Conquer Club

Cyborgs Mafia - Endgame - Hail the Shiny Golden Overlord

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Cyborgs Mafia - 9/12 D3 - A Kill!

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:28 pm

unvote

Vote pancakemix
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:32 pm

mtamburini wrote:Charm what are your checks ?

Clever...I wondered why you had used the plural there...

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:39 pm

Well, brace for busdriver/framer then. To be honest, I came in here expecting to get lynched anyways, and was relieved that charm had investigated me. Of course someone messed with it.

By the way, I only had one shot.

The mounting number of scummy things on HotShot is kinda weird. That, and his off comment about "Trying to explain a guilty investigation". Look there next.

Vote Hotshot
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby mtamburini on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:46 pm

Yeah I'm the joat I've got 2 powers left one if them being a medic save so charm will get another check tomorrow I'm going to die tonight most likely.

Do you not have a shot ? Shoot hotshot then
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:59 pm

mtamburini wrote:Do you not have a shot ? Shoot hotshot then

pancakemix wrote:By the way, I only had one shot.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby mtamburini on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:03 pm

pancakemix wrote:
mtamburini wrote:Do you not have a shot ? Shoot hotshot then

pancakemix wrote:By the way, I only had one shot.

Rip was Fpd didn't read the whole thing.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:12 pm

pancakemix wrote:Well, brace for busdriver/framer then. To be honest, I came in here expecting to get lynched anyways, and was relieved that charm had investigated me. Of course someone messed with it.

The mounting number of scummy things on HotShot is kinda weird. That, and his off comment about "Trying to explain a guilty investigation". Look there next.

Vote Hotshot

You are a one shot vig? That you wasted on d2 against a claimed bulletproof player? I'm not buying that at all...

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:19 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Well, brace for busdriver/framer then. To be honest, I came in here expecting to get lynched anyways, and was relieved that charm had investigated me. Of course someone messed with it.

Vote Hotshot

You are a one shot vig? That you wasted on d2 against a claimed bulletproof player? I'm not buying that at all...

Because I thought he was full of shit. And half the town agreed with me.
Epic Win

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:20 pm

Redirector is also possible. "Something happened", etc.
Epic Win

Postby spiesr on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:38 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:You are a one shot vig? That you wasted on d2 against a claimed bulletproof player? I'm not buying that at all...
Gotta agree with Neb here. Vote Pancakemix.
Captain spiesr

Postby virus90 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:48 pm

PCM: then why did you first say it was multiple shots, that doesnt make your case better....

anyway before i get killed tonight;
spiesr is mafia.
Major virus90

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:51 pm

virus90 wrote:PCM: then why did you first say it was multiple shots, that doesnt make your case better....

anyway before i get killed tonight;
spiesr is mafia.

1. I didn't. I said I could shoot whenever. What the mafia don't know will only hurt them.
2. What?
Epic Win

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Well, if no-one counterclaims mtam I guess he's not so guilty, and I'll follow the cop and Unvote, vote PCM And that should be a lynch I believe...
Major HotShot53

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:23 pm

mtamburini wrote:
charm wrote:UNVOTE

##VOTE PANCAKE MIX

Just found out that Mod accidentally told me wrong - I should have received a GUILTY on PCM

Since HotShot is so quick to not believe me, he must know that PCM is scum, so plan to kill him off too!

I'm sure I'm about to get killed since I just revealed this to all of you townies!! It has been fun!!

Go Townies!!

Is this real life?

Is this just fantasy? (couldn't resist...)

Wow, looks like pancake got quick-lynched in the ~12 hours since I checked the thread. We didn't leave much time for discussion...

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby edocsil on Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:39 pm

And this is why I shouldn't use random.org to assign roles. That is the fastest Speed Lynch I have EVER seen.

VC on PCM
(5) ~ HotShot53 Spiesr neb Mtam charm

The town savior PCM ~ Dostya town vengeful Vig was hung without trial, thought, or reason. Laughter rang through the halls as the only serious threat to the killer(s) was eliminated.

It is now Night 4, you have 3 days to submit your actions.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Re: Cyborgs Mafia - 8/12 N4 - A Mislynch Too Many

Postby edocsil on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:18 am

*whir*

*clank*

"Where'd 'e go?"

"Dunno boss"

"No matter, after trying to kill me like that he can't have anything left that he can do."

"Good point boss. Let's show the remaining suckers who is back in charge."

Game over, flawless scum victory.

Zivel (Hal 9000), Hotshot (Doctor Octopus), Tailgunner (T-X), Spiesr (C-3PO) have won.

Nebuchadnezer (Bender) has survived and fulfilled his win condition.

Charm (Seven of Nine), Mtam (Ava), and Virus (Rachel) have been endgamed.
Roles will be in the following post.
Edoc'sil

Re: Cyborgs Mafia - Endgame - Hail the Shiny Golden Overlord

Postby edocsil on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:40 am

You are Seven of Nine
You are the town cop and may investigate 1 player per night. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

You are Dostya
You are the vengeful town vig and may kill 1 player during the game at any time. Just PM me to submit a kill. You also will kill your killer if you are night killed, but not if you are hung. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

You are T-800
You are the town bodyguard, and are 3 shot bulletproof. Saving a player from a kill, and being killed yourself, will consume a bulletproof shot. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

You are 8
You are a lyncher, but you are not the only copy of yourself running about. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated, but the game will not end with both Number 8s running around. You are both town.

You are Rachel (blade runner)
You are the town tracker. Each night you may track a player to see who they visit. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

You are Ava (the machine)
You are the town Joat (Doc block Empower commute).You may use each action once. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

You are the mafia

spiesr, C-3PO, Godfather
TA1LGUNN3R, T-X, Shifter
HotShot53, Doctor octopus, Framer
Zivel, Hal 9000, Role blocker

Roles are pretty simple, Godfather is innocent on investigation and one shot BP, framer makes one person guilty each night, role blocker stops one night action, and the shifter assumes the form of another character. When shifted if you are investigated, you result as your target (you targeted a town player at night, you result as town). If someone targets Jonty, and you shift to jonty, night actions have a 50/50 chance of hitting one of you.

You are Bender, of futurama fame.
You are a JOAT survivor. You have some unusual JOAT abilities they are, mason (2 shot), bulletproof vest (2 shot) and vig (1 shot) and investigate (1 shot)

charm ~ Seven of Nine
Zivel ~ Hal 9000
Nebuchadnezer ~ Bender
HotShot53 ~ Doctor octopus
pancakemix ~ Dostya
TA1LGUNN3R ~ T-X
jak111 ~ T-800
jonty125 ~ 8
mtamburini ~ Ava (the machine)
spiesr ~ C-3PO
virus90 ~ rachel (Blade runner)
Iron Butterfly ~ 8

Code: Select all

N1
Spiesr         kill jonty
Hotshot      frame PCM 
Zivel             Block Jak
TailGunner  shift charm
virus           track pcm 
Charm        Inv IB       
Jak            Guard Charm

N2
Spiesr         Kill Ib   
Hotshot      Frame PCM     
Zivel             Block  Mtam     
TailGunne   shift charm
virus           track spiesr   
Mtam          empower charm   
Charm         Inv PCM, TG         
Neb             Mason charm

N3
Hotshot       Frame Virus
Zivel             Kill Mtam block neb
TailGunner  shift charm
virus          Track Hotshot
Mtam         commute
Charm        inv hotshot
Neb            Kill Spiesr

This was NOT how I expect this to go. I considered PCM a guaranteed kill for the town between his vengeful and his 1 shot kill at any time. Also, N2 Virus tracked the kill to the godfather and you hung the vengeful town vig instead =D> Also WC were the same for both town and scum. "You win when no threats remain to *faction*"
Edoc'sil

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:10 am

Ya, some very bad play by town. Of course, with 4 mafia, they only needed a few town to get on the mislynch to achieve anything...and mafia had some very powerful roles. Me? I didn't give a hoot who died...
I mean 4 mafia against 7 town? Unbalanced...

Postby mtamburini on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:16 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Ya, some very bad play by town. Of course, with 4 mafia, they only needed a few town to get on the mislynch to achieve anything...and mafia had some very powerful roles. Me? I didn't give a hoot who died...
I mean 4 mafia against 7 town? Unbalanced...

+1

1 ML and we were in MYLO
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:50 am

Framer, shifter, roleblocker, godfather...all power.

Two town lynchers ( useless), tracker, bodyguard, cop, joat, vig...nothing really special about those roles. Town needed perfect play to win this one. Most roles were already useless given a framer and a shifter AND a roleblocker...the more I think about it, the more impossible it was for town to win. Jak should have had a 50% retaliation kill ability...lol...all town should have had that...

Postby virus90 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:42 am

yeah would have been hard but town failed aswell, the speedlynch on pcm was real.
Major virus90

Postby pancakemix on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:52 am

I'm still flabbergasted that jak's role was a thing. I would shoot anyone with that claim, not just jak.

I didn't play well here, but we had no chance.
Epic Win

Postby jak111 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:32 pm

pancakemix wrote:I'm still flabbergasted that jak's role was a thing. I would shoot anyone with that claim, not just jak.

I didn't play well here, but we had no chance.

LOL, well my read was equally bad on you. Though Neb WAS a third party ;D so my initial Neb/PCM read had some merit.

But seriously.. I am disappointed in town.. Killing me is one thing, killing off a cop's town investigation.. Seriously..

I unfortunally town read Spiesr and Tails. Big mistake. Though I called Zivel out on his "reason" for hammering. He damn well knows why he hammered and I did too.

Overall.. I think that 50% thing I mentioned I SHOULD of had with how many PR's mafia had.. I wouldn't have even been that OP with a damn mafia roleblocker.

Cop was basically useless. Two people would never be found guilty and framer would make a town guilty. So that's 3 wrong reads...
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:37 pm

Actually, even though we all survived, it was a close call at times, and things could have gone much differently. All 4 of us were more or less suspected of being scum by the end, so if you got one of us the rest would be easier to get.

Night 2 I wanted to kill PCM and fram mtam... if we had done that, spiesr would have been dead from the revenge killing, and charm's non-results on tails would have probably led to his being lynched... then me and zivel would have been pretty quickly found out and taken out. So good thing we didn't follow my ideas that night lol.

On night 3 we missed killing mtam because of the commuter, so if neb had shot one of us other than the one with a BP vest, we would have been down 4-3, and spiesr or I would have been an easy lynch after that...

I thought we had a big advantage in the beginning also, but looking at it we could have lost if any of a few things went different.

Btw, we left charm alive and unblocked because we figured we could clear spiesr and tails that way (having basically 2 godfathers does seem a bit OP), and hopefully get a mislynch like we did on pcm... and that worked well, in addition to people assuming spiesr was town because we didn't block the cop.

Jak's exaggerated claim that was too good to be true got him lynched, if he had just made an honest claim he very well could have survived.

This game shows me why scummarizing can work for scum.... we stayed under the radar just enough to survive, while the big talkers got lynched. I need more practice being scum though, seemed everything I said rang scum bells with someone lol. I did the quick lynch without much stated reason on day 3 because I figured it was game over 4/8 scum, so it didn't matter if I was obvious... and I didn't want people to start switching votes to spiesr instead.

Overall, fun game, thanks for running it edoc :)
Major HotShot53

Postby edocsil on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:19 pm

Yeah with random roles it was not as balanced as it otherwise would have been. Town did have a bulletproof doc (effectively) and a daykiller that killed his killer, with the only other killers being anti town. Trackers are VERY powerful late game, and virus could easily have gotten spiesr lynched yesterday, and charm had a guilty on the last night. So even with losing 2 of the most OP roles they had right off the bat, town still had a chance after some wicked mis-lynching. Like I said, I had no idea that PCM was going to go down without taking a scum with him, his role was the main reason I didn't re-roll on the balance.

Anyhow, I think I may pass on the random roles thing. It's not very easy to get a balanced game with that much variety.
Edoc'sil

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives