Conquer Club

Wishy-Washy Mafia (7/13) Endgame: Forgiveness (Town Win)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (7/13) N4:A Blank Check

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:15 pm

Melkor52 wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:Nice job rejecting the kool-aid safari :) I thought you were the most likely recruited, but your posts were sounding very townish... no wonder, you didn't know yourself you were recruited lol. And good job to us getting rid of the recruiters so fast.

After night 1, I thought there were 2 recruiters, and if you recruited someone who was already recruited, you'd kill them instead... so I figured on 2 enemy factions, and that I missed on my block. Considering there were 2 recruiters, his claimed protective role sounded reasonable.

Oh, goodness, Hotshot. You knew there were two recruiters. You knew the recruiting was referenced in the night actions. There was only one recruit action on N1...yet you never thought that the guy you blocked was the other recruiter? At least it worked out in the end. ;)

I should correct myself, that was my reasoning after night 2. I considered that it was possible kratos was a recruiter... but then when no-one died in night 2, I came up with my theory that the second recruiter killed night 1 because his recruit had already been recruited.

You know that would have been a lot easier to help me get the kratos lynch lol.

Help you? I was the one screaming at the top of my keyboard that he was the last recruiter. While everyone else was busy lynching Flow (including you) I was, as usual, being ignored. That's why I had to kill him off in a night action. But at least you admitted he was scummy, and would be a better lynch candidate.

He was referring to Hotshot's information. Had Hotshot come out with this, it would have been a sure lynch on Kratos.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (7/13) Endgame: Forgiveness (Town Win)

Postby Melkor52 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:51 pm

OK, my bad. It's also why HotShot was on my possible recruit list. When he claimed to know Kratos was blocked the first night, but never blocked him again to verify, it sounded very suspicious to me. Especially after he only claimed that he did until after I took Kratos out. It made me suspect that he had been recruited and so withheld the info until after Kratos took a dirt nap. Safariguy was my prime suspect, but Hotshot was a close second for last recruit.
Major Melkor52

Postby HotShot53 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:55 pm

Melkor52 wrote:OK, my bad. It's also why HotShot was on my possible recruit list. When he claimed to know Kratos was blocked the first night, but never blocked him again to verify, it sounded very suspicious to me. Especially after he only claimed that he did until after I took Kratos out. It made me suspect that he had been recruited and so withheld the info until after Kratos took a dirt nap. Safariguy was my prime suspect, but Hotshot was a close second for last recruit.

Lol, if I wasn't recruited until night 3, then I wouldn't have had any reason to withhold the information on day 2 or refrain from blocking him. I admit I was fooled by his claim.
Major HotShot53

Postby rishaed on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:06 am

Since it appears that all post-game discussion is done, will a moderator please move this to Archives :) Thanks!
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby benga on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:15 am

lol, we got more action after the mafia is over :P
Sergeant benga

Postby Melkor52 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:09 pm

HotShot53 wrote:
Melkor52 wrote:OK, my bad. It's also why HotShot was on my possible recruit list. When he claimed to know Kratos was blocked the first night, but never blocked him again to verify, it sounded very suspicious to me. Especially after he only claimed that he did until after I took Kratos out. It made me suspect that he had been recruited and so withheld the info until after Kratos took a dirt nap. Safariguy was my prime suspect, but Hotshot was a close second for last recruit.

Lol, if I wasn't recruited until night 3, then I wouldn't have had any reason to withhold the information on day 2 or refrain from blocking him. I admit I was fooled by his claim.

It was because I wasn't sure if Kratos had recruited you on night 1. This is my first mafia game and I didn't know if a recruitment was always stated in the night scene. I killed Anark first night so that would explain why we where told. And Safariguy saw Kratos visit Greg, so again some town player was there at the recruitment. Third night I killed Kratos so again a town player there at the recruitment. TFO never got a second chance to recruit, so no info there about recruitment being stated in the night scene. So if your claim about being a role blocker was false you might have been recruited first night. With the death of Kratos there was an opportunity for you to look like town.

Like I said, not proof, just on my radar as a possible recruit.
Major Melkor52

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (10/13) D3:The Mystery Drink

Postby Flow520 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:13 pm

rishaed wrote:
Flow520 wrote:Has anyone considered the idea that the game was designed for "town" as it is normally defined to fail?
I mean, if we are considering two recruiting groups, it's possible the game was designed for all the VT's to be quickly recruited into one of the two groups and the real game to be the battle between these two groups for dominance. So it's like "Wishy-Washy Mafia" because there is no mafia and instead the "Wishy-Washy" battle between two recruiting groups.

This was dead on lol! :roll: Unfortunately, the setup got destroyed rather quickly and it didn't play out as envisioned. (Oh dear.) There was lots of investigatish roles, no protectives (due to only a vig) and had issues rather quickly. Its unfortunate that both cult leaders got lynched/NK'd so quickly because I really wanted to see how it would have played out figuring out who the other one was.

Yay for being dead on.
Major Flow520

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives