Conquer Club

Wishy-Washy Mafia (7/13) Endgame: Forgiveness (Town Win)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (8/13) D4:A Bowl of Punch

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:14 pm

well its nice to wake up in the morning to find out your already dead, means i don't have to do anything, very kind of you all.
anyway i investigated neb last night, hes town, i could tell you his role but i won't,
not like it really matters i guess i'm dead now.
good game everyone, though it may not be over yet
Captain gregwolf121

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:26 am

Vote Count:

gregwolf121 (5) - Jonty125, Melkor52, Hotshot53, Safariguy5, Nebuchadnezer

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:31 am

It was the crack of dawn, but things were already busy. One townsperson woke up that morning with his alarm at six, only to find a crowd with pitchforks and torches outside his house. Knowing it was time to leave with his leader dead, he tried to flee from the back door, but it was too late. He was caught beaten, and dragged to prison, thrown to the very criminals he caught before. He was left to rot, an indefinite sentence his guilt exposed before he could even open his mouth. Gregwolf Frank Abagnale Jr. Kool-Aid Cop has been lynched N4 Start.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (7/13) N4:A Blank Check

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Night Actions received, but having scene postponed until a Mod-Error can be cleared. :oops:. Apologies for the delay.
Sincerely your WW maf mod.

Postby benga on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:09 am

hopefully it's not something too bad, should have town already won?
Sergeant benga

Postby rishaed on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:39 am

The night was peaceful, and due to a processing error a voice boomed from the sky. Erinyes Goddess of Vengeance, you have been purged from the taint invading your mind it said. Then the sun broke forth radiantly, and the light shone forth from the sky. There was no more evil, there was no more darkness in this town. It had been purged with the minimum cost, the minimum time. The townspeople looked at each other once again and knew their neighbors for who they were, without suspicion clouding their eyes, and without fear. There was no fear in victory, only sadness for the lost.
Due to Mod-Mistake (lack of notification upon recruitment) Safariguy5 Watcher has turned into a Survivor/Town Alignment and the game has ended.
Remaining Town has won.

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (10/13) D3:The Mystery Drink

Postby rishaed on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:43 am

Flow520 wrote:Has anyone considered the idea that the game was designed for "town" as it is normally defined to fail?
I mean, if we are considering two recruiting groups, it's possible the game was designed for all the VT's to be quickly recruited into one of the two groups and the real game to be the battle between these two groups for dominance. So it's like "Wishy-Washy Mafia" because there is no mafia and instead the "Wishy-Washy" battle between two recruiting groups.

This was dead on lol! :roll: Unfortunately, the setup got destroyed rather quickly and it didn't play out as envisioned. (Oh dear.) There was lots of investigatish roles, no protectives (due to only a vig) and had issues rather quickly. Its unfortunate that both cult leaders got lynched/NK'd so quickly because I really wanted to see how it would have played out figuring out who the other one was.

Postby rishaed on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:44 am

Role PM's/Night Actions will be posted later today, things to do places to see all that fun stuff.

Postby benga on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:54 am

cAN'T WAit!!
Sergeant benga

Postby virus90 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:43 am

well probably surprises nobody: i was VT.
Think it was an nice game, thx for modding rishead! gj!
and well played guys! go town! :D
Major virus90

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:54 am

I was town tracker. Tracked Benga N1, and he went nowhere, so I knew he was town...referred to him being clear a few times. N2 I was blocked by Hotshot, which I didn't figure out until N3 when I tracked Hotshot to benga.

Good game. We would have ended it D5 with a safariguy lynch, I think, anyway.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby rishaed on Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:29 am

show: NightActions

FYI Melkor officially gets the Roleplaying prize here! In that I decided that his Night Action PM's were so good that I officially substituted them into my records :)
show: RolePM

One thing, I didn't really do too much work on VT PM's due to hassle on finding random people that I could classify as genius class (and make sense), but each of the other claims (besides the Fanclub Presidents, had names referencing people who were either extremely talented in their field or had the hard work put in for it.
Some Manga references were pulled from:
Freezing
Dendrobates
Kimi no Knife
However Gregwolfs Char was from: Catch Me if you Can (its somewhat dated, but still a good movie IMO).
I think Melkor picked up on his reference slightly, which was fitting for this particular setup.
Thank you all for making the game enjoyable to this mod, and I apologize for any mistakes I may have made in the decision making process. My next game will probably have an abnormal setup as well (what can I say, I get an idea that I like and run with it, trying to balance as best as I can.)

Also, This game did not go the way I expected at all. Cults could recruit from other cults with the leaders hidden, but never got that far because of the fact that the first cult got killed off so fast. I was honestly surprised that Kratos lived after his claim. (Hotshot I was expecting you to claim your night one info there, but it might be because I knew everything).

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:44 am

Nice job rejecting the kool-aid safari :) I thought you were the most likely recruited, but your posts were sounding very townish... no wonder, you didn't know yourself you were recruited lol. And good job to us getting rid of the recruiters so fast.

After night 1, I thought there were 2 recruiters, and if you recruited someone who was already recruited, you'd kill them instead... so I figured on 2 enemy factions, and that I missed on my block. Considering there were 2 recruiters, his claimed protective role sounded reasonable.
Major HotShot53

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (7/13) Endgame: Forgiveness (Town Win)

Postby kratos644 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:58 am

The main thing that caught me off guard was my recruitment of Greg being shown in the night scene. I didn't think recruitment's usually appeared except for cases like TFO's where the recruiter was killed same night
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby virus90 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:54 am

my system based on the quote's of people and how they reacted to the knowledge of all VT's being the same worked really well. I also used this to prove other VT's and if people were PR or scum. downside was that in the end VT's could be turned ofcourse. But i succesfully noted some PR/scum candidates, will quote some stuff:

not sure on alignment but knew hotshot was no VT:
HotShot53 wrote:
virus90 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:I would post more in my defense if I had anything else of value... But, I am not a power role, so I really have nothing to offer besides that I WANT town to win.

not a powerrole, but no VT either? how should i interpret this?

He said he was a VT.... where did you read him saying he wasn't? Of course that is the easiest for anyone to claim, true or not... and no real way to prove it either.

I would also like to see a name though.

TheForgivenOne wrote:
show

You do realize if he didn't start those cases, this game would have gotten anywhere.. right? To me it looks like you're scared of a strong player that might catch you. So we have a bunch of weak cases, what do you suggest we do? Sit on our hands and do nothing? Create more weak cases which lead nowhere?

This just seems like a maf that is scared of a strong townie. Vote: Virus

anyone who did not get, that i was Vt, basicly was not an VT himself.
same for Kratos, who suspected me couple of times, dead give-away.

kratos644 wrote:My top 3 right now would have to be melkor, virus, and benga in no particular order. One of the main reason melkor is on the list is because he was targeted by Anark and now Anark is dead and recruited both of which would get him off melkor. The other two are on the list for their behavior yesterday

2 VT and i had a strong pro-town feeling about melkor, probably about the only one who never voted him, also he had already FOS-me and voted benga last round aswell, he was head of my NO VT list.. :P

why i knew benga was VT:
benga wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:All VT s have the same name in this game, folks... assuming mtamburini is any indication... which means you guys are slow or are not VTs

proof enough, unvote

definately no VT either:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:
show

UNVOTE Thank you for clearing that up.

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
kratos644 wrote:My top 3 right now would have to be melkor, virus, and benga in no particular order. One of the main reason melkor is on the list is because he was targeted by Anark and now Anark is dead and recruited both of which would get him off melkor. The other two are on the list for their behavior yesterday

The argument for melkor is a total WIFOM argument, therefore I don't buy it.

Virus - I'd have to read back on him.

Benga - He's acted rather jumpy in my eyes, but I'm willing to leave him be for now...I think he's harmless and just exhibiting "newbiness".

ok thats all said in a short period of time, day 1 - 2. Only problem was how to identify PR from scum that was the hard part. but anyone on that list was atleast suspicious and any fake claim i would have been able to bust. also the reason why i was able to verify flow, as mentioned when i defended him, the meaning was similar.
Major virus90

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:42 am

kratos644 wrote:The main thing that caught me off guard was my recruitment of Greg being shown in the night scene. I didn't think recruitment's usually appeared except for cases like TFO's where the recruiter was killed same night

Usually, recruitments are spelled out in the night scene (even attempted ones). In most games, town wouldn't know there is a cult until way too late otherwise.

Man, I really couldn't believe you guys didn't believe me with the case on kratos. If you had faked some sort of role where you converted cultists to town, I might have been more likely to buy it kratos, but a doctor like role is underpowered in a 1 cult setup and very underpowered in a 2 cult setup.
Captain safariguy5

Postby kratos644 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:07 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
kratos644 wrote:The main thing that caught me off guard was my recruitment of Greg being shown in the night scene. I didn't think recruitment's usually appeared except for cases like TFO's where the recruiter was killed same night

Usually, recruitments are spelled out in the night scene (even attempted ones). In most games, town wouldn't know there is a cult until way too late otherwise.

Man, I really couldn't believe you guys didn't believe me with the case on kratos. If you had faked some sort of role where you converted cultists to town, I might have been more likely to buy it kratos, but a doctor like role is underpowered in a 1 cult setup and very underpowered in a 2 cult setup.

Yeah, I'd never played as a recruiter. I figured a role where I converted them back to town would seem unlikely because the cult leader can usually communicate with the cult members so then they would know their leader. It would seem as broken as a mafia that can go 3rd party and out everyone ;)
Major kratos644

Postby virus90 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:47 pm

kratos644 wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:

Yeah, I'd never played as a recruiter. I figured a role where I converted them back to town would seem unlikely because the cult leader can usually communicate with the cult members so then they would know their leader. It would seem as broken as a mafia that can go 3rd party and out everyone ;)

actually jamesker in his maffia many of us were playing in which was dropped gave me the role you described. when i pointed that out he made me kill these people instead of getting them back. that kind of gave me a power which would only kill cultists. an very powerfull role
Major virus90

Postby kratos644 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:30 pm

virus90 wrote:
kratos644 wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:

actually jamesker in his maffia many of us were playing in which was dropped gave me the role you described. when i pointed that out he made me kill these people instead of getting them back. that kind of gave me a power which would only kill cultists. an very powerfull role

That's actually where I got the idea for the fake claim
Major kratos644

Postby Melkor52 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:50 pm

Good Game folks. It was fun, but not something I'm likely to try again soon. But thanks everyone for the experience.
Major Melkor52

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:35 pm

Melkor52 wrote:Good Game folks. It was fun, but not something I'm likely to try again soon. But thanks everyone for the experience.

You were very active and very helpful in taking out the recruiters... I'm sure you'll be welcome to join more mafia games whenever you want to :)
Major HotShot53

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:28 pm

HotShot53 wrote:Nice job rejecting the kool-aid safari :) I thought you were the most likely recruited, but your posts were sounding very townish... no wonder, you didn't know yourself you were recruited lol. And good job to us getting rid of the recruiters so fast.

After night 1, I thought there were 2 recruiters, and if you recruited someone who was already recruited, you'd kill them instead... so I figured on 2 enemy factions, and that I missed on my block. Considering there were 2 recruiters, his claimed protective role sounded reasonable.

Oh, goodness, Hotshot. You knew there were two recruiters. You knew the recruiting was referenced in the night actions. There was only one recruit action on N1...yet you never thought that the guy you blocked was the other recruiter? At least it worked out in the end. ;)
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:42 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:Nice job rejecting the kool-aid safari :) I thought you were the most likely recruited, but your posts were sounding very townish... no wonder, you didn't know yourself you were recruited lol. And good job to us getting rid of the recruiters so fast.

Oh, goodness, Hotshot. You knew there were two recruiters. You knew the recruiting was referenced in the night actions. There was only one recruit action on N1...yet you never thought that the guy you blocked was the other recruiter? At least it worked out in the end. ;)

I should correct myself, that was my reasoning after night 2. I considered that it was possible kratos was a recruiter... but then when no-one died in night 2, I came up with my theory that the second recruiter killed night 1 because his recruit had already been recruited.
Major HotShot53

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:30 pm

HotShot53 wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:

I should correct myself, that was my reasoning after night 2. I considered that it was possible kratos was a recruiter... but then when no-one died in night 2, I came up with my theory that the second recruiter killed night 1 because his recruit had already been recruited.

You know that would have been a lot easier to help me get the kratos lynch lol.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Melkor52 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:00 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:

You know that would have been a lot easier to help me get the kratos lynch lol.

Help you? I was the one screaming at the top of my keyboard that he was the last recruiter. While everyone else was busy lynching Flow (including you) I was, as usual, being ignored. That's why I had to kill him off in a night action. But at least you admitted he was scummy, and would be a better lynch candidate.
Major Melkor52

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives