Conquer Club

Wishy-Washy Mafia (7/13) Endgame: Forgiveness (Town Win)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (8/13) D4:A Bowl of Punch

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:40 am

Looks like my initial suspicions were correct, there were just more suspicious parties than I thought. I am a roleblocker, I blocked Kratos night 1 (which is why he didn't recruit), and blocked Nebuchadnezer night 2 (which is why there was no kill). I blocked benga night 3, but I guess he is a VT as he claimed.
I thought there were only the 2 recruiters, so I thought I was missing on my blocks... turns out there are the 2 recruiters plus the serial killer, so I was blocking people all along.

Thanks for taking out kratos, but now we have to remove you... vote Nebuchadnezer
Major HotShot53

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:28 am

virus90 wrote:called it. Flow was indeed a VT, FOS to anyone not getting that,!

FOS virus, for assuming that everyone who didn't think Flow was a VT, is bad, if that was true, town would have lost this game already.

The evidence looks pretty damming for Neb Vote Neb
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:37 am

Don't kill neb guys, I know he's not the killer.

I watched kratos last night. Melkor was the one who killed him.

This makes me think Melkor is probably the vigilante.

Regardless, we know gregwolf was recruited. Not sure who else was, but at least we have an easy lynch.

vote gregwolf

Also, I told you guys.
Captain safariguy5

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:58 am

safariguy5 wrote:Don't kill neb guys, I know he's not the killer.

Regardless, we know gregwolf was recruited. Not sure who else was, but at least we have an easy lynch.

vote gregwolf

Also, I told you guys.

Yes, you were correct... I admit I was wrong yesterday (obviously). Do you think Melkor passed on his kill opportunity second night? Or why wasn't their a kill on the second night?

What do you have to say for yourself Melkor?

In any case, I will unvote for now, don't want to lead 2 wrong kills in a row lol

I've never played with recruits before... do you have to kill all the recruits to win the game?
Major HotShot53

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:32 pm

HotShot53 wrote:

vote gregwolf

Also, I told you guys.

Yes, you were correct... I admit I was wrong yesterday (obviously). Do you think Melkor passed on his kill opportunity second night? Or why wasn't their a kill on the second night?

In any case, I will unvote for now, don't want to lead 2 wrong kills in a row lol

I've never played with recruits before... do you have to kill all the recruits to win the game?

Safari to the rescue again. I guess the recruitment thing can be done different ways. If the recruits don't die, or revert back after the recruiter is killed, then we have a much harder time ahead of us. But we now know that Greg and Melkor are on the short list, and based on last night's scene, Kratos got one more before dying. I say we start with Greg, to see what he flips as, and then we can go on to Melkor the next night (unless Greg flips Peggy so-and-so recruit, then we know we have one more recruit to find.) Very difficult.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:07 pm

OK Neb is undamned, unvote, vote gregwolf L-2.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Melkor52 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:44 pm

HotShot53 wrote:

vote gregwolf

Also, I told you guys.

Well it's about time! I have been hinting about my role as Vig since day 1 but no one would pick up on the clues. Day one, Narc was (I felt) picking on a noobie and I threatened him bay saying: "you better hope I'm not a vig". Then he turned up dead. I was new and it was my very first day in a mafia game. I really didn't know what to look for, but Narc was pointing the FOS it seemed at everyone who opened their mouths. That seemed scummy to me, and he was irritating me (poor reason I admit), but he seemed like he was trying to get anyone lynched so I put two behind his ear on night 1, and got the first recruit. But nobody put the threat and the deed together.

Day two we lynched my prime suspect so I stayed home. I thought without a kill we would know for sure that there was not standard mafia in town. And if no one died then perhaps talk of a SK'er would turn to a vig. I didn't want to declare what I was because I didn't want to be recruited. I did however want for the conversation to include suggestions for the vig's best night activity. (I am still new to this mafia stuff)

Day three there where suggestions about recruit one night/kill another, so I came right out and said that a simpler answer was an undeclared vig. But no one was listening again. And when I saw that Flow was going to be lynched (I wasn't convinced of that and didn't vote for it) I knew my deductions about Kratos where not going to be herd either. So with a dead towns player to avenge, I went out and killed Kratos. I suspected that either Kratos or I would be Safariguy's watched person. He was the only one besides myself who thought Kratos was scummy.

With both recruiters dead, I was going to declare today, but wanted to hear what Safariguy and Greg had to say first.

So here we are, the new guy has taken out the first night's recruit, dropped the final hammer on the first recruiter, (or would have killed him if the vote didn't go through), and has just killed the second recruiter while you lynched an innocent man. No applause folks, just throw money. :^)

The way I see it, we lynch Greg, and all we need to do is find the final recruited player from last night and we win. Surely there can't be anyone else against town with a 13 player start. Can there?

Vote Greg
Major Melkor52

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:52 pm

Before I drop the hammer on greg and start the night, does anyone have any clues or idea on who else might have been recruited? Or is there any way to find out? Since we are about to kill our former cop, can anyone else research, or will we be just be lynching at random until we find the other recruit?
Major HotShot53

Postby Melkor52 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:13 pm

HotShot53 wrote:Before I drop the hammer on greg and start the night, does anyone have any clues or idea on who else might have been recruited? Or is there any way to find out? Since we are about to kill our former cop, can anyone else research, or will we be just be lynching at random until we find the other recruit?

If there was any justice both Safariguy and I would know since he was watching Kratos and I killed him outside the house where he recruited someone. But I wasn't told who that was.

I don't believe rishaed expected the town to ferret out the cult leaders by night 3. He's going to make us work for the win. But it's a forgone victory. Since there isn't any more recruiters (knock on wood) and we know who one of the recruited is (PS. told ya so), as long as Safariguy or I (two very verified town players) lives we could in theory lynch everyone else at random till we find him for the win. But I think we can deduce the last cult follower before we lynch everyone in town.
Major Melkor52

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Well, I guess that makes sense. So I'll go ahead and vote gregwolf

Good luck to us finding the other recruit tomorrow!
Major HotShot53

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Melkor52 wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:Before I drop the hammer on greg and start the night, does anyone have any clues or idea on who else might have been recruited? Or is there any way to find out? Since we are about to kill our former cop, can anyone else research, or will we be just be lynching at random until we find the other recruit?

If there was any justice both Safariguy and I would know since he was watching Kratos and I killed him outside the house where he recruited someone. But I wasn't told who that was.

I don't believe rishaed expected the town to ferret out the cult leaders by night 3. He's going to make us work for the win. But it's a forgone victory. Since there isn't any more recruiters (knock on wood) and we know who one of the recruited is (PS. told ya so), as long as Safariguy or I (two very verified town players) lives we could in theory lynch everyone else at random till we find him for the win. But I think we can deduce the last cult follower before we lynch everyone in town.

Quite honestly, the recruiter would have had to go after safariguy last night to take out one of the only other players that could out him. I don't think Kratos would leave the Watcher out there. It's WIFOM, but in no way is safariguy cleared. He was town during D3, but there is nothing that says he's town now. You are a little clearer as you wouldn't shoot your leader...

Postby Melkor52 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Quite honestly, the recruiter would have had to go after safariguy last night to take out one of the only other players that could out him. I don't think Kratos would leave the Watcher out there. It's WIFOM, but in no way is safariguy cleared. He was town during D3, but there is nothing that says he's town now. You are a little clearer as you wouldn't shoot your leader...

That's true. Safariguy was the only other power role known at the time. With no one watching and no one who could investigate Kratos would be free to recruit at will.

So what are you suggesting? Lynch Greg today and have me take out Safariguy tonight? I would prefer to wait till tomorrow before doing that just in case he wasn't recruited and there is another threat to town. I think we have everyone but the final recruit but better safe than sorry.

What does everyone else think?
Major Melkor52

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:21 pm

Melkor52 wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:

vote gregwolf

Also, I told you guys.

Well it's about time! I have been hinting about my role as Vig since day 1 but no one would pick up on the clues. Day one, Narc was (I felt) picking on a noobie and I threatened him bay saying: "you better hope I'm not a vig". Then he turned up dead. I was new and it was my very first day in a mafia game. I really didn't know what to look for, but Narc was pointing the FOS it seemed at everyone who opened their mouths. That seemed scummy to me, and he was irritating me (poor reason I admit), but he seemed like he was trying to get anyone lynched so I put two behind his ear on night 1, and got the first recruit. But nobody put the threat and the deed together.

Day two we lynched my prime suspect so I stayed home. I thought without a kill we would know for sure that there was not standard mafia in town. And if no one died then perhaps talk of a SK'er would turn to a vig. I didn't want to declare what I was because I didn't want to be recruited. I did however want for the conversation to include suggestions for the vig's best night activity. (I am still new to this mafia stuff)

Day three there where suggestions about recruit one night/kill another, so I came right out and said that a simpler answer was an undeclared vig. But no one was listening again. And when I saw that Flow was going to be lynched (I wasn't convinced of that and didn't vote for it) I knew my deductions about Kratos where not going to be herd either. So with a dead towns player to avenge, I went out and killed Kratos. I suspected that either Kratos or I would be Safariguy's watched person. He was the only one besides myself who thought Kratos was scummy.

With both recruiters dead, I was going to declare today, but wanted to hear what Safariguy and Greg had to say first.

So here we are, the new guy has taken out the first night's recruit, dropped the final hammer on the first recruiter, (or would have killed him if the vote didn't go through), and has just killed the second recruiter while you lynched an innocent man. No applause folks, just throw money. :^)

The way I see it, we lynch Greg, and all we need to do is find the final recruited player from last night and we win. Surely there can't be anyone else against town with a 13 player start. Can there?

Vote Greg

For the record, I did say that the lack of night kill on Night 2 probably indicated a vig over an SKer as the vig doesn't have to kill every night.

Also, I'd like to point out that the scene flavor indicates the recruitee may have refused the recruitment. Something about "visiting again" makes me think this recruitment could be refused. We will see when greg is lynched whether this is true or not.

As for night actions, I'd ask that you guys hold off on killing me. If indeed there is another recruited person out there, I swear it isn't me. At least consider that I saved the neb mislynch when I easily could have let you guys lynch him. Town cred certainly is nothing compared to possibly being recruited, but I'd hope it's a mitigating factor. Also, Melkor not killing this night would basically confirm we don't have a SKer or mafia faction.

As for who kratos could have recruited, I think the best we can do right now is maybe Meta who he would most likely pick. Besides the more obvious play of me, I think he could have picked Hotshot due to playing together in the previous game. But that's just pure speculation from my point of view. If you guys really can't find someone else, I'll take the lynch tomorrow, but I really hope you guys have some sort of plan to find the last recruit otherwise.
Captain safariguy5

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:44 pm

safariguy5 wrote:As for who kratos could have recruited, I think the best we can do right now is maybe Meta who he would most likely pick. Besides the more obvious play of me, I think he could have picked Hotshot due to playing together in the previous game. But that's just pure speculation from my point of view. If you guys really can't find someone else, I'll take the lynch tomorrow, but I really hope you guys have some sort of plan to find the last recruit otherwise.

Lol, you conveniently forgot to mention that you were also part of our mafia group in the other game, so your argument there puts as much suspicion on you as it would on me.

kratos didn't recruit me last night, probably because people were already starting to get suspicious of me for leading the flow mislynch. Recruiting an already suspicious player isn't good recruiting.

Honestly, I have no idea if you were recruited or not... it would make sense, and follow his previous pattern of recruiting the cop. On the other hand, he might have thought that would be too obvious and recruited someone else. Unfortunately for you, if there is another recruit out there, you seem more likely than anyone else at this point. But I'll let someone else lead that charge, I don't trust my own arguments anymore after one mislynch and almost creating another.

I would recommend Melkor that you don't use your ability anymore, unless it's a sure thing somehow. More deaths with less discussion probably won't be helpful at this point.
Major HotShot53

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:14 pm

Not sure what the point of the game will be if we are left to find a needle in a haystack for the last recruit. Our night actions will be useless as the recruit won't be able to recruit new members, and they won't have killing powers. So that person now sits there with no power at all, but will be able to blend in with town. So, power roles are now basically VT, except for Melkor and his vigilante status.

I agree Melkor must not kill anymore. Let's do it through lynching, as there is no fear of recruitment any longer...I hope.

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:51 pm

HotShot53 wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:As for who kratos could have recruited, I think the best we can do right now is maybe Meta who he would most likely pick. Besides the more obvious play of me, I think he could have picked Hotshot due to playing together in the previous game. But that's just pure speculation from my point of view. If you guys really can't find someone else, I'll take the lynch tomorrow, but I really hope you guys have some sort of plan to find the last recruit otherwise.

Lol, you conveniently forgot to mention that you were also part of our mafia group in the other game, so your argument there puts as much suspicion on you as it would on me.

kratos didn't recruit me last night, probably because people were already starting to get suspicious of me for leading the flow mislynch. Recruiting an already suspicious player isn't good recruiting.

Honestly, I have no idea if you were recruited or not... it would make sense, and follow his previous pattern of recruiting the cop. On the other hand, he might have thought that would be too obvious and recruited someone else. Unfortunately for you, if there is another recruit out there, you seem more likely than anyone else at this point. But I'll let someone else lead that charge, I don't trust my own arguments anymore after one mislynch and almost creating another.

I would recommend Melkor that you don't use your ability anymore, unless it's a sure thing somehow. More deaths with less discussion probably won't be helpful at this point.

Well you're right of course, although how that game ended, I wonder if he would trust me not to rat him out :lol: . Maybe he thinks I have some sort of chronic backstabbing disorder.

I mean, I can definitely see why lynching me would be the right move (and I'd go along with it) I just hope you guys have some sort of plan to find out who the last person is.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Melkor52 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:59 pm

OK, so it seems like a short day to me. We lynch Greg and see what happens tonight. In theory, nothing happens and we all get a good night's sleep. Tomorrow we decide who to the last recruit is. If that is we don't win when we lynch Greg. What is the vote count?
Major Melkor52

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:30 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Well you're right of course, although how that game ended, I wonder if he would trust me not to rat him out :lol: . Maybe he thinks I have some sort of chronic backstabbing disorder.

I mean, I can definitely see why lynching me would be the right move (and I'd go along with it) I just hope you guys have some sort of plan to find out who the last person is.

We'll address it tomorrow. Honestly, the game could just stalemate if there is a powerless recruitee...the night scene should tell us more.

Postby benga on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:41 pm

okay lets do this

vote greg
Sergeant benga

Postby virus90 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:43 pm

well lets atleast wait till gregwolf announces his night action result? it might be usefull in a way.
and well i think there are still other PR in this game aswell.
ill wait for greg to post his results and might do a reread by then to come to a verdict about it, and what course to follow
Major virus90

Postby virus90 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:43 pm

got fastposted by benga.. hope greg is not dead now
Major virus90

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:03 pm

virus90 wrote:got fastposted by benga.. hope greg is not dead now

He's been recruited...we couldn't trust anything he says anyway. In fact, his post would only cause us to quibble over whether he was lying or telling the truth. He's better off hung.

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:05 pm

virus90 wrote:well lets atleast wait till gregwolf announces his night action result? it might be usefull in a way.
and well i think there are still other PR in this game aswell.
ill wait for greg to post his results and might do a reread by then to come to a verdict about it, and what course to follow

Since greg was recruited, he'll probably just lie and say he got guilty on someone. Or he could WIFOM it and declare someone was innocent when they were the other recruit. Or he could further WIFOM and say the he got guilty on the actual recruit.

I wouldn't trust what he says even if he does decide to say something.
Captain safariguy5

Postby virus90 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:09 pm

yeah thats right. but it is information. did not say you should trust it. but can be used.
but well we will see. the lynch is already done right?
Major virus90

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:22 pm

virus90 wrote:yeah thats right. but it is information. did not say you should trust it. but can be used.
but well we will see. the lynch is already done right?

By my count, he has 6 votes on him, with 5 needed... so yeah, I think that's a lynch. So far only you and he haven't voted for him.
Major HotShot53

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives