Conquer Club

PYP~Mafia [05/21] end game

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: PYP~Mafia Day 1 ends 10/8 1700 cc

Postby aage on Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:52 am

Streaker wrote:Voting no lynch now would be silly. All those that vote No Lynch should explain themselves. That gains you absolutely NOTHING. In a game with this many players you can definitely afford to mislynch on D1, especially when trading it for information.
We need to know the truth about our top 3 draft, 1 of them is lying (or withholding information at this point). The basis of our dilemma is HS's claim, if he flips VT then we know where to start D2, if he doesn't, then...

^Both these points.

The only way we can know whether we want to lynch amongst the top drafted players is by knowing whether Hotshot is telling the truth. I'm not really inclined to go ahead and kill off the people who most likely got the best roles. If Hotshot is telling the truth, he will flip vanilla town and we will need to look into why #1&2 didn't speak up. If he flips anything other than vanilla town, I suggest we leave #1&2 because HS must be mafia in order for him to lie.

Not lynching any of these three players is the worst plan. Lynching HotShot (either VT or lying scum) gives us the best worst case scenario AND info on DJ and mtam.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Zivel on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:03 am

I have come late into this day, and are voting Mtam.
The no claim from the NRA screams NRA scum, and Hotshots gambit is just too risky for a scum to pull off this early on so I am believing Hotshot and think we have a NRA scum in 1 or 2.
Out of the two I just feel it in my bones to vote Mtam.
Sergeant Zivel

Postby legionnare on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:34 am

Unofficial VC:
Hotshot (6)
Mtam (4)
IronButterfly (3)
No lynch (3)

Out of the top 3 IMO Hotshot is the safest bet for a lynch, claimed VT and says he attempted to take the NRA role, if he flips true then we know #1/#2 are NRA. A vote for Mtam wouldn't solve the issue of what Hotshot has claimed if he flips anything other than NRA. A vote for DJ has the same affect as voting for Mtam.

I would like to have gone elsewhere (such as Virus90 for his skimming earlier) as the constant back and forth is giving me a headache and could quite easily go on into D2 if we don't get the lynch right, giving mafia too much room to manoeuvre, but it is too late in the day to start a BW on someone else.

My vote will be on Hotshot
Sergeant 1st Class legionnare

Postby Killuminati19 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:45 am

My vote is going on dj until he comes in and defends himself. I get that some resolution on the hotshot claim would help us, but if he's telling the truth, I don't think he should die for offering it up. I will reconsider if dj makes an effort, but to this point I don't think we have sufficiently motivated him to do so.
Lieutenant Killuminati19

Postby charm on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:11 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:I just don't like how Charm is playing, but that may because I've never played with her, or the type of posts she makes. Aka, trying to switch up our target 24 hours before the deadline when we simply don't have traction on anyone in the bottom of the group. Just seems to me you're trying to deflect attention from someone (Probably mtam, since you seemed to be buddying up with him a bit, but I could be wrong, that's just how I interpreted things). The reasoning for your vote, I truly hope, was sarcasm. Not believing the BS on the NRA and voting for "#3 because it's my favorite number" is complete garbage. Why do you think it's BS?
Also, basically none of your posts had any substance whatsoever.

Oh you're such a flirt - well we can be kissy kissy on D2. No reason to be jealous of MTam, believe me I will go after him when his behavior dictates to do so. Of course it was sarcasm - however, it worked out that I am going to vote for HotShot. I believe we have scum in the top 3, I never like a no lynch it seems like a waste to me, and I was just trying to stir up so we can get traction on what to do. All was successful. Plus, I need to put in a vote now because I have a really busy day ahead. Looking forward to flirting with you on Day 2! :lol:
Corporal 1st Class charm

Postby mtamburini on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:14 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:Since it's 1:30 am and I have to work in the morning, I'm simply getting in a post before bed.

I put my vote in the other thread for Hotshot.

My mind kind of frayed about page 11/12, but his posts continued to seem... well, odd to me. Yes, knowing who the NRA is would be great, but you really jumped to the conclusion that they Must be a scum. If I was in there shoes with all the threats of being hung, I would have hung back. But that's me. I'll try to elaborate tomorrow before the deadline.

Here's my other thoughts:

I just don't like how Charm is playing, but that may because I've never played with her, or the type of posts she makes. Aka, trying to switch up our target 24 hours before the deadline when we simply don't have traction on anyone in the bottom of the group. Just seems to me you're trying to deflect attention from someone (Probably mtam, since you seemed to be buddying up with him a bit, but I could be wrong, that's just how I interpreted things). The reasoning for your vote, I truly hope, was sarcasm. Not believing the BS on the NRA and voting for "#3 because it's my favorite number" is complete garbage. Why do you think it's BS?

Actually, that's going to be my only substantial thought for the day, as I'm tired as hell. But here's some quick thoughts:

I've liked SW and PCM, got townie vibes as of right now, mtam seemed over defensive, but that could be the play style of him.

I always buddy up to charm cause I enjoy playing with her and we flirt a lot, Ive probably played with her the most here.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby mtamburini on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:15 am

Zivel wrote:I have come late into this day, and are voting Mtam.
The no claim from the NRA screams NRA scum, and Hotshots gambit is just too risky for a scum to pull off this early on so I am believing Hotshot and think we have a NRA scum in 1 or 2.
Out of the two I just feel it in my bones to vote Mtam.

Thanks for your useless contribution to the game on things that have been said already.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby mtamburini on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:17 am

charm wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:I just don't like how Charm is playing, but that may because I've never played with her, or the type of posts she makes. Aka, trying to switch up our target 24 hours before the deadline when we simply don't have traction on anyone in the bottom of the group. Just seems to me you're trying to deflect attention from someone (Probably mtam, since you seemed to be buddying up with him a bit, but I could be wrong, that's just how I interpreted things). The reasoning for your vote, I truly hope, was sarcasm. Not believing the BS on the NRA and voting for "#3 because it's my favorite number" is complete garbage. Why do you think it's BS?

Oh you're such a flirt - well we can be kissy kissy on D2. No reason to be jealous of MTam, believe me I will go after him when his behavior dictates to do so. Of course it was sarcasm - however, it worked out that I am going to vote for HotShot. I believe we have scum in the top 3, I never like a no lynch it seems like a waste to me, and I was just trying to stir up so we can get traction on what to do. All was successful. Plus, I need to put in a vote now because I have a really busy day ahead. Looking forward to flirting with you on Day 2! :lol:

YOU FUCKING CHEATING ON ME CHARM?!?!
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:30 am

After thinking on it overnight, if mtam was the NRA member, then would he be pressuring me? Because my (seemingly inevitable at this point) lynch will show that I was telling the truth, which will put pressure on the top 2, and mtam in specific for leading the charge on me. So if he really was the NRA member he'd know I was telling the truth, and would probably try to lead the charge elsewhere. (And with posting as much as he can when he gets going, he has a good chance at leading the charge on whomever he wants to) Plus, a scum mtam would more likely not be as missing in the beginning of the game.

Dj however has done just enough to not be missing, but posted nothing of significance. Yeah, I know people have lives, but storr's games have pretty short days and you need to make more than 1 post during it. So I will unvote, vote Dj

The amount of people on my bandwagon that don't think I am scum, but figure it's safe to lynch a VT is alarming... the goal is to hunt scum, not just take the easy way out.

(fp by mtam 3 times)
Major HotShot53

Postby jonty125 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:48 am

mtamburini wrote:WTF you have no reads on either of us? Look at my posts look at his POST. You see what I did there?

At the time of my post, granted you had wrote more words, and you offered a few reads but that doesn't make you more towny.

mtamburini wrote:Also you say hot shot could be lying and drafted someone else, if he is mafia and gets me and DJ lynched he just sacced himself for two towns that had top 2 pick. I suggest you go look for your brain and use it logically.

Same to you, as mafia, if I was in a position where by throwing one member under the bus, you can take out the 2 "best" town roles, I would give that offer a good hard look before, completly throwing it out of the window.

mtam wrote:is the life of a VT worth finding out if DJ is the NRA? Or is it better that a vanilla mafia tries to out the NRA so they know not to kill it in the night?

You do ask a good question, and after reading your other posts, I can see why Hotshot is probably the best lynch for today, as it confirms/unconfirms??? that the NRA is #1 or #2 pick.

Killuminati19 wrote:I think DJ's silence is looking most scummy of the three.
Less than 12 hours after DJ's last post, either your pretty zealous to lynch DJ or impatient. IGMEOY killuminati.

Also FOS Whatsausage, killuminati for voting no lynch

sFOS IB because he seems to have voted no lynch based on misunderstanding deadline, but he hasn't moved his vote.

Voting Hotshot that puts him @ L-2.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Killuminati19 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:10 am

IGMEOY
FOS
OMGUS

What do these mean?

What part of "I will reconsider if dj posts" didn't you understand? He is one of the top 3 and the only one not contributing to figuring this out. I put the no vote out there to get a vote in and also in the case that I didn't find a viable D1 lynch candidate. Unlike you and streaker, I don't think a D1 mislynch is acceptable without good reason for doing it. I'm now confident that we have good reasons.
Lieutenant Killuminati19

Postby pancakemix on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:33 am

Killuminati19 wrote:IGMEOY I've Got My Eye On You
FOS Finger of Suspicion (it's a step below a vote, pretty much)
OMGUS OMG U Suck

What do these mean?

What part of "I will reconsider if dj posts" didn't you understand? He is one of the top 3 and the only one not contributing to figuring this out. I put the no vote out there to get a vote in and also in the case that I didn't find a viable D1 lynch candidate. Unlike you and streaker, I don't think a D1 mislynch is acceptable without good reason for doing it. I'm now confident that we have good reasons.

But voting him isn't acceptable because you can't demonstrate that his absence is a deliberately scummy act (indeed, the opposite is easily demonstrated). If we look at his pattern of behavior here and elsewhere in the forum, he'll probably show up around 1 or 2, roughly three hours before the deadline. That means he has ample time to post, but you DON'T necessarily have time to unvote. So if DJ is mislynched, you have a convenient excuse of "Well, I wasn't here". But if that doesn't work for DJ, it won't work for you.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Streaker on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:37 am

Killuminati19 wrote:IGMEOY
FOS
OMGUS

What do these mean?

Where did I state that a mislynch is acceptable? I gave a VERY good reason for it.
Captain Streaker

Postby Streaker on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:40 am

EBWOP, pressed too soon.

So killuminati, can you state exactly where we said that we a D1 mislynch is acceptable?
You are now confident with the reasons that I provided...

Scummarizing much?
Captain Streaker

Postby pancakemix on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:51 am

Streaker wrote:EBWOP, pressed too soon.

So killuminati, can you state exactly where we said that we a D1 mislynch is acceptable?
You are now confident with the reasons that I provided...

Scummarizing much?

Streaker wrote:Voting no lynch now would be silly. All those that vote No Lynch should explain themselves. That gains you absolutely NOTHING. In a game with this many players you can definitely afford to mislynch on D1, especially when trading it for information.
We need to know the truth about our top 3 draft, 1 of them is lying (or withholding information at this point). The basis of our dilemma is HS's claim, if he flips VT then we know where to start D2, if he doesn't, then...

I am not seeing much action from DJ, which is disturbing since this whole discussion has him centered in it. If HS flips town, I'd say start with him.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby Streaker on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:57 am

'Without good reason for doing so'.
Captain Streaker

Postby pancakemix on Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:01 am

Streaker wrote:'Without good reason for doing so'.

There's no caveat there. You said it outright. Trying to add one looks awful shady when you're trying to use it as a cudgel.
Epic Win

Postby grt on Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:05 am

I believe Hotshot is VT and he is telling the truth. Which leaves Djfireside or mtamburini as NRA. The fact that neither has claimed this leads me to believe one is mafia (or they are scared of being lynched even if they are town). The dilemma is which to choose - mtamburini has been the more vocal of the 2 and initially started the lynch on hotshot but then this could have been due to hotshot starting the lynch on mtam. I'm leaning towards Dj as NRA & mafia.
Major grt

Postby Streaker on Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:06 am

I shall now retreat from this argument for 2 reasons:

-Non comprehensive of those words
-I indeed said it outright. Though it was taken out of context.
Captain Streaker

Postby Killuminati19 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:07 am

pancakemix wrote:
Killuminati19 wrote:IGMEOY I've Got My Eye On You
FOS Finger of Suspicion (it's a step below a vote, pretty much)
OMGUS OMG U Suck

What do these mean?

But voting him isn't acceptable because you can't demonstrate that his absence is a deliberately scummy act (indeed, the opposite is easily demonstrated). If we look at his pattern of behavior here and elsewhere in the forum, he'll probably show up around 1 or 2, roughly three hours before the deadline. That means he has ample time to post, but you DON'T necessarily have time to unvote. So if DJ is mislynched, you have a convenient excuse of "Well, I wasn't here". But if that doesn't work for DJ, it won't work for you.

Thank you for providing the streaker quote pancake. Now onto this. Hotshot is the clear lynch candidate based on the current vote count. I was the first to vote DJ. In other mafia games I play it is common to vote someone to pressure them. I'm not voting dj because I'm sure he's scum. He'll probably show up between 1 and 2? Fine. But he showed up around that time yesterday and he didn't provide any substance to help clear things up. I will have time to unvote if I feel it's warranted. You said that I can't say that his absense is deliberately scummy, but as you pointed out, he hasn't been absent. These same questions were floating around for him to answer when he made his appearance yesterday.

@ streaker - In your quote you said "In a game with this many players you can definitely afford a mislynch on D1, especially when trading it for information". I suppose "trading it for information" supports your argument, but your use of the word "especially" insinuates to me that you don't really give a crap if we have a D1 mislynch.

FP'd by pancake and streaker twice.
Lieutenant Killuminati19

Postby pancakemix on Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:23 am

Killuminati19 wrote:Thank you for providing the streaker quote pancake.

No probs. I calls 'em like I sees 'em ;)

Now onto this. Hotshot is the clear lynch candidate based on the current vote count. I was the first to vote DJ. In other mafia games I play it is common to vote someone to pressure them. I'm not voting dj because I'm sure he's scum. He'll probably show up between 1 and 2? Fine. But he showed up around that time yesterday and he didn't provide any substance to help clear things up. I will have time to unvote if I feel it's warranted. You said that I can't say that his absense is deliberately scummy, but as you pointed out, he hasn't been absent. These same questions were floating around for him to answer when he made his appearance yesterday.

Normally I would have no problem with that, but Storr games tend to be very fast paced. Pressure voting isn't as effective because time is more of a commodity, and it makes voting that way a dangerous game come deadline. The act itself is not inherently scummy, but I fail to see how posting once a day is unusual behavior or how voting him will bring him in any faster.

To add to that, I don't really know what you expect him to say. It's doubtful he'll fess up if he is the NRA at this point. If he doesn't do that, what do you expect him to clear up?

I need to get work done. I'll be back for deadline.
Epic Win

Postby jwiedlin on Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:24 am

Lynching Hotshot would be a mistake in my opinion. I believe he is town, and I strongly urge those voting for him to reconsider.

There is evidence that djfireside is lying, and that makes him the better lynch. Dj made an indirect statement that he was not the NRA member (I didn't get the hot role). Furthermore, he offered additional information that was not asked for (since it isn't any fun). He also tried to bury this statement with separate topics before and after. This behavior is indicative of someone that is lying.

Djfireside wrote:Streaker: It was 1,2. I figured id try it but definately didnt think it would land me where it did

As for all the fishing I can pick where I believe all the top roles are. I didnt get the hot role that everyone is on since it isnt any fun. In that aspect though, with SW coming out and saying lynch whoever claims NRA will drastically stop anyone from claiming it.

Charm since the mafia got to pick their own roles to ban I would have to assume they could talk and plotted it all out and its obvious the roles they banned. Beyond that point its all speculation. At least there are enough roles out there which should prove to be benefical

fp legion

I am voting Djfireside, and encouraging others to do the same.
Captain jwiedlin

Postby pancakemix on Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:29 am

jwiedlin wrote:Lynching Hotshot would be a mistake in my opinion. I believe he is town, and I strongly urge those voting for him to reconsider.

There is evidence that djfireside is lying, and that makes him the better lynch. Dj made an indirect statement that he was not the NRA member (I didn't get the hot role). Furthermore, he offered additional information that was not asked for (since it isn't any fun). He also tried to bury this statement with separate topics before and after. This behavior is indicative of someone that is lying.

Djfireside wrote:Streaker: It was 1,2. I figured id try it but definately didnt think it would land me where it did

As for all the fishing I can pick where I believe all the top roles are. I didnt get the hot role that everyone is on since it isnt any fun. In that aspect though, with SW coming out and saying lynch whoever claims NRA will drastically stop anyone from claiming it.

Charm since the mafia got to pick their own roles to ban I would have to assume they could talk and plotted it all out and its obvious the roles they banned. Beyond that point its all speculation. At least there are enough roles out there which should prove to be benefical

fp legion

I am voting Djfireside, and encouraging others to do the same.

This is the worst bullshit I have ever read. It's horribly forced.

The move to vote DJ looks pretty coordinated. I'm suspect of jwied, grt and killuminati.
Epic Win

Postby dd515087 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:34 am

@strike I don't think that's entirely fair, but yes I have stuck mostly to the discussion about the Top 3 and the NRA just like everyone else

I still think HotShot is a safer vote than Dj at this point so I will vote HotShot for now in case I can't make it back on before the deadline. I think that puts him at L-1 if no one has changed their votes
Cook dd515087

Postby Killuminati19 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:38 am

I'm not coordinating with anyone. Your point about Storr games being quicker is noted. This is my first. The push on hotshot just doesn't sit well with me. I lean towards believing him and if what he says is true, he shouldn't be lynched for it. I also tend to believe mtam, so for me, that leaves dj. A lynch of dj should serve a similiar purpose as a lynch of hotshot. If he was lynched and didn't come up as NRA, we would be left with mtam and hotshot, one of which would be a liar. I get there is a risk of lynching a strong town pr, but I'm leaving that to dj to comment on.

FP'd by dd515087
Lieutenant Killuminati19

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives