Conquer Club

[Official] Breaking Bad Mafia 4/18 Blue. Town&DEA+rug win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Breaking Bad Mafia 4/18 Blue. Town&DEA+rug wi

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:34 pm

Roles:

show

Night Actions

show

As far as balance, I did take some chances with the balance in this game which is why I wanted Safari to take a second look at it. Overall I think it did turn out pretty well. The one role I would say that had the least chance to win was Betiko's to be fair but other than him I think the odds were reasonably stacked. Unfortunately for both mafia and cartel, I think their luck in this game was never good. Mafia lost two early including the watcher which can be an incredibly useful mafia role when used correctly and cartel's one extra kill ended up wiping out their own boss. So roles that could have been extremely useful for them ended up nullified.

Iron Butterfly wrote:
MoB Deadly wrote:I actually cant believe how convincingly the Town factions won, that had the potential to get bad real fast.

It could easily have turned that way. The fact that the factions were blind to who was who evened it for us. I have to say mafia had a hard win condition to earn a medal while Town had several ways to win.

BUT to have 6 mafia and an survivor faction that could kill AND a bomb..LOL....It could have been way worse.

I have to agree with Rodion that after all the fighting tooth and nail and to have it end on politics did make it anti climatic.

I feel mafia and cartel had a good chance. It worked out badly for them in a couple ways (I do kind of wish I had a few better fake claims, maybe had Marie as a fake and the DEA Captain as a role, but I feel like they were all at least better than Vanko (no offense Caffeine)) I thought about giving them alternate ways to win but that would have made the game even more complicated and as I said day 1 difficult to balance with the number of people in the game. It was an interesting situation. I saw the potential for that and originally I was going to make it so that Heisenberg would have won in case of a draw but that didn't seem fair to DEA nor did I like the idea of them tying (if there were an even number of DEA and Heisenberg left and no one else, I would have declared a draw but that was the only situation). In the end, I decided to let it play out as the chances of an even numbered DEA v Heisenberg showdown with no scum left seemed improbable enough to get away with it. In the end, that was part of the reason why I decided to give mob and TFO the option of calling it a game so that we didn't have to go through the arbitrary process of eliminating Mob the next day. This is one of those games where I feel like Mob and TFO played as good as anyone I saw but ended on the wrong side of the line.

Iron Butterfly wrote:Take nothing, I mean nothing for granted.

I WANTED Jesse and Walter to win because I was Skinny Pete. That was my endgame goal. You think you know what I think about you, which can be way off at times. :lol:

I mean c'mon I side with Gomes and Marie over you two??

You thought you lost when you really had not...and there in lies your reason for losing.

Interesting. I had wondered if you were going to go with the canonical thought process of siding with Heisenberg though I was pretty sure you had sided with DEA when you decided to block TFO.

MVPs will be voted for by any and all players involved in the game. Anyone in a winning faction who survived past N1 is eligible. This includes:

Cooldeals, Rodion, Virus90, Rugbirn, Iron Butterfly, Storrzerg (x-stor-x) and Metsfanmax

Please vote in the thread.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:54 pm

So why does it say that i Tracked Rodion and shows nothing? When Rodion Blocks IB? Shouldn't it show up that i see where he went? (didn't effect the game as far as i can tell just wondering why)
Major StorrZerg

Postby virus90 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:57 pm

well i was as useless as i said, and i was under the impression that just hank and me where DEA, pretty sure it said that aswell in my rolemessage.
i had no ability to talk to hank, and had no abilitys myself, i felt very underpowered, and checked with the mod if that really was how it was supposed to be, when hank died i thought i was screwed because i would always be up against a 2 man heisenberg party, without any powers, but turns out i had another DEA.

its funny to see how i have voted on scum EVERY day, day 1 was on the PCM

here a list of all my votes:
day 1: Superkeener (Cartel Godfather)
day 2: voted rishaed, FOSsed gregwolf (Tio salamance, maffia bomb) , but kept my vote on rishaed (Gus, Maffia Godfather), then first was not on the caffeine (Mike, Maffia watcher) case but was first to sway after the claim because he basicly claimed DEA, which i did not believe, because i was dea.
day 3: vote rishaed
day 4: had no vote because of meth but spoke out my support for the lynch of jonty
day 5: voted rishaed (and finally he got killed, more then 1 month after my first vote on him, lol the irony)
day 6: my first non maffia vote: TFO. but i needed a dead heisenberg to win, and we got all others

with my 1 night action i got from the meth i decided to save rugbirn since i thought i was a lonely DEA and i needed to make a play somehow to win this, and needed an ally.
I was suspicious of the marie / DEA claim but shut up about it because i knew that even if it where not true i would need it to even have a shot at making it to the end, and im happy that neither of us discussed our doubts, because that would have cost us the game for sure.

it was a nice game and i really enjoyed it :) thx for the nice modding!
Major virus90

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:59 pm

StorrZerg wrote:So why does it say that i Tracked Rodion and shows nothing? When Rodion Blocks IB? Shouldn't it show up that i see where he went? (didn't effect the game as far as i can tell just wondering why)

Rodion himself was blocked so he went nowhere.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:23 pm

(can't vote self right ;)

Vote Virus For MVP
So Virus did do A lot of good things. While he wasn't the most aggressive person with his opinions, yet he did do a good job with explaining his thoughts when he did post. He played pretty intelligently in the last few days as well.
Last edited by StorrZerg on Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:24 pm

strike wolf wrote:
StorrZerg wrote:So why does it say that i Tracked Rodion and shows nothing? When Rodion Blocks IB? Shouldn't it show up that i see where he went? (didn't effect the game as far as i can tell just wondering why)

Rodion himself was blocked so he went nowhere.

missed that lulz
Major StorrZerg

Postby Rodion on Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:30 pm

Hmmmm, perhaps DEA was overpowered after all, considering Betiko was kind of an (unknown) ally.

Why did you track me?
General Rodion

Postby Rodion on Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:35 pm

Also, Strike:

1 - Which fakeclaims did you give to each faction?

2 - What was the pool of possible random actions the meth could have awarded us? Were all of them equally likely to be chosen? Once a certain action was chosen, would it leave the pool or not (if so, would it ever return the pool? When?)? How did you randomly process all that?
General Rodion

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:59 pm

Rodion wrote:Also, Strike:

1 - Which fakeclaims did you give to each faction?

2 - What was the pool of possible random actions the meth could have awarded us? Were all of them equally likely to be chosen? Once a certain action was chosen, would it leave the pool or not (if so, would it ever return the pool? When?)? How did you randomly process all that?

I deleted the full list apparently but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head. Each was evenly weighted (If the action had been allowed to go through the last action would have been the tracking ability). Once an action was used, it was eliminated from the possibilities for one night and was weighted against for the remainder.

1. Watch
2. Track
3. Cop
4. Vig
5. Doc
6. Jail keep
7. flavor cop

Cartel Fake claims:

Huell Babineaux
Combo Ortega
Jane Margolis

Mafia fake claims

Gale Boetticher (meant to mention this was a possible miller claim. Weak otherwise)
Andrea Cantillo
Elliot Schwartz

As far as roles, I left that open but gave them both short list of possibilities. Joat/inventor, magnet, vt, Bodyguard, Rolecop....

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:01 pm

I should also mention that Betiko would have died but incapacitated Hank if he targeted him.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:06 pm

[quote="MoB Deadly"]Then why would you jail TFO. Thats what lost it for us.

My reasoning was that as Town I did not want to be held hostage by what you and TFO could dictate. I wanted an even playing field, which i guess it never really was. If I did not block TFO the power and control would go to you and TFO. By blocking, Rugbirn and I decided it.
You jail him he cant meth. So I was forced to drive TFO to avoid him getting jailed, and obviously Rodion blocked me.
Your decision of who you wanted to side with was already made then.
------
If instead you jailed anyone else besides me or TFO we would have won because we had both bus and Meth

you 100% decided the winners.

I am sorry but there was also a bit of paranoia on my part, which is why i gave Rodion a heads up. I was fairly certain we would win with DEA. While you would think I would believe I could win with Heisenberg I at least knew the color of DEA.

I am telling you that if TFO had put forth a tad more effort in gaining our trust, for lack of a better word, any logical and sincere argument may have worked....but it is what it is. You spend all game trying to convince everyone you have Towns best interest and when it really counts you guys threw in the towel.

The promise of lifetime premium by Rodion also influenced why I did what I did.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Rugbirn on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:15 pm

Great job Strike - Thank You ! My only complaint was that I wish you had made the Salamaca cousins a different color than mine! That was difficult to explain to my hard core lynching fans like IB and Jonty. For MVP I'm voting for IB, not because he was my most loyal supporter (ha, ha), but because I never really had a good read on him the whole game and I went back & forth several times on his affiliation. He kept his identity well hidden till the end and played very strategically.
Corporal 1st Class Rugbirn

Postby pancakemix on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:02 am

DEA is much stronger than Heisenberg in this setup. Two double-edged sword PRs vs. 3 with two strong PRs is bad news for Heisenberg.

I'm pissed I died so fast in this one. I was doing really well, and I really love this series so I wanted to, like, play it. :P Nevertheless, it was fun to watch from a distance.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:21 am

virus90 wrote:its funny to see how i have voted on scum EVERY day, day 1 was on the PCM

here a list of all my votes:
day 1: Superkeener (Cartel Godfather)
day 2: voted rishaed, FOSsed gregwolf (Tio salamance, maffia bomb) , but kept my vote on rishaed (Gus, Maffia Godfather), then first was not on the caffeine (Mike, Maffia watcher) case but was first to sway after the claim because he basicly claimed DEA, which i did not believe, because i was dea.
day 3: vote rishaed
day 4: had no vote because of meth but spoke out my support for the lynch of jonty
day 5: voted rishaed (and finally he got killed, more then 1 month after my first vote on him, lol the irony)
day 6: my first non maffia vote: TFO. but i needed a dead heisenberg to win, and we got all others

Vote Virus for this alone. I didnt realize he was so on the money this game.

And yeah I forgot to say Thanks Strike Wolf for an awesome game. Great Flavor, great roles! I was kind of nervous because I had not seen the show at all, but everything was pretty good!
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:36 am

Well played guys. For those who said my fake claim was weak, you should've seen the alternatives provided. I made my own.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby strike wolf on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:37 am

MVP

Virus (2)-Storrzerg, Mob Deadly
Iron Butterfly (1)-Rugbirn

pancakemix wrote:I'm pissed I died so fast in this one. I was doing really well, and I really love this series so I wanted to, like, play it. :P Nevertheless, it was fun to watch from a distance.

Yeah that was really bad luck.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby StorrZerg on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:48 am

Strike have any say on how the game went? your vote for mvp?
Major StorrZerg

Postby superkeener on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:14 am

Good game all. It was a blast for the short time I was alive!
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby strike wolf on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:37 am

Most seemed to play the game well in at least one way. I guess if I had to pick a few it would be either

Storrzerg-Kept the game highly active while alive which I liked.
Virus90-best day reads.

As for everyone else

IB, Metsfanmax and Rodion all played the game smart if a bit cautious. IB was the one who made the key move that gave the game to DEA.

Rugbirn's night action hit rate (protect town aligned vs mafia aligned) was pretty good considering he had decided to try to play the town route. His logic was sketchy at times though.

Cooldeals nothing really stands out to me about his posts but his one action that went through was important.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby rishaed on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:13 pm

Haha.... I was totally screwed after both PCM and Caff died, and I knew it. I guess I shoulda claimed something other than vengeful, but I didn't know what was still out there. Caff coulda pulled off the Watcher claim if CD hadn't investigated him. Still unsure why he claimed a DEA guy, IMO thats what really got him screwed over.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:09 am

rishaed wrote:Haha.... I was totally screwed after both PCM and Caff died, and I knew it. I guess I shoulda claimed something other than vengeful, but I didn't know what was still out there. Caff coulda pulled off the Watcher claim if CD hadn't investigated him. Still unsure why he claimed a DEA guy, IMO thats what really got him screwed over.

Give me a better alternative? It was unfortunate that cooldeals investigated me, since there really wasn't a reason.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby pancakemix on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:20 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
rishaed wrote:Haha.... I was totally screwed after both PCM and Caff died, and I knew it. I guess I shoulda claimed something other than vengeful, but I didn't know what was still out there. Caff coulda pulled off the Watcher claim if CD hadn't investigated him. Still unsure why he claimed a DEA guy, IMO thats what really got him screwed over.

Give me a better alternative? It was unfortunate that cooldeals investigated me, since there really wasn't a reason.

You did pick a character who was in one episode. That said, our fakeclaims were subpar at best. Andrea Cantillo was probably our best bet and even she's fairly minor. (Jane Margolis, may have been better? I really don't know)
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:26 pm

I have stopped reading after my death, but that was a very hard role i had.. I wasn t even a SK... And i had the scummiest nameclaim ever... The salamanca twins! No fakeclaim as i was just neutral...

I almost won though, the night i got killed i had big hesitations between tfo and rishaed as heisenberg... I chose wrong and rishaed targeted me that night too.

I think i might have played too pro town and made myself a target of choice for mafia.
Major betiko

Postby strike wolf on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:11 pm

strike wolf wrote:MVP

Virus (2)-Storrzerg, Mob Deadly
Iron Butterfly (1)-Rugbirn

pancakemix wrote:I'm pissed I died so fast in this one. I was doing really well, and I really love this series so I wanted to, like, play it. :P Nevertheless, it was fun to watch from a distance.

Yeah that was really bad luck.

To move things along, I'm going to say that vote by Monday and the one with the most votes then will get MVP.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:13 pm

i haven't followed the rest of the game; but i would vote stor because he did an impressive job as a rookie and all his leads were spot on.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives