Conquer Club

The Whitechapel Murderer- GAME OVER - TOWN WON

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Whitechapel Murderer- Day 1 begins on Pg 4

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:12 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:Official Vote Count
DoomYoshi 1 - FloresdelMal

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch!

This number will drop to 7.... Ehhhh... we'll say at 7pm/19:00 CCT.

Each day may not be a perfect 24 hour cycle for the drop in votes, due to my daily schedule never quite being the same, but I will always try to give decent notice beforehand!

Whoa...so you're starting at 8 and dropping from there? Can I request either a different starting point or a longer time interval between drops? This will be very bad for anyone not named Jack...

Would we rather have it start at the full roster? With 15 people, it would normally take 8 to hang, but if you all want to start at a higher number, just let me know... I suppose on Day 1, this may be especially bad for townies... You guys let me know.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:46 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:

Each day may not be a perfect 24 hour cycle for the drop in votes, due to my daily schedule never quite being the same, but I will always try to give decent notice beforehand!

Whoa...so you're starting at 8 and dropping from there? Can I request either a different starting point or a longer time interval between drops? This will be very bad for anyone not named Jack...

Would we rather have it start at the full roster? With 15 people, it would normally take 8 to hang, but if you all want to start at a higher number, just let me know... I suppose on Day 1, this may be especially bad for townies... You guys let me know.

No, it doesn't matter too much, d1 lynch is usually essentially random anyways.

Now backing off, max? Curious.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:52 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:What does Sherlock holmes have to do with it?

Seems to me to add a bit more spice to the game. The fictional character of Sherlock Homes bio runs parallel to the real life murders of Jack the ripper. Holmes would have been in his 30s or 40s in real life. There is also a game called Sherlock Holmes vs jack the ripper so having the Sir Connan Doyle universe in our game makes perfect sense.

Its a very nice touch actually. I have a hunch that Moriarty may be a killer as well as he certainly was a bad guy and Holmes's mortal enemy.

It's interesting that Nark would mix in some literary characters with some real ones. If indeed Sherlock Holmes is in this game, I would actually expect him to have an alternate win condition. I bet if he can get rid of Moriarty somehow, that would be the WC. Also, I would expect the same from Moriarty. Mutual lynchers seems to make sense to me.

Also, I would think it's extremely unlikely Moriarty is the killer.
Captain safariguy5

Postby gregwolf121 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:11 pm

i would question moriarty being in the game, as that would draw so focus away from jack. but if he is in the game, he would probably be a second SK,
Captain gregwolf121

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:49 pm

Are you guys skimming already? Did you not read the opening scene?

At 221B Baker Street, Sherlock Holmes and John Watson discuss their own intentions to catch one of the most dastardly villains to ever set foot in the country of England. However, they wondered if Holmes' archenemy, Dr. James Moriarty, had anything to do with these crimes.

Come on, town, let's not start off the day with poor play...

Metsfanmax wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:I'm cool with voting DY if we're on a compressed time schedule.

That's a rather flimsy excuse.

vote metsfan

I misread the post initially and thought we had a 24 hour deadline for D1. Now it makes more sense, so unvote.

This is interesting indeed. FOS Metsfanmax

Anarkistsdream wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:

I liked starting at full load and then dropping one a day...however, maybe if we reach 8 votes on RL day 3, it's still a lynch. Whatever you decide Anark...just as long as we know what the rule is, and it's consistent. Thanks.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:52 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Are you guys skimming already? Did you not read the opening scene?

Yes.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:54 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:I'm cool with voting DY if we're on a compressed time schedule.

That's a rather flimsy excuse.

vote metsfan

I misread the post initially and thought we had a 24 hour deadline for D1. Now it makes more sense, so unvote.

This is interesting indeed. FOS Metsfanmax

No it's not. I've never played in a game where the lynch condition changes with time.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby gregwolf121 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:00 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Are you guys skimming already? Did you not read the opening scene?

At 221B Baker Street, Sherlock Holmes and John Watson discuss their own intentions to catch one of the most dastardly villains to ever set foot in the country of England. However, they wondered if Holmes' archenemy, Dr. James Moriarty, had anything to do with these crimes.

no, i read it but as it says they wondered if he had anything to do with the crimes, so the question, at least to me remains open to whether Moriarty is in the game or not,
Captain gregwolf121

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:17 am

On a quick review, I only saw 12 confirms...who hasn't cofirmed yet? Are we starting with some inactives already?

Re: Let the day BEGIN!

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:03 am

Anarkistsdream wrote:

And evil slid silently through the streets at night, some more wicked than others.

How many more murders will the Ripper carry out? Will he ever be caught? And what of the other murders going on in London? Copycat killers? Was it the Ripper?

Sounds to me like there is more than one threat, "some more wicked than others". So I'd expect Moriarty to be in the game and a threat, and maybe even a third threat like a copycat killer.

Holmes and Watson are probably town, since they are going after the threats too per the scene.

(Are we already past the joke vote stage? I don't want to throw out a joke vote and then get killed for it lol)
Major HotShot53

Postby kratos644 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:42 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:On a quick review, I only saw 12 confirms...who hasn't cofirmed yet? Are we starting with some inactives already?

Hopefully not. That would suck. I know I haven't posted much yet but that's just a Monday and Tuesday thing because I work 14 hour days those days. I'll probably have more to post tonight/tomorrow. For now I must get back to work
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby strike wolf on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:28 am

I am feeling a bit under the weather right now and have a moderate fever. I'll post when I can but I'm probably not going be very active the next day or so depending on if this is just a bug or not.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:41 pm

Not skimming but I'm unsure whether Moriarty would be in this game or not. Given it's based on an event with a lot of mystery, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few red herrings in the scenes.
Captain safariguy5

Postby virus90 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:26 pm

seems to me that moriarity and holmes are "arch-enemy's" so should eliminate eachother. but think they also both need to eliminate jack so i dont believe that to be their WC. cant imagine holmes would be ok with Jack living. maybe the moriarity guy would, but that seems like bit of a lousy WC.
also many bonusses / easter eggs were mentioned, so there probably are unlock scenario's like in the valkyria chronicles maffia, most of you played that.
Btw, can anyone read the sc ribbly note... i'm not good at reading these :P which kind of sucks since i see many of these handwritten subscribtions for study / work.
on the clipping: Nebud you included 2 of the names of the clipping why not the others ? should thomas boyer be included as a possible character ? and the scotland yard detectives ? superintendant Thomas arnold ? Inspector Reid. btw if they all exist we have got a shit load of police. bit to good to be true...
or maybe dirty cops in this picture aswell, like HR in the serie Person of interest if anyone knows that. or the dirty cops in batman, probably better known :P
well these are just a few of my thoughts. thats it for now
Major virus90

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:10 pm

we are using same vote system we used in valkery?

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:22 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:okay, 15 of us. Here's my guess on breakdown...

1. Jack the Ripper - SK
2. Sherlock Holmes - 3rd party
3. Dr. Watson - 3rd party
4. Dr. Moriarty - 3rd party

5. Inspector Walter Beck - town (from clipping)
6. Sgt Edward Badham - town (from clipping)

7. Unknown - Whitechapel?
8. Unknown - Whitechapel?
9. Unknown - Whitechapel?

10. town
11. Frederick Aberline - Scotland Yard town
12. Robert Anderson - Scotland Yard town
13. Superintendant Thomas Arnold town
14. Inspector Edmund Reid town
15. town

I don't think the Whitechapel Vigilantes necessarily have the good of the town in mind, but want to just kill us all in hopes of hitting Jack. I think Holmes and Watson are out for themselves. I think the London police and other townies have the same goals. Jack is just trying to kill us all.

Thoughts?

There I fixed it for the others mentioned in the clipping (thanks Virus). It is a lot of detectives, but I suspect there will be misinformation, and contradicting evidence. Let's remember that when we think we have a sure thing.

So, metsfanmax, can you help me understand why you were willing to lynch Doom if there was a short time frame, but then took off your vote when you figured out we had more time? I don't understand your vote and unvote.

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:33 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:So, metsfanmax, can you help me understand why you were willing to lynch Doom if there was a short time frame, but then took off your vote when you figured out we had more time? I don't understand your vote and unvote.

I obviously have no case against DY, but still think a D1 lynch is good with 15 players, even if it's essentially random. Since we have more time to lynch than I thought, I unvoted because presumably there would be some new information coming to light before the end of the day, allowing me to make a more informed vote.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:48 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:

1. Jack the Ripper - SK

10. town
15. town

I don't think the Whitechapel Vigilantes necessarily have the good of the town in mind, but want to just kill us all in hopes of hitting Jack. I think Holmes and Watson are out for themselves. I think the London police and other townies have the same goals. Jack is just trying to kill us all.

Thoughts?

There I fixed it for the others mentioned in the clipping (thanks Virus). It is a lot of detectives, but I suspect there will be misinformation, and contradicting evidence. Let's remember that when we think we have a sure thing.

So, metsfanmax, can you help me understand why you were willing to lynch Doom if there was a short time frame, but then took off your vote when you figured out we had more time? I don't understand your vote and unvote.

I believe that its not quite as simple as that neb.

Lets say we lynch Jack day one or he gets killed night one. I highly doubt it will be "OK lads good game...on to the next one."
Jack is an SK who has the game named after him. It cant be one or two bad guys killing folks (taking moriarity into account/ speculation on my part) against just Town.

I am also going to assume that for jack to win he must be last man standing. That would be almost impossible with a fully roled Town.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Oh, I'm sure it's not simple at all. I'm sure Jack is terribly powerful. I think the Whitechapel vigilantes are overeager vigilantes who will kill. I'm sure Moriarty is out there looking for Sherlock. I'm sure all those "detective" roles will conflict with each other and cause all sorts of confusion. Don't take my "list" as saying the game will be simple...rather take it as something to get a discussion going.

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:04 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Oh, I'm sure it's not simple at all. I'm sure Jack is terribly powerful. I think the Whitechapel vigilantes are overeager vigilantes who will kill. I'm sure Moriarty is out there looking for Sherlock. I'm sure all those "detective" roles will conflict with each other and cause all sorts of confusion. Don't take my "list" as saying the game will be simple...rather take it as something to get a discussion going.

Based on what we know so far, there's not much evidence that Whitechapel are actually "mafia." If that's the case, then your projections about the inspectors have to be off. That is, they could be in the flavor but not necessarily in the game.

Postby strike wolf on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:20 pm

I would think alternate insanities and a possible miller is not out of the question to offset town's power. From the fact that there is a vigilante group, it is not much of a stretch to say that there is at least one scum in this game who is not fully bulletproof, though limited protection on one killer is also not out of the question.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby benga on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:09 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:

1. Jack the Ripper - SK

10. town
15. town

Thoughts?

That's just way too many inspectors, Moriarty should be in the game, just to balanced it vs town.

Metsfanmax wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Oh, I'm sure it's not simple at all. I'm sure Jack is terribly powerful. I think the Whitechapel vigilantes are overeager vigilantes who will kill. I'm sure Moriarty is out there looking for Sherlock. I'm sure all those "detective" roles will conflict with each other and cause all sorts of confusion. Don't take my "list" as saying the game will be simple...rather take it as something to get a discussion going.

Based on what we know so far, there's not much evidence that Whitechapel are actually "mafia." If that's the case, then your projections about the inspectors have to be off. That is, they could be in the flavor but not necessarily in the game.

Maybe there's no much evidence, but there is also none that there aren't mafia.

Neb and Mets already started throwing dust into our eyes :!:
Sergeant benga

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:53 am

benga wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Maybe there's no much evidence, but there is also none that there aren't mafia.

...that's exactly my point. If there are mafia and Whitechapel are not them, then it's very unlikely that we have so many inspectors.

Postby nagerous on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:58 am

strike wolf wrote:I would think alternate insanities and a possible miller is not out of the question to offset town's power. From the fact that there is a vigilante group, it is not much of a stretch to say that there is at least one scum in this game who is not fully bulletproof, though limited protection on one killer is also not out of the question.

That wouldn't surprise me either
Captain nagerous

Re: Let the day BEGIN!

Postby nagerous on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:02 am

HotShot53 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:

And evil slid silently through the streets at night, some more wicked than others.

How many more murders will the Ripper carry out? Will he ever be caught? And what of the other murders going on in London? Copycat killers? Was it the Ripper?

Sounds to me like there is more than one threat, "some more wicked than others". So I'd expect Moriarty to be in the game and a threat, and maybe even a third threat like a copycat killer.

Holmes and Watson are probably town, since they are going after the threats too per the scene.

(Are we already past the joke vote stage? I don't want to throw out a joke vote and then get killed for it lol)

I agree with this as well, I doubt there is just the single threat in this game, but probably either two or three lone individuals that the town is endangered from.
Captain nagerous

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives