Conquer Club

Re: Neighborhood Mafia (4/7) Game Over: Town Win!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Neighborhood Mafia (5/7) Day 2: Officer Down

Postby JamesKer1 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:39 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:My two cents.

I believe that mafia is either James, Two or myself.

I ad myself because I would of course say I am Town. Virus and mtam seem Town in my book.

vote james

Besides the fact he did not vote he has tried to make people seem scummy without really making cases. A lot can be gained by reading the posts after someone has been lynched. His posts just strike me as trying hard to sound Town.

Bull.

IB, you know I just in general try hard to sound town. I am trying to play this game better and learn from everything else I've screwed up, so sorry for any change in tone.

My votes have been limited... I think it was mtam only this game as a serious vote? That was more of a "What are you thinking?" moment, and I was preparing a case when I realized that was me my first game. So of course I will give him a break.

Other than that, I have yet to see a real argument this game, so I didn't want to burn someone for no reason. You would call me scummy then too right?

However, if you want me to make a good big long case, just let me know. It will be against you.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby The Weird One on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:18 pm

I've got to come out in defense of James, here...this seems to be a rather consistent playstyle of his...
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:43 pm

JamesKer1 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:My two cents.

I believe that mafia is either James, Two or myself.

I ad myself because I would of course say I am Town. Virus and mtam seem Town in my book.

vote james

Besides the fact he did not vote he has tried to make people seem scummy without really making cases. A lot can be gained by reading the posts after someone has been lynched. His posts just strike me as trying hard to sound Town.

Bull.

IB, you know I just in general try hard to sound town. I am trying to play this game better and learn from everything else I've screwed up, so sorry for any change in tone.

My votes have been limited... I think it was mtam only this game as a serious vote? That was more of a "What are you thinking?" moment, and I was preparing a case when I realized that was me my first game. So of course I will give him a break.

Other than that, I have yet to see a real argument this game, so I didn't want to burn someone for no reason. You would call me scummy then too right?

However, if you want me to make a good big long case, just let me know. It will be against you.

If you have a case against me then why would you not make one? Why would you threaten to make one? Either you have one or you do not. You can not however make one as an OMGUS because I voted for you. OMGUS= (O my god you suck)

And TWO who would you vote for then if you feel james is not mafia? As I stated earlier I believe its either you or james.

This is how I see the game and where it stands. If we get a mislynch today mafia gets a nightkill and so we need to lynch correctly tomorrow. Out of the pool of myself, james and TWO that would get the win if mafia is in the three of us. Just my opinion.

So I have made my case. I think it would be best if everyone else stated who they think is mafia and who is Town and why. I feel Town is in a pretty good position at the moment and Town can win.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Re: Re: Neighborhood Mafia (5/7) Day 2: Officer Down

Postby JamesKer1 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:17 pm

I feel like IB is mafia.Vote IB

Just so we are clear- no this is not a OMGUS vote, but a vote for lack of reasoning in many many cases (no typos in the double many).

I believe virus and IB were the first two on Greg's wagon, correct? That doesn't say everything, but when combined with other things, it does add to the suspicion.

All of this talk about the actual make up of the game made my head hurt. Tam can't be called out as Town Doc just because he thought there was a roleblocker? I'm using as much logic as I can and that makes ZERO sense to me, and I usually come up with the crazy stuff. And babbling on about there being a doc or not is pointless. If there is, we will know tonight, since the mafia will know who they are, and we may as we'll count them as a VT anyways, and then the mafia as a goon since there would be no one else to block. Why does it matter so much?

Also, I'd like to mention the fact that the only other person this game to even mention the possibility that I might be scum was tam, and that was withdrawn fairly quickly. Virus, TWO, And Greg all have made numerous comments about my townliness. Sure, I'm trying to hard. Or is it because I have so much town cred that I need to go to make sure I'm not around in the final three/four with you?

Since in the grand scheme of things it won't matter and we are that close to LYLO anyways, I'll go ahead and claim. I am Dylan Dykes, Vanilla Townie. I know that in any situation I would be saying that VT is the easiest for mafia to claim, and I still agree with that, and I may use it on other VTs this game.

And playing off of what others have said... (By the way, others opinions are relevant since the scum partner is dead. We can't take pies opinions though.) Greg said he was getting scummy vibes from you, but pie more so. Well, he called one right. Let's see if he got the other.

There have been other cases of "scummy vibes" from you as we'll, I just feel it will be redundant as my point has been made.

I will be happy to add more evidence upon request, and may do it just to procrastinate on school work even more. But for now, this is my reasoning.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby JamesKer1 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:22 pm

Wow, just found another thing and it's on this page too... TWO has a vote on Virus but IB is asking for his opinion on who is scum.

TWO has already stated that he will do an analytical reading after his second final on Thursday. Please don't tell me you are skimming like pie admittedly was...
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:01 am

JamesKer1 wrote:I feel like IB is mafia.Vote IB

Just so we are clear- no this is not a OMGUS vote, but a vote for lack of reasoning in many many cases (no typos in the double many). *grin* actually it is...but whatever.

I believe virus and IB were the first two on Greg's wagon, correct? That doesn't say everything, but when combined with other things, it does add to the suspicion. We has valid reasons for doing so. Greg was advocating for a no lynch, which would not help Town and in essence give madia a free night kill and we would pick up right where we left off. Hindsight is 20/20 with Greg dead and flipped cop its easy to play monday morning QB

All of this talk about the actual make up of the game made my head hurt. Tam can't be called out as Town Doc just because he thought there was a roleblocker? either you get it or you dont. He had no reason to call out a role blocker UNLESS HE KNEW OR BELIEVED ONE WAS IN GAME!!! Why would he believ there was one?? Are you saying he said so because he just felt like it with no ryme or reason?I'm using as much logic as I can and that makes ZERO sense to me, and I usually come up with the crazy stuff. And babbling on about there being a doc or not is pointless. If there is, we will know tonight, since the mafia will know who they are, and we may as we'll count them as a VT anyways, and then the mafia as a goon since there would be no one else to block. Why does it matter so much?

Also, I'd like to mention the fact that the only other person this game to even mention the possibility that I might be scum was tam, and that was withdrawn fairly quickly. Virus, TWO, And Greg all have made numerous comments about my townliness. Sure, I'm trying to hard. Or is it because I have so much town cred that I need to go to make sure I'm not around in the final three/four with you? So what.

Since in the grand scheme of things it won't matter and we are that close to LYLO anyways, I'll go ahead and claim. I am Dylan Dykes, Vanilla Townie. I know that in any situation I would be saying that VT is the easiest for mafia to claim, and I still agree with that, and I may use it on other VTs this game.

And playing off of what others have said... (By the way, others opinions are relevant since the scum partner is dead. We can't take pies opinions though.) Greg said he was getting scummy vibes from you, but pie more so. Well, he called one right. Let's see if he got the other.

There have been other cases of "scummy vibes" from you as we'll, I just feel it will be redundant as my point has been made.

I will be happy to add more evidence upon request, and may do it just to procrastinate on school work even more. But for now, this is my reasoning.

I still voted and presented my reason for believing Pie was scum. You offered nothing,which negates your whole first paragraph argument. Funny how you leave your non vote out and don't mention it. Second it was stupid of you to claim. If on the long shot there is still a doc they will know who not to target tonight. I also missed the TWO vote on Virus. that proves nothing

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby virus90 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:40 am

JamesKer1 wrote:I feel like IB is mafia.Vote IB

I believe virus and IB were the first two on Greg's wagon, correct? That doesn't say everything, but when combined with other things, it does add to the suspicion.

To be correct: first IB then me.
who is suspicious and why exactly? for me being suspicious i understand. But why would IB join second on a moment when no one was even close to getting lynched. I guess my third vote would be more suspicious, hop on and point the finger to someone else who casts the 4th vote.

JamesKer1 wrote:Also, I'd like to mention the fact that the only other person this game to even mention the possibility that I might be scum was tam, and that was withdrawn fairly quickly. Virus, TWO, And Greg all have made numerous comments about my townliness. Sure, I'm trying to hard. Or is it because I have so much town cred that I need to go to make sure I'm not around in the final three/four with you?

i have definitely made these comments, pointing it out canceled out the not having a statement in the lynch-no lynch discussion. But with the not voting when epic pie was lynched added for me your credit has been used.

To comment to the final comment as well. I think town could definitely win indeed, As long as we got a suspicious person out and the others trust each other it should not be that hard to find the last mafia among the 3 survivors.

so basicly i got more vibes from you then from IB now.
Major virus90

Postby virus90 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:31 am

mtam IB has suspected you are the doc for a long time, are you? If you are the mafia would already know right?
Major virus90

Postby JamesKer1 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:40 am

Wait how was me claiming stupid? Do you even read through your own arguments? We have two possible scenarios according to you, right IB?

Scenario 1- There is a roleblocker, a doc, and three VTs left. If so, the role blocker would have had to block the doc last night, meaning the Doc will die tonight since the roleblocker will already know who it is, so they pretty much count as a VT like Greg unfortunately did.

Scenario 2- There is one goon and 4 VTs. Well, claiming definitely doesn't matter here if the whole town is VTs.

As for shouting out role blocker, I can see where it may have benefited town if outed and the RB was town (which mtam thought it was). That way investigations and protections aren't blocked on accident, as the RB wouldn't know who's who if they were town. So no, that doesn't mean he's a doc, just concerned for the doc/cop
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby virus90 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:50 am

JamesKer1 wrote:Wait how was me claiming stupid? Do you even read through your own arguments? We have two possible scenarios according to you, right IB?

Scenario 1- There is a roleblocker, a doc, and three VTs left. If so, the role blocker would have had to block the doc last night, meaning the Doc will die tonight since the roleblocker will already know who it is, so they pretty much count as a VT like Greg unfortunately did.

Scenario 2- There is one goon and 4 VTs. Well, claiming definitely doesn't matter here if the whole town is VTs.

As for shouting out role blocker, I can see where it may have benefited town if outed and the RB was town (which mtam thought it was). That way investigations and protections aren't blocked on accident, as the RB wouldn't know who's who if they were town. So no, that doesn't mean he's a doc, just concerned for the doc/cop

totally agree, i think mtam is a normal player and we are in scenario 3, also mtam unvoted when epic pie claimed doc. that would be the last thing any doc would do. So consider my last post as not posted. (was reading page 1 to now and that was a question that came first to mind but got taken away later)
Major virus90

Postby JamesKer1 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:01 am

Ok, I guess I should have explained this earlier in the game...

Lynch v. No Lynch- most of day 1 I would have supported a no lynch, but would have been happy to jump on any good case that came up. Call it scummy if you want, but I figured it could have given us an extra day down the road, and the possibilities of hitting scum were pretty slim. I'm glad we did get one, but I'm also glad to say I wasn't a part of it.

Epic pie lynch- I really didn't see much of a point in it, and by the time I did he was at L-1, and I definitely wasn't going to push him over without an explanation.

However virus, you seem a little "jumpy" in your ideas... Why didn't you see a case against me before? It took IB to bring one up to get you to come to a "realization" on it... I know I played a lot like that in my second game, so since you are new I'll stick with a FOS... However, I'm getting a whole lot more from IB
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby virus90 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:48 am

virus90 wrote:Ok. we need some action guys, not gonna catch the badguy if no one says anything. so lets get the discussion going again?

I wont vote yet because with the risk of mtamburini (or someone else) joining and if i am wrong the mafia bandwagoning to get the majority vote in. it would mean a quick kill.
But: TWO... you were in no lynch camp, are not saying much and did not vote epic pie... if i had to vote now, it would be pretty easy...

and james time to take some stances my man, no vote on lynch, no vote on epic. just wanted to point that out.

as colored in blue, even before IB voted for you i already pointed out that i was doubting you. Wanted some answers. IB having the same feeling about that for me was another signal to keep pushing.

JamesKer1 wrote:However virus, you seem a little "jumpy" in your ideas... Why didn't you see a case against me before? It took IB to bring one up to get you to come to a "realization" on it... I know I played a lot like that in my second game, so since you are new I'll stick with a FOS... However, I'm getting a whole lot more from IB

what exactly do you mean by "getting a whole lot more from IB" might be the language but not sure how to interpret. get more reasons from IB or get more scum feeling? or something else altogether?

But if you want my line of reasoning i sure have one.

When rereading the forums it just strikes me that with most major situations you are always one of the last ones to take a stance, or post a "valuable"reply, if any of these at all. by valuable i mean; a reply with opinion/information on that topic.

Lynch no lynch: No stance, if you read the posts i would say favor no lynch. (page 4 onwards (7?)
vote epic pie because inactive: no comment. (page 4/5)
roleblocker = mafia: okay got to give you that. (page 8)
(false) Vote gregwolf: no comment (9)
do i trust gregwolf being a cop: no comment (9/10)

JamesKer1 wrote:However, I am now also leaning towards TWO, and wondering where pie went. TWO seems to be hyperposting one page, then disappearing for a few. He played the exact same way in a game he just turned up scum in. Maybe it's his playing style as we'll, hard to tell at this point, but I think it's "scum style".
page 12
You mention both but focus on two.

I am pointing out the role blocker situation, which lead to epic pie being voted for scum (page 13): you did react, but not on this topic. you voted mtam, pretty random after what i just said. could even see this as a diversion if you want to. try to stop it before it gets rolling. what happen next was that greg, IB and then me voted, mtam finished the job. you only reacted after this happened. so once again to conclude: no comment, or if you want to see it very negative: even diverting attention.

what brings us to what happened in day 2: IB votes you; you vote him. and we have the discussion we are having now.

So this is my line of reasoning and writing this i am only confirming my suspicion. so lets put my vote to it:
Vote James

I hope i am right but if i am wrong, and we kill a towny. i am first of all sorry, but looking at the bright side: we end up with 3 guys, if i would survive the night i would rather not see one of them being you since that would make my decision harder then when it was one of the other guys. since i prefer to get through the night with people higher on my "trust list", thus making it easier to find the last goon, if we haven't lynched him today.

thats it for now, looking forward to the next part of the discussion. :)
Major virus90

Postby JamesKer1 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:00 am

I have no problem voting myself to get the town in better odds. Just let me know and I can hammer.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby The Weird One on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:44 pm

Honestly, I don't think that much of this case holds water. I'm still standing by my vote on virus. He pushed me into explaining myself before admitting that he already knew about the explanations...so why bother if not to try to start off with a strong motion directly away from him? He's moved on to joining with IB against James. IB seems more to have legitimate reasoning [in his eyes, at least], but virus appears to just be joining in on the ride. That's my two cents for the day.
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby virus90 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:09 pm

so TWO who do you then think that are town? who is/are it you trust?
as for joining the ride. I said at same time as kind of FOS-ing you i also noted that i dont know about James.
at that time IB and james where quarreling about the rules (doc/roleblocker). So when IB started to make a case i did some more digging and well i made a pretty motivated statement. with many things which were not pointed out. so we can agree to disagree on if my points are valid, but i would not say it is a quick jumping on as a diversion from myself, besides why would it be nescesary since no one joined your vote yet?
i mean everyone might get 1 vote at some point in this round.
Major virus90

Postby virus90 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:21 pm

think we are having a trust split, it appears that TWO and james are ok with eachother, and IB and myself.

Oh and TWO looking forward to your rereading the forums after your exams tomorrow.
and good luck with your finals tomorrow!
Major virus90

Postby colton24 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:31 pm

VOTE COUNT

virus90 - (1) - The Weird One
James - (2) - L-1 - IronButterfly, virus90
IronButterfly - (1) - JamesKer1

Not Voting: mtamburini

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch
Highest Rank: Lieutenant | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed
Corporal 1st Class colton24

Postby mtamburini on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:16 am

colton24 wrote:VOTE COUNT

virus90 - (1) - The Weird One
James - (2) - L-1 - IronButterfly, virus90
IronButterfly - (1) - JamesKer1

Not Voting: mtamburini

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch

Im undecided on who to vote for yet. Will do some re reading later today. If someone wants to quote eveyone's FOS's or just repeat them next for me to give me a better understanding without going to deep into the forum that would be great :)
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby mtamburini on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:46 pm

James I do not want to lynch you, I do believe it is not you.

Vote Two
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:24 pm

mtamburini wrote:James I do not want to lynch you, I do believe it is not you.

Vote Two

Please expand on your thoughts as I would like to hear them.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby mtamburini on Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:07 pm

I voted two as he does not have a vote and it would be harder for mafia to switch off of someone to get a successful lynch if I had voted on either of the people who had 1 vote. In essence I want only 1 person at l1 rather than 2 until I can scumhunt better and dig deeper into the forums
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby The Weird One on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:45 pm

mtamburini wrote:I voted two as he does not have a vote and it would be harder for mafia to switch off of someone to get a successful lynch if I had voted on either of the people who had 1 vote. In essence I want only 1 person at l1 rather than 2 until I can scumhunt better and dig deeper into the forums

...So, what you're saying here is that you're voting because you don't want the town to pressure you for not voting?
This just comes off as obscenely scummy to me.

That being said, I'm rereading, now...I shall try to post something of substance, shortly.

Sergeant The Weird One

Postby The Weird One on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:54 pm

Actually, I'm torn, here...I want to keep my vote on virus, but I also want to throw it at tam...those are where my money lies. virus for the aforementioned reasons and tam for that bloody copout vote above...This isn't a case of OMGUS. This is a case of the reasoning you gave was essentially "no, please, don't look at me! Look, I'm doing what everyone else is in a way that won't effect the game." ...So, yeah...unvote vote tam.

Sergeant The Weird One

Postby The Weird One on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Sorry for the triple post...just feel it must be stated: still going to reread, but I doubt that I'm going to find anything more concrete...

Sergeant The Weird One

Postby JamesKer1 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:00 pm

I'm thinking it's either IB or virus, even after my voluntary claim I got voted by them, and the fact I'm not gone and at L-1 pretty much clears TWO and tam in my book. Mafia could easily blend in, agree, and put everyone at LYLO.

Can we have a mass claiming, since it won't really affect the game at this point (we've already decided that)? People being willing to share that info adds to their townliness IMO.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives