Conquer Club

Balance Not Included Mafia 3/12 End Game: Balance. Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Balance Not Included Mafia 9/12 D2: Distracted Equilibri

Postby StorrZerg on Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:08 am

My Read on PCM.

Day 1

he starts pushing with me against virus. follows my lead, helps make my case on virus seem reasonable. I read all his actions against virus at this point as town sided.

His shift onto mets day 1, because mets was defending virus.
More accurately, the argument is about how mets is using wifom.

This proceeds in my view a large section of wasted time on day 1 from both parties. They are so invested with yelling at each other, that they are not actually helping the game. Hence my call out to both of them to stop. Neither presented a good case that wasn't filled with frustration, and rage at the time.

With how much time was spent with those two day 1, Its odd that they have not really said much if not anything day 2 about each other.
Specially since a big part of this was mets defending virus over wifom. yet pcm seems to have forgotten all about this on day 2.

When i asked him to give reads on someone else, he did. He gave his thoughts on Spiesr and IB.

Now here is where he switches back to virus.

pancakemix wrote:Wait. You think DJ is scum based on mtam's meta? That don't make no sense. Also doesn't make sense to not lynch virus just because there hasn't been a counter, and a DJ isn't going to get the traction at this point. I'm haven't terribly been on your side up to this point Storr. I think you've been on me and Mets for the show of it. FOS and I'll be giving you a solid look tomorrow

As far as Mets goes, while I still think there are some unanswered questions, they obviously don't hold enough weight to sway anyone at this juncture. I'll keep an eye on it, but don't expect me to come out swinging tomorrow (I know, you can all breathe easy).

Believe it or not, I agree with Mets here. I prefer the potential outcomes with virus dead as opposed to him being alive.

Unvote vote virus

Those aren't complete thoughts, but I'm in a rush. See you on the other side, peeps.

SHUT UP STORR I'M POSTING

he leads that DJ will not get traction. This post is after the virus claim, after i started pushing on dj. I've also made it clear that i will Have virus lynched if he fails to contribute. This is important because No one else is near the chopping block. Sure i go and push DJ after this, but its very clear at this point in time, before pcm votes virus, that i will come back.
I find it odd that he says he hasn't been up to my side up to this point. Considering he was very much ok with my virus push. I assume since i was defending mets, on grounds that mets defends not the player, but attacks the arguments used on players. Hence why i thought mets wasn't actually defending virus.

he agrees with mets reasoning to push Virus. Which has nothing to do with the claim being scummy, rather than policy. Its better to have a dead vig, than wondering if you have a town vig that shot wrong, or a mafia vig). I will say this, i don't think pcm had an original reason to lynch virus. The only thing he did on day 1 that was unique was his push on mets. Which was futile, and failed to do any thing. He followed me on virus the first time, And he followed mets logic/reasoning the second time.

Bee tee dubs, and it's moot now regardless, but Batman famously has a no-kill rule, if we really want to get into that sort of flavor shenanigans.

See this doesn't matter, virus is all ready dead at this point. Its a matter of hours before the hammer. So this could not have helped pcms influence on deciding virus claim imo.

Conclusion of day 1. Mostly town, i know i'm pushing it mafia siding near the end, part of that has to do with day 2. He helped push virus early on, got side tracked on mets, came back to help lynch mafia.

Day 2

Here is where things really start going down hill for pcm and why he starts leaning mafia. He is the second person to push a vote on me after DJ.

pancakemix wrote:
StorrZerg wrote:
Djfireside wrote:This shouldnt be any shocker but based on Storr's push and pull back on Virus and his adament approach to defend him at the end, I believe he played that all up and knew all along.

Vote StorrZerg

So you honestly believe, i pushed virus for 5 or 6 days, "making up cases on him multiple times" then back out last minute to try and save him? *as mafia with virus*

@dj why do you think virus didn't vote on you near the end? I made it very clear his only option was to vote you, yet he failed to do so. He even stated he didnt see another option at the time. He even failed to mention you in his closing thoughts, when i even asked him to.

Actually, yes. Right now you look like shit. Vote StorrZerg

On your second note: What's your point? He was scum who had already made a bad play. So he made two bad plays. Is this your piss-poor attempt at trying to shift the focus? Because it's making you look worse.

This isn't an actual case. He leads with "you look like shit" He immediately brings up the heat against me. He doesn't actually say what his case is, but is very content with pushing me very hard. I felt i made a valid point about virus failing to vote for the second largest case. (a desperation attempt ) Sure it was likely an accident on virus part since i think dj is town, instead pcm is not resonable imo, he attacks the argument directly shutting me down.

The day continues with him striking down nearly every point i bring up. Anything that is brought up is "Terrible idea" "It doesn't. He could have been... "
Admittedly i have been frustrated with pcm. Likely he is as well with me. Yet nearly all of day 2 felt like relentless pressure from him, unwilling to back off for a second. Never considering any point i brought up to be valid. Always playing devils advocate.
It is not until this point.

Wait, you're giving up? I'm legitimately on the fence here about your claim, but I have some doubts about your actions and your role. You could answer those questions and maybe sway me but if you're content to be lynched, I'm content to leave my vote where it is.

This sentiment seems like he was genuinely thinking about my lynch. Yet every post between us was contrary in my eyes. Its as if, me pushing a second read day 1 on dj was worth 1000 scum points. While my initial push on virus was worth 1. My second push on virus 1. Striker re-targeting my action onto himself, 1 point. I don't ever feel like he asked any inquisitive questions towards me, nor did he seem to care about my opinions on anyone else in the game. Admittedly if he thinks I'm scum he might not care about what i think. Still, he hasn't bothered to talk to other people in the game, about other topics. About who might be town, about who else might be scum. Also i was never content to be lynched, I still am not content to be lynched. Day 2 had been going on long enough, with nothing happening, that i felt it was very likely for 2 people to get "bored" and hammer me. Hence why i asked for more time to push out more reads, present more cases.

My arguments about your behavior (which you admit makes you look anti-town) still stand.

I don't believe this to be correct, i don't think i ever said my behavior made me look anti town. (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong) I'm pretty sure i said it wasn't helping my case. That does not imply anti-town. Being rude to the point where people are not bothering to read what I write is an issue. It isn't anti-town, but it can hurt me because people can get frustrated, and then ignore or not bother with me. Obviously i let my frustration get the better of me, and so after your comment I'm correcting that. So i'm trying to be as clear as i can, i'm trying to be as reasonable as i can.

Maybe pcm you are just tunneling way to hard on one specific point, and that is why you don't care to read me. maybe it has to do with me being sarcastic, being a dick what have you. So your happy to lynch me "because you think i'm scum" and because i'm a dick, is just bonus points.

PCM has pushed 1 read on day 2. "storr is scum"
He has been unbending, unyielding on his push since the start of day 2.

He has not town read anyone in the game. He has not scum read anyone else in the game. His entire conversation on day 2, has been about 1 person. I have no idea where he plans to go on day 3. Fair warning people, he has been a tunneling 90% of this game.

So with that. I have PCM as scum. [s ]Or poor town, who has done nothing to help progress day 2 since he has been tunneling since the very start of the day. and isn't bothering to figure out the game. [/s]
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:11 am

ebwop last part

So with that. I have PCM as scum. Or poor town, who has done nothing to help progress day 2 since he has been tunneling since the very start of the day. and isn't bothering to figure out the game.
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:23 am

for clarity. I'd still like jonty lynched. I want james lynched the most

Pending failure on either of those lynches, and a lynch on myself.
pcm can be lynched day 3, if i'm lynched today. (if he is town, he clearly cannot be trusted to figure out the game, since he isn't bothering to figure out the game today 100% pure tunnel power) He would have to have a role that could be hard confirmed to live imo.

Day 3 will likely have 7 people. If so, then pcm is a great lynch. If at 6, then its very important a mafia is lynched, so less 100% lynch pcm if 6 people alive. (since at 6 players its very likely 2 anti town factions) Lynching a SK doesn't help, since town would still most likely lose. (6 people, sk lynched 5, mafia kill 4 2v2 end of game)

Pending james information/claim. I feel jonty/james can be caught in lies if they are scum on day 4.

Streaker if you can choose who a targets action can go to, i suggest you redirect jonty, pcm or james.
Major StorrZerg

Postby jonty125 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:27 am

spiesr wrote:Interesting. Can the target voluntarily remove the protection/block, and can you have it on multiple players at once?

Not that I'm aware of and yes.

unvote, vote James randomly confessing that you were at the scene of the crime. That's not town play. And for clarity. I'd still like Virus lynched.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby StorrZerg on Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:32 am

virus is dead...
Major StorrZerg

Postby Streaker on Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:41 am

StorrZerg wrote:Streaker, can you be more specific?

You took my action and placed it on yourself?

Exactly that. No busdriving. I had a town read on Storr, with a hunch for an investigative role. That is why I used my ability on Storr. It seems a good time now to come forward with this information. Nothing happened to me, I did not receive any message either regarding my actioN.
Captain Streaker

Postby jonty125 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:31 am

StorrZerg wrote:virus is dead...

I meant Storr no idea why I typed virus.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby pancakemix on Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:45 am

My role triggers on a kill or kill attempt. hence the reasoning if someone claimed with a bullet, they could be proved town by my role.

This actually makes me less inclined to believe your claim.

You don't have to like my idea thats fine. I'm trying to be reasonable right now. How can you fault me for trying everything i can to prove my alignment? Also, if what streaker said is correct, I did not kill anyone in the night. Doesn't that buy me some credibility since i'm being confirmed that i didn't kill anyone.

I can fault you for scummy suggestions born of self-preservation. What town would need to mortgage for that is too steep for the return. As for Streaker, it would only prove you didn't shoot. That doesn't clear you.

James has been online several times since his last post. And didn't post. You suggesting to let someone play this way, when they most likely won't be mod replaced because he has contributed the minimum required. (ok don't quote me on this, but i think he has, specially since he most certainly will come in and vote me)

I was being facetious. You must admit the fact that he posted shortly thereafter is amusing, though.

On James' action claim: I'll agree that that was out of nowhere. It's also highly convenient because it's about as unconfirmable as Storr's action. It's worth remembering

On Jonty's action: I don't know what to think here. Jailor is a double-edged sword as noted by others, but this particular version leans more protective. That being the case, I find it hard to believe Jonty wanted to use it as a block. On the other hand, if you believe DJ is scum, you can discount the possibility of a vig targeting based on virus' flip, which allows you to block freely. Further, the block doesn't mean he "agrees with Storr". They may have felt the same way about DJ for different reasons. Then again, it's still uncertain why he didn't block Storr in that case. Huh. Tough call.

Metsfanmax wrote:Can you stop putting #'s in front of your votes? As a programmer I instinctively think those lines are commented out and so I ignore them.

Sorry, but I lol'd at this.

On Storr's read on me: When I said he looked like shit, I was obviously following up on Storr's response to DJ (and thereby supporting DJ's case). Nor the ellipsis in my post:

Actually, yes.

This only makes sense if it's following something, so most people would look to see what the "yes" refers to. Does Storr do this? Nope. He's mad I used the s-h-word. *gasp* I know, right? How dare I. I should know that you can't swear on the internet. Really though, this is just a distraction from the fact that I actually did something, which is agree with DJ. The fact that he says I led with "you look like shit" is proof he's either not reading properly or willfully ignoring the operative phrase of that post.

The day continues with him striking down nearly every point i bring up. Anything that is brought up is "Terrible idea" "It doesn't. He could have been... "
Admittedly i have been frustrated with pcm. Likely he is as well with me. Yet nearly all of day 2 felt like relentless pressure from him, unwilling to back off for a second. Never considering any point i brought up to be valid. Always playing devils advocate.

Um... sorrynotsorry? How is this bad?

This sentiment seems like he was genuinely thinking about my lynch. Yet every post between us was contrary in my eyes.

In hindsight, I will grant you that my posts read more contrary than I intended them to. Between your claim and the post you quoted, I was thinking about switching off of you, but your post there:

I'm done defending. Going to use the rest of my time to present detailed reads on every single one of you.

...reads like you're tipping your king (despite your insistence to the contrary, I have no idea how else to interpret this). My opinion was that if you were giving up, I'd oblige your exit. That exit has yet to occur, and in the interim I've decided that you are scum and there's no more I need to think about it in terms of your alignment (though if you want to talk about scoring, your claim would have counted for a lot more if hadn't insisted on throwing a hissy fit). So I'm pursuing my win-con: eliminate town threats (which you somewhere along the line confused with survival). If that pursuit be singleminded it is a necessary evil, because if I stray too far, I fear I may be blown off course completely. Do not, however, mistake focus for tunnel vision. Looking forward does not mean I'm unaware of my surroundings.

Admittedly if he thinks I'm scum he might not care about what i think.

Bingo!

Still, he hasn't bothered to talk to other people in the game, about other topics. About who might be town, about who else might be scum.

That's what tomorrow's for. See, I think you miss the point of why nights can be multiple days (evidenced by the way you run games (and I should say this isn't meant as a criticism so much as a cultural difference)). With a 48-72 hour stretch, I can take a breath, look back, form reads and opinions on people more clearly. I can look critically and take the time the content really deserves. I can look at it in context of the outcome of the day. That, then, gives me the liberty to pursue the leads I feel most worthwhile. Now, today I knew from the moment virus flipped where I was going. Sometimes it takes more time than others. But if I took the time during the day to make those points, I'd lose sight of the goal. Anything else is a distraction. You suggesting that I look elsewhere is a distraction. I don't have time for it. Better to formulate it clearly at night than get muddled during the day.

don't believe this to be correct, i don't think i ever said my behavior made me look anti town.

Found it for ya:

In hindsight yes the post marks me bad.

Wasn't about you being a dick (which doesn't help either).

PCM has pushed 1 read on day 2. "storr is scum"
He has been unbending, unyielding on his push since the start of day 2.

Again, not seeing the issue here. It seems to me you're just not a fan of my playstyle (though I wouldn't call my play here to be universal for me).

He has not town read anyone in the game.

This from the guy who said "Everyone is scum to me, you have to earn being town in my eyes".

He has not scum read anyone else in the game.

Well there was mets. Though I changed my mind about him (to answer your complaint that I had "forgotten"), my theory being that if you can convince me of you being town, I'll lay off. Mets' behavior today leads me to believe he is town. You, on the other hand, have not done so. You have continually shown me you are not town and I have responded accordingly. There was also virus, who I agreed with your initial push on and continued to think scum afterward, but pursued Mets. And, per above, I'm on the fence about jonty (and not a fan of his quick vote switch, as much as I also think james is kinda scummy). So that insinuation is false.

Oh, and you forgot about this:

When i asked him to give reads on someone else, he did. He gave his thoughts on Spiesr and IB.

Whoops.

So yeah, this can all be broken down into "tunnel vision" (not true), "argues" (I'll concede I've been arguing with you ;) ) and "OMGUS" (self defeating). Anything else?
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:55 am

guys I wont be able to post in till late tonight past 11pm. I have a hellish work weekend. I will however agree that James needs to show up or be lynched.

vote james

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby spiesr on Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:58 am

StorrZerg wrote:Its as if, me pushing a second read day 1 on dj was worth 1000 scum points. While my initial push on virus was worth 1. My second push on virus 1.
Well, when you told everyone who was still voting for Virus that they were stupid for continuing to do so, in my mind that wipes out a lot of the points you get for getting them there in the first place. You said that anyone who voted for him for the reason which you initially did should stop doing so. And your action (actually moving your vote to Dj) said that you didn't think much of the later reasons. Whatever happened later aside, it was pretty clear that you did not want Virus lynched at that point.
jonty125 wrote:[unvote, vote James randomly confessing that you were at the scene of the crime. That's not town play. And for clarity. I'd still like Virus lynched.
I don't feel that it was necessary or smart for him to say that, but I am not sure it was scummy.
Captain spiesr

Postby StorrZerg on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:20 am

spiesr wrote:
StorrZerg wrote:Its as if, me pushing a second read day 1 on dj was worth 1000 scum points. While my initial push on virus was worth 1. My second push on virus 1.
Well, when you told everyone who was still voting for Virus that they were stupid for continuing to do so, in my mind that wipes out a lot of the points you get for getting them there in the first place.

It wasn't quite like that. I didn't call people stupid for voting virus, i called them a donkey if their reason for voting virus was early day 1..

Start moving your votes. Anyone still voting virus for day 1 early stuff is a donkey.
Im going to keep logs of anyone i see viewing this forum, and failing to post.

I want contribution. I didn't want people voting virus for early day 1 stuff, when late in day 1 much had been talked about.
Anyone who was online, and failed to say anything at this point, was being ok with the direction of the virus lynch or they are ok with a dj lynch. I wanted them to be voicing their opinion, even though i'm making a call for a push on dj, I want people voicing their opinion.
Which is like right now, i want people voicing their opinion on the game, and not just mindlessly pushing me.

You said that anyone who voted for him for the reason which you initially did should stop doing so. And your action (actually moving your vote to Dj) said that you didn't think much of the later reasons. Whatever happened later aside, it was pretty clear that you did not want Virus lynched at that point.
jonty125 wrote:[unvote, vote James randomly confessing that you were at the scene of the crime. That's not town play. And for clarity. I'd still like Virus lynched.
I don't feel that it was necessary or smart for him to say that, but I am not sure it was scummy.
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:26 am

ebwop

You said that anyone who voted for him for the reason which you initially did should stop doing so. And your action (actually moving your vote to Dj) said that you didn't think much of the later reasons. Whatever happened later aside, it was pretty clear that you did not want Virus lynched at that point.

Incorrect. My move off of virus, was spurred because jonty put virus to L-1. I still wanted virus to talk. I never made any indication that i would be ok with virus living and a no lynch happening. I pulled off virus for policy, i found it acceptable that he could possible prove himself, in conjunction with my power. I never thought he was town, for anything he did day 1, which is why i was persistent that i would be the one to hammer him if virus continued to do nothing. He failed on his last post, i said i was giving him X amount of time, x amount of time was almost up, I would have hammered. I'm not sure why you didn't wait to see if i would have hammered.
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:05 am

and here goes the continuation of PCM.

I can fault you for scummy suggestions born of self-preservation. What town would need to mortgage for that is too steep for the return. As for Streaker, it would only prove you didn't shoot. That doesn't clear you.

I'm town and trying to to not be lynched. I come from a different meta, and i do different things. It has been proven in past games that just because i do something different, does not make me scum. Sure streaker doesn't prove me 100%, but it does mean that there are likely 2 people who submitted kills within these 7.

PCM
James
IB
Mets
Jonty
Spiesr
DJ(and a lesser extent if the claim form jonty is real, dj is only on the list if jonty flips mafia with a different role)

I was being facetious. You must admit the fact that he posted shortly thereafter is amusing, though.

Not really. I want james to be posting, he has pressure right now, he made commitments this day, and is failing to keep them.

. Then again, it's still uncertain why he didn't block Storr in that case. Huh. Tough call.

starting to see a little reason...

the fact that I actually did something, which is agree with DJ. The fact that he says I led with "you look like shit" is proof he's either not reading properly or willfully ignoring the operative phrase of that post.

semantics which really don't matter at this point. You followed dj, with out adding anything new to conversation.

Um... sorrynotsorry? How is this bad?

In regards to him playing devils advocate. Its really only bad if this is the only thing you are doing. Its fine if you wan to have discussion on points, but you are not. You have an agenda to get me lynched and you have no care what else happens in the day. You are tunneling, which is not pro town.

That exit has yet to occur, and in the interim I've decided that you are scum and there's no more I need to think about it in terms of your alignment (though if you want to talk about scoring, your claim would have counted for a lot more if hadn't insisted on throwing a hissy fit). So I'm pursuing my win-con: eliminate town threats (which you somewhere along the line confused with survival). If that pursuit be singleminded it is a necessary evil, because if I stray too far, I fear I may be blown off course completely. Do not, however, mistake focus for tunnel vision. Looking forward does not mean I'm unaware of my surroundings.

I don't think you understand. I'm never going to exit volunteerly of this game. I'm not going to lay down and be lynched, I'm going to fight every second, and try and push town in the right direction. If i live because i've presented good cases, and defended myself well so be it. If i die because people tunnel on one specific moment of day 1, then ill make sure town is set in the right direction to lynch Mafia.

If your win con is eliminating "anti-town, then you have to understand that i'm not the last mafia. You are making no effort in finding anyone else. Nor are you playing to part of your win con, and town reading people. This is an issue, because latter in the game people will be unsure of what you think about them, you will suddenly push a new case, the most likely lynch of that day and try to push for the win.

One can easily push more than 1 person. One can easily push 1 person while town reading someone else. This is a poor reason on your part, for failing to read people. You are not focused, you are 100% tunneling. Tunneling by definition is what you are doing, ignoring everything else in the game, and "focused" on one single person. And its clear you will not stop till i am dead.
You are ignoring your surroundings, Sure you have said "hmm ok" to a few few things not me. But you make no indication of what you actually think on the subject. Requesting that you make any kind of read, besides pushing myself. Is hardly scummy, i suspect you avoid doing such things, because you are scared to town read people, and you are scared to try and push someone else for scum.

That's what tomorrow's for. See, I think you miss the point of why nights can be multiple days (evidenced by the way you run games (and I should say this isn't meant as a criticism so much as a cultural difference)). With a 48-72 hour stretch, I can take a breath, look back, form reads and opinions on people more clearly. I can look critically and take the time the content really deserves. I can look at it in context of the outcome of the day. That, then, gives me the liberty to pursue the leads I feel most worthwhile. Now, today I knew from the moment virus flipped where I was going. Sometimes it takes more time than others. But if I took the time during the day to make those points, I'd lose sight of the goal. Anything else is a distraction. You suggesting that I look elsewhere is a distraction. I don't have time for it. Better to formulate it clearly at night than get muddled during the day.

1. you could have done everything you have said in the day phase today.
2. You should say "lead" since that is all you are doing, that is all you will do on day 3, push a single read.
3. You tunnel plain and simple. Contributing to the game, by reading other people is hardly a distractions that takes away from your agenda to lynch a town storr.

Again, not seeing the issue here. It seems to me you're just not a fan of my playstyle (though I wouldn't call my play here to be universal for me).

Your play style of tunneling isn't good. You are unwilling to consider the facts of the game right now. The way you are playing makes it very clear, you never had any indication of switching off me. Your style hurts you late game if you are town, because you will have no reads open to town, people won't know where you stand, they wont know how to deal with you. Hence you will be lynched day 3, if i am lynched today.

Correction, you have not pushed anyone scummy this day. Your only original read and case stands for mets.

, I'm on the fence about jonty (and not a fan of his quick vote switch, as much as I also think james is kinda scummy). So that insinuation is false.

Here we go, a read! I'm glad the only 2 people who have been pressured today besides me are your scum team. I want you to present how i am connected to these 2.
Thing is, you are not actually trying to do anything about either of these people. (mind you, you don't have to vote for them since you still want me lynched) You are not questioning them, you not discussing them. You have simply just stated "yes they could be scum"

So yeah, this can all be broken down into "tunnel vision" (not true), "argues" (I'll concede I've been arguing with you ;) ) and "OMGUS" (self defeating). Anything else?

You did not volunteer any reads by yourself other than mets. That was the only thing you volunteered. Every other read in the game that you have, has been following someone elses lead.
push on virus by me, followed me cause you liked the reason. Mets original. Push back to virus, followed mets read. Push on me day 2, followed by Dj.
Your view on jonty, followed by the pressure of others. Your view on james, Followed by others. (and its super obvious his play has NOT ben pro-town) One can't not pressure him right now.

Personally i'd like to see you make a new read on someone, a unique read. Still plenty of people you haven't talked about.
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:06 am

James is at L-2.
Major StorrZerg

Postby Streaker on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:49 am

Metsfanmax wrote:Just want to point out that it's possible that both dj and jonty are scum and backing up each other's lies, in addition to the possibility that jonty is actually a mafia jailkeeper.

This is very convenient, isn't it? It made my senses go all tingly when I first read it. Must keep this in mind.
Jonty would still be my prefered lynch: if he flips mafia we get to lynch Dj on the next day.

I'm also willing to lynch James for general inactivity, and when posting it does not really have any substance.
Definitely not willing to jump votes to Storr, even though I find Mets has some very good points. I'm very unsure about taking a stand in this discussion. I feel that either jonty (for reasons stated above and in previous posts), or james (because staying WAAAAY beneath radar) should be lynched at this point.

I will only change my vote to james if I see that deadline approaches and there is no lynch in sight.
Captain Streaker

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Looks like the Storr lynch is not happening today, which is fine with me, so unvote. Waiting for James to post something.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Lol, just realized that I never actually placed my vote on Storr. Whatever.

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:29 pm

I also want to point out that, according to my reading, the only person Storr hasn't picked a real fight with is Spiesr. (It's hard because Storr has long posts and doesn't make them easy to read...) If Storr is mafia, then that would be an interesting thing to keep in mind.

Postby pancakemix on Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:40 pm

You ever read a word so many times is stopped meaning anything? I've reached that point with "tunnel". Seriously, saying I'm tunneling so many times means nothing, especially when I explained how that wasn't the case. Even taking the reads I have made into account, you discarded most of them because I "didn't originate them". There's no way to win with you. You're still just grumpy because I'm after you.

If your win con is eliminating "anti-town, then you have to understand that i'm not the last mafia.

...did you just put a number on how many scum there are?
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby StorrZerg on Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:23 pm

It's an obvious conclusion that there cant be only 2 mafia. ( with a scum team of virus + me) If that was the case, there is no way I bus virus. So hard and then back off. Your theory that I'm mafia hinges that I am not alone today.

Facts of the game also prove it. Streaker took my action and used it on himself.

2 people died in the night.

Your logical conclusion has to be that I'm not the only mafia.

As for your reads, I don't really consider what you state with out reason or opinions as reads.

I'll give you mets as a read.

Iron Butterfly. Simple statement that you don't know. No follow up.

Speirs day 1 read, no follow up.

Virus both times following. First time you followed was good. Second time you agreed on mets policy.

Jonty125 I honestly don't know if you find him scummy ot town. Either way you do not do any follow up with him.

James is inactive, you started with reasons to not focus him. Saying his inactivity was reasonable since he dropped out of another mafia game. Then no reason to pressure since he might be replaced. Thing is you never called his actions scummy or town. Until recently. His actions are 100% anti town because of his inactivity, his claim to have visited a dead person needs explication. If anything your actions are defending james.

Maybe you are not tunneling as much as I push. But your reads day 2 are severely lacking. And you have no follow up on day reads, and you have not read half the people in the game.
Major StorrZerg

Postby JamesKer1 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:15 pm

jonty125 wrote:
spiesr wrote:Interesting. Can the target voluntarily remove the protection/block, and can you have it on multiple players at once?

Not that I'm aware of and yes.

unvote, vote James randomly confessing that you were at the scene of the crime. That's not town play. And for clarity. I'd still like Virus lynched.

JamesKer1 wrote:
JamesKer1 wrote:I was not roleblocked night one, I even asked because I received no PM. The target I use my action on died during the night, though I was not the one to kill him. Strike, if this is not the case, feel free to correct me.

Detailed post to come in a little bit, putting some finishing touches on it and have to step away.

Apologies. Misinterpreted and thought that this information was requested for.

StorrZerg wrote:Who did you visit james? tambo or hotshot

Hotshot.

StorrZerg wrote:Also where is this huge post from james

I had internet issues when I got back, and now that my laptop is working again all 100% of it is completely irrelevant. I'm as frustrated as you are that it didn't happen.

StorrZerg wrote:James is at L-2.

Then, since it is customary to claim at L-2, I'm Detective Arnold Palmer- Town (Role) Cop. I investigated Hotshot, but I realize that this is unprovable since he is dead. However, I will be able to gather that information tonight.

I'm tempted to vote Jonty because of a general fishiness to his claim, but I will refrain from doing so for the moment until I can pinpoint something that stands out as fishy in particular, instead of just a gut feeling.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:28 pm

What was your result for the Hotshot investigation?

Postby StorrZerg on Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:37 pm

Why did you pick hotshot, over anyone else.
Major StorrZerg

Postby JamesKer1 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:What was your result for the Hotshot investigation?

Mod failed to provide results, and upon request he said that he felt they were unnecessary since Hotshot was dead.

StorrZerg wrote:Why did you pick hotshot, over anyone else.

He was quiet, semi-scummy sounding. He was probably next on my scum list, and I was going to try and push a case on you to get you to claim, so it made no sense to waste a night action on something that would be gained the next day. Looks like everyone else pitched in with that.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby StorrZerg on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:22 pm

What about him was scummy? Something had to of triggered.
Major StorrZerg

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives