Conquer Club

PYP~Mafia [05/21] end game

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: PYP~Mafia [11/21] Day 4 ends 10/21 17:00 cc

Postby mtamburini on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:49 pm

Its good you got a mafia check, but I would've preferred you checked me to get people to get off my fucking case and let me lead this town.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:59 pm

I am here, but I had a stupidly busy weekend and I'm stupidly busy at work. I'll try to get a word in tonight, although The cop power from a muffin is a bit is interesting.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby dd515087 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:23 pm

Cop power from eating a muffin? Who the hell comes up with that?
It seems that we have a scum inventor in our midst though. Whatever kind of muffin you were given did not give you an accurate cop check
Cook dd515087

Postby legionnare on Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:30 pm

So JW is saying he got given the muffin that gave him magical cop powers? Unless someone comes forward to counter that they got the muffin then I'm tempted to believe JW. DD does bring up an interesting possibility however; it's possible that it's a scum inventor giving out a muffin that makes you a para cop?
I don't know which way to go on the matter so instead I would like to focus on Ulra's actions.
Sergeant 1st Class legionnare

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:52 pm

It seems rather suspicious to me that jw would investigate someone other than the two main people of interest right now. And without an Inventor claim, it's not possible to know whether jw is telling the truth or not. I'm with legionnaire -- unless we get something else, I'd rather focus on ultras or mtam.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby jwiedlin on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:03 pm

dd515087 wrote:Cop power from eating a muffin? Who the hell comes up with that?
It seems that we have a scum inventor in our midst though. Whatever kind of muffin you were given did not give you an accurate cop check

I remain skeptical as well. There is no way for me to know if the muffin was engineered to give checks like an insane cop. One thing that does speak in favor of an honest muffin is the fact that inventions can not be used to trick the user as to how it works. I was told I have a cop check, so an invention that does anything else might be viewed as against the spirit of this rule.

Zerg, would a device that acts as an insane cop be viewed as "tricking its user" when the user was informed that it functions as a normal cop check?

Inventor -
At night you can invent anything you feel like. Give someone a gun with 1 bullet, give someone more bullets, a med-kit, a detective kit, a telephone or whatever else you can think of. PM me what you want to invent and what player you want to give it to. Of course if you're invention is totally game breaking I won't allow it and you have to invent something else. Be creative ^_^. You can't give yourself anything, and you must tell me how your invention works so I can PM the other player (you cannot trick them to how the invention works). In the Day post there will be a message letting everyone know what was invented, but not who it was given to. You can only invent the same thing (or something very similar) once, and each invention can only be used once by the target. Lastly, you can only give one invention to each player until the remaining alive players have all received an invention. The Inventor cannot be banned due to sheer awesomeness.

Also, we have 3 revealed mafia roles (Vote Rigger, Prince of Darkness, and NRA member). We are estimating about 2 mafia roles remain, some of which may be vanilla. I am viewing the remainder of unknown roles, such as Inventor, as more likely town.
Captain jwiedlin

Postby legionnare on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:11 pm

jwiedlin wrote:
dd515087 wrote:Cop power from eating a muffin? Who the hell comes up with that?

I remain skeptical as well. There is no way for me to know if the muffin was engineered to give checks like an insane cop. One thing that does speak in favor of an honest muffin is the fact that inventions can not be used to trick the user as to how it works. I was told I have a cop check, so an invention that does anything else might be viewed as against the spirit of this rule.

Zerg, would a device that acts as an insane cop be viewed as "tricking its user" when the user was informed that it functions as a normal cop check?

Inventor -
At night you can invent anything you feel like. Give someone a gun with 1 bullet, give someone more bullets, a med-kit, a detective kit, a telephone or whatever else you can think of. PM me what you want to invent and what player you want to give it to. Of course if you're invention is totally game breaking I won't allow it and you have to invent something else. Be creative ^_^. You can't give yourself anything, and you must tell me how your invention works so I can PM the other player (you cannot trick them to how the invention works). In the Day post there will be a message letting everyone know what was invented, but not who it was given to. You can only invent the same thing (or something very similar) once, and each invention can only be used once by the target. Lastly, you can only give one invention to each player until the remaining alive players have all received an invention. The Inventor cannot be banned due to sheer awesomeness.

Also, we have 3 revealed mafia roles (Vote Rigger, Prince of Darkness, and NRA member). We are estimating about 2 mafia roles remain, some of which may be vanilla. I am viewing the remainder of unknown roles, such as Inventor, as more likely town.

IMO it would be sticking to the rules of the role as it gave you a cop check but I don't know whether that means you effectively get a one-shot cop role on top of your normal role (which could mean that you are not told what flavour of cop you are) or if they have to specify that it is insane/para/naive (which would defeat the purpose of making it a flavour of cop. It could fit a mafia inventor to supply town members with LSD laced muffins...
Sergeant 1st Class legionnare

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Depends on the wording.
If user was informed "normal cop check" you may assume safely it is a normal cop check and not insane, since that would be "tricking its user"
Major StorrZerg

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:35 pm

On a quick note, whoever got the Lens of Truth, couldn't they technically use it on legion's claim that dd is mafia? To see if he is telling the truth? I'm assuming that's what it does (Can't imagine how else it would work)
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby jwiedlin on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Per Storrzerg, we can assume this device gives a normal cop check, and not an insane cop check.

The only scenario I could see in which we might be fooled is if a mafia inventor worked in conjunction with a mafia role reverser. That seems overly elaborate, and requires another role to be present that there is no evidence of. The more likely scenario is that we have an accurate read on dd, and should proceed with a lynch today.

@TFO. I was informed when I received the role check to use it before night. The lens of truth likely had a similar expiration, and has likely already been used. Since two devices cannot have the same purpose, I'm guessing the lens of truth was used to discover someone's role rather than alignment.
Captain jwiedlin

Postby Zivel on Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:11 pm

jwiedlin wrote:Per Storrzerg, we can assume this device gives a normal cop check, and not an insane cop check.

The only scenario I could see in which we might be fooled is if a mafia inventor worked in conjunction with a mafia role reverser. That seems overly elaborate, and requires another role to be present that there is no evidence of. The more likely scenario is that we have an accurate read on dd, and should proceed with a lynch today.

Sounds good enough to me, and the fact that dd's answer was 'what town would make a muffin that allows another town do a cop check' confirms it for me.

voting dd
Sergeant Zivel

Postby Zivel on Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:13 pm

mtamburini wrote:Its good you got a mafia check, but I would've preferred you checked me to get people to get off my fucking case and let me lead this town.

What? You would not be able to lead town after your dismal play this game.....
Sergeant Zivel

Postby Zivel on Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:14 pm

I would like to see some claims on those other inventions so that we can check the validity of them.
Sergeant Zivel

Postby dd515087 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:46 pm

Zivel wrote:
jwiedlin wrote:Per Storrzerg, we can assume this device gives a normal cop check, and not an insane cop check.

Sounds good enough to me, and the fact that dd's answer was 'what town would make a muffin that allows another town do a cop check' confirms it for me.

voting dd

All I said was that who would think of a muffin? Why not like a one time use police badge? It's just very random.
Also since we have a confirmed normal cop check, but I'm not mafia, there must be a scum with the Framer role.
Cook dd515087

Postby charm on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:57 pm

Cops eat donuts, not muffins. The inventor must be health conscientious. Unless someone comes forward to dd's defense (other than dd), I do not see any reason why we wouldn't lynch dd.

Since we have less than 24 hours left, I think we need to decide which way to go.
Corporal 1st Class charm

Postby dd515087 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:24 pm

charm wrote:Cops eat donuts, not muffins.

:lol: Come on Inventor, get your shit together.
Another possibility I thought of is that JW is scum and is just flat out lying... Maybe he's trying to divert attention away from his scum buddy mtam or Ultra? Both? :-s
Cook dd515087

Postby Zivel on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:52 pm

dd515087 wrote:
charm wrote:Cops eat donuts, not muffins.

:lol: Come on Inventor, get your shit together.
Another possibility I thought of is that JW is scum and is just flat out lying... Maybe he's trying to divert attention away from his scum buddy mtam or Ultra? Both? :-s

The problem is that you will never convince me of that as I saw he was going to die night before last and no town have claimed this so this may work on the others but for me JW is conf town.
Sergeant Zivel

Postby UltrasPlot on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:52 pm

First off. Did you really believe that I am stupid enough to straightforwardly announce who I'm going to JK and go through with it? I find this necessary to say now - you guys had no need to push it. I essentially did that so I would have a pseudo-JK on two people - mafia isn't gonna kill someone who I say I jk'd. Secondly, if you check the last day me and mtam were dire opponents --- but then Djfireside flipped scum, and mtam was consistently pushing for his lynch, something scum would not have done. I am not saying that mtam is clear. I only believe that mtam is not a viable lynch target for this phase at least. Is it(p) mylo/lylo btw, and will we know when it is (p)mylo/lylo?
Sergeant 1st Class UltrasPlot

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:03 pm

Is it(p) mylo/lylo btw, and will we know when it is (p)mylo/lylo?

Because of the numerous power role possibilities, it is impossible to confirm when mylo/lylo is.
I assure you, when the game becomes unwindable for town, the game will end, or when town lynches the last mafia the game will end.
Major StorrZerg

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:25 pm

Zivel wrote:I would like to see some claims on those other inventions so that we can check the validity of them.

OK, in light of Storr's comment, now is as good as any of a time to observe that I received the Magnifying Glass on D2. The magnifying glass allowed me to see a set of tracks between two players on the previous night (N1), but all I could see was who interacted with who, but not which person was the visitor and which was the visited. I saw a set of tracks between jwiedlin and Iron Butterfly. I don't know if this gives us anything useful, but in light of Storr's comment I'm going to go vote dd since I just find it exceedingly unlikely that mafia's remaining two roles are something like Inventor and Framer.

I am also the King today. I am required to lynch one person before the end of day. Since dd's going to be lynched, I am thinking that I should use this on either mtam or ultras -- whoever y'all think is more suspicious. I am leaning towards mtam but I could be swayed. Either way, I must pull that trigger before end of day tomorrow.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby UltrasPlot on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:44 pm

[color=green]I was asking about pseudo-mylo/lylo - when disregarding powers at which point the scum team will control the lynch if mislynch/no lynch respectively - will this be announced?.[/green]

Regardless I have no idea why you guys are on me... someone explain pls

Postby UltrasPlot on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:49 pm

EBWOP. It also seems that legionnaire has been getting on people for trivial / faulty arguments... see his opinions on Streaker, mtam, and now me. Could just be scum-marining but the point of doing that without OC... Unless someone can affirm that this is his typical playstyle... FoS.

Postby StorrZerg on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:07 am

UltrasPlot wrote:I was asking about pseudo-mylo/lylo - when disregarding powers at which point the scum team will control the lynch if mislynch/no lynch respectively - will this be announced?.

Absolutely not. This is information available to anyone anyways.

You are the mafia and want to shove your down the Town's throat. You can coordinate your draft picks. There are five Mafia to start off. However, I will not indicate whether the Traitor(s) has/have been converted. Mafia have (1) kp per night. Mafia KP is always 1. The Mafia team as a whole gets 5 bans. Please PM me during the drafting phase.

This is the only reminder you get.
Major StorrZerg

Postby Streaker on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:27 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
Zivel wrote:I would like to see some claims on those other inventions so that we can check the validity of them.

OK, in light of Storr's comment, now is as good as any of a time to observe that I received the Magnifying Glass on D2. The magnifying glass allowed me to see a set of tracks between two players on the previous night (N1), but all I could see was who interacted with who, but not which person was the visitor and which was the visited. I saw a set of tracks between jwiedlin and Iron Butterfly. I don't know if this gives us anything useful, but in light of Storr's comment I'm going to go vote dd since I just find it exceedingly unlikely that mafia's remaining two roles are something like Inventor and Framer.

I am also the King today. I am required to lynch one person before the end of day. Since dd's going to be lynched, I am thinking that I should use this on either mtam or ultras -- whoever y'all think is more suspicious. I am leaning towards mtam but I could be swayed. Either way, I must pull that trigger before end of day tomorrow.

Both Mtam and DD have to die, then. Just lynch the person that won't be the town lynch.
Captain Streaker

Postby jonty125 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:44 am

I can't ignore a cop result. Off to vote dd, and I think mtam is town. Assume he is mafia, surely if he had 4 scumbuddies at least one of them would have read what his role did, and realised he submitted actions in "N0" and then the obvious N1 play is to off one lover to get 2 for 1, on N1, without any heat whatsoever.

I'm still not convinced by you Ultra there is a phrase around here called "Lynch All Liars!".
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives