Conquer Club

PYP~Mafia [05/21] end game

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: PYP~Mafia Drafting is live! game is live! Drafting end 1

Postby legionnare on Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:41 am

crasp wrote:@ strikewolf.Only repentant sinners shall pass.
Fake vote Legion for being a fifty-fiver. :lol:

##Fakevotecrasp
Ha, baws to you, you're just hiding behind that '45' avatar secret Mr No. :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class legionnare

Postby mtamburini on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:10 am

This fake BW vote on crasp must mean hes town and theres mafia pushing this agenda.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby strike wolf on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:15 am

mtamburini wrote:This fake BW vote on crasp must mean hes town and theres mafia pushing this agenda.

Overly defensive scum buddy alert!
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Streaker on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:00 am

strike wolf wrote:
mtamburini wrote:This fake BW vote on crasp must mean hes town and theres mafia pushing this agenda.

Overly defensive scum buddy alert!

Fakevote strike wolf for not voting on overly defensive scum buddies, thats scummy!
Captain Streaker

Postby jonty125 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:07 am

Fakevote jonty125 because I'm not allowed to vote for myself, per se the rules :P
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby mtamburini on Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:06 pm

You read the rules? Must be scum
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby virus90 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:57 pm

is it weird to be kind of exciteted about the draft order ? :P
Major virus90

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:46 pm

virus90 wrote:is it weird to be kind of exciteted about the draft order ? :P

Not really, since that will depend which of the many crazy roles we are able to pick...

Question for the mod... how exactly will we draft our roles? If we draft 5th for example, will we know what the prior 4 roles picked were that we can't pick? Or will we send in multiple choices, and just get the first one that isn't picked already? Or something else?
Major HotShot53

Postby virus90 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:58 pm

HotShot53 wrote:

Not really, since that will depend which of the many crazy roles we are able to pick...

Question for the mod... how exactly will we draft our roles? If we draft 5th for example, will we know what the prior 4 roles picked were that we can't pick? Or will we send in multiple choices, and just get the first one that isn't picked already? Or something else?

I wondered aswell, but its in the first post. but let me make it easy for you:

Basicly; if your pick is already picked you will be vanilla all game. so the draft not only determines the "crazy roles" we are gonna get but also if we are gonna have roles at all. since being 21st will probably give you a slin chance of picking a role that is not already picked... or atleasts makes it hard.

for the specifics i would say; read the first post ;)
Major virus90

Postby virus90 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:00 pm

ok ill make it super easy; since its so important: this is exactly what it states in the first post:

The order of the draft will be revealed after everyone sends in their numbers. The pool of roles will always be available.The pool of roles will be picked secretly by draft order via PM. Once that role is gone, if anyone else tries to pick it later they will be notified it is gone and will end up stuck with their Vanilla Role. It is entirely possible to end up with Scum Cops, Scum Vigilantes, Town Role blockers and so on.
Major virus90

Postby dd515087 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:06 pm

We vote together to ban 4 roles in this forum, so we will know what roles we ban. Not sure if we do that now or if we wait till after the draft order has been determined
Cook dd515087

Postby Whatsausage on Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:07 pm

Oop, beat me to it virus, I had it copied and ready to paste :P

That will make it interesting, I think we could use that along with the draft order to determine some roles. The most obvious example being that if the second draftee tries to choose the same role as the first, then we could all know his role. Of course that isn't alignment indicative and it would almost certainly be more useful for all the town to just get their own PR's. Just thoughts.

FP'd by dd
Captain Whatsausage

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:49 pm

HotShot53 wrote:

Everyone submits which ever role they would like via pm (one role). Priority picks go to those who are highest on the draft. If you pick something that someone else also picks, who ever is higher on the draft gets that power, the lower pick gets the role vanilla town (or mafia).

Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:01 pm

Doing draft order now. Will be up soon.
Voting thread will be up shortly as well
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:15 pm

The Draft

1 Djfireside
2 mtamburini
3 HotShot53
4 Killuminati19
5 Virus90
6 Metsfanmax
7 jonty125
8 grt
9 legionnare
10 streaker
11 crasp
12 charm
13 Whatsausage
14 dd515087
15 aage
16 Zivel
17 jwiedlin
18 pancakemix
19 strike wolf
20 Iron Butterfly
21 Some7hingCLEVER

The Voting Thread

viewtopic.php?f=213&t=208086

You have 48 hours to figure out bans.
Major StorrZerg

Re: PYP~Mafia Ban phase is live! Ban phase ends 10/3 17:00

Postby strike wolf on Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:59 pm

so you changed the sign up list to reflect draft order?

So the townie in me is saying to ban as many mafia roles as possible to leave them with as few roles to pick as possible. It is just a matter of deciding which mafia roles would be the most devastating towards town.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Correct sign up list now reflects draft order
Major StorrZerg

Postby jwiedlin on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:12 pm

I'm assuming this is the place to discuss bans, and the other thread is purely for voting for bans.

Below are a few roles that worry me if they make it into the hands of Mafia. I didn't have a chance to make it through the whole list, so this is not all-inclusive. This list, when complete, would include most of the killing roles, so it will need to be trimmed down to the greatest threats. Maybe a rating system for threat level if owned by Mafia is in order?

show: Veteran

show: hero

show: NRA Member

show: Mad Hatter

show: Vigilante

show: CPR Doctor

show: Assassin
Captain jwiedlin

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:02 pm

I'm not sure exactly how it would rank compared to the other concerns, but I'd be worried about Floridian and Politician as mafia because if we get down to late game the vote-altering potential will be huge. On the other hand, with 21 players, this may not be such a concern.

Question re: bullet bill. Would he trigger on any mafia, or does it have to be a NV mafia specifically with a killing role?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby strike wolf on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Yeah. I am concerned that the drafting system favors mafia. Most non-investigative town roles work well with mafia while most mafia roles are completely useless to town. Furthermore mafia having uncontested banning ability on 5 roles...

Cadet strike wolf

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:03 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Question re: bullet bill. Would he trigger on any mafia, or does it have to be a NV mafia specifically with a killing role?

Triggers on people who have killing roles. (Does not trigger off "nukes"
The mafia who submits the kp, would trigger bullet bill as well.
Major StorrZerg

Postby Djfireside on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:10 pm

Woo first. As for roles to ban out I think the list above is pretty good. The killing roles are the ones we need to phase out cause if mafia pulls too many it will be a quick game.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:22 pm

Cool, I go third :) Now just watch me pick something the first 2 already picked and end up vanilla anyway lol.

For the doctor, you list possibilities of it being weak or paranoid as well as normal... are they three separate roles? Or is it random which one the doctor is? Or was that just how you copied it, but the doctor will just be normal?

As to what to ban, I agree that the killing roles are the most dangerous and least useful to town (half the time town kills other town with them).

The NRA member seems the most dangerous to me... it's likely that if it's in the game it will kill some investigative roles, whether a town or mafia has it. I will probably be voting to ban this role.

CPR doctor could be very dangerous if controlled by mafia... probably the second role I'd ban if I had 2 votes. They could use it as basically a second night kill every night.

Hero is a dangerous role for a mafia to have also... makes it very hard to lynch them.

Assassin is a role that could be used by mafia because town usually tells the truth, while mafia usually lies... so a town assassin would probably be worthless, while a mafia assassin could kill anyone who claimed, or force town to do fake claims.

Those are the 4 most dangerous roles I see that I would recommend banning.
Major HotShot53

Postby strike wolf on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:56 pm

Well since no one is taking the bait I left, I'll make a bit more serious post.

NRA member is the role that I would probably have top of my ban list. It's destructive regardless of who has it and in the current set up, town is likely to avoid choosing it but mafia probably won't be so favorable. Beyond that, it is going to be a balancing act picking between roles that can bypass protections (my theory right now is that mafia will mostly vote to ban investigative roles leaving town protection heavy, if they do they will probably try to get the killing roles that bypass protections), the ones with the most shots and the roles that can manipulate votes as someone else said. The Prince of Darkness role also worries me a bit but it's probably not as worthy of dealing away with since it is a one shot ability. The killing through protections is limited as well which makes me feel less concerned. Janitor worries me too but I am not sure it worries me enough to put on my top 4.

Hero is one that looks good as town on paper but considering the most capable townies who could most reliably pull off lynching mafia based on their wagon are the ones less likely to find themselves lynched (Of course there is always the play like a jester plan but that's...risky). It would be a risk if mafia got it as they wouldn't have to be as careful about killing off townies.

I will echo Hotshot's concern about the CPR doctor.

I am not as worried about mafia controlling a veteran. It could be problematic but less problematic than some other roles.

Mad Hatter I would say is a moderate threat. I think I would still be more concerned by the Assassin and the CPR doc falling into mafia hands. I would say the same about vigilante.

A mafia assassin could be very strong but not invincible. I would probably put the threat of this role between that of a mad hatter/vigilante and a CPR doctor.

As far as other lynch alterers other than the Hero, they all bug me.

I would say the roles I would be most prone to get rid of right now are:

1. NRA member
2. CPR doctor
3. Hero

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Streaker on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:46 am

I agree with the shortlist above, and would like to add the

-Vigilante: You have the ability to kill up to two people of your choice at any night phase in the game. You cannot use both at once and may wait to use them whenever you feel like. If your hits ever overlap with a mafia hit I will cancel it and notify you the following day and you will be able to use it again. If your hit overlaps with another Vigilante I will cancel all other hits but the first one and will notify anyone who's hit didn't go through the following day and you will be able to use it again. You will not be told if it was mafia or murderer that caused your hit to be canceled.

And maybe:

-Admiral Ackbar: Can suicide and kill someone and all medics protecting them and everyone who has made an action on them on the latest half cycle. You may use your ability day or night!

The vigilante is evident: 2 nightkills. if you are mafia and coordinate this, things can get messy pretty quickly.

Ackbar is trickier, but would potentially devastate town in a later stage of the game.

I suggest to wait a little longer, get input from all of the others and then take our short list of 4 to the other thread and divide our votes over them?

PS: DJ, did you take (1) (1), out of curiosity?
Captain Streaker

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives