Conquer Club

[Official] D&D Mafia ~ Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] D&D Mafia ~ D4 ~ 8/19

Postby strike wolf on Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Actually, I would like to see Spiesr use his two doc ability to protect me and TWO, just for insurance. Unless of course he can use the ability on himself and then I'll let him decide which two out of me/him/TWo should be protected.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby spiesr on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:06 pm

strike wolf wrote:Actually, I would like to see Spiesr use his two doc ability to protect me and TWO, just for insurance. Unless of course he can use the ability on himself and then I'll let him decide which two out of me/him/TWo should be protected.
I can use it on myself for some reason. I intend to do as you said here Strike, and as long as TFO refrains from moving to protection to one of those marked for death it shouldn't screw up the plan Rodion laid out.
Vote MobDeadly
Captain spiesr

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:34 pm

Daykill Rodion

Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby spiesr on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:15 am

Rodion wrote:
edocsil wrote:Scene.

Daratris Falconsflight snuck behind a confused adventurer and slipped a gag around his mouth. He had many years ago sworn a vow of nonviolence, so gagging his opponent would have to do.

MoB Deadly has been silenced. This only removes his vote for the day.
Are 5 votes still required for the lynch?
Did we ever get an answer for this? I had forgotten the possibility when I voted, I am not sure I was 100% ready to hammer.
MoB Deadly wrote:Daykill Rodion

So, is this a real ability of yours that you kept hidden until now or just a dead man flailing? (If the former is it too late?) I don't recall Doom Yoshi having to post his daykill.
Captain spiesr

Postby Rodion on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:43 am

Nothing to fear.

1) MoB is likely bluffing.
2) Even if he isn't, I'm bulletproof.
3) If he's serious AND his kill is unblockable (or I've already lost my BP without notice), pact remains unchanged. 7 alive, 4 needed to lynch, so you just lynch MoB anyway. 6 alive, 5 after mafia's NK. Then it's either endgame (Epi or Anam L/E) or lynch the survivor between Epi and Anam (Epi and Anam both N/G) to reach endgame.
General Rodion

Postby edocsil on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:22 am

No scene.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby spiesr on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:25 am

edocsil wrote:No scene.
How many votes are required for a lynch?
Captain spiesr

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:31 am

There also is the possibility that Rodion is lying about his and/or his scum buddy's alignment, with one of them being Neutral Evil. I honestly believed from the start that the number of N/E would be larger than L/E.

If that's the case and you guys follow his plan:
D4: MoB lynched
N4: anam/Epi killed
D5: anam/Epi lynched
N5 with 2 scum and 3 town. Scum makes their kill and they win WITHOUT any of you guys.

I understans that Rodion gets trust points for admitting to be Evil. But he and his scum buddy still can lie about their powers and have a way of making sure their kill on N5 doesn't get blocked or redirected.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby edocsil on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:32 am

8 players, so 5.

VC

Mob Deadly (4) ~ Spiesr, two, strike, rodion
rodion (1) ~ Anam

Deadline is in 4 days
Edoc'sil

Postby strike wolf on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:41 am

anamainiacks wrote:There also is the possibility that Rodion is lying about his and/or his scum buddy's alignment, with one of them being Neutral Evil. I honestly believed from the start that the number of N/E would be larger than L/E.

If that's the case and you guys follow his plan:
D4: MoB lynched
N4: anam/Epi killed
D5: anam/Epi lynched
N5 with 2 scum and 3 town. Scum makes their kill and they win WITHOUT any of you guys.

I understans that Rodion gets trust points for admitting to be Evil. But he and his scum buddy still can lie about their powers and have a way of making sure their kill on N5 doesn't get blocked or redirected.

Not necessarily. It plays out like you say:

TWO is mafia: Then it doesn't matter as there is no lawful/good and we never had to worry about whether one of them was neutral/evil or not.

Epi/Anam is mafia and is dead. Lawfuls win.

Spiesr is mafia. Then there is a problem but I trust him to be town.

TFO is mafia. I doubt this. His actions line up and he's the only example we know of a n/n, so I strongly believe he is telling the truth.

I am mafia. Well I at least hope that I've proven my lawfulness by now.

Overall it's good odds that both remaining are lawful or maybe one isn't but it wouldn't come back to haunt us anyways.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Epitaph1 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:13 pm

Good news: it looks like we will have 6 winners. That may be the highest number of winners we could have (Although, I didn't run all the combinations to check).

2 N/L (strike and spiesr) + 2 E/L (Rodion & me) + N/N (TFO) + G/L (TWO).

I'll finish off Mob and we'll take out Anam tonight.

gg everyone.

[color=#FF0000]Vote MoB[/color]
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Postby strike wolf on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:26 pm

Epitaph1 wrote:Good news: it looks like we will have 6 winners. That may be the highest number of winners we could have (Although, I didn't run all the combinations to check).

2 N/L (strike and spiesr) + 2 E/L (Rodion & me) + N/N (TFO) + G/L (TWO).

I'll finish off Mob and we'll take out Anam tonight.

gg everyone.

[color=#FF0000]Vote MoB[/color]

Hah. I knew it was you.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby MoB Deadly on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:32 pm

it was a joke because i was dead. sorry lol
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby edocsil on Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Not a lot of time this weekend, so this scene is to the point.

The law saw it's chance to strike out at the chaos that was left in the the area. They sides with another enemy, because after all the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

They silenced him with a gag, and then quickly hung him from a tree before any could protest.

MoB Deadly ~ Ravaonna Swordhand ~ JOAT ~ Neutral/Chaotic Half-Elf Ranger has been hung.

It is now N4, 3 days for all night actions.
Edoc'sil

Re: [Official] D&D Mafia ~ N4 ~ 7/19

Postby edocsil on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:32 pm

I know its late, but I've been on campus from 8 am to 11pm every day this week. I doubt I can get a scene out till this weekend. All night actions have been received, Maybe with some luck I can find an hour on Friday.
Edoc'sil

Postby edocsil on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:41 pm

Scene

The law thought that the enemy of their enemy was their friend, and in some ways it was. But in reality all that happened was the goodly folks were sacrificed to the ideal of law, but the law was too impotent to protect its own, much less anyone else of goodly alignment.

This time it was two orcs swinging their axes in the night. Their hour of victory was at hand and their faction remained nearly unscathed. One axe fell and an predictably Iriekahn Dagarkin fell to the axes bite, making no move to save herself.

Anamainiacks ~ Iriekahn Dagarkin ~ bodyguard ~ Good/Neutral Dwarf Fighter has been killed

A lawful wizard had sat and watched as the violence passed in the night. He was supposed to be good, but what use was good, when there could be instead the iron rule of law? Law would persecute the evil doers it time, once the law was well established.

There was a noise behind the wizard and the wizard turned to see one of his newfound allies.

"Is the deed done?"

The orc replied, "Almost."

With a single swing the orc beheaded the foolish wizard.

The Weird One ~ Fhaatra Loreweaver ~ Vigilante ~ Good/Lawful Elf Wizard has been killed.

With a mighty war cry the Orc raised her axe. Victory was at hand, Evil has won.

Well, This has been an interesting game. There were nearly 20 of you here at first, but we only made it through a few campaigns.

Usually when I DM I don't set the party at odds with itself, but this proved to be entertaining.

Good game everyone, perhaps I'll make another campaign later on. I need a break now though.

Spiesr ~ Evil/Lawful ~ Vicster Battlefate
Epitaph1 ~ Evil/Neutral ~ Gracetranna
Rodion ~ Evil/Neutral ~ Lorakahn
rishaed ~ Evil/Neutral ~ Nerissys Mineshadow have won by eliminating all Good players, and removed all threats to themselves.

strike wolf ~ Neutral/Lawful ~ Daratris Falconsflight
TheForgivenOne ~ Neutral/Neutral ~ Xavlannan Shortankard

Have both won by surviving to the end of the game, and by having no one in conflict with their respective win conditions.

Next post will have night actions and role screen shots.
Edoc'sil

Postby edocsil on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:50 pm

blakebowling wrote:For prizes, I'll offer either: One year of premium for the MVP (voted on by the players at the end of the game) OR a choice between 3 months premium and a conquer cup entry for every winner (their choice). All winners will also receive a GA medal.

I would suggest that all winners take 3 month premium. It was quite a coalition victory, although the scums timing was pristine with the claims
Edoc'sil

Postby edocsil on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:00 pm

Please post any comments on gameplay or questions if you have them.

I was frustrated by how hard the town got screwed by Betico early game, and I was a little confused by the joats never investigated.
I did not expect the lawfulls to turn on the chaotics so early, and jonty kinda put the nail in his factions coffin.

I feel like the chaotics never had a chance, despite the advantages that they had over the lawfulls.

My biggest mistake was that I forgot to keep both mob and strike "good" rather than "neutral". I had been playing with balance before the game, and copied their alignment from an outdated spreadsheet. Thy still couldn't win with cult and the mafia "godfather", so it wasn't the end of the world with balance, but it made the good/neutral's life a lot harder.
Edoc'sil

Postby MoB Deadly on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:01 pm

wow OP Mafia team.

I was just waiting for SW, Rodion, and Epi to start attacking each other. No wonder they didnt :lol: :lol:

Edoc - thanks for modding sir, very good game! Loved the "Alignment" feature!

GG all.
Last edited by MoB Deadly on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby edocsil on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:05 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:wow OP Mafia team.

I was just waiting for SW, Rodion, and Epi to start attacking each other. No wonder they didnt :lol: :lol:

GG all.

With the replacements, I was pretty sure this was only going to end one way :D
Edoc'sil

Re: [Official] D&D Mafia ~ Endgame

Postby new guy1 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:06 pm

I was quite confused with the alignments, and wasnt in the game long enough to really get time to play :D. Why did you kill meh rish? XD

It was a good game, at least what I read. Thank you for modding this edoc!
Sergeant new guy1

Postby gregwolf121 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:10 pm

good game, just wish i hadn't died so soon.
Captain gregwolf121

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:13 pm

What happened to my bulletproof?

The actions don`t show anyone else targetting me.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Rodion on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Thoughts:

I was really hoping for that Sniper modkill, but I realize that that could also have come packaged with a Dazza modkill. To be quite honest, ideally we'd have Sniper make a post and I'd shift the wagon away from Rishaed and into Sniper since that post would have voided his inactivity-modkill clause, but it didn't quite work out once Sniper ASKED for the modkill. :(

Neb, since you asked, we did not KNOW you were the recruiter. I think our list was narrowed down to 5 possible recruiters so we took a shot at you. That was not my call (I'd have killed Greg and possibly asked Epitaph to take Aage with him), but I'm glad it turned out that way.

I had not realized I claimed a similar surname to Strike's until Spiesr mentioned it.

I wrote and rewrote my confession multiple times. Some versions had the full truth (3 mafia asking for SW and TFO's help to win the game) while others did not. In the end I decided not to be 100% honest since I was afraid that the deal could not be accepted and I did not want my offer to bite my team in the back.

I'm fine with the 3-month split prize. If that option ends up winning, is it possible that I use my quota to donate 3 "1-month prizes" instead?

Edoc, can you confirm Greg and Commander's original alignment?
General Rodion

Postby strike wolf on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:53 pm

While I can't prove it, I like to hope that mafia got my hints that I was willing to help them (the I can be proven attitude & using it on mob rather than Rodion who was the obvious choice if I intended to vote against mafia was meant to show that I was willing to ally myself with you). A little surprised at the size of the mafia (I hadn't fully ruled out 4 but was heavily leaning 3) and feel a bit sorry for TWo but well played mafia.

MoB Deadly wrote:wow OP Mafia team.

Edoc - thanks for modding sir, very good game! Loved the "Alignment" feature!

GG all.

Well I never really started having any major suspicions on Rodion until after D3 & Epi during day 3(I had actually had him figured for either neutral/neutral or maybe neutral/lawful since what I could remember he seemed to be playing similar to how I was). By the time, he claimed i was convinced. Of course, when Aage died N3 I knew I was dealing with a capable mafia and was perfectly fine with siding with them to win especially as I felt fairly certain that good/neutral would not be willing to lynch you until after the mafia had been taken care of and that was a chance, I felt more comfortable not taking.

The good neutral numbers seem about right though I'm surprised at the lack of good/chaotic and good/lawful. I was telling the truth when I said that I thought chaotics would overall outnumber lawful. I suppose Gregg and Commander might shed some light on that.

Rodion wrote:Thoughts:

I was really hoping for that Sniper modkill, but I realize that that could also have come packaged with a Dazza modkill. To be quite honest, ideally we'd have Sniper make a post and I'd shift the wagon away from Rishaed and into Sniper since that post would have voided his inactivity-modkill clause, but it didn't quite work out once Sniper ASKED for the modkill. :(

Neb, since you asked, we did not KNOW you were the recruiter. I think our list was narrowed down to 5 possible recruiters so we took a shot at you. That was not my call (I'd have killed Greg and possibly asked Epitaph to take Aage with him), but I'm glad it turned out that way.

I had not realized I claimed a similar surname to Strike's until Spiesr mentioned it.

I wrote and rewrote my confession multiple times. Some versions had the full truth (3 mafia asking for SW and TFO's help to win the game) while others did not. In the end I decided not to be 100% honest since I was afraid that the deal could not be accepted and I did not want my offer to bite my team in the back.

I'm fine with the 3-month split prize. If that option ends up winning, is it possible that I use my quota to donate 3 "1-month prizes" instead?

Edoc, can you confirm Greg and Commander's original alignment?

I am wondering who you suspected as the cult recruiter. I had a few slight suspicions but nothing solid.

Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives