Conquer Club

[Official] Breaking Bad Mafia 4/18 Blue. Town&DEA+rug win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Breaking Bad Mafia 6/18 D6: Alive

Postby Rodion on Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:55 pm

Since IB said he was blocking TFO, I blocked MoB. That should guarantee to keep the meth incognite out of the equation.

Now, it would have been highly ironic if you had gifted meth to Virus for him to lose his vote and he got a 1-shot vig. :lol:

Unofficial Vote Count

TFO (2) - Rodion, Virus
Rodion (1) - MoB

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
General Rodion

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:15 pm

vote TFO

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Rugbirn on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:24 am

vote TFO
Corporal 1st Class Rugbirn

Postby MoB Deadly on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:32 pm

Rodion wrote:Now, it would have been highly ironic if you had gifted meth to Virus for him to lose his vote and he got a 1-shot vig. :lol:

We talked about that! :lol:
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby MoB Deadly on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:33 pm

Nooooooooo ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Im salty about this. I feel like I put a lot of effort into this. ugh....... I wanted that medal!
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:36 am

Back from Easter.

TFO (4)-Virus90, Rodion, Iron Butterfly, Rugbirn
Rodion (1)-Mob Deadly

That is a lynch. Scene will be in two hours.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:16 am

End Game

Walter White sat in his room. He had once hoped to turn the town on the DEA but now they were after him. He had made his call, all he had to do was get his money and he could be out of town before they could find him. Saul would see to that. Getting the last of it together, he threw it into his car and headed down to where the lawyer said to meet.

Saul: Do you have the money?

Walter: Of course.

Saul: All of it?

Walter: *Agitated.* Yes. All of it. Now where's this guy you said would be here.

Just then the street lit up with cop cars as officers swarmed him and one Steve Gomez knocked him to the ground and cuffed him.

Walter: Saul you son of a *****. What happened to lawyer-client confidentiality? huh?

Saul: Technically you never hired me. I'm really sorry Walt but a guy's got to eat and that doesn't include whatever crap they call it in prison.

Later across town, Jesse Pinkman watched the news as they hauled in Walter White or Heisenberg as he was known on the streets. So far no one had come for him but he knew it was only a matter of time. Walt may not rat him out but it was only a matter of time before someone else did. He packed up quickly taking whatever money was left and some clothes. His eyes lingered over some of the meth and he reached for before drawing back and leaving. Starting the car, he took one last look at his old house. The one that had been his aunt's before him and then peeled out of the drive way.

Theforgivenone-Walter White-Heisenberg Drug cook has been lynched.

Mob Deadly-Jesse Pinkman-Heisenberg Busdriver has conceded and been endgamed

Rodion, Iron Butterfly, Virus90, Rugbirn and the rest of town and DEA win.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Re: [Official] Breaking Bad Mafia 4/18 Blue. Town&DEA+rug wi

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:34 am

woot screw scum woot

finally can talk about the game, was a lot of fun for the first couple days i got to play :)
Major StorrZerg

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:49 am

So as far as flavor, Mets said something about Skyler not making sense as the doctor and that it should have been Marie. While technically correct in the sense that Marie does work at a hospital assisting doctors, it doesn't come up directly in the show. Her social presence within the extended family and some kleptomaniac type acts are much more notable than her job. If you want to look for the character who usually protects people or convinces them to get treatment when they are uncertain about it, you should look to Skyler. I believe someone else said something about why would Saul Goodman be able to protect. Well the investigation immunity part is obvious in the fact that he's a lawyer who defends drug dealers but Saul is also well connected in that he knows a guy who can make you disappear if you need to bail town and that's what I counted as the protection part of his role. The only role that was completely off base flavor wise in my mind was Walter Jr as tracker. Originally I had Steve Gomez as tracker but I chose to switch them so that DEA did not have a monopoly on investigative power. As to why wasn't Saul, Badger or Pete in Heisenberg? again a bit of a balance issue but also because it was pretty much shown that the DEA weren't that interested in the low end dealers like Pete and Badger or even the scummy lawyers so much as they wanted the actual higher level guys, Jesse and Walter.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:16 am

seems resonable, my night actions had no impact though lol.

so now we talk about mvp?
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:20 am

also full roll list?
Major StorrZerg

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:30 am

Overall great game. I always enjoy the official games as on the whole they are well balanced. Even toward the end i was waiting for someone to unexpectedly change the game. I never ever felt the game was won or lost at any point until Rodion turned DEA and even then i was waiting to be lynched for unknown reasons.

A couple of points. First I still do not understand why we allowed Saul to live. Having Saul alive, regardless if he was telling the truth, led to the downfall of MoB and TFO. The simple fact that Betiko and him were aligned and their conversations...geez.

Second. MOB this is my opinion on why you lost from my perspective. When it came down to the 6 of us I realized that Rugbirn would comeback to haunt you and the true power of meth would show itself. I think you guys thought you may be in the home stretch because TFO had his "vote block". When TFO told "Rugbirn" You so purty" I decided I was going to side with DEA to end it as it seemed you guys took us for granted.

I feel bad for you MoB as you did play your heart out as did TFO. It really would be interesting to see if lying about Rodion would have changed things, which it would have. If Rodion got lynched you may have won because then we could not block the meth. The meth only got blocked because i blocked TFO and Rodion blocked MoB.

Fun and well played guys.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:03 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Second. MOB this is my opinion on why you lost from my perspective. When it came down to the 6 of us I realized that Rugbirn would comeback to haunt you and the true power of meth would show itself. I think you guys thought you may be in the home stretch because TFO had his "vote block". When TFO told "Rugbirn" You so purty" I decided I was going to side with DEA to end it as it seemed you guys took us for granted.

I feel bad for you MoB as you did play your heart out as did TFO. It really would be interesting to see if lying about Rodion would have changed things, which it would have. If Rodion got lynched you may have won because then we could not block the meth. The meth only got blocked because i blocked TFO and Rodion blocked MoB.

Fun and well played guys.

:roll:

Nah, we weren't banking on the vote block. When I discovered Rodion was DEA I knew we were done. The game basically went into a popularity contest which I knew was fruitless to try and fight.

I already knew you were 100% going to go with DEA over Heisenberg because I was butting heads with you during the game anyway. I thought you were scum early on, and you didnt trust me because I repeatedly refuse to claim my name.

I thought we could persuade Rugbirn because I REALLY WAS on his side since he claimed. (besides my claim to counter his claim). Me and Betiko were on the same page throughout most of it.

Rodion and Jonty both wanted Rugbirn dead after he claimed. So yeah *shrug*
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:12 pm

Take nothing, I mean nothing for granted.

I WANTED Jesse and Walter to win because I was Skinny Pete. That was my endgame goal. You think you know what I think about you, which can be way off at times. :lol:

I mean c'mon I side with Gomes and Marie over you two??

You thought you lost when you really had not...and there in lies your reason for losing.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:34 pm

Then why would you jail TFO. Thats what lost it for us.
You jail him he cant meth. So I was forced to drive TFO to avoid him getting jailed, and obviously Rodion blocked me.
Your decision of who you wanted to side with was already made then.
------
If instead you jailed anyone else besides me or TFO we would have won because we had both bus and Meth

you 100% decided the winners.

------
To try and keep jonty or rishead alive to lynch a DEA goes against everything town plays for and we would have been policy lynched for that eventually anyway. I didnt see any openings during the day time with the mafia being easy pickings.
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:55 pm

Next time an official mafia game gets going, someone give me a nudge. Maybe I'll take a look again. Its been years.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Rodion on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:57 pm

1- Strike, all role PMs and night actions, please? :)

2 - Quite frankly, I didn't like how the game ended, with people arbitrarily picking which town side to win. It leaves a bitter taste for a town-sided group to kill all mafia and then lose on some sort of special kingmaker scenario. I'd probably have declared it a tie between DEA/Heisenberg if they got to kill all anti-town before solving their internal dispute (unless one faction could endgame the other on their own).

3 - On Virus, I originally considered him to be mafia after his claim. I decided to claim town in order to hide from MoB/TFO, but MoB correctly realized I was DEA and that would have been a problem for me. When Virus claimed last and DEA, I thought he had just realized there were supposed to be multiple DEAs (to compete with multiple Heisenbergs) and that the true-DEA guy (me) had not claimed because he was afraid of Heisenberg, so he just picked a DEA claim that would clear him in the eyes of most of the town instead of risking his own fakeclaim. My original plan was to leave Virus unblocked (N4) so that he'd kill MoB/TFO (that's why my plan mentioned MoB not busdriving anyone other than his own team), then get rid of Heisenberg and THEN try to convince town that I was the actual DEA while Virus was just Cartel/Mafia.

4 - While I'm on that, I also considered not blocking Rugbirn N4 and blocking MoB instead (to guarantee Virus' shot would not have beem tampered with), but then I wouldn't really know if the kill was made by Virus or Rugbirn and I would have been forced to explain to everyone why I didn't follow my own plan. I decided to do as planned and block Rugbirn while hoping that MoB wouldn't busdrive Virus' potential NK away from himself (or from TFO).

5 - I also considered the possibility Virus was really DEA, but I only felt sure about that once Rishaed conceded. DEA's number advantage (3 x 2) would have been balanced with the fact that he was vanilla and that we were not masoned (at least I was not masoned).

6 - I was impressed upon seeing Storr's top D2 scumreads (Greg/Super) both flip scum. Still not sure how he managed to do that!
General Rodion

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:04 pm

yeah TFO really did not believe Virus' claim either. At the very least we did not believe he was VT. But yeah, no night kills meant an easy rishead lynch, we couldn't even bring virus on the table.
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:07 pm

I actually cant believe how convincingly the Town factions won, that had the potential to get bad real fast.
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby cooldeals on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:14 pm

Wow....I win. And to think Rodion and I were at each others throats at one point...lol.
Colonel cooldeals

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:24 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:I actually cant believe how convincingly the Town factions won, that had the potential to get bad real fast.

It could easily have turned that way. The fact that the factions were blind to who was who evened it for us. I have to say mafia had a hard win condition to earn a medal while Town had several ways to win.

BUT to have 6 mafia and an survivor faction that could kill AND a bomb..LOL....It could have been way worse.

I have to agree with Rodion that after all the fighting tooth and nail and to have it end on politics did make it anti climatic.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Rugbirn on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:29 pm

Yeah, gg everyone! I still don't know how I convinced you all to keep me alive. Many people were chomping at the bit to lynch me. I do feel sorry for MoB, but again all he had to do to get my loyalty was agree to do the switcheroo (in writing) N3. Even if he had said nothing would have been better than in essence saying "thanks, but no thanks, I'll check with WW". I didn't expect to survive N3 after he left me out to dry.
Corporal 1st Class Rugbirn

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:36 pm

Rugbirn wrote:Yeah, gg everyone! I still don't know how I convinced you all to keep me alive. Many people were chomping at the bit to lynch me. I do feel sorry for MoB, but again all he had to do to get my loyalty was agree to do the switcheroo (in writing) N3. Even if he had said nothing would have been better than in essence saying "thanks, but no thanks, I'll check with WW". I didn't expect to survive N3 after he left me out to dry.

Ah. Thanks, I see where I mis-stepped. yeah... it was tough to decide night actions.
We had to ensure the correct person got methed. At the very least a living town member and not a mafia who would throw us off track
and I had to ensure both me and TFO lived.

We were already taking risks for us to get that to happen, including sacrificing our own votes to make sure the right players get methed, trying to keep you alive in all that was a lot to ask.

But yeah, I should have given you some more reassurance that I was siding with you.
In complete hindsight, I am not sure I should have claimed at all. If i submarined a bit longer I think you could have defended yourself without me claiming.
But your first claim got me to think you were mafia poisoner at first, and I wanted to get my town credit then. I should have stayed quiet.
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Rodion wrote:1- Strike, all role PMs and night actions, please? :)

6 - I was impressed upon seeing Storr's top D2 scumreads (Greg/Super) both flip scum. Still not sure how he managed to do that!

i had super day 1 actually, but pulled off him to go on virus for some reason :S

and i had jonty day 2 as well (that or i had him pegged night 2)
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:56 pm

Greg was nearly 100% on how he got replaced into the game. With what nag did and left. And then greg came into the game, he didn't even try to do anything on day 1. I consider he had plenty of time to say anything townie. (heck getting him to at least admit he was around was why i kept the pressure on him) + greg continued to do not to much imo ^_^

Super, i think i explained it pretty well on my day 1 read on him. I really think it just 100% just had to do with how i viewed his behavior in the game.

Jonty was more of looking at day 1 votes, seeing anark on him. Rereading and seeing that jonty literally voted for no reason. Seemed very sheepish and scummy.

As for day 1 anark, i could have done better with defending him. I was just really confused with the play that occurred AFTER i called him out on his suspect behavior. (I actually hadn't realized how close super vs anark was at a point. I really could have pushed super over and should have just ignored the comments of "welp thats a scummy wagon" or w/e. Each had said enough to seem reasonable at the time.

EDIT below

Just also want to comment that none of my night actions turned up anything important. (i did see who the doc saved but that was it) Neb saved IB if i recall that correctly
It was just 100% reads on why scummy people are scum ^_^

Few random comments to take as you will.
I think 10 days is way to long for a day phase. I think you can cut down the day phase in half, and still have plenty of time to do what you need to do. (heck im used to 48/24 hour cycles) Really helps to move the game forward and to have less stagnation imo. + then games don't last months.

I think overall generally, many of the players are too dependent on "flavor being a way to solve the game" And because of this, opinions seem to matter less, and people just wait for roles to claim and people Force roles to claim because they think they are blind. 1 example i think was when IAC got lynched. A cop claimed on him, and he claimed his name. (can't remember cause it was poor) The name seemed to make sense for the role tracker. Yet it was so obscure in a sense, that many people just said "welp sounds like a fake claim and it sounds terrible" or it was when people claimed their roles " o yeah that guy is obviously town" Now some of this is directed at the set up, and again its just my opinion, but i do feel that fake claims should be realistic. (i do love flavor games) And that claims should not be absolute when called.
Major StorrZerg

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives