Conquer Club

PKMN Beach Mafia: Cult Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: PKMN Beach Mafia: Cult Wins

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:45 pm

A desperate Vaporeon, crazed with frenzy, knew for certain the results of the night. Little did he know, there was no busdriver - at all. Either way he pulled the trigger on himself and splashed himself unconscious.

The mafia had realized that their efforts were futile, and the last mafioso jumped in the Blue Pontiac. "See you later, suckers" he yelled at the beach as they drove away, leaving a bunch of egg salad sandwich wrappers around.

Before that happened, the final attack was performed on the detective, and he fainted.

The three left standing on the beach were furious. Even though they had all played well, they still lost and would have to wander aimlessly, as Pokemon Go was less popular and beach weather ended - there was no trainers to come Catch 'Em All.

----------------------------------------------------------------

show

I probably should have made the vowel power one free slip-up, so death on slip 4. I hate how sometimes PRs don't have any consequences. Having the mafia be cult recruitable is extremely non-standard, but I was testing out a theme of betrayed trusts. I don't think I would ever do that again, but I'm surprised that the mafia held together loyally until the end. I would have jumped down mandy's throat for his day 1 case but then he dropped it and even after rishaed flipped scum, nobody called him on it - even after strike claimed a totally scummy role!

show

So the thing with Linda Searcy - she is a definite villain. When I was assigning the non-requested Pokemon, I went to bulbapedia's random page and stumbled upon this page. I was going to assign the Pokemon from this list. I only used the Gen I Pokemon (since that's all that Pokemon Go uses). There was only the Poliwhirl from Sierra, but we had 4 from Linda. I wanted a mechanic that tied them together, but a 4-member mafia wouldn't fit for me, so it turned out how it did. Since cult is a villain, so is Linda.
-Only those whose Personal Objectives depend on their actions would keep them

show

I might change this role to 50/50 back once turned to SK. I can't believe dakky claimed that part of the role or shot himself after there was no busdriver anymore. The cry in the Dawn of Day 2 scene is a Vaporeon cry. Someone clever could have figured that out, since the URL has the number 134 in it, the number of Vaporeon.

show

I always use role cops in non-vanilla, because it's an easy way to balance things on the fly. Poor timing for the claim, as already mentioned.

show

I accidentally sent out the names of the other Pikachus, so they started knowing who each other were; but it was no biggie, since a major theme was tested loyalties.

show

It seemed like a cool mechanic, so I put it in the game. It did waste 1 mafia kill.

show

I totally forgot that I made them lovers until now, and fucked that up. On a flavor note, they feud really well since the art shows them smoking bellsprout, which is an earlier evolution to Victreebel. Being a dick to your mason buddy is so Linda Searcy.

show

I just love the image of a giant rhinocerous tiptoeing about. The watching would have taken the form of being posted in the thread : "someone is watching x tonight". This PO has a typo: it should have been track/watch a murder, but it's unlikely to catch a murder if everyone knows it's happening. Taking the least sneaky Pokemon to sneak around is so Linda Searcy.

show

Rock hates water, hence the flavor (that's so Linda Searcy to bring her rock Pokemon to the beach). Obviously he didn't know that the mafia was bulletproof.

show

Another random Bulbapedia page.

Actions:
N1
Hotshot/Tim both surf twice forward; both lose night actions; both get a double vote which neither uses
william recruit hotshot
madmitch investigate Tim
aage heal mandy
gregwolf track AoG
mandy busdrive mitch and dakky (does nothing)
rishaed shoot gregwolf
strike PR IB w/ O

N2
aage heal Hotshot
Hotshot surf 2 forwards, loses a vote (but gets another one from doublevote so it just balances) tracks dakky21
dakky shoot Tim, stays town
mitch investigate dakky
mandy switch aage and mandy
william recruit aage (mandy per switch)
mandy kill Marashu
Tim Jumps 3 spots; loses night action

N3
dakky shoot dakky, turns SK thus fulfilling his PO
mitch investigate Hotshot "He's an electric Pokemon with a surfboard and an egg salad sandwich" is the result he would have got
aage heal mandy
Hotshot climbs 2 steps, loses night actions as random penalty (if the game went longer, he could have used them on the next night)
strike kill mitch, PR dakky w/ 'e'
william recruit mitch

After all that, it didn't turn out as fun as I would have like mechanic wise, but the players kept it tense with the accusations flying every which way. Thank you to all for playing

List of Team Winners
William18
Hotshot53
mandalorian2298
strike wolf

List of Personal Objective Winners
mandalorian2298
dakky21
Hotshot53
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:56 pm

So for the record, me and Mandy were both Mafia recruited to Cult. I find it hilarious that we both claimed our real roles and they were believed.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby dakky21 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:58 pm

There you go... I was Vaporeon and I pulled the trigger against myself as I was sure someone will bus me... and therefore kill someone else... but I was so wrong. Well, gg.

I was town Vig when I killed myself.
Captain dakky21

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:00 pm

Now who were the other two cultists? I actually don't know. I was only recruited tonight. If I had to guess though William (100% cult; likely leader) and hotshot. I will wait to see if my prediction is correct.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:03 pm

dakky21 wrote:There you go... I was Vaporeon and I pulled the trigger against myself as I was sure someone will bus me... and therefore kill someone else... but I was so wrong. Well, gg.

I was town Vig when I killed myself.

Well Mandy apparently lost his busdrive when Cult recruited him instead of Aage but I had kind of WIFOMed that you would target yourself so even if he had busdriven someone, it wouldn't have been with you.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:04 pm

And that's why we told you to shoot Mandy...
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Re: PKMN Beach Mafia: Day 1 - Sunny Day/Cloudy Day

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:05 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:confirmatorio

Innocent townie enjoying himself

strike wolf wrote:Confirmatorium.

Guilty mafia attempting to blend in by unabashed copying, whether subconcious or not.

Case closed.

I found this game amusing to watch because of this slip up on p2 which went unnoticed.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby dakky21 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:07 pm

Army of GOD wrote:And that's why we told you to shoot Mandy...

Even if I shot him, I'd kill one of the cultists... you'd lynch me today anyway and it would still be a scum/cult win. So it didn't really matter... how much mattered going for a no lynch D3.
Captain dakky21

Postby dakky21 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:10 pm

Mandy's pushing to lynch town because town MAY or may not become scum should have been differently assessed... he deserved a lynch when he first said "let's kill town"... but people were... ignorant.
Captain dakky21

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:14 pm

dakky21 wrote:Mandy's pushing to lynch town because town MAY or may not become scum should have been differently assessed... he deserved a lynch when he first said "let's kill town"... but people were... ignorant.

Will did even more so than Mandy but I was Willing to let an oddity slip when he said he had found Mandy town as it gained my scum buddy credit.

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:confirmatorio

Innocent townie enjoying himself

strike wolf wrote:Confirmatorium.

Guilty mafia attempting to blend in by unabashed copying, whether subconcious or not.

Case closed.

I found this game amusing to watch because of this slip up on p2 which went unnoticed.

The funny part is I was going for attention when I could post so I could bloat the game some. It is why I admitted to the PR day 2 and it is why I made up such a convoluted win condition day 3 and yet I was barely even questioned about it.

]As far as balance. I think this game was not fairly balanced for town. Cult and mafia in such a small game is already difficult to overcome. Cult mafia and a potential town traitor is even worse. Cult that can recruit mafia without dying?

Cadet strike wolf

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:21 pm

I updated the top of the page with stuff.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Marashu on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:47 pm

GG all! I did catch the vaporeon call in the scene, but it didn't really speak to me one way or the other - in fact, if dakky had claimed it, I would have pointed it out as suspicion that he was mafia. Never expected the cult to show up, but yeah, with cult and mafia both tugging at the votes, no wonder nobody could agree on a lynch.
Captain Marashu

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:57 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
I aage, you are Lily's Goldeen. Lily has a famous sister (Misty) but you are an unfamous sister's Pokemon, so you don't have much prestige. Nonetheless, you are a kind heart and always willing to help out.

You are a doctor.
Team Objective: Town
Personal Objective: Successfully Prevent a kill
[/spoiler]

[/quote]

strike wolf wrote: Aage I think is the doctor. With all the claims it is either him or Hotshot and his plan to have Dakky target you reeks of a trust in me ploy. At least I can't think of another reason to suggest it when he should realize that neither you nor Dakky are likely to follow the line.

Doom paraphrased: cult: William, Hotshot, Mandy, Strike

strike wolf wrote:Now who were the other two cultists? I actually don't know. I was only recruited tonight. If I had to guess though William (100% cult; likely leader) and hotshot. I will wait to see if my prediction is correct.

8-)

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Marashu on Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:06 pm

I had wondered if I took a mafia hit N2, but I thought it was more likely that aage was targeted and someone docsaved aage (looks like that wouldn't have happened). I don't understand why greg was killed N1.
Captain Marashu

Postby dakky21 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:11 pm

Marashu wrote:I had wondered if I took a mafia hit N2, but I thought it was more likely that aage was targeted and someone docsaved aage (looks like that wouldn't have happened). I don't understand why greg was killed N1.

rish - scum - shot him... a little weird choice but yeah... seems a good one now

sorry aage for not trusting you... but when you read all this, at least i have an excuse now, lol...
Captain dakky21

Postby dakky21 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:17 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:dakky21

show

I might change this role to 50/50 back once turned to SK. I can't believe dakky claimed that part of the role or shot himself after there was no busdriver anymore. The cry in the Dawn of Day 2 scene is a Vaporeon cry. Someone clever could have figured that out, since the URL has the number 134 in it, the number of Vaporeon.

How the hell was I supposed to know that there was no busdriver anymore? Anyway, even if I targeted either mandy (as aage said) or aage himself, the game would end the same way - with cult win - as if I shot mandy, they'd lynch me, or aage dead, same as I fainted, cult overpowers town. I claimed that part of the role as I thought it will sound honest, and it did, but that put me in the cooking pot.
Captain dakky21

Postby madmitch on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:08 pm

gg guys thanks
Cadet madmitch

Postby rishaed on Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:23 pm

dakky21 wrote:
Marashu wrote:I had wondered if I took a mafia hit N2, but I thought it was more likely that aage was targeted and someone docsaved aage (looks like that wouldn't have happened). I don't understand why greg was killed N1.

rish - scum - shot him... a little weird choice but yeah... seems a good one now

sorry aage for not trusting you... but when you read all this, at least i have an excuse now, lol...

For N1 I wanted to target someone i deemed as somewhat experienced, but also not high profile. On second though i shoulda just shot aage. His case really got me. So much so that I thought he was the cop after i got lynched. Dunno if he just got a really good read on me or what.... Also I though BuJ was suicidal/Bomb as he hinted. Wasn't really keen on hammering him. :cry:
aage why did you do what you did?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:51 pm

rishaed wrote:
dakky21 wrote:

For N1 I wanted to target someone i deemed as somewhat experienced, but also not high profile. On second though i shoulda just shot aage. His case really got me. So much so that I thought he was the cop after i got lynched. Dunno if he just got a really good read on me or what.... Also I though BuJ was suicidal/Bomb as he hinted. Wasn't really keen on hammering him. :cry:

Aage is just a really good player. He's good at making reads and you had kind of given yourself away day 1. More than I had realized actuallyou and I had considered bussing you but I considered you more important than I was. Not going after Aage from a risk reward standpoint technically was the correct decision. He was likely to have drawn a protect/watch that would have screwed us over any ways and we had no reason to believe he was the doc at that point. We could have also busdriven him but I had at least felt it was better to keep the idea we had a bus driver a secret at the time. Which at least for me and Mandy (sorry Rishy) turned out to be a good decision.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:43 am

Good game all.

After Doom mentioned the cult in the day 2 scene, no-one seemed to notice it... I even posted asking about cult, and no-one responded to it.. I was very surprised that no-one even brought it up in passing.
Major HotShot53

Postby mandalorian2298 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:34 am

Well played all and congrats to my Cultie partners. Special compliments to Hot Shot and William for puting up with my bitch-fit last Night without telling me GFY even once=D> and thank you for recruiting Strike.

strike wolf wrote:
]As far as balance. I think this game was not fairly balanced for town. Cult and mafia in such a small game is already difficult to overcome. Cult mafia and a potential town traitor is even worse. Cult that can recruit mafia without dying?

Quit stealing my rant, Strike! :x

DoomYoshi, thank you for making the game. Also, and I say this with all the love: CULT CAN'T RECRUIT MAFIA! It makes the game unfairly difficult for the Town and completely unwinable for Mafia. In this game it robbed rish of any chance to win and it also robbed aage of the win (William and Hot Shot were for recruiting him as a reward for his great play, which he completely deserved, but I insisted on Strike because he got screwed by bad rule).

@aage, you totally deserved that win as Cult cause you played great. At least we can continue with our yesterday's experiments. You go get the piano and I'll ask Marashu to stand on the 'X'. :twisted:
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby mandalorian2298 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:18 am

Having now read all the roles, I must say that, apart for that one thng that had foaming at the mouth all of Night 3, DoomYoshi really made a superb game.

Army of GOD wrote:And that's why we told you to shoot Mandy...

:lol: Words to live by!

That bluff and all the actions surrounding goes up among my favorite Mafia moments ever. Everything about it was just so perfect.
First William saves himself from lynch with great half-true claim and opens the door for my claim.
Then aage comes up with the plan that is even more perfect then I thought. I originally thought that he intended to verify my role and have me intantly executed if I'm lying; or to give me chance to deal with dakky without wasting any more Town's time. Instead he was using his position as a Town MVP to basicaly organize a shooting of the target he is going to protect for his PO. Such a sick plan! :lol:
Then dakky, who is tragically both aware of what I would do with my Bus Drive (which I don't have) and at the same time unaware that aage is planing to protect him; makes a BRILLIANT move of posting that he is going to kill aage instead of me and it ALMOST baits me into over-Hollywooding my bluff (though his intention was to make me question my plan to switch him and me, he certainly succeeded in making me hit the ceiling when I read that post :lol:). That was well played indeed and it almost made me say something, but after calming down a bit I decided that the best chance that I have for selling my bluff was to pretend that I haven't noticed dakky's post.
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby aage on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:38 am

rishaed wrote:For N1 I wanted to target someone i deemed as somewhat experienced, but also not high profile. On second though i shoulda just shot aage. His case really got me. So much so that I thought he was the cop after i got lynched. Dunno if he just got a really good read on me or what.... Also I though BuJ was suicidal/Bomb as he hinted. Wasn't really keen on hammering him. :cry:

You mean concerning the last night? Mandy's onto it. The plan I suggested was mainly to make sure I fulfilled my second wincon cause I could smell the town loss on the wind. I trusted Mandy slightly more than I trusted Dakky, considering Dakky's never-ending ploy to kill me, but assumed he would stick with the plan and that Mandy would bus me if needed... and if I died during the night and there were 2 kills, Mandy'd be hanged over Dakky.

But mostly it was the most I could try to do for town while being as selfish as possible.
HotShot53 wrote:Good game all.

After Doom mentioned the cult in the day 2 scene, no-one seemed to notice it... I even posted asking about cult, and no-one responded to it.. I was very surprised that no-one even brought it up in passing.
I saw you mention it but disregarded it thinking "f*ck cult". Whoops :lol:

Anyways, ggs guys, f*ck cult :D
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:41 am

Two more things. One: Dakky, never shoot yourself ever. Two: quicktopics?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:44 am

Hold on
DoomYoshi wrote:Strike Wolf can name a vowel and a player. That player can not use that vowel for the next turn or:
first strike - the effect counts next turn
second strike - loses a night action
third strike - modkill
You can only use each vowel once per game (a, e, i, o, u, y). The characters you inflict will know the consequences.
IB why didn't you full claim all consequences? Would've outed Strike as scum immediately.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives