Conquer Club

PYP~Mafia [05/21] end game

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: PYP~Mafia [20/21] Night 1 End 10/10 17:00 cc Pm actions

Postby aage on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:13 pm

Killuminati19 wrote:@ aage - Let's not act like hotshot made 1 townie post at the end. The train of thought that he was lying about NRA was a tall tale to begin with.

@ mtam - If you are what I think you are, I should be your best friend in this game.

No it's not.
If Hotshot had been NRA, he had seen the discussion and knew that sooner or later someone might come forward to say they'd sent in NRA and got nothing. The fact that at least two people tried for it shows that that's not a wild idea. Claiming as he did wasn't a bad plan because it offered the opportunity to kill #1 and #2. Scum would likely have discussed and arrived at the conclusion that their top ranked drafter would have to get NRA. If HS were scum, DJ and mtam would be town. We kill one of them during the first day, any protective role town did manage to get would have gone to HotShot and on day two we would have lynched the other top two. That's three dead from a role Mafia was going to lose quite soon. I stand by the play we made.

Also, mtam is clearly softclaiming a vig-type role, so thanks for the mysterious hint.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:14 pm

Killuminati19 wrote:@ sausage - If dj is here tomorrow, what do you want to wager that dj isn't the lynch? Maybe enough (probably scum) will persuade a push on mtam, but my guess is people like you will try to argue about it up until deadline, but ultimately, dj is the lynch.

Again with the sweeping statement. If you're so town, why not explain your reasons for DJ being scum and mtam being town? You might die during the night and we'll never be able to know :roll:
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Re: PYP~Mafia Day 1 ends 10/8 1700 cc

Postby Killuminati19 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:32 pm

Djfireside wrote:Sadly I hate to play off my kids cause it sounds so contrite but I have been up since 11PM last night and just happy to be out of the hospital.

I did read up and had questions for Hotshot on their witchhunt and why they were going for it since obviously if they are town then they were doing it for a reason they wouly lynch themselves for. This didnt sit with me well but I can understand the measure and in reading through some of their content, I tend to believe them while I dont agree with their method I can understand what they were trying to do. I have a feeling they are town and while I wanted to vote them out of principle in seeing how everything has gone I believe them. Last night I came to this conclusion cause of the forum title when roles were out on if you didnt get a role.

You did make good points and I will try to be more active as with all comments I have not been and unfortunately I have fallen victim to RL trouble again but will do better to settle it. Now im going to sleep after I finish my work and will see how this all plays out and you did what you could with what you were given Hotshot.

fp aage

Because this was dj's last post. He was called out to come in and provide a response specifically to the possibility of him having the NRA role (and possibly a scum NRA role). His second paragraph here is apparently that response. His few posts have been evasive where as mtam was not. He gives a read of hotshot's motives here but does not spend one sentence explaining himself. I've played enough with mtam to believe he's not bluffing, but many of you may not have the same perspective.

Your scenario on hotshot is a bit of a tall tale as well. I had the fourth pick and I had already come out and said I didn't have the NRA role. So at worst, you're saying the 5th pick might have said he tried to claim NRA and hotshot would be sweating as if the group would automatically single him out? The fact that there were only two people ahead of him doesn't leave him a lot of room to spin his story for long.
Lieutenant Killuminati19

Postby strike wolf on Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:54 pm

The logical move for tomorrow isnt to go for DJ. It is to have both DJ and Mtam claim with their reasonings for their role choices and to pick from there. The we will lynch DJ talk bothers me as much as anything right now (I admit I would have preferes voting DJ to Hotshot yesterday but didnt feel like the momentum would be there to pull it off and preferred an HS lynch over IB or No Lynch (the other scummy voting patterns from yesterday). I do not necessarily agree with Aage and Pancake about the HotShot situation and making it sound like stating that he was VT was the obvious scum move as the very fact that he turned up lynched proves it wasnt.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Killuminati19 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:08 pm

I like that post strike wolf. I'm coming off as overzealous on the dj vote. This is based on the assumption that dj's posting will be similiar in day 2.
Lieutenant Killuminati19

Postby Whatsausage on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:39 pm

Killuminati19 wrote:
Whatsausage wrote:
Killuminati19 wrote:Fwiw, dj could be townie NRA, but if so, he did a poor job of reflecting that. townie or mafia NRA, I just don't see a day 2 scenario where dj isn't the lynch and me and a few others were trying to get that done yesterday.

I do. I see a scenario where we don't go in with our minds pre-decided. I see a scenario where we still have mtam just as much on the line. I see a scenario where the night changes things. (I even see a scenario where mtam (or dj) is town NRA, and the scum kill off dj (or mtam) to try and get us to vote off the NRA, though this one is terribly unlikely because the scum wouldn't know which is NRA)
You have to keep your mind open. Even if just a little bit

Here's another possibility sausage. You are scum. You're posts have been dripping with it from the start.

Oh yes, I am oozing scum :mrgreen: But yes, that is a possibility as far as you could know. Only I could know. (I was going to say an investigative could as well, but scum blocked all but parity cop, that sucks.) I'm not, but unless you infallibly believe my word (please do ;) ) you can't be sure.

Killuminati19 wrote:@ sausage - If dj is here tomorrow, what do you want to wager that dj isn't the lynch? Maybe enough (probably scum) will persuade a push on mtam, but my guess is people like you will try to argue about it up until deadline, but ultimately, dj is the lynch.

Oh yes, let's make a wager! Your life against mine! :roll:

As for my scum behavior, yes I did vote no lynch. I know that is a big no-no around here, but I had to place a vote (because I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it back before the deadline, which I wasn't, 4 tests in a week sucks) and at that time it seemed like the vote on IB was gaining the most traction. I believed no lynch to be the greater choice than that, as we would gain nearly zero info from that flip. It was basically a random kill.
Captain Whatsausage

Postby pancakemix on Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:45 pm

Killuminati19 wrote:So let me get this straight pancake.......Hypothetically I'm mafia. I try to speed up the lynch of a now widely assumed mafia member (dj) while being almost on an island (atleast at first) defending hotshot? I was trying to gain town cred?

That's not implausible, no. In fact, it happens quite a bit. I don't see why it couldn't be the case.

There's a flip side to everything in here isn't there. Why can't it be that I just believed hotshot and wanted to get ahead by a day going for dj?

I'm not saying that's impossible, and HotShot flipping town certainly helps your case. Matter of fact, you're probably the one I'm most inclined to trust out of those who voted DJ, so I think the only reason you're on me is that I thought your behavior scummy inherently, but not necessarily your reasoning. I'm not sure why you're getting so defensive about this.

Also, an hour or two before deadline, it seemed readily apparent to me that hotshot was indeed telling the truth. I gotta feel like I wasn't the only one. Some of you were on during this time (yourself included pancake). Why did you not switch your vote to dj?

Maybe you weren't the only one, but what seems readily apparent to you is not so to others. I had an interpretation of HotShot's actions, and I was not swayed by his posting reads. Anyone can do that. Even if I had switched, what would that accomplish? Mere hours or minutes before the deadline, do you honestly believe that a turnaround could have been mounted toward the commonly deemed more questionable lynch choice?

You and mtam were just kind of like "oh well".

It was well established that HotShot was a low risk lynch, nevermind his actions. I knew going in that the worst thing that could happen was that we would lose a VT and one of two people was scum, which is a pretty good trade all things considered.

Fwiw, dj could be townie NRA, but if so, he did a poor job of reflecting that. townie or mafia NRA, I just don't see a day 2 scenario where dj isn't the lynch and me and a few others were trying to get that done yesterday.

Again, his behavior doesn't indicate his alignment one way or the other. The only thing that is certain is that HotShot proved one of the two is a liar, but it is uncertain which of them that is. Mtam posted more, but that doesn't mean much of anything.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:32 pm

pancakemix wrote:

You and mtam were just kind of like "oh well".

It was well established that HotShot was a low risk lynch, nevermind his actions. I knew going in that the worst thing that could happen was that we would lose a VT and one of two people was scum, which is a pretty good trade all things considered.

Fwiw, dj could be townie NRA, but if so, he did a poor job of reflecting that. townie or mafia NRA, I just don't see a day 2 scenario where dj isn't the lynch and me and a few others were trying to get that done yesterday.

Again, his behavior doesn't indicate his alignment one way or the other. The only thing that is certain is that HotShot proved one of the two is a liar, but it is uncertain which of them that is. Mtam posted more, but that doesn't mean much of anything.

I agree with this.

~~~~~~

For me it seemed like DJ tiptoed around answering the question regarding him being the NRA with his second post. It was very vague and didn't answer a whole lot.

On a side note, this is really bothering me:

Whatsausage wrote:As for my scum behavior, yes I did vote no lynch. I know that is a big no-no around here, but I had to place a vote (because I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it back before the deadline, which I wasn't, 4 tests in a week sucks) and at that time it seemed like the vote on IB was gaining the most traction. I believed no lynch to be the greater choice than that, as we would gain nearly zero info from that flip. It was basically a random kill.

I'm sorry, but the underlined is basically backwards logic to me. Granted, lynching an inactive doesn't give much info, however, it DOES give more info then a No Lynch. I didn't agree with the lynch on IB, but voting No Lynch is honestly worse option in my opinion. :-s

Also, sorry for not posting on Wednesday, work was a godamn bugger >.<
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Zivel on Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:38 pm

First thing we need is a claim from both. Any arguments beforehand are coming across as scum buddying to me. One of them is claiming NRA.
Sergeant Zivel

Postby crasp on Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:54 am

Apoligies people. Really struggling to get online for any decent amount of time. My intention was to change my vote across to Hotshot but I didnt get the time. when i got back on Hotshot was at L1 and saying he was going to post his thougts. MT was not in any danger so i left my vote there as i had to vote.
I still think the main scum power roles will be in the top 6. 5 scum spreading there numbers easy get 2 possibly thre in the top 10. Anything below 6ihs are going to start hedging there bets on what roles they pick as somebody may have already picked the cream and they end up with nothing.
Personally I dont see why anybody would suggest taking the pressure off the top with 24 hours till deadline unless they had some other agenda. By the tme i got back to vote hotshot had more or less convinced me he was town but by that stage he was still the best option instead of just picking somebody at random and lynching them. as i said , at worst we lose a VT, best we get mafia or NRA whch could still have happened.
Sergeant crasp

Postby mtamburini on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:16 am

Killuminati19 wrote:
Whatsausage wrote:
Killuminati19 wrote:Fwiw, dj could be townie NRA, but if so, he did a poor job of reflecting that. townie or mafia NRA, I just don't see a day 2 scenario where dj isn't the lynch and me and a few others were trying to get that done yesterday.

I do. I see a scenario where we don't go in with our minds pre-decided. I see a scenario where we still have mtam just as much on the line. I see a scenario where the night changes things. (I even see a scenario where mtam (or dj) is town NRA, and the scum kill off dj (or mtam) to try and get us to vote off the NRA, though this one is terribly unlikely because the scum wouldn't know which is NRA)
You have to keep your mind open. Even if just a little bit

Here's another possibility sausage. You are scum. You're posts have been dripping with it from the start.

@ aage - Let's not act like hotshot made 1 townie post at the end. The train of thought that he was lying about NRA was a tall tale to begin with.

@ mtam - If you are what I think you are, I should be your best friend in this game.

If you know what role I am ID be impressed

aage wrote:
Killuminati19 wrote:@ aage - Let's not act like hotshot made 1 townie post at the end. The train of thought that he was lying about NRA was a tall tale to begin with.

No it's not.
If Hotshot had been NRA, he had seen the discussion and knew that sooner or later someone might come forward to say they'd sent in NRA and got nothing. The fact that at least two people tried for it shows that that's not a wild idea. Claiming as he did wasn't a bad plan because it offered the opportunity to kill #1 and #2. Scum would likely have discussed and arrived at the conclusion that their top ranked drafter would have to get NRA. If HS were scum, DJ and mtam would be town. We kill one of them during the first day, any protective role town did manage to get would have gone to HotShot and on day two we would have lynched the other top two. That's three dead from a role Mafia was going to lose quite soon. I stand by the play we made.

Also, mtam is clearly softclaiming a vig-type role, so thanks for the mysterious hint.

Trolololol I am not a vigi role. Id like to see where you thought these softs were.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby mtamburini on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:18 am

Oh and kill is town, this mimics more of his town game then his mafia game.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby strike wolf on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:22 am

Wonders aloud if Mtam be a thief in the night.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby mtamburini on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:50 am

strike wolf wrote:Wonders aloud if Mtam be a thief in the night.

Oh hunny, youll be in love with me before you know it
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby Streaker on Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:58 am

Fact is that DJ is STILL hiding. Mtam and DJ will need to claim, and i seriously hope that mtam did not take the role he's hinting at right now (I mean that I would not have picked that one with nr2 draft lol)
Captain Streaker

Postby charm on Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:42 am

mtamburini wrote:

MTam - no flirting with anyone but me! Unless you're cupid. Of course, I could see you as the Meth Man too.

I agree we need both MTam and DJ to claim in Day 2.
Corporal 1st Class charm

Postby mtamburini on Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:45 am

charm wrote:
mtamburini wrote:

MTam - no flirting with anyone but me! Unless you're cupid. Of course, I could see you as the Meth Man too.

Charm plz you started flirting with the other boys you made me jealous.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:59 am

mtamburini wrote:
charm wrote:
mtamburini wrote:

Charm plz you started flirting with the other boys you made me jealous.

Flirting with me is like flirting with a brick wall~
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby StorrZerg on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:06 pm

Day 2 Start

The sleepy town of conquer wakes to find ...pancakemix ?

show

You have 72 hours to decide on the next lynch candidate.
Day 2 ends 10/13 17:00 cc
Major StorrZerg

Re: PYP~Mafia [19/21] Day 2 ends 10/13 17:00 cc

Postby pancakemix on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:27 pm

Aw, hell.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby strike wolf on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:31 pm

*Looks at where Pancake was on the list...looks at his role.*

Cadet strike wolf

Postby mtamburini on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:44 pm

So DJ I know what role you are. Why did you choose not to claim it yesterday?
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:47 pm

pancakemix wrote:Aw, hell.

Well shit, way to go and die.

On a side note, I'm going to very busy this weekend with a tournament >.< I'll try to pop in, but make no guarantee's as it's also Thanksgiving this weekend up here in Canadaland.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby mtamburini on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:57 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:

On a side note, I'm going to very busy this weekend with a tournament >.< I'll try to pop in, but make no guarantee's as it's also Thanksgiving this weekend up here in Canadaland.

Good to know there is more Canadians here as well. I request the end day to be pushed to the 14th please for the Canadians?

ALL IN FAVOR?
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:01 pm

mtamburini wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

Good to know there is more Canadians here as well. I request the end day to be pushed to the 14th please for the Canadians?

ALL IN FAVOR?

EH!

I mean... I!
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives