Conquer Club

Emotions Mafia {6/10} GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Emotions Mafia {6/10} GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!

Postby pancakemix on Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:32 pm

I don't think the problem was 3 mafia so much that it was 3 mafia plus 3rd party. Doc tied to lover effectively means there is no doc (because who else would he protect?). BP doesn't help much because once outed it's useless (virus's half-claim would either tip them off or lead to a distrusting lynch) and the JOAT doesn't have much ammo with two educated guess investigations and a busdrive (highly unwieldy and with so few PRs, not useful), especially when mafia have a blocker to counter any one of those. Again, maybe if I had been town (or already had the mole WC) it would have helped.

As far as not expecting one particular person to get lynched Day 1, that's also a flaw. I think balancewise you have to plan for a lynch, and if you do that, there's a 10% of any given player getting it. The safety measure kind of negates that, but you shouldn't need a safety measure.

Thinking about it, it could have gone worse: Lynch IB-->Block NoS-->Kill Zivel-->Snipe TFO-->Endgame on D2. Relies on getting lucky but it shows a possibility that needs to be planned for.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Re: Emotions Mafia {6/10} GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!

Postby jak111 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:29 pm

Yeah, I'm gonna have to tweak anything like this a bit more.

The voting thing I will also fix next time around to force people to talk before quickly placing down their votes with no breathing time for people to speak up.

Though I think perhaps I should not of made pancake a killer role, while he was at the disadvantage of not talking to any of his mates nor having anything besides one bullet, that one bullet proved to be a game ender.

While yes, NoS would need to protect Zivel, to fulfill the win condition he may have to branch out to protect a power role if pressure is not on Zivel. Another problem which was an honest mistake by NoS was he did not read his pm carefully (he was not aware that he'd die if Zivel did).

In the end, it's a game and mafia won fair and square (lucky buggers getting the easy win route). So congrats, but you know it's gonna make me want to make it harder for the next group of mafia in my games to win :lol:
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives