Conquer Club

ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (10/13) - D3: The Bloody Winter Rose

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (10/13) - D3: The Bloody Winter Rose

Postby Commander9 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Hear ye, hear ye,

Iā€™d like to welcome you to the A Song of Ice and Fire mafia, hosted by Aage and Commander9. Be warnst, however, as thou shall venture into the realm of unknown and scary. The original story for ASoIaF was written by George R.R. Martin, but as our series will continue, it shall be impacted by the events in the games, so we may enter the realm of fan-fiction. There will be no good guys or bad guys ā€“ only players and pawns, so this *WILL* not be a traditional mafia game. Thou must realize ā€“ if thou will decide to play the Game of Thrones, thou will winā€¦ Or die. There is no middle ground. The knowledge of the series is not necessary, but it is highly welcomed. Thus, without a further due, welcome to the world of Ice and Fire, betrayals and deaths, backstabbing and rivalries, dragons and Others, old grudges and new wars. THIS IS THE WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE.

And as you may now, winter is coming.
Last edited by Commander9 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 17 times in total.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) - Prologue (0/1

Postby Commander9 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:40 pm

Welcome to A Song of Ice and Fire Mafia - The prologue chapter. Please read rules carefully (especially #1) and abide to them.

show: Rules of the Game

Scoring system is this:
a) Once one player achieves a greater or greatest victory (assuming it's not just survival and it's not fulfilled at the start), the game ends and the victories are counted.
b) Victory points are assigned according to the difficulty of achieving them (often exclusionary with one another):
- Greatest victory gives 3 points
- Greater victory gives 1.5 point
- Lesser victory gives a point
- Partial victory gives 0.75 point
- Some bonus points may be given for additional conditions
c) The game is over once someone reaches either a greater or the greatest victory assuming it wasn't satisfied at the beginning.
d) The total tally will go on through the series with winner having most points after the series end. The table will be kept and up at all times.

Frequently asked questions:
Will this be official? Are there any prizes?

At the moment it is unknown, but it's likely that there will be announced winners and mafia prizes for the winners of the whole series. Basically, check this space.

Will all of the games in the series have the same concepts and gameplay?

No - the gameplay and functionality will vary from one game to another. There will be the regular mafia games (that have somewhat clear town and mafia), faction v faction games and various other types that you may or may not expect. The only thing you can be sure of that there will be bloodbaths, backstabs, deaths... Did I mention bloodbaths?

Are you the main mod? Is it okay if I just send the questions and actions to just you?

No, both me and aage are co-mods, so what goes to one also has to go the other. If you don't send the action to both, it may not be counted. If you have questions or concerns, PM us. If you are unhappy about something, leave it until after the game is over and then bring it up.

The claiming in this game works just like in every other one, right?

No. Well, not quite - you are allowed to claim just like you would do so in a regular game: you can paraphrase your role, abilities, alignments, etc. as long as you do not quote. However, there is one major change - you may not directly state your victory conditions. If you are not sure what you can claim, PM me (Commander9) and aage.

Sign-ups:
  1. The Weird One
  2. Fircoal
  3. strike wolf
  4. safariguy5
  5. kgb007
  6. Iron Butterfly
  7. flow520
  8. minister masket
  9. nagerous
  10. Iliad
  11. Nebuchadnezer
  12. spiesr
  13. jonty125

Reserves:
  1. Foxglove (replaced Iliad)
Last edited by Commander9 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Commander9 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:40 pm

Currently alive and confirmed (10):

Fircoal
strike wolf
safariguy5
kgb007
flow520
minister masket
Iliad (replaced by Foxglove)
Nebuchadnezer
spiesr
jonty125

Dead
Iron Butterfly - Mace Tyrell, Loyalist Roleblocker has been lynched on day 2.
Nagerous - Eddard Stark, Rebel Vengeful has been killed on night 2.
TWO - Lyanna Stark, Beloved Princess / Lover died by ??? on D3.

Scenes
1. Opening of Day 1
2. End of Day 1
3. Night 1
4. End of Day 2
5. Night 2
6. Day 3 (day scene)
7. End of Day 3
Last edited by Commander9 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby The Weird One on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:41 pm

If signup thread: in, if you'll take me. If not signup thread, say so and I shall delete my post so as to not clutter.
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby Fircoal on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:50 pm

I DECLARE MY IN FOR THIS GAME
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:10 pm

My friend keeps telling me I should be the Hound, whoever that is. I'll play. (Note my lack of knowledge of this theme)
Captain safariguy5

Postby strike wolf on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:27 pm

The Hound is a tough misunderstood knight....oh sorry hes not a knight. Hes giant and a pretty good sword as well as a lance.

Im in. Ill be the Imp.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:43 pm

Oh, man, such a great theme! I'm already stretching myself thin, though...

The Hound is not a knight...he's known for his brutality in fighting as much as his wolf helmet he wears. Also known for being the lapdog of the boy king and doing his bidding...however cruel it is.

Imp would make an interesting character...so would Little Finger...or anyone on the small council for that matter.

I think I'd pick Sir Barristan Selmy.

Put me as reserve.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) - Prologue (4/1

Postby kgb007 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:04 am

this is looks fun, count me in
Sergeant 1st Class kgb007

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) - Prologue (5/1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:49 pm

im in

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) - Prologue (5/1

Postby Flow520 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:46 pm

As long as one post a day is sufficient, In please. :)
Major Flow520

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) - Prologue (7/1

Postby jonty125 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:37 pm

Reserve.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Minister Masket on Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Winter is Coming.

In plesh.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby nagerous on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:15 pm

in as long I am not little shit joffrey
Captain nagerous

Postby strike wolf on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:35 pm

nagerous wrote:in as long I am not little shit joffrey

Used to watch the show and didn't think Joffrey could be any worse...than I read the book. Though that's not fair, there are a lot of characters who come off differently in the book. Basically any character who seems even just a little spoiled in the show is 10x more spoiled in the books. Anyone who is just a little bit sadistic is 10x more so in the books. So what you have is Joffrey who is both and...yeah...
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby nagerous on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:48 pm

Well I am 250 pages in to GoT right now and tv series/book are very very similar, not finding too many differences so far.... stil thinking Ramsay Bolton might be the ultimate villain , worst than Joffrey! Anyone care to raise?
Captain nagerous

Postby strike wolf on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:57 pm

nagerous wrote:Well I am 250 pages in to GoT right now and tv series/book are very very similar, not finding too many differences so far.... stil thinking Ramsay Bolton might be the ultimate villain , worst than Joffrey! Anyone care to raise?

The first 1 1/2 (I'm a little over half way through the second book and they just introduced a very smelly character as to not give up spoilers) So far they stick fairly similar though there are some notable changes to the 2nd book with some of the characters in it not having popped up until the 3rd season (so far one book=roughly one season). The main difference is in the execution mostly. In the books, it feels like you can understand more of a person's motivations (at least from the perspective of the person in that chapter) than in the show. I don't know if the Bastard Bolton is the ultimate villain (his father is pretty underhanded too and so are at least half of the Lannisters (the exception being Tyrion who is about as close to a hero as you get outside of the Stark family tree) not to mention The Others/White Walkers (I personally think White Walkers is a cooler sounding name but apparently only the Wildlings call them that in the books) who are this huge threat that I'm not sure how they'll deal with them yet) but he makes the name fit. Bastard.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:30 pm

strike wolf wrote:
nagerous wrote:Well I am 250 pages in to GoT right now and tv series/book are very very similar, not finding too many differences so far.... stil thinking Ramsay Bolton might be the ultimate villain , worst than Joffrey! Anyone care to raise?

The first 1 1/2 (I'm a little over half way through the second book and they just introduced a very smelly character as to not give up spoilers) So far they stick fairly similar though there are some notable changes to the 2nd book with some of the characters in it not having popped up until the 3rd season (so far one book=roughly one season). The main difference is in the execution mostly. In the books, it feels like you can understand more of a person's motivations (at least from the perspective of the person in that chapter) than in the show. I don't know if the Bastard Bolton is the ultimate villain (his father is pretty underhanded too and so are at least half of the Lannisters (the exception being Tyrion who is about as close to a hero as you get outside of the Stark family tree) not to mention The Others/White Walkers (I personally think White Walkers is a cooler sounding name but apparently only the Wildlings call them that in the books) who are this huge threat that I'm not sure how they'll deal with them yet) but he makes the name fit. Bastard.

I've read all the books...I remember warning one of my friends when the series started on HBO that he shouldn't get attached to any characters...keep that in mind. :shock: I do like the books, because they mimic reality. People act in their own self-interest. People back-stab. Being "nice" gets you killed. Great series. I just wonder what happens when HBO catches up to the last book and still wants to go on. Does he just write the show first, then books? That seems wrong...
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby strike wolf on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:53 pm

I believe HBO has in the past delayed some seasons for shows for various reasons (I think Sopranos was delayed a couple of times.)

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Minister Masket on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:58 am

The books are great. Read them all in the space of about 5 months. ^^
So far only seen the first season but was impressed how closely they stuck to the book. Some scenes were weirdly long though.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby aage on Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:15 am

Ramsay is certainly the most evil, but the "best" (=most cunning and ambitious) villains in the books are
show

You'll find out why.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 am

I havent been introducedto Doran yet but yeah cant believe I forgot Petyr Baelish.

Cadet strike wolf

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) - Prologue (9/1

Postby Commander9 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:05 am

What? Doran's a villain? :lol: Someone forgot to inform me of that.

Littlefinger? Definitely yes. Ramsay? Yup. Bloodraven? Most likely? Doran? Hell no.

Anyways, I bought the books this february during my semester and finished reading all 5 in around 2 and half months. Absolutely love the books and the show's very solid too. As you'll read on the books, you'll notice more deviations and differences, but I think that D&D make a super solid job with what they have to work with. All in all, one of my favourite overall series. Also, there's going to be an announcement about scoring and possibly a FAQ up and it will be updated in 2nd post. Lastly, the 1st game is nearly ready - just need to make sure that balance works. The setting is actually Robert's Rebellion and the outcome will play a part in all later chapters.

P.S. apologies for not having more frequent updates, but it's test week at uni... So... Yeah...
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby aage on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:06 am

Commander9 wrote:Doran? Hell no.

Fire and blood, my friend.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Commander9 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:09 am

aage wrote:
Commander9 wrote:Doran? Hell no.

Fire and blood, my friend.

Just another side that has a very good reason to be upset with Lannisters. Just because they support Targaryans (Fire and Blood) doesn't make them villains, although Daenerys is close to being one now in my mind.
Lieutenant Commander9

Next

Return to Mafia Archives