Conquer Club

The Village of Secrets [GAME OVER] Werewolves Win!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Village of Secrets [5/15] Day 6

Postby jak111 on Wed May 21, 2014 8:18 pm

Vote kgb

I think you tried to trick me yesterday.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby mtamburini on Wed May 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Still going to vote my fos from yesterday vote KGB
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby jak111 on Wed May 21, 2014 8:23 pm

MudPuppy wrote:4 no votes yesterday? Really??? Clearly there's few town left. Guess it's a fight between two non-town groups. I'm guessing the game is lost for me with my two confirmed townies killed off the past two nights.

If Jak is scum then the rest of you screwed up big time. Which leads me to believe he truly is town-aligned and most of the rest of you are anti-town. While mtamburini had been my scum lead (aside from jak) through yesterday, I can't shake the feeling that kgb has been playing us with his sketchy claim and not so believable attack on Jak today. Hopefully it's not too late to save this game but...

Vote kgb

jak111 wrote:Vote kgb

I think you tried to trick me yesterday.

mtamburini wrote:Still going to vote my fos from yesterday vote KGB

Hopefully it's not too late to save this game but...

NOW it's too late to save this game. ;)
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby MudPuppy on Wed May 21, 2014 8:29 pm

Hmmmm... that happened a bit too quickly for my liking. Hammered... second guessing myself... which I've been doing all game. Well-played Jak and mtamburini. Curious to see what the other alignments were and why Nark didn't hammer Jak last night.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby jak111 on Wed May 21, 2014 8:35 pm

MudPuppy wrote:Hmmmm... that happened a bit too quickly for my liking. Hammered... second guessing myself... which I've been doing all game. Well-played Jak and mtamburini. Curious to see what the other alignments were and why Nark didn't hammer Jak last night.

I think the rest really are town to be honest. Well... kgb's role perhaps might be 3rd party... The game is over now (2v2 = ENDGAME).

One thing I disliked was the 3 mafia thing. Sure they're all basic goons, but they had 3 people, we only had 2. The fact that we're both alive at ENDGAME is surprising (the fact I killed 2 mafia is surprising, I tried to let at least one live so that they could help kill off town PR's and clears faster XD). I was worried about a tracker so I had to claim something. :P
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby MudPuppy on Wed May 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Guess that was a pretty dumb move on my part if both Nark & kgb were town... but I really had been doubting kgb since his claim... and was obviously thrown by the 4 no votes last night... that led me to completely second guess my suspicion of Jak & mtaburini. Oh well... this will be my first death in Mafia. Congrats guys!!!
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby MudPuppy on Wed May 21, 2014 8:45 pm

I actually probably coulda gotten a third read and outed Storr 'cause keener forgot I was a 2-shot :P
My PM to keener after my limit and he prompted me for not submitting my N3 action:
MudPuppy wrote:Aren't I out of night actions? I thought I was limited to two (both used).
If I misunderstood and still have 1 or more, I'd like to investigate StorrZerg.

Thanks,

MP

One shot too few. :lol:
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby jak111 on Wed May 21, 2014 8:53 pm

MudPuppy wrote:I actually probably coulda gotten a third read and outed Storr 'cause keener forgot I was a 2-shot :P
My PM to keener after my limit and he prompted me for not submitting my N3 action:
MudPuppy wrote:Aren't I out of night actions? I thought I was limited to two (both used).
If I misunderstood and still have 1 or more, I'd like to investigate StorrZerg.

Thanks,

MP

One shot too few. :lol:

Haha, that would of actually made this game faster for us. Storr had a godfather perk basically. So your two-shot cop thing sort of was a let down for us. XD
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Official Vote Count 6.1

Postby superkeener on Thu May 22, 2014 1:16 am

Official Vote Count 6.1

Anarkistsdream (1): Anarkistsdream
jak111 (0):
LYNCHED kgb007 (3): MudPuppy, jak111, mtamburini
MudPuppy (0):
mtamburini (0):

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (1) kgb007

kgb007 a Town Match Maker has been lynched.

GAME OVER

The Werewolves, jak11 & mtamburini WIN!
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby superkeener on Thu May 22, 2014 1:31 am

Role Assignments:
show

Role PMs
show

Night Actions:
show
Lieutenant superkeener

Re: The Village of Secrets [GAME OVER] Werewolves Win!

Postby superkeener on Thu May 22, 2014 1:59 am

Later this afternoon I will post my thoughts on the game and my thinking process behind the setup.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby pancakemix on Thu May 22, 2014 2:38 am

I am completely dumbfounded by this game. Jak played horribly and managed to survive not one but three days. I don't know how he pulled that off, because it certainly wasn't by guile. It was probably this:

MudPuppy wrote:second guessing myself... which I've been doing all game.

Yeah, don't do that. Because this is what happens. Better to make a choice and stick to your guns. See: Day 4, Spiesr on Day 5.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby MudPuppy on Thu May 22, 2014 5:24 am

Yeah, that was a pretty idiotic D6 move on my part. Even with second guessing myself I should have voiced my frustration with the 4 no votes rather than voting right away. Town's loss is all on me. Sorry guys. I'll treat this as a learning experience to make sure I take a step back, always look at the vote count and possible scenarios, etc.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Roger Dodger on Thu May 22, 2014 5:57 am

Pretty cool. I'm a big werewolf fan . Damn, I wish I had been a werewolf.
So, I sticka my tonga at all youa.

Proud Member of XI Games
Private Roger Dodger

Postby kgb007 on Thu May 22, 2014 9:02 am

My fault, I should have hammered Jak yesterday when given the chance. I had been pushing on Storr/matam since D4. GG
Sergeant 1st Class kgb007

Postby StorrZerg on Thu May 22, 2014 9:27 am

no offense to jak

but omg that vamp claim was just off the fucking wall LOL

btw, im kinda shocked that mafia didn't have a kill. Ended up all right with my claim.
I think kgb pointed out i could be god father? Was a good read, i smashed his fake check on me a bit too hard.
Shit got really hard to play cause mafia kept getting night killed by us, which made it really hard to miss lynch people the last few days. Specially the last 2. Was so sure jak was done, and it was all up to MT to get kgb lynched.
Major StorrZerg

Postby spiesr on Thu May 22, 2014 10:15 am

Jak should have been lynched Day for sure. He killed one of the players who had declared that he would only vote for him, came up with an obviously BS excuse and tried to link it to some element of Mudpuppy's role that wasn't even correct. (Day 5 the same but somewhat less so.) Mudpuppy dropped the ball and Anarkist phoned it in all game...
Captain spiesr

Postby Jmac1026 on Thu May 22, 2014 10:34 am

I am literally hitting my desk with my head. Why didn't town lynch Jak the day after I had been lynched? He had even said that if he didn't get a "vampire" then he'd vote for himself, and you guys still didn't see that he should be taken out. Jak played bad the whole game. Wish I had been more active day 2 so that we might have lynched him.
Army of GOD wrote:I should stop posting...
Private 1st Class Jmac1026

Postby jak111 on Thu May 22, 2014 11:10 am

"played bad the whole game"

Relax. I was actually expecting to die, I didn't set up my claim to last till ENDGAME. Just long enough to get my partner a good chance, but when Mtam replaces Storr I had to make sure to live because I knew he'd be the next one they target.

I was considering Werewolf hunter as my claim, but was like nah, Vampire Hunter sounds cooler. :lol:

But I'm loving the "bad play" towards me comments. Come on guys, it's a game, I didn't even expect to live past the day before this one. So don't be sending hate comments my way. :cry:
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby pancakemix on Thu May 22, 2014 1:04 pm

kgb007 wrote:My fault, I should have hammered Jak yesterday when given the chance. I had been pushing on Storr/matam since D4. GG

I suppose in hindsight that wasn't a terrible play in and of itself. It's important that town be a united front at the end of the game, or those of us who are dead will start cringing.

jak111 wrote:"played bad the whole game"

Relax. I was actually expecting to die, I didn't set up my claim to last till ENDGAME. Just long enough to get my partner a good chance, but when Mtam replaces Storr I had to make sure to live because I knew he'd be the next one they target.

I was considering Werewolf hunter as my claim, but was like nah, Vampire Hunter sounds cooler. :lol:

But I'm loving the "bad play" towards me comments. Come on guys, it's a game, I didn't even expect to live past the day before this one. So don't be sending hate comments my way. :cry:

You're right. It is a game. And I think every time we play and reflect on a game it's an opportunity to improve. If you want me to get into specifics I'd be glad to, but I think I think I made most of those points during the game. More to the point, it's about how town stared your bad play in the face and continually gave you a pass.

Also, I want to apologize for my language. When I say "f*ck you" in that context, it's more like "f*ck your lies". If you took offense, I meant none.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby HotShot53 on Thu May 22, 2014 1:59 pm

This was an interesting game to follow after my unfortunate death due to the lover spell cast on me.... which made it hard watching everyone doubt KGB's claim when I knew it was true and couldn't say anything.

Very odd having a mafia that can only roleblock and not kill... never seen that before. Seems kind of underpowered since they can't do much other than stand around and wait to get picked off.

For as much as people say jak played bad... he was able to fool everyone just long enough to survive until the end. No-one suspected he was part of a 2-member anti-town group, everyone figured him to be a third party as claimed, the only question was town aligned or SK. Very elaborate fake claim too, no-one doubted it at first because it was so complex and everyone expected "secrets" to come out. I am surprised he survived the last couple days though.
Major HotShot53

Postby StorrZerg on Thu May 22, 2014 2:13 pm

yeah the mafia element was more about controlling the lynches and living with many members.

I think it was really hard for them to win now.
We didn't know they had no way to kill us, i think it mattered even more for the miss lynch on the vig day 2.

Still, thanks again Jak for the carry ;) You too Tamb.

I should start working on the GOT mafia now since i'm back from vacation. Specially if i want it to start in june
Major StorrZerg

Postby pancakemix on Thu May 22, 2014 4:14 pm

HotShot53 wrote:For as much as people say jak played bad... he was able to fool everyone just long enough to survive until the end. No-one suspected he was part of a 2-member anti-town group, everyone figured him to be a third party as claimed, the only question was town aligned or SK. Very elaborate fake claim too, no-one doubted it at first because it was so complex and everyone expected "secrets" to come out. I am surprised he survived the last couple days though.

I'd disagree with that assessment. Spiesr, Jmac, MP (to some extent), and myself al thought he was full of it. That's about half of who was left. Specific alignment isn't a fair measure either. He's scum or he isn't (and if you want to get technical, he was a "third party"). And the elaborateness of the fakeclaim was the tipper that he was lying too. This was more of a town loss than a scum win, by far.
Epic Win

Postby jak111 on Thu May 22, 2014 4:49 pm

When I claimed, I didn't even know just how basic all the roles sent out were. We had no fake claims, didn't know mafia could kill or not, the godfather perk proved useless as the ball broke.

Though I must admit I had a lot of bad reads this game. rishaed was just a kill from a small list for N1, but N2 and onward I was trying to hammer town PR's out of the game.. but there weren't really many town PR's to begin with. It lacked a doctor, a tracker/watcher, or anything else that could of caught Storr.

Then we got the mafia, only able to role-block? We might as well of been the mafia and they the 3rd party...
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby StorrZerg on Thu May 22, 2014 5:19 pm

we had been so sure that IB had been a role XD
Major StorrZerg

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives