Conquer Club

CYOC: TDT [6/22] Game Over! FREEDOM!!!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC: TDT [6/22] Game Over! FREEDOM!!!

Postby Rodion on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:52 pm

Great game. Unfortunately, I died just short of being able to use my "doublevoter" role.

I intend to use my 2 choices on a future game, so I'd rather not reveal them (PCM can mention them if he rules that he'd rather not have me play those characters). I'll just say Edgeworth was the most vanilla (flavourwise) out of all 3 of them.

PCM, can you explain more about the rolegifters? How did you decide what gifts they'd give (such as "giving the name of 1 mafia player", which is pretty unfair for the mafia)?
General Rodion

Postby pancakemix on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Rodion wrote:Great game. Unfortunately, I died just short of being able to use my "doublevoter" role.

I intend to use my 2 choices on a future game, so I'd rather not reveal them (PCM can mention them if he rules that he'd rather not have me play those characters). I'll just say Edgeworth was the most vanilla (flavourwise) out of all 3 of them.

PCM, can you explain more about the rolegifters? How did you decide what gifts they'd give (such as "giving the name of 1 mafia player", which is pretty unfair for the mafia)?

They decided what they would give. I gave IB more limitations on what he could and couldn't do than Doom. I only let him do the mafia name one once, and if Doom had asked I probably would have disallowed it. He also could have hit mafia (although I'll admit there's a lower chance of that happening) which would not have won him any favors with the mafia, if not their outright disdain.

DoomYoshi wrote:I would have loved to see sheepofdumb give the horse game to only one player.

We did establish a floor for his selections (I think 3). He always picked 5, but I would just cut it down if any of them died during the night.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby MudPuppy on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:56 pm

Good game, all. It was fun... Thanks, pcm!!!
I'll make sure to get in from the start next time around to pick my own character.

I knew my fake claim would be a bit sketchy but still thought a Deputy might be believable in such a big game. Wasn't sure what else to do since I was a Scum Watcher and the Town Watcher had already been killed.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:28 pm

strike wolf wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:Betiko "clearing" edoc and then getting killed and turning up town is what messed up town... we believed his result but didn't know it was a mafia/anti-mafia gift rather than a regular investigation.

And I knew edoc was defending strike too much, that they were probably on the same team... I just picked the wrong one as the leader lol.

Good game overall, thanks for running it :)

By the way Hotshot, weren't you just Watson recently?

So for those of us who chose 3 different characters might be interesting to show who were your choices. Mine were:

Lelouch Lamperouge

Tyrion Lannister

Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite (in hindsight I don't know how this one would have worked out in a non-broken manner).

Yep, I was watson but pretending to be sherlock in the jack the ripper game, so I decided to actually be sherlock this time (with my second choice to be watson again, in case they needed a doctor instead of a cop)
Major HotShot53

Postby sheepofdumb on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:17 pm

I would have gotten lynched if I claimed hf. People were out for my head all game. Plus it was better if people believed the horse game was PCM. It gave me the chance to role claim something else. All participants were basically selected at random so that would have weakened my claim as well. But yeah, not my best end game. I should have realized there would be 3 cult. But w/e. Good game. I had fun fucking with everyone
I AM MASTER SHEEP, TEH AWESOME

DoomYoshi wrote:Test it on me. Tree stump is my favorite role anyway lol. Next time I am picking Wispy Woods as my character.
Corporal sheepofdumb

Postby jak111 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:20 pm

pancakemix wrote:Thoughts: Never let anyone tell you I can’t see the humor in frustrating games. This role came about because of The Village of Secrets game that was going on at the same time. I was in the thick of a debate with Jak regarding the existence of a vampire cult in that game. Aage picked Dracula as one of his characters, so opportunity presented itself. It’s too bad he didn’t last longer: with DY on his side he would have been powerful, even with the two-use limitations[/spoiler]

Your reason behind that actually has me LMFAO. Should of started a vampire cult theory here. XDD

strike wolf wrote:So for those of us who chose 3 different characters might be interesting to show who were your choices. Mine were:

Lelouch Lamperouge

Tyrion Lannister

Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite (in hindsight I don't know how this one would have worked out in a non-broken manner).

Mine were:
  • Aang
  • Gendun Drup (Very first Dalai Lama)
  • Satan (I had a wicked picture for this one :P)

XD Looking forward to the next one ;D Almost want you to start sign-ups already :P
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:15 am

Fun game but some you were liars lol :lol:

For the record, my with my role fullfilled it was going to be game over initially..I win everyone else died. PCM had last minute reservations on night three when I targeted Neb. He wanted to see the game play out and I agreed. The penalty was a tad harsh *grin*.

My role was simple. I gifted wishes. I had no idea who was who so I needed wishes that everyone could want. Night one I gifted Anarchist death prtection. Night 2 I gifted Strike the Mafia name as I took a gamble he was pro Town. Night three was tricky as I gifted neb I night kill but he was killed Then we had time shifts. At one point i gifted a daykill...but then we had a time shift grrrrrrrr... I thought I was gonna bite the dust.

I forget the last wish i gifted...I think it was to either Doom or Spiesr.

I found it amusing that once i was removed from the game all talk of gifts pretty much ended. Did no one else find it odd?

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby StorrZerg on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:03 am

GGs everyone.

shameless plug, Join in the GoT mafia! starting soon. need a few more sign ups!
Major StorrZerg

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:06 am

Good game, pancake. I had fun.

PCM wrote:Thoughts: Another one I struggled with, mainly because Spaceman Spiff always fails and never develops.

I was hoping you would pick up on that, and so was a little disappointed I got roleblocker, but oh well, still was cool. Spaceman Spiff's character always appealed to my self-deprecating sense. The self-aggrandizement of Calvin's alter ego (with the hyperbolic introduction like "back by popular demand" or "interplanetary explorer extraordinaire") juxtaposed with the absurdity of the real life situation (Spiff drawing down on a horrible monster of Zog who actually was Mrs. Wormwood, and he ends up in detention) was something I thought might make for an interesting character.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Zivel on Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:35 am

pancakemix wrote:You are Banjo, Bobo, and Sydney the Clowns, Town Empowerer

“Now wes old and such, and wes got memories we would rather forget and wes stopped our silly ways a while back. Nows wes paint smiles on our faces and wes try to make others laugh.”

Each day, you may select a player to make laugh. This will either make their power during the night unblockable or allow them to use their action twice. Using your power will make you melancholy, however, and you will take to drinking. As such, you will be unable to use your action on consecutive days.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Please confirm that you have received and understand your role in the game thread.

Thoughts: This was probably the first OC for a CYOC that I actually really liked. The characterization in the writing and the depth of the characters was really neat, and it struck with a lot of melancholy. I thought it was cool. I kinda want to ask Zivel more about it. Zivel, tell us more about it. :D

Ahhh pancakemix sir, yous know wes dont like to talk about oursselves much, but cause yous asked and yous so nice to us.

Wes found this party of people tough, theys were a nasty bunch, not like wes met before. Some of them were smarter than wes are use to, some not as smart as they thought they were. Wes just clowns and wes try to make people smile but this group didnt want to smile, theys just wanted to hurt. That brought out the dark thoughts in us, made us slip back into our bad ways, maybe hurting others would stop them wanting to hurt us.

That Aang boy, where you find him? I had to hold old Bobo back, he was not to happy about the way he treated us, Bobo was dark about that.

And those funny fellas from o'erseas, speak strange and blue makeup, didnt understand em much. But theys were smart, much smarter than us. Theys lied and cheated well, wes would not want to play thems in a game of hold'em. Theys deserved their win, congratsulations to them.

Thanks muchly for the time mr pancakemix sir, yous a smart man yourself and mightly respectful. Wes likes that in a person and yous always welcome round to our trailer for a drop of moonshine.
Sergeant Zivel

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:06 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:I was hoping you would pick up on that, and so was a little disappointed I got roleblocker, but oh well, still was cool. Spaceman Spiff's character always appealed to my self-deprecating sense. The self-aggrandizement of Calvin's alter ego (with the hyperbolic introduction like "back by popular demand" or "interplanetary explorer extraordinaire") juxtaposed with the absurdity of the real life situation (Spiff drawing down on a horrible monster of Zog who actually was Mrs. Wormwood, and he ends up in detention) was something I thought might make for an interesting character.

-Tails

I couldn't reconcile it to the role without ultimately giving you a shitty game experience, I felt. I try to fit the flavor best I can when I make these roles but I don't want to hamstring anybody (or if I do, it's because it didn't turn out as I'd planned).
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby Jmac1026 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:32 am

Good game everyone. Supremely satisfied that the only poison I attempted was mafia, kind of upset that because of that the cult could outnumber others, but hey, I still hit mafia.

I'm sorry for wasting a lynch everyone. I became extraordinarily busy at work. A coworker's husband got sick and so I had to cover for her, plus we were doing a grand re-opening. Anyway, that combined with the fact that "How the f*ck do I claim Town Poisoner?" led me to being a little too apathetic in this game.

My three choices were:
The Aqua Teen Hunger Force (I figured I could either be some sort of off-kilter cop or some sort of off-kilter vig, haha)
Ed from Cowboy Bebop
Australia (which I honestly just pulled out of my ass at the last minute. I was just doing random google searches for idea when I said to myself "What's the most dangerous and badass piece of land out there? Frickin Australia!")

Had a ton of fun pancake. Would love to do it again.
Army of GOD wrote:I should stop posting...
Private 1st Class Jmac1026

Postby aage on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:34 pm

show

I was actually really hoping for #1, but it turned out fine. And I was expecting a lot more than "town doc" for Sir Lancelot the Brave, pancake, just so you know.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby betiko on Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:16 pm

HotShot53 wrote:Betiko "clearing" edoc and then getting killed and turning up town is what messed up town... we believed his result but didn't know it was a mafia/anti-mafia gift rather than a regular investigation.

And I knew edoc was defending strike too much, that they were probably on the same team... I just picked the wrong one as the leader lol.

Good game overall, thanks for running it :)

I did warn you guys that it said "not mafia" and that i couldn t clear him completely... Next day i investgated tails, he came out as "not mafia" and was killed that same night.
Yeah i had big doubts about these guys being possible cult, but i wouldn t have thought they could all be.

Anyway, i think i got a bit screwed with the horse game; once i had forgotten and no one reminded me, it was easy to go on with the conversation happening in rt and get my "3 strikes" without a warning.
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:09 pm

My choices were all from fighting games I was playing in those days. Joan of Arc was actually Janne from World Heroes (retro fun game, she plays like Guile from SF)
Painwheel from Skullgirls (an amazing game), she is my main player
I was going to include Batgirl (my main from Injustice) but I didn't want all girls and Nightwing was basically a troll choice.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:31 pm

aage wrote:
show

I was actually really hoping for #1, but it turned out fine. And I was expecting a lot more than "town doc" for Sir Lancelot the Brave, pancake, just so you know.

The only thing that that I could think of for Lancelot when coming up with these was him protecting Gallahad's vow of chastity. :lol:
Epic Win

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:49 pm

pancakemix wrote:
aage wrote:
show

The only thing that that I could think of for Lancelot when coming up with these was him protecting Gallahad's vow of chastity. :lol:

"Why are you rescuing me?"

"You were in danger?"

"No I wasn't."

"Yes you were"

"I could have handled them all easily."

"Oh yes let him handle all of us."
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby aage on Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:14 am

strike wolf wrote:
pancakemix wrote:
aage wrote:
show

"Why are you rescuing me?"

"You were in danger?"

"No I wasn't."

"Yes you were"

"I could have handled them all easily."

"Oh yes let him handle all of us."

Could've gone with a PGO-type role (seeing as Lancelot killed pretty much everyone at that wedding... "You only killed the bride's father, that's all!" -"Well, I really didn't mean to..." "You put a sword through his head!" -"Oh dear, is he all right?") but I suppose he does some saving as well.

Anyway, thanks for hosting Pancake, and I shall accept that there is a limit to the amount of ridiculous roles you can throw in. :p
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby StorrZerg on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:35 am

Game of thrones mafia needs 1 more! someone plz sign up so we can start monday!
Major StorrZerg

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives