that I had gotten as a Janitor. I couldn't b/c of my bluff w/ DY, I had cornered myself with my wordplay. I forced myself to claim n/n. Though it let my buddies know that TFO was neut/neut so they didn't waste a kill.
Epitaph used the Doctor claim from Commander. The others weren't really viable when it came claim time.
Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives