Conquer Club

Balance Not Included Come Back Mafia End Game: Mod Down!!!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Balance Not Included Come Back Mafia D6: Instant Replay

Postby Fircoal on Sun May 07, 2017 1:30 am

Skoffin wrote:To be honest I thought "We'll go with DDS' plan" was enough to make it clear I was following DDS' plan. He may have stated DJ in the plan but I figured anyone would know it would swap to Dakky when we swapped the lynch around.
Chu, sometimes you overthink too much - my nonsense ramblings don't trump the first part where I state what plan I'm following :P

Well of course I figured that you were talking about dakky in DJ's place. It was the fact that you had made improvements to the plan that confused me. DDS noted them himself too after you made them so it's not like it was out of the question that, that was the new plan. Especially with what you had said.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Re: Balance Not Included Come Back Mafia D6: Instant Replay

Postby nagerous on Sun May 07, 2017 2:34 am

Fircoal wrote:
Skoffin wrote:To be honest I thought "We'll go with DDS' plan" was enough to make it clear I was following DDS' plan. He may have stated DJ in the plan but I figured anyone would know it would swap to Dakky when we swapped the lynch around.
Chu, sometimes you overthink too much - my nonsense ramblings don't trump the first part where I state what plan I'm following :P

Well of course I figured that you were talking about dakky in DJ's place. It was the fact that you had made improvements to the plan that confused me. DDS noted them himself too after you made them so it's not like it was out of the question that, that was the new plan. Especially with what you had said.

I was just confused as to why DJ got lynched the previous day phase rather than Dakky. Made this all so much more difficult to finish.
Captain nagerous

Re: Balance Not Included Come Back Mafia *D1 12/12*

Postby dakky21 on Sun May 07, 2017 8:43 am

TimWoodbury wrote:
dakky21 wrote:Want to try something new this time,no other option than to try it...

well comfirmed skum right here trying something new must be skum only reason to change play style so as to hide from possable meta reads you jsut fucked urself dakky

Actually Tim had it right there on page 4, Day 1 ;)
Captain dakky21

Re: Balance Not Included Come Back Mafia *D1 12/12*

Postby Skittles! on Sun May 07, 2017 8:59 am

dakky21 wrote:
TimWoodbury wrote:
dakky21 wrote:Want to try something new this time,no other option than to try it...

well comfirmed skum right here trying something new must be skum only reason to change play style so as to hide from possable meta reads you jsut fucked urself dakky

Actually Tim had it right there on page 4, Day 1 ;)

Yep, this is what made me target you at night as well. Too bad you killed me before I could utter a word!!

Rly impressive gameplay tho IMO, especially when you seemed like you didn't give a shit if you got lynched or not.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Re: Balance Not Included Come Back Mafia End Game: Mod Down!

Postby dakky21 on Sun May 07, 2017 10:56 am

Skittles, as far as I remember, I didn't target you for a kill that night.

As the night ended and there was no kill, I knew you delayed it so I had to kill you as soon as possible because you would say you delayed me and that would be the end for scum. Timing was crucial and I had luck that Strike is online and kills you before you say anything ;)

BTW, just to add, my role name was - Traffic Light.
Captain dakky21

Postby strike wolf on Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

For the record, Legions action n1 was more important some may realize. Rage had targeted Samlen who Skoffin hid behind so without the delay, two town would have died n1.

I feel the rule change was necessary. The game was stalling and without it, I felt a second no Lynch due to time running out would probably kill the remaining activity.

Full actions soon hopefully, I apparently didn't save my n3 actions before I had logged off and am trying to piece them back together.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun May 07, 2017 10:27 pm

strike wolf wrote:I feel the rule change was necessary. The game was stalling and without it, I felt a second no Lynch due to time running out would probably kill the remaining activity.

I don't blame you for doing what you need to do in the best interests of the game. I do wish it had been at the start of a day phase and not in the middle of one, but it is what it is.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Fircoal on Sun May 07, 2017 11:55 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I feel the rule change was necessary. The game was stalling and without it, I felt a second no Lynch due to time running out would probably kill the remaining activity.

I don't blame you for doing what you need to do in the best interests of the game. I do wish it had been at the start of a day phase and not in the middle of one, but it is what it is.

To be fair with how it played out I was going to hammer that last day if necessary. So it didn't matter for that day. The only reason I didn't hammer is I knew it was going to be a lynch anyway so why not give him the full time to come up with a response? there wasn't much risk to it.
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon May 08, 2017 1:45 am

Fircoal wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

To be fair with how it played out I was going to hammer that last day if necessary. So it didn't matter for that day. The only reason I didn't hammer is I knew it was going to be a lynch anyway so why not give him the full time to come up with a response? there wasn't much risk to it.

It did matter. If the rule change had waited until D3, then neither dakky nor I would have been voting Ragian. So your vote would have made it four, not six. We were only on the lynch at that point because it seemed like a done deal, so might as well try and buy some town cred out of it.

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon May 08, 2017 5:06 am

Vote strikewolf
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Fircoal on Mon May 08, 2017 11:15 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
Fircoal wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

It did matter. If the rule change had waited until D3, then neither dakky nor I would have been voting Ragian. So your vote would have made it four, not six. We were only on the lynch at that point because it seemed like a done deal, so might as well try and buy some town cred out of it.

Ah got it. Probably depends on what others would have done then.
Captain Fircoal

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 11, 2017 10:19 am

N1
Mets gives eggo waffle (time bomb) to Dakky
Dakky Block Skoffin (failed due to Skoffin hide takin precedence)
Mitch Investigated Legion (innocent)
Dj protected Mets
Tim Visited Legion
DDS visited Fircoal (no visitors)
Ragian kill Samlen (delayed)
Legion Delayed Ragian*
Skoffin hid behind Samlen

*So without Legion's action on Rage Skoff and sam would have been dead after N1.

D2

Ragian uses delayed action to kill Mitch

N2

Mets Alarm clock Dakky (Action switcher)
Dakky Attempts to role block DDS action switched. Kill Fircoal (failed). Passed bomb to Samlen
DJ protects Mets
Tim visits Mets
DDs watches Legion Action switched with block
Legion delays samlen (blocked)
Skoffin hides behind samlen
Nag instigates Samlen (no action to instigate)

N3

Mets Kills Tim; gives heat seeking egg to Dakky (should have been given to Nag because of his ability but mod mistake)
Dakky blocks DDS; receives redirect (again by mistake) from Mets and redirects Nag to DJ.
Dj protects mets (redirected to nag)
Tim watches Nag (dies)
DDS watches ??? (did not find this action choice); action was delayed/essentially blocked.
Legion delays DDS
Skoffin hides behind Fircoal
Nag Instigates mets (messed up action as I had fircoal by him so instead redirected to DJ)*

So I'm pretty sure what happened is when I wrote down the actions, Skoffin and Nag were next to each other and I must have written down Fircoal by nag first and then forgot to delete and correct.

N4

Dakky blocks Dj, kills DDS (both delayed)
Dj protects DDS
DDs watches Skittles
Skittles delays Dakky
Skoffin hides behind Skittles (switched with Nag)
Nag instigates Skoffin

D4

Dakky uses delayed action to kill Skittles

N5

Dakky blocks DDS, kills Nag (Instigated so both actions went to Nag)
DDS watches Dakky (sees Nag and Skoffin)
Skoffin hides behind Dakky (dies)
Nag instigates Dakky (dies)
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby dakky21 on Thu May 11, 2017 11:18 am

BTW, was Fircoal really all game bulletproof or just one shot? I was wondering the whole game if I targeted Chu again for a kill would it go through second time.
Captain dakky21

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 11, 2017 11:21 am

dakky21 wrote:BTW, was Fircoal really all game bulletproof or just one shot? I was wondering the whole game if I targeted Chu again for a kill would it go through second time.

All the way.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby dakky21 on Thu May 11, 2017 11:44 am

Then really, why Skoffin didn't hide all the game behind him? Actually, when both Ragian and Mets were lynched, if Skoffin hided behind Chu all the time, it would eventually get to 2 town vs 1 scum and I couldn't even have a chance.

Edit: I mean, when Skoff hided first time behind Chu and didn't die and when Chu said he was bulletproof, that should have been the end of mafia.
Captain dakky21

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 11, 2017 6:08 pm

Funnily enough, Skoffin had the same thought but never acted on it.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu May 11, 2017 10:11 pm

strike wolf wrote:
dakky21 wrote:BTW, was Fircoal really all game bulletproof or just one shot? I was wondering the whole game if I targeted Chu again for a kill would it go through second time.

All the way.

I was going to say that this is supremely unbalanced. And then I remembered...

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 11, 2017 10:34 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

All the way.

I was going to say that this is supremely unbalanced. And then I remembered...

I'm actually finding it beneficial though as I can look at it and say "What happened here? Why wasn't this game balanced? And how could I make it better balanced?" To be fair, I knew the game was a bit unbalanced towards town from Day 1 because of the number of roles that made the kill more difficult to achieve but it wasn't until Skoffin suggested that she could hide behind Fircoal (and thus never die unless lynched) that I realized it was a bit more unbalanced than I thought.

I'm also now considering full phase powers (Night and into Day or vice versa for Day actions) and half phase powers (just the respective phase of the game where the action was taken) for if I ever finish my Night and Day Mafia (I'll need a co-mod for that regardless).

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Fircoal on Thu May 11, 2017 10:35 pm

strike wolf wrote:Funnily enough, Skoffin had the same thought but never acted on it.

I think I had the same thought as well.
Captain Fircoal

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri May 12, 2017 3:18 am

N3 was legion. Didn't bother changing targets.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives