Conquer Club

CYOC: TDT [6/22] Game Over! FREEDOM!!!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC: TDT [8/22] D4: Guises and Guiles

Postby sheepofdumb on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:02 am

Well I'm not cult. GG town.
I AM MASTER SHEEP, TEH AWESOME

DoomYoshi wrote:Test it on me. Tree stump is my favorite role anyway lol. Next time I am picking Wispy Woods as my character.
Corporal sheepofdumb

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:09 pm

Strike wolf, that's my horse

Just in case.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:27 pm

I am not in the Horse game. but whatever:

Doomyoshi that's my horse
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby pancakemix on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:28 pm

Vote Count

Strike - 1 (HotShot)
Sheep - 5 (edoc, SW, jonty, Doom, kgb)
Doom - 1 (Sheep)

DoomYoshi is currently without a horse
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby pancakemix on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:12 pm

A girl with the wisdom of a thousand years and the blessing of God fell victim to the game of the horse. She had been corrupted by dark forces and had turned her powers to evil, but became helpless and trapped after her leader's death. She fought valiantly to the end, but fate would not side with her.

DoomYoshi (Joan of Arc, Cult Rolegifter) has been killed!

[image is broken, lol]

There would be no more deaths at the ands of the horse, however. Its master, a youthful foreigner, was chosen to hang. He lived for many days and brought many good and bad to their graves, but now he would join them.

Sheepofdumb (Rolf, Town Hot Potato) (or Horse Fucker, as it's become known) has been lynched!

That night, with only six remaining, three of the townsfolk painted their faces and slaughtered the rest of their townspeople. They raised their flag, a white cross on blue, over the parcel that was now their land. They fought like warrior poets; they fought like Scotsmen, and won their freedom.

HotShot53 (Sherlock Holmes, Town Cop) has been endgamed!

kgb007 (Flo, Town Doctor) has been endgamed!

jonty125 (Ronnie O’Sullivan, Town Watcher) has been endgamed!

edocsil (William Wallace, Cult Recruiter) has won!

spiesr (Ed the Undying, Cult 3-shot Unkillable) [reduced to 1-shot] has won!

Strike Wolf (Lelouch Lamperouge, Cult Redirector) has won!

Thanks to everyone for playing! I'll have roles and such up this evening for your viewing pleasure.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Re: CYOC: TDT [6/22] Game Over! FREEDOM!!!

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:14 pm

Woohoo! That last day was tense. Really thought Edoc was being too defensive of me. Good game all.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby jak111 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:35 pm

Jak - 10 (jmac, Rodion, aage, SW, Jonty, MP, spiesr, betiko, Neb, edoc)

Just saying, only 4 townies were on me ;) majority was ANTI-town. :lol: Irony at its best to what was all said D2.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby spiesr on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:40 pm

jak111 wrote:Jak - 10 (jmac, Rodion, aage, SW, Jonty, MP, spiesr, betiko, Neb, edoc)

Just saying, only 4 townies were on me ;) majority was ANTI-town. :lol: Irony at its best to what was all said D2.
I was town when I cast that vote and so was one of Strike or Rodion.
Captain spiesr

Postby jak111 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:42 pm

spiesr wrote:
jak111 wrote:Jak - 10 (jmac, Rodion, aage, SW, Jonty, MP, spiesr, betiko, Neb, edoc)

Then 4/10 were anti-town, either way it was quite a big number on me for what was being tossed around D2 about anti-town/mafia not risking being on a high heated wagon.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:44 pm

jak111 wrote:Jak - 10 (jmac,Rodion, aage, SW, Jonty, MP, spiesr, betiko, Neb, edoc)

Rodion and Spiesr would have been town back then. I was the cult recruit N1 and yes I would have lynched you if I was still town.

Jak - 10 (jmac, Rodion, aage, SW, Jonty, MP, spiesr, betiko, Neb, edoc)

Out of the 4. Only me and Edoc were on the same team.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby edocsil on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:18 pm

FREEEEEDOM!!!!

strike wolf wrote:Woohoo! That last day was tense. Really thought Edoc was being too defensive of me. Good game all.

And I totally was. I can't believe I got away with that. I thought they were going to hang you for sure for being the cult leader, and unless you had handled your claim as well as you did we would have had a very dicey time of things.

I wonder why sheep didn't claim horse fucker. He stood a way better chance of surviving with that, rather than some weak BP claim.

jak111 wrote:
spiesr wrote:

on the other hand there were many townies voting you as well. Not voting and generally staying quiet are taken as pretty scummy too.
Then 4/10 were anti-town, either way it was quite a big number on me for what was being tossed around D2 about anti-town/mafia not risking being on a high heated wagon.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:35 pm

Holy crap...your kill would have been much better later in the game.

Well run game pancake. I think you balanced it very well. Two cults...ouch for town. Interested in the hot potato rules...was sheep picking the players?

Looking forward to #4!
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby kgb007 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:43 pm

GG all, i didn't feel great lynching sheep at the end but the horse game really forced my hand into hammering, had a bad vibe on edoc since the lost days but my fault for not developing any type of case beyond the initial list
Sergeant 1st Class kgb007

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:18 pm

edocsil wrote:FREEEEEDOM!!!!

strike wolf wrote:Woohoo! That last day was tense. Really thought Edoc was being too defensive of me. Good game all.

And I totally was. I can't believe I got away with that. I thought they were going to hang you for sure for being the cult leader, and unless you had handled your claim as well as you did we would have had a very dicey time of things.

I wonder why sheep didn't claim horse fucker. He stood a way better chance of surviving with that, rather than some weak BP claim.

I was half expecting them to lynch me as well when Jonty came back and said I had visited a cult recruit on night 1 and the extra day didn't help. That's why I publicly announced my thoughts on Sheep being Doom's cult partner on LD3. If we had two days in a row like two nights, I wanted to get that piece of information out there first. Honestly, I am not sure I should thank lack of knowledge of Code Geass or not but I was thinking that someone would mention how my character raised his own army and could use his powers to command people. Though still I really wanted to say, "let me be lynched and stay low". Thanks for the praise and to toot my own horn a bit, this is the first game in a while I've really felt fully satisfied with how I played. My biggest regret was actually not convincing you to recruit Hotshot on that last night (I had a feeling mafia might target the confirmed town tails but it wasn't strong enough to follow through on anything).

As far as Sheep. I certainly would have believed he was the horse but I don't know if I would have believed he was town and that was key.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:27 pm

Awesome game, PCM...
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Zivel on Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:40 pm

Thanks PCM for a well run game, and well played Edoc, Spiesr and Strike Wolf. You guys played really well and had me convinced by the end of it. Congratulations!

@Jak111

Don't think that the reason you got voted off was because of some anti town wagon. You got voted off cause you played badly. I am pissed at your play, you OMGUS vig killed me night one, on what planet do you live that you see that as good play? You had to die, your play was too random, too extreme and too bad for town to have you round and screamed scum play.

I know you will come up with excuses and reasons for your play, but the good mafia players acknowledge their mistakes and learn from them. You need to see that your play was bad, you need to understand that you fucked up and you need to learn from this mistake. Otherwise you will continue to be a bad mafia player.

Again, thanks PCM, this was a fun game to watch from the sidelines. Cults really mess with your reads and I struggled to see the wood from the trees by the end of it.
Sergeant Zivel

Postby aage on Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Given that Edoc was a countercult, this game was lost the moment I started, I suspect. Either way, can the guy who killed me please stand up?

I won't be playing other games until after the summer, by the way. And next time I'm not sending in actual people any more, like the previous CYOC. "Time"? You brilliant bastard.

fp
@ the Jak thing. I was fueling that fire whilst trying to play town. I also actually mentioned to Doom during N2 that I didn't expect the lynch to be carried through anyway, because it was too obvious and close to the deadline.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:49 pm

I didn't play optimally but I messed up on the last day. Sorry for making you think I needed to die kgb.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:39 pm

aage wrote:Given that Edoc was a countercult, this game was lost the moment I started, I suspect. Either way, can the guy who killed me please stand up?

I won't be playing other games until after the summer, by the way. And next time I'm not sending in actual people any more, like the previous CYOC. "Time"? You brilliant bastard.

fp
@ the Jak thing. I was fueling that fire whilst trying to play town. I also actually mentioned to Doom during N2 that I didn't expect the lynch to be carried through anyway, because it was too obvious and close to the deadline.

I don't know. You were a counter cult to us so I think we had an equal chance. Actually Edoc did try to recruit Doom on LN1. I was going to try to see if I could dig up a case on him about the same time that Hotshot came forward with the investigation result.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:58 pm

aage wrote: "Time"? You brilliant bastard.

Lol...Time, Wind and Death were my three options I sent in. Wanted to give pancake some latitude on how he interpreted those three. I think he did a great job with my role. Sucks that I died (I was a bit too obvious, I think), but at least the game moved along rather quickly in the makeup times.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby pancakemix on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:20 pm

show: Strike Wolf

show: aage

show: Lootifer

show: Rodion

show: Anarkistsdream

show: jak11

show: Iron Butterfly

show: DoomYoshi

show: virus90

show: jmac1026

show: jonty125

show: spiesr

show: Whatsausage

show: TA1LGUNN3R

show: Nebuchadnezer

show: edocsil

show: Zivel

show: betiko

show: kgb007

show: HotShot53

show: TheForgivenOne+MudPuppy

show: Sheepofdumb

show: Actions and Such

show: And the Rest
Epic Win

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:52 pm

I would have loved to see sheepofdumb give the horse game to only one player.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:04 pm

I would have used the redirection every night if I hadn't been recruited (And actually planned to use it on whoever I got the name of but I guess you predicted that and gave me the name at the very end of the night). Being recruited I had to wait longer. I even had this really cool plan to redirect doom's gift to me or Spiesr and use it for our own selfish gains but the day went into another day and I never used it.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:34 pm

Betiko "clearing" edoc and then getting killed and turning up town is what messed up town... we believed his result but didn't know it was a mafia/anti-mafia gift rather than a regular investigation.

And I knew edoc was defending strike too much, that they were probably on the same team... I just picked the wrong one as the leader lol.

Good game overall, thanks for running it :)
Major HotShot53

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:40 pm

HotShot53 wrote:Betiko "clearing" edoc and then getting killed and turning up town is what messed up town... we believed his result but didn't know it was a mafia/anti-mafia gift rather than a regular investigation.

And I knew edoc was defending strike too much, that they were probably on the same team... I just picked the wrong one as the leader lol.

Good game overall, thanks for running it :)

By the way Hotshot, weren't you just Watson recently?

So for those of us who chose 3 different characters might be interesting to show who were your choices. Mine were:

Lelouch Lamperouge

Tyrion Lannister

Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite (in hindsight I don't know how this one would have worked out in a non-broken manner).

Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives