Conquer Club

Civilization Mafia - Town Victory!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Civilization Mafia - Town Victory!

Postby mandalorian2298 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:43 am

Congratulations to Town!

Thanks for including me in your creative process Masket (also thank you for suffering my frequent goofing of topic with a stiff upper lip :) ). P.S. I told you that I don't know how to balance a normal 16 player game. :mrgreen:

Fircoal, when you get lynched on Day 1 it has nothing to do with the game balance and everything to do with you being a noob. :P

Ga, I am currently in the process of bribing a small pack of adorable, apple-cheeked children to play under your window every day during the afternoon nap time and all through the weekends. :twisted:
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby dakky21 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:59 am

Generally I liked the game, would like it more if I didn't get lynched for saying the truth ;)
Captain dakky21

Postby benga on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:10 am

Minister Masket wrote:I may post a big Self Defence post later when I'm not at work, but I think people here have missed a few very big points. (Wished I had posted the role PM's yesterday now).

Overall I agree that the mafia were at a disadvantage and that I should've given a fake claim from the start.
Was it more of a disadvantage than benga with the scum ability to find out about buildings getting himself lynched on Day 1? NO

You can't blame the mod for that in exactly the same way I don't blame Fircoal for I making exactly the same mistake (though I lasted a wee bit longer) in Indigo Mafia - posting about a game mechanic on Day 1 (Pokemon trainers there, barbarians here).

Minister Masket wrote:Hello, and welcome to Civilization!

Were you expecting to be civilised? Ha! No such luck I'm afraid, as you are Barbarian Steve

And your role is Mafia Spy

As part of the nefarious mafia, you can talk during night phases with your fellow mafia members, who are:

Barbarian Dave - HotShot53
Barbarian Brian - ga7

As Mafia Spy, you will be able to infiltrate one player (nation) per night and see how they are developing.

And as mafia, you win when you either outnumber the town members or eliminate them entirely, because civilization is overrated. The world should be full of chaos!

If you are happy with everything, please confirm in the game thread.

Good luck out there, and shoot over a PM if you have any questions.

that was one spy per turn

and yes I did play poorly-trying to get cred by helping dakky skip his usual day 1 lynch
but most of people haven't played civ either so they didn't understand
that there are scenario based campaigns that include neutral civs
if I knew this was based of civ 1 I could have make a better fake claim

anyway, I enjoyed my first time as scum, in the end my own fault I died on day 1
Sergeant benga

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:06 am

Minister Masket wrote:I may post a big Self Defence post later when I'm not at work, but I think people here have missed a few very big points. (Wished I had posted the role PM's yesterday now).

Overall I agree that the mafia were at a disadvantage and that I should've given a fake claim from the start.
Was it more of a disadvantage than benga with the scum ability to find out about buildings getting himself lynched on Day 1? NO

You can't blame the mod for that in exactly the same way I don't blame Fircoal for I making exactly the same mistake (though I lasted a wee bit longer) in Indigo Mafia - posting about a game mechanic on Day 1 (Pokemon trainers there, barbarians here).

Finding out 1 building on night 1, and not being able to tell the rest of us until night 2... wouldn't have helped much at all. Day 1 benga got lynched because he had no idea of buildings, and if it wasn't him it would have been one of the others of us. The point is, he did get lynched day 1 because scum had no way of knowing basic stuff that all town knew. And with almost all town being watchers/trackers/cop by day 2 or 3... even if by a miracle we had survived that long we would have been quickly found out and lynched then, especially since I'm sure we would have slipped up with saying wrong things about buildings at some point.
Major HotShot53

Postby strike wolf on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:25 am

I found it a bit hilarious when Skittles called Benga and Hotshot obvious scum. Benga so obvious skittles never voted him. Hotshot. So obvious we lynched Aage instead.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby nagerous on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:29 pm

I was third party apparently but didn't get to nuke anyone in the end (was not in my interest to) and won with the town

So did ga7 know about bunkers? I had no idea (had to navigate around that without looking scummy)

Ga7 was first to mention them, I guess he could build but his scum partners couldn't ?
Captain nagerous

Postby benga on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:48 am

nagerous wrote:I was third party apparently but didn't get to nuke anyone in the end (was not in my interest to) and won with the town

So did ga7 know about bunkers? I had no idea (had to navigate around that without looking scummy)

Ga7 was first to mention them, I guess he could build but his scum partners couldn't ?

can you elasborate pls on your third party thing
you could have ended the game by mass nukes at round x?
Sergeant benga

Postby nagerous on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:58 am

benga wrote:
nagerous wrote:I was third party apparently but didn't get to nuke anyone in the end (was not in my interest to) and won with the town

can you elasborate pls on your third party thing
you could have ended the game by mass nukes at round x?

To be honest I don't know the mod just said I was third party but still had the town WC
Captain nagerous

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives