Conquer Club

Welcome to Noobsville! GAME OVER! TOWN WINS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Welcome to Noobsville! GAME OVER! TOWN WINS!

Postby mookiemcgee on Sun May 04, 2014 7:34 pm

I knew quick lynch on legion was scummy as hell, but I really thought if too much time passed the vote would swing back to me where it started the day

oh well gg, tough when you start with only 2 and someone immedietly dies
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby MudPuppy on Sun May 04, 2014 7:52 pm

Good game all.

Zivel & mookie... Kinda curious... what, if anything, did you guys chat about on Night 0, before we started?

I did not particularly like the lack of flavor of these generic noobie games. I definitely prefer having a story line.

Thanks much for running it, Lootifer. Glad we were able to lynch your scummy brother for ya. ;)
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Lootifer on Sun May 04, 2014 8:51 pm

MudPuppy wrote:Good game all.

Zivel & mookie... Kinda curious... what, if anything, did you guys chat about on Night 0, before we started?

I did not particularly like the lack of flavor of these generic noobie games. I definitely prefer having a story line.

Thanks much for running it, Lootifer. Glad we were able to lynch your scummy brother for ya. ;)

Yeah I think my next game will be a slightly flavoured normal game (~9-13 players). Newbie setup is good, but as you say a bit boring.

edit: Normal according to http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal_Game except slightly more liberal with flavour.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun May 04, 2014 9:09 pm

Good Game all. Your a quick study MP, Good call on Zivel.

Yes...these smaller non flavor games are always harder because one is not sure of roles and usually they are minimal. Simple mistakes can lose games. A day one lynch was awesome combines with Town BP targeted as well.

I also need to say that for the record I did set my self up and only myself to blame for people playing the WIFOM card. "Only mafia would say they are here to help Town" :lol: I put myself in a no win on that one.

I know Zivel is new so although he was caught...playing AS mafia the first time is such a hard thing to do. We try so hard to act Town that people may pick up on it.

Good Job all

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby charm on Sun May 04, 2014 10:15 pm

IB, MP, Loof - Thanks fr all your help and mentoring! Mookie you're playing awesome - keep it up!
Corporal 1st Class charm

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun May 04, 2014 11:09 pm

and as an added thought....

mookie you messed your claim up two ways. You will most certianly be lynched in a game with seasoned players.

Calling yourself a regular townie vs a vanilla townie will get strong pressure on you.

You posted color blue rather then green.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Zivel on Mon May 05, 2014 6:45 am

I messed it up pretty bad, I am really sorry Mookie. You played well bud and I thought you might of actually saved us for a bit then. The hammer was a bit dodgy though

I just came out to aggressive. I didn't give the game time to run and read how it was going to play out. It was so slow and I tried to push the interest. Also calling myself town a lot was a noob mistake.

It was a painful game for a bit there with the lack of posts and playing with the guys who made so few posts was frustrating. Thanks bro for running the game, you did well man. But that extra week on day one was just rubbing salt in the wound....
Sergeant Zivel

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon May 05, 2014 2:39 pm

We didnt get a chance to talk at all. I think we said "hi" and thats about it. maybe loot can post the chat but it wasn't much more than that

Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon May 05, 2014 2:42 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:and as an added thought....

mookie you messed your claim up two ways. You will most certianly be lynched in a game with seasoned players.

Calling yourself a regular townie vs a vanilla townie will get strong pressure on you.

Ok, so this interests me... In the only other game I played before this people were posting there town claims in Blue not Green. Is there a guide to this kind of stuff? I haven't read anything on the link supplied in the games I've played that specify green for town claims.

Also I thought vanilla town = regular town, can you explain the difference? Even If that had been an honest town claim I would have written it the same way, I dont want to make that mistake again.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Zivel on Mon May 05, 2014 3:06 pm

normally at teh start of the game the Mod will post a couple of sample pms up on the thread. Silly loot didnt do it this time.
Sergeant Zivel

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon May 05, 2014 4:28 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:and as an added thought....

Ok, so this interests me... In the only other game I played before this people were posting there town claims in Blue not Green. Is there a guide to this kind of stuff? I haven't read anything on the link supplied in the games I've played that specify green for town claims.

Also I thought vanilla town = regular town, can you explain the difference? Even If that had been an honest town claim I would have written it the same way, I dont want to make that mistake again.

That's why you take nothing for granted. The mod dictates colors. Traditionally we use blue but does not mean the mod needs to. I have been lynched as Town because I assumed Town was blue when in reality they were green in PM.
Sometimes the use of the wrong word can get you lynched. Words and wording will be used as weapons by both sides so choose your wording wisely.

The fact that you used "regular townie" indicated you were most likely not a VT because wording again is everything. In was a VT not a Regular townie,

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon May 05, 2014 5:23 pm

Gotcha so claim using the exact words on the pm from the mod?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon May 05, 2014 5:50 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:Gotcha so claim using the exact words on the pm from the mod?

Yup.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon May 05, 2014 8:30 pm

I guess that must be some next level sh*t... I just dont see how that would affect your decision... I mean is there a reason for a mafia role to halfway lie? Or do you just mean its a tell because they might not know if the mod used regular unleaded or vanilla in their terminolgy?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Lootifer on Mon May 05, 2014 8:57 pm

Firstly apologies for not posting a sample VT role, in hindisght that should have been done.

Secondly I think your error was you posted your role in the form similar to a role PM (colour) but called it a regular townie. A non-coloured "regular townie" would have been less suspicious than the coloured version.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed May 07, 2014 3:53 pm

Thanks everyone for clearing those things up. Zivel no need to apologize, you have have given off a tell but more cudos go to Mudpuppy for picking up on it.

I may have had a better run if I hadn't picked the one person who couldn't be killed N1... Going into D2 with only my mafia partner gone really made it tough. I think Dega might have wanted to be the lynch vote D1, to make himself a target. If so well played, I fell for it. I was on the fence between Mudpuppy and Dega, but I thought if I picked mudpuppy for N1 kill I would have been seen...Turn out I was right.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Lootifer on Wed May 07, 2014 4:12 pm

mookiemcgee wrote: but I thought if I picked mudpuppy for N1 kill I would have been seen...Turn out I was right.

Huh?
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed May 07, 2014 4:23 pm

Doh, I meant IB not Mudpuppy my bad.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby MudPuppy on Wed May 07, 2014 4:35 pm

I agree... I don't think Zivel messed up significantly at all. While it turns out I picked up on his tell, at the time I thought my read on him was fairly weak (i.e., it wasn't much of a tell). I'm glad it turned out to be correct but I certainly did not have a huge level of confidence in Zivel being scum.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Lootifer on Wed May 07, 2014 9:01 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:Doh, I meant IB not Mudpuppy my bad.

Even if you had killed IB you wouldnt have alerted H8 to your guilt.

All he would of received would have been "IB visited no one".

You are probably thinking of a watcher which is a slightly more powerful PR.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Lootifer on Wed May 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Lieutenant Lootifer

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives