Conquer Club

WoT:Mem of Light An Ending

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: WoT:Mem of Light An Ending

Postby aage on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:15 am

Meh. Doom played very erratically, I think. Got blindsided by that and read him wrong.

What was your role Strike?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:48 am

Kind of a cross between sk and cult recruiter. I could recruit anyone. Night 1, they would be aligned with me and I controlled their vote. Night 2 I controlled their action and vote and after night 3, they would die.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby StorrZerg on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:17 am

TimWoodbury wrote:it is kinda funny we took a shot and killed Dakky because of his crazy bomb talk but yet refused to go with me due to my cray talk. again gg Dark and yall tried hard

Uh I forced lynched on dakky because I could. Same with madmitch

I knew it would be easy and I knew they would implode under the pressure.
Major StorrZerg

Postby Marashu on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:20 am

Gg. I was Olver, 3rd party survivor. I could commute every other night, and 1/game I could blow the horn of Valere. The longer I waited, the stronger the effects. I was gonna use it N5 to make night kills public that night, to give 2 lynches D6, and to make myself one time deathproof. If I died, whoever killed or hammered me got the horn, and it would appear in the scene.
Captain Marashu

Postby Marashu on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:45 am

Just read the qt. Well played light. I was surprised nobody pointed out that I was on all the lynches.
Captain Marashu

Postby dakky21 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:57 am

StorrZerg wrote:
TimWoodbury wrote:it is kinda funny we took a shot and killed Dakky because of his crazy bomb talk but yet refused to go with me due to my cray talk. again gg Dark and yall tried hard

Uh I forced lynched on dakky because I could. Same with madmitch

I knew it would be easy and I knew they would implode under the pressure.

Forcing me into a lynch isn't a space science. I'd get lynched sooner or later. What I don't understand is Tim who claimed scum D2 and no one went after it.
Captain dakky21

Postby aage on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:41 pm

Marashu wrote:Just read the qt. Well played light. I was surprised nobody pointed out that I was on all the lynches.

So was I, so I didn't consider it to be a scumtell.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:10 pm

aage wrote:Meh. Doom played very erratically, I think. Got blindsided by that and read him wrong.

What was your role Strike?

Sorry, I had a pretty ironclad claim. I voted mandy because I was a town busdriver and I thought for sure he couldn't be a town busdriver.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:26 pm

I can't help but think that if I hadn't been chosen as a night target night 1. I probably would have had a decent chance at winning. Recruit Storr night 1. His information would probably convince me to recruit Tim N2. Convince town to lynch Mat day 2 or 3. By the time Storr outlived his usefulness and was about to die I could probably steer the lynch towards him (if needed) and away from me and my non-expiring pawns.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby StorrZerg on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:28 pm

I picked you for a reason ;)
Major StorrZerg

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:51 pm

Should this game not have ended N1 once Strike died,.... not seeing how dark could win after that.

Well played Storr, you had me fooled.
Well played Tim, you had a strong role and you made the most of it in your own way.
Well played Mars, you walked the line well.

Apologies, Mandy, my bad
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Ragian on Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:03 pm

aage wrote:
StorrZerg wrote:Sorry guys. I was a huge ass this game.

That's ok, I stopped giving a shit about the game ages ago tbh.

Also, the past participle of "to hang" is "hanged". I doubt Tim's role increased the size of his package.

The only thing I'll bring from this game is a light chuckle caused by this grammar joke.
Major Ragian

Postby BuJaber on Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:07 pm

I'm gonna take mandy's advice and play like I want to / am comfortable with from now on.

If we learnt anything is that town should bloody communicate much more. Giving up information is much more useful than it is dangerous.

Storr was obvious scum, there just wasn't any particular proof. Also first game with him, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt thinking it may just be his personality.

wing was a bully. I was convinced you were scum very early on and I'm still shocked that you were town. I will always post my opinions during the game, that won't stop.. but I sensed that there were others, more timid than I who were afraid of you and thus didn't post or just went with majority lynch without discussion.
aage was kinda inactive. you two have influence. with influence comes responsibility. town listens to you.... in this game that was a bad thing, in other games it can be a big advantage. when you are town and are not keeping discussions going that's a disaster.

dakky i was gonna lynch you regardless. because of principle. using the bomb threat because rish had a bomb role in his last game is a poor defense and should not be rewarded.

At least this was the first game ever where i never doubted ragian for a second and he was indeed town :lol:

Finally if you will permit me this observation: generally speaking the players in this forum are too focused on history and meta, and flavor too. This is having a negative effect on town. I know I am a relative newbie to the game of mafia and I do feel that I am learning from y'all but this is definitely something i've noticed and it needs to be worked on. This game in particular we all wasted so much time discussing wheel of time instead of discussing this game of MAFIA.

Mandy I'm sorry too, but every so often your posts are just so weird and inconsistent that my scum radar goes crazy. Happened here and in war on terror mafia. It's like you don't care anymore, very similar to tim, just more legible. :P

As for mitch or tim anymore. It is now clear to me that I don't really understand them so until I do I will be very cautious about voting for them. That said we all did suspect tim from day 2... not sure why we didn't lynch him early on.

newguy and I were tracker/watcher pair (each has 1 action per night but can be either tracker or watcher) we had a kill ability that we never got to use because it's kinda difficult to achieve, especially with the busdrivers. until now I am still unsure of all scenarios in which a kill would have been possible, but it involved tracking someone & seeing that same someone visit a watch target of ours. We had a chance to kill tokle but I think he got switched with aage who we never saw visit any of our targets.

Anyway whatever... town : more talking next time please please O:) O:)

Well done light! =D>
Major BuJaber

Postby strike wolf on Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:31 pm

Honestly Aage and wing not going after Storr who I really thought was obvious was a big reason why I misread them as Storrs scum buddies (that and I still don't get Aage day 1 play). It wasn't until after they basically led the charge on the Greg lynch that I fully changed my mind on that.

Day 1 reads

Scum
1. Storr
2. Aage
3. Mandy

Not good on scum

Town
1. Doom
2. Mitch
3. Tokle

Good on town.
Day 3

1. Storr
2. Sam_Levi
3. Wing
4. Aage

50/50 scum

Town

1. Doom
2. Tokle
3. Ragian

N4

Scum
1. Storr
2. Sam_Levi
3. Hotshot
4. Ragian (though reluctantly due to Greg lynch)

Town

1. Doom
2. Tokle
3. Wing
4. Aage
5. Mets
6. Marashu

I think was my list. I was always unsure about tim. I think I felt he was mafia but couldn't reason out why he was pushing for his own lynch until I saw his role and I gave Mitch 2.0 the benefit of the doubt mostly.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby StorrZerg on Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:03 pm

This game setup was more about figuring out the flavor rather than playing a game of mafia. As mafia we did a good job of stifling conversation, and keeping the lynch focus small. This was critical from us since we had 0 fake claims, and honestly it would = an instant lynch if any of us had to claim. If one of us had been up for lynch day 1, game ends fast off that imo. With that, mass claim ends the game. Honestly any game rish holds should be mass claim day 1. until he learns how to balance a game to curb the power of a mass claim. (potentially all games). Not sure if any mods besides myself actually balance with fake claims. And by that i mean flavor fake claims. (this helps throw the focus of the game on actually playing mafia).
=
Also kill on strike. not active enough on day 1, figured you had a strong role, plus doubt you would have been saved that night. I didn't think i had the energy to battle you as well later.

@Bujaber when did you ever pressure me? Did you provoke a reaction ? Can't even say anyone voted me this game. not sure if thats true or not.

Tims mafia claim day 2. Was terrible. or w/e he first did it. We had no idea about other powers, day vig could have killed him etc. Other things etc. absolutely 0 reason to do what he did. I know he did it because he couldn't be lynched. but it was foolish and could have cost the game.
Major StorrZerg

Postby strike wolf on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:22 pm

It was not my best played day 1. I got a bit too much into my head about the uncertain set up, even though I was given Lannfear as my fake claim. Being a solo scum I didn't think the risk of pushing the position of dark being town was worth the risk of becoming the next lynch. If I was 100% that my fake claim meant that dark was town, I probably would have been more aggressive.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Marashu on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:27 pm

It wasn't until partway through D2 that I realized it - my role PM didn't mention light or dark, so I really didn't want to either associate with or pretend to be either. I thought mandy was 3rd party because he wasn't going along with dark=town until mid D2 as well (I didn't realize in my first post, but when I went back to check my wording later, it was neutral enough that it didn't equate to a light slip)
Captain Marashu

Postby new guy1 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:46 pm

Forgot to post this and I don't think rish or Buj has:

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/rwQkwNBJZcE
Sergeant new guy1

Postby gregwolf121 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:00 am

this was a fun game, i would like to see everybody's roles and night actions. mostly curious what happened during the night because i don't think any night passed like i thought it would.

also thanks to my team for lynching me, i thought they did it for town credit, but it looks like they just forgot. ah well it was still fun
Captain gregwolf121

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:59 am

This was probably my worst game, even though we managed to win... in fact most of our team didn't play all that good, but thankfully there were easy lynches that we could get and not too much suspicion came on us, at least not more than others.

The light being scum was an interesting twist that gave us one basically free lynch, was something I hadn't seen in a game before.

I normally don't have much to say day 1 and 2.... but after that I pick up and play better once there is more information. This game I never did get involved... all the absent people, including the mod, kind of didn't give me much incentive, plus there was always an "obvious" lynch, so I figured scummarizing was my best move, and it turned out to work.
Major HotShot53

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:01 am

gregwolf121 wrote:this was a fun game, i would like to see everybody's roles and night actions. mostly curious what happened during the night because i don't think any night passed like i thought it would.

also thanks to my team for lynching me, i thought they did it for town credit, but it looks like they just forgot. ah well it was still fun

Yeah, when you flipped, I was like whoops... kind of had a brain freeze there. Don't think I've ever done that before... another sign of this being a bad game for me. Of course the time-out lynch without warning didn't help either.
Major HotShot53

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:34 am

BuJaber wrote:
wing was a bully. I was convinced you were scum very early on and I'm still shocked that you were town. I will always post my opinions during the game, that won't stop.. but I sensed that there were others, more timid than I who were afraid of you and thus didn't post or just went with majority lynch without discussion.

I wasnt a bully from the start. I gave everyone a little info at the start of d2 to encourage conversation. Everyone continued to act like cowards. The conversation was entirely between yourself, mandy, storr and me. It became clear that we werent getting anywhere, (I now realise that was Storrs fault). So I resorted to my plan B. You may not like it, I sure as hell dont, but it got Greg and Sam.

Mets and Aage werent quiet because of me. The players who could have been scared of me. Rage, NewGuy, Greg, Sam, etc all contributed far more after I switched playstyle. So dont put this crap on me.

I was well aware that people would try and lynch me for it, hence the watertight alibi that I used to overturn my lynch.

The person I apparently personally attacked was Hotshot. Read his comments above his lack of posting wasnt my fault, he was a goddamn coward anyway. Scummarining is a hollow way of winning, but we appear to have developed a culture in our games of it and its breaking the games. (Hotshot is by no means the only one)
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby mandalorian2298 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:12 am

StorrZerg wrote:Sorry guys. I was a huge ass this game.

You're only ass if you lose. ;)

Congrats to Light and Marashu for winning; and thank you for the modding Rish.

I don't blame you guys for lynching me, I dug myself a pretty big whole on Day 1. As for the claiming, I gave all the info that I believed would convince anyone who could still be convinced not to hang me.

@BuJaber Nothing to be sorry about, I played poorly. As for Wing's "bullysh" play - I now see that as his style. If he finds a way to win with it then good for him; if not then the rest of the players will have learned to adapt to it and turn it against it. Either way, Wing contributes to the rich diversity that is CC Mafia community. :ugeek:
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby BuJaber on Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:52 am

StorrZerg wrote:
@Bujaber when did you ever pressure me? Did you provoke a reaction ? Can't even say anyone voted me this game. not sure if thats true or not.

I didn't.. that's what I'm trying to say.. I played badly especially when it came to you. Also I was slowly trying to build a case on wing/aage who I thought were scum at the time because they felt like the better target. Mostly though I was just afraid that nobody would back me up except new guy and that was scary considering the most active 3 players in the game were my original 3 scum reads. So either I was gonna get lynched or night killed very early on, which happened anyway. :x

Wing my post came out a little harsher than I intended. It wasn't that your style was bad by itself, it was just the combination of other factors especially a very confusing set of night actions that meant that for the first few lynches we were forced us to go with the flow. If we didn't have so many people not contributing it would have actually been the best thing for us that you were putting so much pressure on certain people. But when there is only 5-8 out of 20 talking, then narrowing our focus on 1 or 2 targets becomes a poor strategy, because there is limited diversity in perspectives.
Major BuJaber

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:12 pm

HotShot53 wrote:
The light being scum was an interesting twist that gave us one basically free lynch, was something I hadn't seen in a game before.

Almost everything is actually with Light as scum. Most stories are about "light" heroes facing overwhelming "dark" forces. Think of any video game and count how many good guys versus how many of the endless hordes of enemies there are. I think Mr. Squirrel did a mafia like that, but I can't find it. I'm sure I've played it in this forum.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives