Conquer Club

Emotions Mafia {6/10} GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Emotions Mafia {8/10} Day 2: No More Guilt

Postby virus90 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:47 pm

edwop: someone else wants me to claim *

raise the pressure! :)
Major virus90

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:24 pm

virus90 wrote:can someone put me at l1 if someone else wants me to pressure aswell, i rather take the risk of scum hammering then claiming on such a weak case. I wonder if there is anyone else who really thinks i am the scummiest player around? and for what reason(s) that would be. (This post not being counted as a reason.)
so me and the rest of town can kill one of the guys that are now pushing for a claim on this weak case.

So in essence you refuse to claim at L2, which in this case I think is fair. I highly doubt there is a double voter and anyone who hammers would be immediately suspect. We had this discussion in another small game about the need to claim at L2. as this game wears on that will become even more important, as long as we have consensus.

What I do dislike about your post is that you are asking for someone else to make a case for you, which is what you did when you voted Zivel. It was as if you were seeking permission to vote Drake or Zivel instead of having an opinion of your own. You only voted Zivel after I offered you my opinions on why Zivel was more scummy then Drake. You used my reasons, which I find odd because you at one point voted me because I voted Zivel.

Time to put your big boy pants on. Make your own cases instead of relying on others to piggy back on.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:51 pm

I am here, but these last 3 days have been hectic (including tonight, going to a concert). I'll reread when I get home tonight. (Posting at work, and boss can see my screen.)
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Whatsausage on Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:54 pm

MudPuppy wrote:
Whatsausage wrote:Your point number one however... How do you figure that would only leave two town?

He's just saying town will have lost two more... not that town will have only 2 remaining.
So, IB's vote puts virus at L-2.

Oh icic, I read one too many "to"s in there haha
Captain Whatsausage

Postby Whatsausage on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:14 pm

virus90 wrote:can someone put me at l1 if someone else wants me to pressure aswell, i rather take the risk of scum hammering then claiming on such a weak case. I wonder if there is anyone else who really thinks i am the scummiest player around? and for what reason(s) that would be. (This post not being counted as a reason.)
so me and the rest of town can kill one of the guys that are now pushing for a claim on this weak case.

So you are basically saying it will be a scummy move to put you at L-1? Is this a balls check or something? It seems as though your plan is to see if someone has the guts to put you at L-1 to get you to claim, and then you will place a case against them for placing the town at risk of a scumhammer. I argue that you are creating this risk yourself by your refusal to claim until you are at the brink. If you truly are town, you wouldn't be putting yourself, and therefore one of our valuable numbers, at such a risk. You are putting the town at much greater risk by not claiming than by just telling your role for even the scum to see. So unless you have an incredible power role, you are putting the whole town at greater risk. Weighing the risk, I vote virus

I get that you think the case on you is weak, but L-2 is claim time. There definitely isn't a stronger case on anyone else at this time, and you have only made the case against you stronger by not going along with our main power: the ability to pressure for claims.

The way it looks to me more and more is that you don't have a good claim, and plan a last ditch turnaround bandwagon for someone putting you at risk of being lynched.

You had better have a good claim and claim quickly if you are town.
Captain Whatsausage

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:32 pm

If anyone hammers they will be the number one mafia suspect if Virus flips Town.

Virus you need to claim.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby virus90 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:17 pm

im am Fear, i am town (blue). but no VT.
would like to leave it with this since i dont have any additional information that helps town at this moment, anything else will only help maffia.
Major virus90

Postby jak111 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:25 pm

ATTENTION

A shot rings out, Despair is hit before collapsing to the ground and bleeds out.

TheForgivenOne: Despair ~ Cop has been killed.

VOTE COUNT

jonty125
pancakemix
MudPuppy
Whatsausage
virus90 ~ PCM, jonty, IB, Whatsausage LYNCHED
Iron Butterfly
drake_259 ~ MP (L3)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch, successful lynch made!

As TheForgivenOne passes away, the town surround another who claimed to be a PR. This PR had a few tricks up his own sleeve, but nothing to stop the town from hanging him. As this emotion is killed off, a vest is dropped to the floor, able to stop bullets, but not a mob.

virus90: Fear ~ Bulletproof has been lynched!

The uncorrupted emotions are outnumbered as Braveness and Determination pass away from Nathan's mind.

Kindness, Respect and Depression surround Anger, Pride and Surprise, executing them one by one. Now Nathan's corrupted emotions control his mind. Nothing can stop the deaths of thousands as he makes his way to Sochi, Russia. Due to his depression corrupting the balance of Respect and Kindness Nathan will be the suicide bomber of the 2014 Winter Olympics.

(Will post information in a bit, I am a bit disappointed with how this game turned out though, but more on that later).

WINNERS: Whatsausage: Kindness ~ Nilla
pancakemix: Respect ~ Sniper
MudPuppy: Depression ~ Roleblocker
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Re: Emotions Mafia {6/10} GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!

Postby jak111 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:41 pm

ACTIONS

Night 1

Mafia blocked by balance handi-cap (if Zivel is killed/lynched Day 1 mafia go into a no-kill night)
MudPuppy BLOCKS jonty125
Iron Butterfly TRACKS jonty125
TheForgivenOne INVESTIGATES drake

ROLES

Despair ~ TheForgivenOne
[Playerā€™s name]. You are Despair, perhaps not always the wisest emotion, desperate times can sometimes be the thing to see people through.

You are a COP.

You may investigate one person every night and know whether they have the town win condition or not.

Eliminate the corrupted emotions to win.

Fear ~ virus90
[Playerā€™s name]. You are Fear, sometimes fearful of things can get a person killed by causing hesitation, other times being fearful saves them.

You are a Bullet Proof

You may be shot ONCE and survive, you will be called out though in scene, next time you are hit you will die.

Surprise ~ Iron Butterfly
[Playerā€™s name]. You are Surprise, thereā€™s a handful of tricks out there and youā€™re sure to surprise a few with some.

You are JOAT

You have; 1 shot tracker, 1 shot watcher, 1 shot bus driver. Use them wisely.

Happiness ~ Zivel
[Playerā€™s name]. You are Happiness, how can you be possibly bad?

You are a Vanilla Townie (NO NIGHT ACTIONS)

Pride ~ jonty125
[Playerā€™s name]. You are Pride, Pride can be taken too far at times, but being proud of your work is never something to be ashamed of.

Anger ~ drake_259
[Playerā€™s name]. You are Anger, Anger is usually viewed as a negative emotion, however anger can be motivation to succeed.

Envy ~ NoSurvivors
[Playerā€™s Name]. You are Envy, the most jealous emotion there is. Wanting something that someone else has and you want. However, Envy can be goal setters.

You are a Doctor/Lover.

Pick a person every night to protect from night kills (besides yourself).

Your lover is [Happiness]. If they die, so do you. You may NOT communicate with them at night.

Make sure [Happiness] fulfills their win condition to win AND survives, you do not need to survive.

Depression ~ MudPuppy
[Playerā€™s name]. You are Depression, the most negative emotion of all. No good ever comes from you.

You are a Role Blocker.

Your mafia mates are [PN] and [PN], [Sniper] does not attend night meetings (no messaging them).

Outnumber all other parties to win.

Kindness ~ Whatsausage
[Playerā€™s name]. You are Kindness, perhaps being kind in the wrong situation can also be bad.

You are a Nilla (no night actions mafia).

Your mafia mates are [PN] and [PN], [Sniper] does not attend night meetings (no messaging them).

Respect ~ pancakemix
[Playerā€™s name]. You are Respect. What happens when people do not respect you back though? Perhaps respecting the wrong people can get you in a bad place.

You are a Sniper.

You have ONE bullet that you may shoot at anytime during the day (PM me before day ends/lynch happens).

Your mafia mates are [PN] and [PN] however you do not participate in mafia meetings so you may not contact them at night.

Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby MudPuppy on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:45 pm

Nice shootin', pancake.

Good game all.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby jak111 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:48 pm

This is what happened.

Day 1, town rushed on an inactive (one that had the fate of another in his hands) and killed him causing 2 deaths which kicked in the saver for town to stop them from losing from just one mislynch.

Then Day 2, you guys pushed him too close and the sniper shot to kill someone causing an even 3v3 which mafia auto wins.

Perhaps I made too many mafia roles, but Respect had a HIDDEN trigger (if Kindness died, he'd become secretly third party with a win condition of ending the game with a single mafia and single townie left, taking the win for himself.

But what really killed the balance was you thought you NEEDED to kill someone Day 1 when you guys had no PR action.

TECHNICALLY IB could of made it 3v2 if he used busdriver tonight, but normal rules and all XD

Though how this game played out.. not even Night 2.. I am disappointed with the activity that caused odd lynches with little talking in between bandwagons.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby MudPuppy on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:01 pm

Interesting setup... I had fun in my first game but it definitely did seem quite mafia-heavy. Even with the no NK handicap the lovers and Sniper gave mafia a pretty huge edge.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby jak111 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:08 pm

It was a bit mafia heavy, but I did give town a few power roles to counter some of them. The chances of Zivel dying Day 1... I admit that caught me off guard a bit.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:25 pm

This is what happened.

Day 1, town rushed on an inactive (one that had the fate of another in his hands) and killed him causing 2 deaths which kicked in the saver for town to stop them from losing from just one mislynch.

Then Day 2, you guys pushed him too close and the sniper shot to kill someone causing an even 3v3 which mafia auto wins.

Perhaps I made too many mafia roles, but Respect had a HIDDEN trigger (if Kindness died, he'd become secretly third party with a win condition of ending the game with a single mafia and single townie left, taking the win for himself.

But what really killed the balance was you thought you NEEDED to kill someone Day 1 when you guys had no PR action.

TECHNICALLY IB could of made it 3v2 if he used busdriver tonight, but normal rules and all XD

Though how this game played out.. not even Night 2.. I am disappointed with the activity that caused odd lynches with little talking in between bandwagons.[/quote

No offense but your games sucked balance wise and sucked hard I will think twice before joining another of yours. 3 mafi and a third party doc tied to a Town is complete BS.

Then you try to foist its failure on the activity? Your set up was completely borked.

The loss of a game or its failure should not be dictated by one scenario....you are saying Town lost because it did not follow a specific set of possible options.

Ill say it agaian 3 mafia, a third party doc ties to Town PLUS a sniper? Friggin joke!!

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:44 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:This is what happened.

Though how this game played out.. not even Night 2.. I am disappointed with the activity that caused odd lynches with little talking in between bandwagons.[/quote

No offense but your games sucked balance wise and sucked hard I will think twice before joining another of yours. 3 mafi and a third party doc tied to a Town is complete BS.

Then you try to foist its failure on the activity? Your set up was completely borked.

The loss of a game or its failure should not be dictated by one scenario....you are saying Town lost because it did not follow a specific set of possible options.

Ill say it agaian 3 mafia, a third party doc ties to Town PLUS a sniper? Friggin joke!!

As much as I've modded some lopsided games sometimes :oops: From an outsiders view, in this game the townies didn't even have a chance. A: Flavor-wise easy mislynches. B. your mafia was a third: normal for most things but considering the most common scenario( mislynch, NK, ???/Sniper, easy quickhammer) Lynching is common D1, especially on this forum (and you should know this Jak), best would have been 3 goons/ 2mafia 1GF/1 Goon to allow for at least D3 which gives town a chance at least. The tying of a 3-rd Party Doc to a VT is also meh....If your going to make them lovers make them lovers, if not well don't tie the protective to it. Also if you wanted to keep the setup this game should have been NV.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby pancakemix on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:13 pm

Yeah, that snipe was my plan from the outset. All that had to happen was to get someone to L-1 D2 with no losses.

I'd say if my role had been town it would have probably been balanced a bit more.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:26 pm

LOL...THIS is why we claim at L2!!!!!

So much for worry about a double voter. The one time I break that rule...Har never again.

For the record MudPuppy you played well but I was most defiantly on to you.

The other problem was that my role was only good if I could use it.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby virus90 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:11 pm

well i could not have thought of this when i said put some more presure on, i was ok with dying for town. but i have never seen this shit.
3 maffia in a 10 player game seems to be (to) much.
well this was a quick one...
Major virus90

Postby Whatsausage on Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:16 am

Yeah the game did end up a little unbalanced, especially with PCM having a day kill like that. But then again, most games end up unbalanced one way or the other. I have to ask, would us other mafia have been told in the case that PCM switched to third party? His one use kill didn't really make too much of a difference however, since MP could have just speedhammered for the win more or less.
Captain Whatsausage

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:28 am

Whatsausage wrote:His one use kill didn't really make too much of a difference however, since MP could have just speedhammered for the win more or less.

Should I have hammered? I was thinking about it but opted not to since I felt town may have a killer role to help keep things balanced. So, my hammer would've ended the day with town up 4-3 and a likely NK to even things to 3-3 for the win. However, if town could kill, or otherwise thwart our kill (e.g., bulletproof), they woulda still been up 1 with a lot more info to go on. I thought we'd be in good shape even without the kill so I opted not to... but it was a strong consideration.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:34 am

Woooooooooooooooooow. The unbalancedeness (shaddup, it's my word)... is killing me.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Whatsausage on Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:58 am

MudPuppy wrote:
Whatsausage wrote:His one use kill didn't really make too much of a difference however, since MP could have just speedhammered for the win more or less.

Should I have hammered? I was thinking about it but opted not to since I felt town may have a killer role to help keep things balanced. So, my hammer would've ended the day with town up 4-3 and a likely NK to even things to 3-3 for the win. However, if town could kill, or otherwise thwart our kill (e.g., bulletproof), they woulda still been up 1 with a lot more info to go on. I thought we'd be in good shape even without the kill so I opted not to... but it was a strong consideration.

I guess I wasn't too worried about a town killer, since there wasn't one the first night. (But it makes total sense even for a vig not to kill N1, since he would likely be taking a shot in the dark. Ha!) And it turns out that they had a jack of all trades and bulletproof could've been a drag. You made a good choice not to
Captain Whatsausage

Postby jonty125 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:17 am

3 mafia in a player 10 game!! Well, good game all, thanks for hosting jak.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby drake_259 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:24 am

Ha Mud just said it over and over, i just knew. That list itself was just so scummmmmmy really looking like your trying to help

I just couldn't put anything hard on you.

I had a feeling PCM might have been bad but sausage nothing.

Why do yous vote for virus overnight Arghhh nothing scummy about him.

GG Maybe i should join another game here sometime that is a little bit more level.
Tournament Sign Ups:
Carcassonne Win 3 Months Tournament Prize
Battle For Medals! Round 2
Corporal drake_259

Postby jak111 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:52 pm

https://epicmafia.com/setup/42512

This is a 3 mafia game in a NINE player game. (with town only having 3 power roles and of course 3 VT's).

The 3 mafia in the game is not the killer, it's perhaps the roles I put in with them that sort of done goofed.

(Also note in the setup I linked to mafia has a 55.5% win ratio with town at about a 44.5%, I added the town tied 3rd party in hopes to even out it to 50/50 more)

And NO, the mafia would not know pcm turned 3rd party, his job would be difficult enough without a killing role knowing he is no longer sided with him.

But yes, I was surprised at how quickly the game ended as well, I was hoping to get to post more scenes and get down to an epic 3-man stand off!

Though I think the next game I host I'll have a locking mech on voting so that people only vote when they are sure they want to vote that person (basically once a vote is made, it's LOCKED, so use FOS's instead of straight up voting and giving mafia a chance to hammer).

I definitely did not plan for 2 people to die BOTH days. The lover duo dying D1 and BP being lynched D2 surprised me, it want from an available mis-lynch to a LYLO (lynch or lose) situation very quickly XD
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives