Conquer Club

Cyborgs Mafia - Endgame - Hail the Shiny Golden Overlord

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Cyborgs Mafia - Endgame - Hail the Shiny Golden Overlord

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:22 pm

I shot spiesr the last night...
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby virus90 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:33 pm

and so it proves again that i have a decent gut feeling, day 1 i said hotshot as my scum. town you should listen more to me ;)
Major virus90

Postby edocsil on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:35 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:I shot spiesr the last night...

One shot PB, and you were roleblocked.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby charm on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:36 pm

If you all would have just listened to me from day 1 - we could have had TAILS!!

LOL!!

Thanks for the game - sorry if I wasn't a good cop, it was my first time so I still have a lot to learn.
Corporal 1st Class charm

Postby edocsil on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:58 pm

It strikes me as odd when players condemn others for making the mistakes when they get blinders on and zero in on a townie, but then praise themselves when the do the exact same thing but get lucky and happen to do it on a townie. D1 impressions are meaningless, and if there had been less gut and more analysis, town would have easily won this. Instead you had all power roles exposed or dead by D2 on some incredibly weak cases.
Edoc'sil

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:01 pm

charm wrote:If you all would have just listened to me from day 1 - we could have had TAILS!!

LOL!!

Thanks for the game - sorry if I wasn't a good cop, it was my first time so I still have a lot to learn.

Haha, you still had no good reason for ever suspecting me to be scum.

But yeah, I was mostly worried that Zivel would get lynched and then spiesr the following day because he fake claimed Zivel's role.

edoc wrote:Also, N2 Virus tracked the kill to the godfather and you hung the vengeful town vig instead

Brilliant!

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby jak111 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:50 pm

Not going to lie though.. I thought the 8's flips were due to some janitor role covering up their real role. XD

Although Edoc, the set-up was scum sided from the beginning. The tops you go is 1/3 anti-town unless there's more than one mafia faction that can't win together. With 5/12 people being non-town aligned after Day 1 with a town lynch basically it was at a constant LYLO with Scum easily being able to team up with Neb and make it auto-win. PCM was the only town killer, he is the only one that could of prevented the complete auto win on D2 for scum. But if he (that role) died Day 1 Neb could out that he is a survivor and with 5 against 5 they could pick town off until they win. (If they do it right win by Day 3).

That is not even half of the unbalance towards town. The cop, like I mentioned earlier, was useless. I will assume Neb would show up anti-town, however, Spiesr and Tail were basically immune to doctor, with Spiesr being immune to the only town killer we had with his BP.

HotShot obviously makes a single town guilty and it's game over, again.

Zivel can easily counter my save (which he did Night 1) so that again defeats my role's purpose.

I think you gotta own up to this one Edoc, there are only a few scenarios with town winning after a town lynch Day 1 and they all include the Survivor town siding.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby edocsil on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:41 pm

jak111 wrote:Not going to lie though.. I thought the 8's flips were due to some janitor role covering up their real role. XD

Although Edoc, the set-up was scum sided from the beginning. The tops you go is 1/3 anti-town unless there's more than one mafia faction that can't win together. With 5/12 people being non-town aligned after Day 1 with a town lynch basically it was at a constant LYLO with Scum easily being able to team up with Neb and make it auto-win. PCM was the only town killer, he is the only one that could of prevented the complete auto win on D2 for scum. But if he (that role) died Day 1 Neb could out that he is a survivor and with 5 against 5 they could pick town off until they win. (If they do it right win by Day 3).

That is not even half of the unbalance towards town. The cop, like I mentioned earlier, was useless. I will assume Neb would show up anti-town, however, Spiesr and Tail were basically immune to doctor, with Spiesr being immune to the only town killer we had with his BP.

HotShot obviously makes a single town guilty and it's game over, again.

Zivel can easily counter my save (which he did Night 1) so that again defeats my role's purpose.

I think you gotta own up to this one Edoc, there are only a few scenarios with town winning after a town lynch Day 1 and they all include the Survivor town siding.

Few things that you are grossly over looking. First off I do run sims of this based off random actions. I ran the sim 10 times with people using actions at random, and town won 4 of them. In 8 of the sims, the mafia missed 2 kills by D5 because of the many protective abilities. Spiesr was only 1 shot BP, and all scum could be tracked. You had a tracker, a cop, and a 1 shot inv survivor who investigated as innocent, because he can win with town. Also, neb tried to kill the mafia GF. Also, you said 1 in 3 scum, and I agree with this. 1 in 3 players could not win with town, and the scum couldn't win if there was a killer on the field, either neb or PCM. If the line up for scum had been Jak, Mtam, charm and one other what you think would have happened? You basically got policy lynched for being a liar, mtam and charm are very new and took a lot of heat for that. Scum likely would have been dead in 3 days, same as the town was here with the scum setup as it was. The balance here was not good, but to be frank, my only regret is that I randomized the players, something I normally don't do. The player balance was far worse than the team balance, which is totally not a surprise given that I was randomly picking 7 town 1 survivor and 4 scum roles.
Edoc'sil

Postby virus90 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:56 pm

i think its our (towns) own fold, we didnt get a single mafia in 3 days, thats game over.

personally as a tracker i tracked spiesr n3 and knew he had visited IB (who died). but with the cop claiming to have found a mafia i didnt want to fully out myself yet. maybe find another mafia in the night (i tracked hotshot so might have)
Major virus90

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:50 pm

gg guys.

A bit frustrating as I was pretty much a VT with no night actions as was Jonty. We could not win with both of us alive. That was it.

I was also wrong about jak not playing to his meta lol. Once he got rolling he got rolling.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby jak111 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:15 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:gg guys.

A bit frustrating as I was pretty much a VT with no night actions as was Jonty. We could not win with both of us alive. That was it.

I was also wrong about jak not playing to his meta lol. Once he got rolling he got rolling.

Well I think the power you had was if someone else claimed 8, the other 8 would KNOW they were legit. Then the other 8 could out when they claim the extra info to prove to the first 8 that he is 8 as well.... 8?

I am trying to change, but PCM got me rolling there and I was trying to keep my eye on others as well, but PCM just got scummier and scummier in my eyes.. Then the town lynched PCM anyway the next day.. So basically my death was for nothing because he was going to be hung with me alive or not. XDD I feel bad about misreading him, but the real scum were keeping under the radar even though each of us probably had one pegged with no real good case to push on them for.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives